• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
It can help give us some priority on which costumes to work on first, yeah.
I'm not sure on influence of actual costumes though. We're pretty set on our decisions for most of the costumes.
It will for sure help give us ideas though.

For example, if we see multiple costumes that we plan to make on the list, we will make sure to get the most popular ones done first.
Alright, great. Thanks for sharing insight.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Just add Excalibur Sonic, Meowser, Vanguard Ike, Awakening Roy, Awakening Ike, and Awakening Roy and I'm Golden.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Just add Excalibur Sonic, Meowser, Vanguard Ike, Awakening Roy, Awakening Ike, and Awakening Marth and I'm Golden.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
So, since AniMewtwo has been represented by the armor, why not Mangewtwo (I try hard, okay)?
Mostly I'm talking having a spoon strapped to its back, but if that doesn't make it distinctive enough, it could have the dark purple and white color scheme of early artwork (as opposed to the normal costume's pink and off-white) or be black and white (mimicking how the manga's actually printed), and the gauze Blaine had on his arm because of their connection.

I think an N64 could work as a ROB head, but more amusingly, hands based off the controller. It could use that awesome Atomic Purple everything came in back then, and the Gyro could be colored like the logo.

I played through Chibi-Robo! recently, and I think a ROB based on the eponymous robot would be cool. Their heads, arms, and pillar-body are nicely analogous, and ROB's cord could have a plug at one end, plugged into himself. ROB's base, torso, and gyros could have designs based on th Chibi-House, Chibi-Doors, Chibi-Helpers, and Telly. There could also be another costume for Giga Robo.

Another major character in the game is the manly, dramatic, heroic, futuristic, bird-themed bounty hunter,

Space Hunter Drake Redcrest!!
He yells at you (usually his own name) every time you talk to him (it's actually his first rule of Justice), accompanied by an explosion of orange smoke and confetti behind him. As special GFX, the explosion could appear during the costume's entrance, taunts, win animations, secret taunt, and Up-B's explosion. There's also the notion of having the SFX that goes with it, and even making that pose one of the costume's win animations, if anyone really wants to put that much time into a relatively obscure costume. Partway through the game, he learns a super attack that hits an opponent with a giant chunk of ice, so that could be implemented by making the (if you haven't figured out yet who I'm suggeting you put Redcrest's outfit on) Falcon Punch icy and replacing the actual falcon with ice, but that may be going a bit overboard.

Dark Suit and Light Suit Samus could swap the fire/ice effects with light/dark effects, since that's basically what those beams were in Echoes.

Shin F.

Smash Master
So, since AniMewtwo has been represented by the armor, why not Mangewtwo (I try hard, okay)?
Mostly I'm talking having a spoon strapped to its back, but if that doesn't make it distinctive enough, it could have the dark purple and white color scheme of early artwork (as opposed to the normal costume's pink and off-white) or be black and white (mimicking how the manga's actually printed), and the gauze Blaine had on his arm because of their connection.

I think an N64 could work as a ROB head, but more amusingly, hands based off the controller. It could use that awesome Atomic Purple everything came in back then, and the Gyro could be colored like the logo.

I played through Chibi-Robo! recently, and I think a ROB based on the eponymous robot would be cool. Their heads, arms, and pillar-body are nicely analogous, and ROB's cord could have a plug at one end, plugged into himself. ROB's base, torso, and gyros could have designs based on th Chibi-House, Chibi-Doors, Chibi-Helpers, and Telly. There could also be another costume for Giga Robo.

Another major character in the game is the manly, dramatic, heroic, futuristic, bird-themed bounty hunter,

Space Hunter Drake Redcrest!!
He yells at you (usually his own name) every time you talk to him (it's actually his first rule of Justice), accompanied by an explosion of orange smoke and confetti behind him. As special GFX, the explosion could appear during the costume's entrance, taunts, win animations, secret taunt, and Up-B's explosion. There's also the notion of having the SFX that goes with it, and even making that pose one of the costume's win animations, if anyone really wants to put that much time into a relatively obscure costume. Partway through the game, he learns a super attack that hits an opponent with a giant chunk of ice, so that could be implemented by making the (if you haven't figured out yet who I'm suggeting you put Redcrest's outfit on) Falcon Punch icy and replacing the actual falcon with ice, but that may be going a bit overboard.

Dark Suit and Light Suit Samus could swap the fire/ice effects with light/dark effects, since that's basically what those beams were in Echoes.
You know, it's funny - when you said manly, dramatic, heroic, futuristic, bird-themed bounty hunter, I thought you were going to come up with someone as a Samus alt XD Since she's, well, a manly, dramatic, heroic, futuristic, bird-raised bounty hunter, lol.

He might be good, but it doesn't really follow the rules for alt costumes. I think Chibi-Robo could actually make a decent Clone Engine character.

Also, I LOVE the idea of adding light and dark effects to the Light Suit and Dark Suit. The Fire effects, I think, could become Dark effects and the Ice Beam could become Light effects, to reflect the speed of the beams in the game (since, iirc, the Light Beam travels much faster than the Dark Beam). Or, it could work the other way around as well, since the Light Beam acts like the Plasma Beam and the Dark Beam traps things like the Ice Beam in-game. I dunno, it'd be awesome either way :D

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I really would like to see an Awakening styled Marth wearing Lucinia's mask....
Am I the only one here who would like to have some Mario characters recolors based on power ups?
Like an Ice Flower or Flying themed Doctor Mario (or have ice flower mario replace jumpman mario).
I'd also like Wario's Luigi and Mario based outfits based on some power ups. Flying Mario would be perfect for red wario.
But, I'm still waiting for doctor luigi. xD

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
I really would like to see an Awakening styled Marth wearing Lucinia's mask....
Am I the only one here who would like to have some Mario characters recolors based on power ups?
Like an Ice Flower or Flying themed Doctor Mario (or have ice flower mario replace jumpman mario).
I'd also like Wario's Luigi and Mario based outfits based on some power ups. Flying Mario would be perfect for red wario.
But, I'm still waiting for doctor luigi. xD
dr. luigi would be nice

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
He better have the original SSB Cartridge in the cartridge slot.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
or maybe a raichu alternate costume, period.
I agree. Raichu is top priority. I think evolutions, shinies, shadow forms, mewtwo clone forms, and similar pokemon should be prioritized. They did a really good job on Charizard: shiny black, salamance blue, aerodactyl gray... great choice. Personally, I'd prefer mega forms on it, but they can't do that. I don't like how pikachu and jigglypuff are just all the fing same but with slightly different colored hats.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
I agree. Raichu is top priority. I think evolutions, shinies, shadow forms, mewtwo clone forms, and similar pokemon should be prioritized. They did a really good job on Charizard: shiny black, salamance blue, aerodactyl gray... great choice. Personally, I'd prefer mega forms on it, but they can't do that. I don't like how pikachu and jigglypuff are just all the fing same but with slightly different colored hats.
i think pikachu and jigglypuff need color work like crazy. kinda like lucario's colors

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I want to believe
Honesty until Bangarang started playing and after it, I was pretty interested in the game itself. If they play their cards right, who knows it might be good or decent.

On topic, dat Sonic scarf. Do want.

Kuroda

Smash Rookie
I am new to the forums, Love this project! I'm sure someone has mentioned this before, I would like to see young link as an alternate costume for link, just like in OOT where u can switch between young and adult link.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The problem is Young Link is a different size compared to Link. Not even REMOTELY feasible. And neither is Young Link on top of Toon Link.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Are we still going to create a new alt. costume voting thread, as discussed earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom