• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plz Critique My Falcon

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hello Guys. Just wondering if you masters out there could teach me a few things. I did post before and had videos uploaded to smashboards a few weeks ago but i think I have gotten better. My Cf versus my bro's marth. He actually does the ken combo and recovery and annoying stuff like that so its challenging at times. Anyways please rate my falcon again. I have gotten somewhat better I think. Lol I was complaining about how hard it is to shuffle the nairs but i do it easily now! Uairs.. ugh not so much. anyways just rate him. please. This time they are just 2 sets and are shorter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckSpFcMsah0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfEXBZDbCE

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Not bad. Just keep playing is really all you can do with Falcon. Watch Scar, Darkrain, Silentspecter vids as often as you can and keep playing.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I realized in that most recent vid a couple critiques even a still somewhat nooby(IMO) Falcon can help you out with.

Within the first 30 seconds of the video, I noticed you rolled an awful lot. It's good to roll once in awhile(for example, when you're right next to Marth and he's using utilt constantly) but not so much especially when you're doing it to get away. Just simply run/dash dance away, you're Falcon and you're faster than he is lol. At :37ish, you just short hop bair'd then ran off, had you fast falled it, you could've continued attacking, I'm sure another bair would've landed. Also, I saw at about :40 that you kind of went in with a rather bad approach along the lines of double hop dair, and I don't even think the dair's hitbox came out. First off, rarely ever approach Marth with a double hopped anything, you'll be hurting soon after if they are a bit competent. My advice would be to just full hop and use bair, especially because your back was facing him, dair is a badddd idea there. Second, work on making the aerials come out, and what I mean is the hitbox because it looked like you used dair too late. :56, oh boy xD. I do silly stuff like that a lot too, but I'm going to tell you right now, try to drop the habit of doing that even in friendlies until you get a lot better and are fully aware of what you are about to do and how you'll have to react in the high chance that you get punished. As often as you can, recover low as Falcon. At 1:09 you could've had a face full of dair spike had the Marth spaced it right whereas had you gone low either the Marth can screw up or at least you have a chance at a ledge tech. Sucks, but with Falcon's rather mediocre recovery, you gotta be smart with it. 1:31, I wouldn't even suggest going for the dair kill offstage ever mainly because it's just a meteor spike and that means it can be cancelled and then you're most likely put at a disadvantage, plus you ended up dying extremely early because of it. Just stand on the ledge and either utilt, edgeguard roll and punish Marth's up B lag with a bair(Isai bair I believe it's called, you'll find that somewhere in Scar's thread), or even dair while on the stage and force him to meteor cancel/ledge tech while you're still alive :p. 1:55, I know what you were thinking, I'd be pissed off too xD, that's very typical of me to do something that could be awesome yet end up landing and doing something ********.

That's about all I gathered from that match that I can think of, and nice little comeback towards the end ;). Hope this large block of text helped you out, I figured it's the least I can do because it looks like you want to improve and plus I don't see nearly enough help for people that post videos looking for critiques, including myself(lol).

EDIT: ALSO, from a majority of the videos I see that are related to this video I critiqued, I noticed almost all of them were on FD. If you're looking to get better, I'd suggest branching out to at least playing on all of the neutrals(Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, and ofc, FD) because in tourneys I guarentee you will be playing on all of these maps at least once, and it's best to get a good feel for all of them. Heck, maybe even play like best 2 out of 3 sets with your friends/brother and get used to the counterpicks as well. Always is helpful knowing the maps inside and out because that can be the sole decider for if you win or lose ;D

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
My bro learned picked up smash about 2 and half months ago and I bought a gamecube (lol for 40 bucks) in late Decemeber 2008. Anyways thanks man. I really love this game but i find it is really hard to get to pro level lol.

BTW any help on shuffling uairs.? I got the nair down pretty well I think.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I think using the c- stick for shffl'ed uairs is alot easier to do. I don't know if you already do that though...

orca of sea1

Smash Rookie
when you go to get your timing down on SHFFLing your uair go to training and slow it down alot to get a nice feel for it that's what i've been doing.

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
HOLY CRAP i had a bunch of critique for your first video and then i watch you freakin' break the game with triple nair -> knee in your latest video (though the DI wasn't all that great). My falcon is pretty lame so i've got pretty much nothing to say, except that you should not consider recovering "annoying stuff" like you said in your first post.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
thanks for the help.. Yeah i am getting better with uairs and i don't no when my next video will be up but it will blow this one out of the water. I might do a combo video soon as I am finding more people to pown, lol

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Ok so I have a reall ****ty moonwalk and I have tried endlessley to get a decent moonwalk in. Here is a video of me in training mode trying to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhGElLOKY0c
What am I doing wrong?:urg: I try doing a full 180 degrees turn but sometimes i just dash the other way. Keep in mind this tv has much lag if that affects anything. There is no option to enable progressive scan either. (stupid lg hd tv bull****)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If you're dashing the other way (dash dancing) you're allowing the joystick to pass through the center position. The key is to initiate your dash animation (snap left or right) and then do a half circle underneath the center position to the other side. This prevents your character from turning around but still adds backward momentum to your dash. You have to be pretty fast and it takes a lot of practice.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
i realize that and sometimes i do it through the center but many a time i am doing th right motion and if u notice int he video my guy just doesn't moonwalk that much. Occasionally he does VERY LITLE but its not enough for a useful moonwalk.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Then you probably just aren't doing it fast enough. Keep trying to increase your speed; accuracy will come with practice.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
i tried to learn the way that u are right now. but its better if u, starting on the left side, dash right then left again (essentially a short dash dance).then do a half circle downwards to the right. has to be fast though. The way your doing it(the dash forward to the half circle back) doesnt give u enough momentum to do a long enough moonwalk.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman

Strkr

Smash Rookie
First thing: get a better camera angle, i could barely actually watch your falcon. Second thing: I did see some moonwalking. Even though i couldn't quite tell. Just keep at it.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
umm so anyone? how do i use that momentum to gain the huge jumps that i c in zhus video and other pro falcons or am i moonwalking fully anyways?
that requires a full moonwalk. what u do is jump as ur moonwalking. The better the moonwalk the bigger the jump. just make sure ur doing ti fast and getting the control stick all the way in the direction ur moonwalking.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hmm. I have tried it a lot now but I keep getting the same amount in. Is there a certain trick you have to employ once you get to the point where I am?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
lol i keep trying but i am still at the same moonwalking distance. Is there a difference in the hd or sd properties of a tv that affect moonwalking distance. I am trying it on a standard hdtv.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Ok so one of my friends has a really good ice climber and can wobble with them sometimes. How do I stop them seeing as they are high tier and very annoying?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
quit dbl posting.

lrn2edit.

edit: actually only one of those dbl's was super close in time. =/ but still

Top Bottom