• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I don't think its neccesary for the sounds. It will be a bigger project for something somewhat medium. Side question: how did the pmbr team meet? I was always curious to know.
Unless I'm mistaken a lot of them worked on Brawl+, a balance mod that came before PM. Then they built from there. I mean, they met through the Smash Community. (Boards, tourneys, etc.)

This question shouldn't be here tho. I'd private message a PMBR member.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Last edited:

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
That actually could be pretty good.

Incidentally, guys, there is a Yarn Kirby that was made back when Kirby's Epic Yarn was first announced that's not bad.
I remember this, but wouldn't it look funny with the character hats? I don't think they can also be yarn.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I remember this, but wouldn't it look funny with the character hats? I don't think they can also be yarn.
I honestly didn't think it would matter what the hats look like as long as his shape doesn't interfere with them. I mean, there's the ones like Mewtwo that always change for the costume, but those are made individually anyways.

Last edited:

Tero.

Smash Champion
Can we add Akuma Fighting Gi Lucario to the list?

It's basically the grey fighting gi that was already shown but with red lucario, prayer beads (pokeballs!) around his neck instead of the headband, a rope belt and akuma like shoes

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

It's basically the grey fighting gi that was already shown but with red lucario, prayer beads (pokeballs!) around his neck instead of the headband, a rope belt and akuma like shoes
There's already a dark grey Alt color for Fighting Gi Lucario.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

I like that pearl-Pokeball idea. But, the PMBR already confirmed a dark recolor. This sort of request is something that would gain more leverage on KittyCorp.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Lucario isn't based off Ryu, or anyone outside smash.

It just happened to look similar due to the hold items that were implemented.

So no, we won't intentionally reference Akuma.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I was thinking about costumes ideas for Roy. My personal favourite is his Awakening design (or something inspired by it) as unlike characters like Marth and Ike, Roy doesn't get any changes aesthetically upon promotion (nor does he have any other changes to his attire), so you can't really base anything off of that. Which is probably why I like his Awakening design so much -- canon or not, it's a cool change.

I'm sure his Awakening design has been suggested many times. Hmm, I just can't really think of anything else that doesn't pull inspiration from other characters/not outside of Roy atm (not that I have a problem with it). Unless you want to look at his prototype design:

You can view an early FE6 trailer here.

Not only does the design have some bling, but Roy's hair looks a lot puffier and he does look more younger. Don't know if this has been suggested before, but Beta Roy would be interesting to see if possible. We do have Beta Meta Knight, and tbh it would be cool to see more characters get alts based on their early artworks. Thoughts?

Oh, I forgot about shota Roy.

jk, jk. =P

For a costume inspired by other characters (AKA Roy cosplaying, I mean, who doesn't like to cosplay?), I wouldn't mind seeing:

Narcian/Narshen:

That main character dude from the FE6 manga:

And Eliwood I guess... but Ninian tho LOL

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I was thinking about costumes ideas for Roy.
Hmm, I just can't really think of anything else that doesn't pull inspiration from other characters/not outside of Roy atm (not that I have a problem with it). Unless you want to look at his prototype design:

You can view an early FE6 trailer here.

Not only does the design have some bling, but Roy's hair looks a lot puffier and he does look more younger. Don't know if this has been suggested before, but Beta Roy would be interesting to see if possible. We do have Beta Meta Knight, and tbh it would be cool to see more characters get alts based on their early artworks. Thoughts?

Oh, I forgot about shota Roy.

jk, jk. =P

For a costume inspired by other characters (AKA Roy cosplaying, I mean, who doesn't like to cosplay?), I wouldn't mind seeing:

Narcian/Narshen:

That main character dude from the FE6 manga:

LOL

I'm all for Beta Roy, and the manga dude.
EDIT: Just learned that his name is Al. What a classy name.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm still all for dressing Roy like Anna... I mean, you can't get more Fe stapley than Anna!

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Sir, Malion is talking about cross-dress cosplays again.
I should completely switch to making these now. Now I know what people really want. /s

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm all for Beta Roy, and the manga dude.
EDIT: Just learned that his name is Al. What a classy name.
Yeah, I forgot the guy's name for a second lol. and I've read the manga too >.>

I'm starting to like Beta Roy more just because I'd love to see more Beta costumes.

Sorry to change the topic, but after seeing the awesome Shinobi Squirtle and Fighting Gi Lucario, I was coming up with ideas for Pikachu. Raichu's one of my fave Pokemon, however, that's not going to happen (unless, maybe Pika's wearing a Raichu hoodie/recolour or something?), but I remembered that Lt. Surge is known for his Raichu (well, he does have a Pikachu, but still, I do more associate him with Raichu). It got me thinking that maybe Pika can sport a military motif? Something like an army helmet, a small camo jacket similar to Surge, and maybe having the ability to wear some shades (as Surge has some).

