• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Spire

III
BRoomer
your weren't here when this was requested by SpireIII

And plus, I can't work with unknown, I just can't (as in it's to hard for me to use unknown, ive tried it before:()
I seem to remember requesting that... what was it? A Rock-type Breloom?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You mean the Archive.

It was a Rock-type Breloom/Primape fusion.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
You know, I used to think spriting was kinda weird and/silly...But after taking a look at a lot of the sprites you guys have done, I've come to not only think they're really cool, but also appreciate the work you guys put in. Good job to everyone.

I'm very very interested in a custom sprite, however I'd like to have it fine tuned EXACTLY to my likings, and I think this thread doesn't really serve that purpose? I'd feel more comfortable working one on one with someone if they're interested in helping me out. If anyone wants to help me make a really cool sprite to my liking, PM me. I'd appreciate it a lot. :)

I cant help it if I think your funny when your mad
You know, I used to think spriting was kinda weird and/silly...But after taking a look at a lot of the sprites you guys have done, I've come to not only think they're really cool, but also appreciate the work you guys put in. Good job to everyone.

I'm very very interested in a custom sprite, however I'd like to have it fine tuned EXACTLY to my likings, and I think this thread doesn't really serve that purpose? I'd feel more comfortable working one on one with someone if they're interested in helping me out. If anyone wants to help me make a really cool sprite to my liking, PM me. I'd appreciate it a lot. :)
WOAH, you guys are cool now! You got a MOD to appreciate your work! Great Job everyone!

-KOTH (Peacemaker)

M.K

Level 55

I'm glad you've taken a liking to our sprites! We put alot of time and effort into spriting, so it's always appreciated when our work is honored!

Each of us has our unique way of doing things, maybe you could specify some key qualities that you want in this sprite? For example, Mewter makes amazing things from scratch, meaning he doesn't use pre-made sprites, but starts on a blank canvas!

This was actually pretty unecessary. I thought I'd give a compliment and let them know that their quality work changed my opinion of spriting. That's something I would be proud of.
I was complimenting them myself. I thought that they deserved some cheerfulness from one of their biggest fans. I'm sorry if that made you angry in any way.

-KOTH (Peacemaker)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think it was just that you came across as being sarcastic there, Koth.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
So, who wants to take on a project?

In lieu of my recent love for spriting, I am looking for a tutorial so new members can read them. Can you guys recommend any? Can some of you more experienced spriters write one?

M.K

Level 55

In lieu of my recent love for spriting, I am looking for a tutorial so new members can read them. Can you guys recommend any? Can some of you more experienced spriters write one?
I'd love to write a tutorial! However, there are many, many different "types" of spriting.
As a replacement, these are some GREAT tutorials that taught me how to sprite:

http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx

That guide includes:

-Recoloring
-Fusions
-Pixel-Overs
-Re/Devamps
-Scratch Spriting
-Basic Spriting Mechanics

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yes, that tutorial is excellent.

Niiro, I finished the Weavile/Gallade fusion.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Jesiah, if you want any pointers on specifics or any types of spriting strategies, PM me. I'll gladly assist you by creating personalized tutorials :)

Mewter

Smash Master
Yes, that tutorial is excellent.

Niiro, I finished the Weavile/Gallade fusion.

That's a nice fusion, Firus. I love how you blended the two so well(especially the head, using Weaville's head as a helmet)
Also, happy Easter everyone!

M.K

Level 55
I agree, Firus, it looks amazing!

Introducing: Bronzurtle!

Heh, a little overkill with the Bronzor? Nahhhhh..... ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks, everyone.

MK, that looks really cool. I don't think you went overboard with the Bronzor, because you can still clearly see the Squirtle, and it blends well.

LordoftheMorning, I finished Dragonair/Seviper.

I used Seviper's shiny colors because I really love them.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Bronzurtle and Dragonair/Seviper look great! I've probably said it before MK, but I love the glow you put around your sprites. Sevair (that's what I'm calling it) looks especially good with the shiny colours, great job on that Firus. Same with the Weavile/Gallade fusion on the page before this one, they really go good together.

Oh, and I'm not sure if Umbreon's Umbreon request was for anyone that wanted to try or specifically CPS members...because I would really like to try making that. Can someone please tell me what it is?

M.K

Level 55
Umbreon, I have completed your request:

Introducing: Umbreon's Umbreon!

I tried to make it look like the same pose it does in Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness when it starts to attack. It is slightly larger than a normal sprite, but Umbreon is a very small target to work with. ^^ I hope you like it!

Mewter

Smash Master
Bronzurtle and Dragonair/Seviper look great! I've probably said it before MK, but I love the glow you put around your sprites. Sevair (that's what I'm calling it) looks especially good with the shiny colours, great job on that Firus. Same with the Weavile/Gallade fusion on the page before this one, they really go good together.

Oh, and I'm not sure if Umbreon's Umbreon request was for anyone that wanted to try or specifically CPS members...because I would really like to try making that. Can someone please tell me what it is?
He wants a cool Umbreon sprite, since the newer ones portray it as a tiny kitten that fell into a box of soot using a generic pose.
Also, I like the Sevair(yes, it caught on) the most out of of the newest sprites, but the rest are good too. ;))
MK, may I recommend more shading?

I tried to make it look like the same pose it does in Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness when it starts to attack. It is slightly larger than a normal sprite, but Umbreon is a very small target to work with. ^^ I hope you like it!
If you put that pokemon in a cave and it had its head peeking out, it would be perfect!

-KOTH

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I agree, Firus, it looks amazing!

Introducing: Bronzurtle!

Heh, a little overkill with the Bronzor? Nahhhhh..... ;)
it would look better without your glowing thing that you put on your sprites:)

Thanks, everyone.

MK, that looks really cool. I don't think you went overboard with the Bronzor, because you can still clearly see the Squirtle, and it blends well.

I like the colors but I don't really like it:ohwell:

Very interesting, the right ear looks like an extra leg:laugh: I like it allot for a scratch:bee:

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Thanks, everyone.

Idk guys, I think it looks pretty sick. The face/head area looks a tiny bit rough for some reason, but it's one of my more favorite sprites for sure :)

EDIT: Can I request moar or are you guys too swamped?

Top Bottom