• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring ma wii uh.......
Im sleeping early this time so I wont be half asleep during matches and such.
Uh..
I'll be startingoff as falcon first two rounds.

ANTI I'll be guy inall brown/white +jacket

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You guys are going crazy over these new codes for brawl. You will see the damage you are gonna create if you keep this up. I am not even gonna mess with any of this stuff. Safest and most legit code is no tripping. Anything else will just change the who balance of the game. The game is unbalanced and broken enough and you wanna make it worst? Heh heh-heh

Also I Have no clue how I did not noticed this this before but everything is 5 bucks. so I MIGHT, MAYBE enter teams. But I would want a good player as my Partner and one who is good at teams. Yes even for 5 bucks I want a good partner and to hopefully make it far in teams. I know my Peach ****, so I'm good partner material right here, and Peach is great in teams.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I dont know about the rest of the veteran characters but FALCON would love either Shield Canceling or a longer short hop distance.

A code for more knee priority too.

Dark what time you showing up to the tourney?
I want a dollar MM. Falcon Vs Peach best outta 3/5.
Ninjalink too MM Falcon vs Marth 1$.
Anyone elsefor Falcon vs MMs?
No MKs

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Dark Pch it wouldn't make it more broken, it would make it much less broken. That and a lot more fun. Those are the reasons I'm pushing for it. But if people are gonna keep making judgements about it without even trying it, then why bother. People can't recognize quality when they see it, apparently.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pch it wouldn't make it more broken, it would make it much less broken. That and a lot more fun. Those are the reasons I'm pushing for it. But if people are gonna keep making judgements about it without even trying it, then why bother. People can't recognize quality when they see it, apparently.

Peach already has lagless aerials :L
Unfair is what it is.
*is shut-up in advance by dair utilt lolbo*

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys I just wanted to make a few comments about tomorrow and the store itself.

I think what greenblob said is very true. Yes the store is a little cramped but it does include a downstairs area and a small area for people outside. Weather is looking good and I think this will help alot also. Unfortunately , the venue I wanted at this point was not available. At the same, this tournament is to help promote the store for my friend Chris. As for the next monthly it will most likely take place at web2zone depending on this turnout( Hopefully this all works out). I really encourage everyone to show up and show their skills. I apologize for the space but it was the best I could do in my personal budget .

As far as the chairs I spoke about in a previous post. Unfortunately there was an issue purchasing some so we tried to get as many as possible. Due to a personal issue the manager could not purchase the chairs needed for this event. He, me , and Chris would like to really apologize for that and hope that we do our best that day to help everyone have a good time.

Bottom line you guys know I do the best I can to make sure we all have a good time. This is one of those occasions where a lot of things happened that had a few things fall through. It is no ones fault but because they are a gaming store that sells games a lot of things had to be address that was OUTSIDE of the tournament itself that is the cause for these reasons. These monthlies are for you guys and I hope you all know how hard I worked to get NYC back together and to show we can still do it better than everyone out there. I will see you all tomorrow at 11am sharp.

Til then Layter Dayz

Alex

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude its about common sense. This game is already cheesy as it is. You can Do well by Just camping alone. At least with Melee, if one camped and they screwed up or you made them screw up, you could punish them for it hard care and its done. In brawl, if they screw up, Not much would happen and they can go at it again.

There is too much crap you can get away with in this game. And adding all this code stuff to it will make this game insane. Give all this power to someone like Plank and you think twice about all of this. People already know about meta and how much of a pain he is. To a point they talked about banning him. Banning a character? It got that serious. And rumor has it, he has been banned in some tournaments already (don't quote me on this) Now give all these codes to meta and there will be no choice but to bann him for sure. Everybody will be riding on metas nutz and tournament results will not be legit or the same again. And alot People will dislike this game more then they do now, even if they do play it.

But if you think this is not true, you and the others go knock yourselves out. There is a reason brawl and melee are 2 different games. You can't bring the world of melee to brawl. Both games have thier purpose

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Questions:

1) Will the no tripping code be in effect for the tourney?
2) Will there be friendlys with the WD hack?

Either way, I'm definitely coming. I feel ready.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
Alright well I need mah rest. Look out for a kid with a black and gray sweater along with a black hat tomorrow. I should be getting there early.

-Squirrelz

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I need a team mate... I'll be doing friendlies if anyone wants to see if my Ness meets your teaming standard

First I need to warm up with a few friendlies before you judge me?

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yo the wavedash hack really isnt that bad. the uses for wavedashing is almost no where near the same as in melee and its alot harder to do and the biggest change was it enabling combos to work. since the airdodges are like that u cant just air dodge out of everything or you will get hit anyway so characters like mario and falcon had good air juggles especially off stage. another good thing was being able to waveland platforms and ledges. it just made the game faster and it gave me the chance to see what melee would be like if snake or meta knight was in it. O yea since air dodging picks up items u can wave dash into grenades and bananas to pick them up

ComboBaker

Smash Cadet
Yo im really sorry, but i can't bring my component cables
I need to get back home As soon as me and Seismic Floss are eliminated, so i'd have to take them with me. SO i am really sorry, i hope you guys have enough and again i apologize. Did I mention that I'm sorry? but seriously, next time i should be able to contribute, but things have just gotten too complicated.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
then ur out your mind XD

seriously though tripping is off for competitive purposes

we install the homebrew channel that helps to allow u to dwl free VC games on ur wii..I will explain to each person I install it on

cba

Smash Master
wow,... one event that i was looking forward to go to, turns out i cant go. pretty much like everything in my life.

cba

Smash Master
i Hope Everyone Gets To Have A Hell Of A Good Time In The weekly Monthly!!!!!

magenta attracts attention

D1

Banned via Administration
Shield Canceling is basically L canceling.

Why call it shield canceling? This isn't new to Smash.

Btw after watchin Eli's vid...I might wanna start playin w/ L canceling.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
Wow that store was hella packed. I forgot who it was that I was partnering with, but I had to boogie at the time. Had to be at my aunts house before 6. Maybe next time I'll be able to get that 1v1 friendly with snakeee's zss. ;-; I need to check and see where my zss stands against your's. At least people were feeling my awesomely rusty zss and oli. xD

HoodSquirrel~

Top Bottom