Maybe even have a belt with mini binoculars attached, as seen being hold by his Raichu in the TCG:

So... Pika cosplaying as Lt. Surge!? Lol, I think a military Pikachu would be pretty badass either way. Or, if you want to base a costume off of trainer classes, there's some that specialize in electric Pokemon like the Guitarist and Engineer:

Although it would be cool to see a Light Ball included somehow.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Pikachu in a LT. Surge outfit is amazing.
Best idea ever, hope it's not too late.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
idk if this has been suggested but what about a chrom outfit for marth? he is his descendant after all.

Malion

Smash Ace
To be fair, Anna's costume really isn't that feminine. It's not like some of the other costumes Malion has suggested before.

Shudders in the memory of them
What did I even suggest that was so bad?
Diddy Kong wearing tiny Kong's overalls and beanie? The ballerina Mario was an obvious joke.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
What did I even suggest that was so bad?
Diddy Kong wearing tiny Kong's overalls and beanie? The ballerina Mario was an obvious joke.
I was referencing the ballerina Mario, which as you said, was just a joke.

However, my aforementioned post was also, just a joke.

Sorry if I rustled your jimmies, not intended.

Malion

Smash Ace
Sorry didn't mean to get rustled.
These sort of responses are a bit too common in most circles from my experience so seeing people deride my suggestions and then get a lot of likes for those derisions is pretty disheartening.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
These sort of responses are a bit too common in most circles from my experience so seeing people deride my suggestions and then get a lot of likes for those derisions is pretty disheartening.
It's okay.
Here's a picture of a cute corgi to make you feel better

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
To be fair, those characters aren't known to be cross-dressers, so it'd be very out of character.
Remember that one guy who was upset with Armored Ike? It'd be like that but in reverse. One supportive voice and salt everywhere.
Not good for business.
I'm not even against them, I just know how it'd go.

Malion

Smash Ace
To be fair, those characters aren't known to be cross-dressers, so it'd be very out of character.
Remember that one guy who was upset with Armored Ike? It'd be like that but in reverse. One supportive voice and salt everywhere.
Not good for business.
I'm not even against them, I just know how it'd go.
I just don't see how it's any different than Captain Falcon dressed like Jody Summers or Diddy dressed like Dixie Kong. But that's just me.

On the same note I did a quick (not great but whatever) mock-up of Roy in an outfit based on Anna's outfit.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I just don't see how it's any different than Captain Falcon dressed like Jody Summers or Diddy dressed like Dixie Kong. But that's just me.

On the same note I did a quick (not great but whatever) mock-up of Roy in an outfit based on Anna's outfit.

I mean, I still think in comparison to other possibilities this isn't something I support.

But if he doesn't have her High Heels, I guess I could tolerate it.

Malion

Smash Ace
I mean, I still think in comparison to other possibilities this isn't something I support.

But if he doesn't have her High Heels, I guess I could tolerate it.
lol I left out the high heels on purpose. Just like I altered the chest area to remove the cleavage window.
Heels wouldn't work anyway I wouldn't think... that would mess with his height unless his legs were shortened.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
lol I left out the high heels on purpose. Just like I altered the chest area to remove the cleavage window.
Heels wouldn't work anyway I wouldn't think... that would mess with his height unless his legs were shortened.
Yeah, I thought you were thinking full on Drag Queen Roy.

:roymelee: Scoot over boys mama's late for her mani-pedi.

Malion

Smash Ace
Yeah, I thought you were thinking full on Drag Queen Roy.

:roymelee: Scoot over boys mama's late for her mani-pedi.
Haha nothing too over the top! I mean I wouldn't be opposed to a Pink colourscheme or something like Captain Falcon, Luigi or Diddy Kong have but I wasn't proposing to put him in a dress or anything.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
"Crossdressing Costume Thread - Brassy Dedede Revealed!"
I kinda like the the Anna's outfit, but I mostly agree with Psykid in that there are other outfits I'd much rather see. But it's not like I'd but too upset if it got into the game and one of my faves didn't.

EDIT: Also, is the OP gonna be updated to say PMDT instead of PMBR, or does that not really matter?
Just wondering.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
Never said I liked those
I will support a pink color for characters tho
It's not about liking. It's about referencing other characters. Which is what I was going for. Either through recolours or through an outfit change.

Like here...

I know this might be dismissed immediately but I also recall people saying Marcia from FE10 would be a good alt for Roy, and she does look pretty similar to him. right down to the shoulder pads and headband. So I figured I'd combine the two and see how they looked.

I don't know about you but I kind of like it. It would at the very least be a cool recolour for Roy.

marcia for reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom