• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Moozle

Smash Champion
I know you're very bust roacherman, but if you're looking for suggestions when you're done with the others...

Stantler + Ninetails

Tentacruel + Articuno

Venusaur + Pidgeot

Mewter

Smash Master
I know roacherman is very bust, but maybe you'd like to make a Ninetales/Poliwhirl?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Not sure how bust you guys are but I'd like to see a Slowbro/Mew fusion, no hurry though.

Edit: Haven't seen a devamp in a little while to here's one I prepared earlier:

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
First, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD0FF37_XEk

Originally, I was to quote this whole thing nearly word to word (complete with emotions), making it similar to a play. However, due to laziness and not getting access to a computer for the rest of the day, I will have to go do some lazy paragraphs for this.

SANTAI-YO

This plays out like an assist trophy. However, Santa will not appear, but rather pumpkin-head there in the background of that picture will. He will be in utter shock and scream, causing that girl in the background of that picture to appear. Once she sees the player who opened Pumpkin-head, She will scream "SANTA!!!!!!!" giving some knockback and 5% damage. Then, that player will become muscular and wear a santa suit (because that girl can do that because she is GOD), similar to the one in... you know.

Santa will run away from girl and PH (because he ain't no mall santa), so the player has no control over his/herself. Meanwhile, two other girls (Green Hair and Sexy McFlatchest) will appear abotu 5 seconds after the chase. The former will punch Santa with 15% damage and good knockback, while the other will force Santa to indulce in that rope fetish thing and tie him up with strings. After Girl, Green Hair, PH, and Sexy McFlatchest talk a bit about how they captured Santa, the player has all the time to escape (by spamming A) and turn back into his/her normal self.

Sucks huh? Well I only had one hourand I'm slow at typing, so what did you expect? Cortex and Tiny (man I'm old fashioned)...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not sure how bust you guys are but I'd like to see a Slowbro/Mew fusion, no hurry though.

Edit: Haven't seen a devamp in a little while to here's one I prepared earlier:
Really nicely done, but maybe you should try shrinking the size of the sprite, y'know like the old-school sprites were smaller.

-Terywj

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I would if that wasn't such a pain to do, on my phone now chilling with John Steinbeck if you catch my drift, so if I do decide for it to be smaller, it won't be today :)

Edit: i'm also unhappy with his hands.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Someone teach me how to make a devamp?

Also, Moozle's requests will be done tomorrow. I'm taking my day off since I just went to a friends :)

But it will get done nonetheless.

Also Moozle, you seriously want me to take the hard requests right XD

Moozle

Smash Champion
Heehee yeah I thought hard about those ones.

Make sure you do kitsuneko345's request and the other ones you missed before, though. I don't want to be selfish and hoard your talent to myself :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Then I'll try to get them tomorrow, but again this is my day off.

I need a break after a hard day of partying and playing CoD with mah buddeh

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Making devamps is pretty easy.

You just have to remember that you're not just recoloring the sprite, you're making it a devamp. Meaning you have to add dithering, (those dots etc. that gen 1-2 use a ton to make colors fade out) as well as the weird outlines that older sprites have.

If you're devamping newer sprites (3-4 gen), you obviously can't just take colors from pre-existing sprites of that Pokemon, you have to take colors from other Pokemon with near identical color schemes.

Other then that, just look at older sprites and compare them to the newer ones. Differences are easy to notice then.

>

although this one probably has too many white dots on the outline. Oh wellll.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
hi people, i know i havent sprited here in a while, just sayin i havent left for good, its just ive been incredibly busy, what with all these mucking school projects >.>
Expect me back and actively spriting soon :)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hey Roacherman, throw one of your requests my way and I'll give it a go, maybe take the strain off for you a little.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've got two things (sort of) to show from tonight.

First of all, here's a Maylene repose I did. Nothing fancy, literally just some quick part swapping and such between two of her frames.

The reason I did the repose in the first place was in order to make a trainer of Faith Connors, the protagonist of Mirror's Edge. I realized that Maylene and her are actually quite similar and decided to edit Maylene to make Faith. Of course, Maylene and Faith are not nearly as identical as I initially thought, and the sprite took more work than I thought it would, but here it is:

(For those who are not familiar with Faith, here is some concept art of her.)

I recently got back into Mirror's Edge and finally got the DLC for it, so I felt inspired to make a Faith sprite -- a concept which I believe I considered before and never followed through with. It really is quite an innovative game amongst the many games nowadays which are all the same, so I'd highly recommend it -- however, most people I know don't seem to like it even half as much as I do, so you may not like it quite so much, but it costs less than $20 for 360/PS3 so it isn't a large investment.

I was going to make a runner bag item to go along with it, but it took so long to finish Faith that I'll leave that for another point in time.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I love the sprites Firus. Especially the bottom one, I checked out the link and you've captured it really really well.

Also:

Dear Venusaur and Pidgeotto fans,

I am sorry if I have ruined these two pokemon for you forever but...

Pidgeosaur!

... I think I might have butchered this one.. but I hope whoever made the original request likes it..

Edit: I felt bad coz the guy who requested this was a few pages back so I did the Xatu/Bronzong one too. (plus the concept is kinda cool, though didnt spend much time doing it sorry :/)

Xazong!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

Pidgeosaur!

I love this.
Just fix the shading on the wings and it'd look pretty **** good.

I think this was a request earlier.
I tried to change Staraptors head to be more like Swellow, but I can't scratch worth ****. So there you have it.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

I love this.
Just fix the shading on the wings and it'd look pretty **** good.

I think this was a request earlier.
I tried to change Staraptors head to be more like Swellow, but I can't scratch worth ****. So there you have it.
Hey thanks for the critique but which wing?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Light generally comes from the top-left corner, so I think it's mostly the front-ish wing. I can't exactly tell how he's positioned.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hmmm ok, I'll have a look, but the shading I just left the same from Pidgeotto's wing, but yeah, I'll fiddle later on it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I love the sprites Firus. Especially the bottom one, I checked out the link and you've captured it really really well.
Thank you!

Pidgeosaur!

... I think I might have butchered this one.. but I hope whoever made the original request likes it..
I really don't know how else you could've handled this one, I admire the fact that you were able to tackle it at all, and personally I think you did pretty well. Don't be so down on yourself. :)

Edit: I felt bad coz the guy who requested this was a few pages back so I did the Xatu/Bronzong one too. (plus the concept is kinda cool, though didnt spend much time doing it sorry :/)

Xazong!
Pretty cool. The "feet" do look a little awkward, but I think that was an interesting way to portray its bottom instead of just plainly using Bronzong's base.

I recognize the Mirror's Edge character! I think you did a really nice job with both the repose and the Faith sprite, Firus.

-Terywj
Thank you! I was hoping someone would recognize her.

I feel like the hair should be more pointy.
That was actually a literal copy-paste job, as I was only going for a template to use for Faith, so that's Game Freak's hair problem. =P

Haha, thanks.

I have a new sprite to present, as per Greenstreet's request (I think it was a serious request, but correct me if it was a joke -- either way it was an idea) -- Slowbro/Mew.

I just want to say right off the bat that I did the best that I could but I am not happy with this at all. It was okay up until the tail came into play, at which point it all went to hell. Slowbro's Shellder is nigh impossible to draw well, at least for me, so I did the best that I could.

As usual, fully scratched off of the base, something which I'm regretting in this case.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
...Other stuff...

I have a new sprite to present, as per Greenstreet's request (I think it was a serious request, but correct me if it was a joke -- either way it was an idea) -- Slowbro/Mew.

I just want to say right off the bat that I did the best that I could but I am not happy with this at all. It was okay up until the tail came into play, at which point it all went to hell. Slowbro's Shellder is nigh impossible to draw well, at least for me, so I did the best that I could.

As usual, fully scratched off of the base, something which I'm regretting in this case.

Wasn't sure whether anyone would take it on, but they are two of my faves, so I thought I'd throw it out there (knowing it would be fairly difficult), and I'm glad it was taken too.

Scratching everything? That's impressive. The more I look at it now, the more I like it. I can imagine how hard the tail was, especially on a skinny tail like mews.
Overall I think it's awesome, and since I made the request, only my opinion matters.

Thanks Firus.

P.S. Yeah I didn't really put much though/time into Xazong, so yeah... having said that, I think the two pokemon could be excellent together with a little more effort, Xatu's body is perfect for the bronzong bell shape/whatever. If anyone wants to redo him, be my quest :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nyeh I wish i could've done some of these, but I've been busy for the past couple of days...

:'(
You can still do any of them if you'd like. Some of the most interesting cases of spriting are when people have had two different takes on the same request -- in fact, the first request ever completed in The Custom Pokémon Shop was done by both Spire and me (we hadn't worked out the "claimed" system quite yet) and we both did it differently.

There's still a small stockpile of unfulfilled requests, though, which I intend to work on a little.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as

Xazong!
Very nice... I think the feet you used in there was, as everyone else says, awkward... I think you confused with a Metang or Metagross somewhere. Still, like nough to be my new avatar!

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yeah i didnt see them as feet... more brozong arms, because this guy would float so yeah i can imagine why theyd look awkward...

EDIT: REQUEST - I request someone attempt to make the new starters into sprites.. :D

EDIT: Tried the grass starter myself, probably the hardest of them all, in addition to this I'm not the greatest spriter around town
(but o well, haters gonna hate)
I know the colours aren't right but pretend it's the shiny. :D

Tacel

Smash Lord
I tried to make a Mijumaru sprite.

How is it?

EDIT: That's really, really good, Greenstreet!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I like both of those starters guys, good job! If people are looking for stuff to sprite, I still would like to see Stantler + Ninetails and Tentacruel + Articuno

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
By obligation I guess Pokabu is mine right?

Yay piggy

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to get this guy or Tsutaaja.

Pig or Lizard... hmmmmm....

Anyways, I quite like it. Ima go avi it

Tacel

Smash Lord
Or an otter.
When I showed my brother the starters, he said that be bets that Pokabu will evolve into a giant boar. I agree.
Epic much?
So it's more like boar, dragon, or big otter.

I still would like to see Stantler + Ninetails and Tentacruel + Articuno
I'll do Stantler + Ninetails soon and maybe Tentacruel + Articuno.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
By obligation I guess Pokabu is mine right?

Yay piggy

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to get this guy or Tsutaaja.

Anyways, I quite like it. Ima go avi it
Hey roach, your pic isn't showing up! I'm real keen to see it.

Looks real cute TAL, made him better in my eyes (wasn't a fan at the start)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Mine is actually in my avi then...

It's not the best revamp really so don't expect too much

Actually I don't think it's actually a true sprite, I just made it to have it

Anyways, I'm working on what hopefully is a much better sprite than this.

Very hard as well :p

EDIT: So I'm done and after scratching and erasing and scratching and erasing, I'm done.

I tried to make a the demon fox from Naruto after I heard someone talking about it and while I was looking at Pokemon's nintales.

I think I did pretty good with the colors and what not. Also I'm aware that it has an orange color, but there are also images with this color scheme which I ended up using. Hopefully it came out alright:

I made one with the hair on its head:

And one without it:

Choose which one you like best and critique please.

Tacel

Smash Lord

I wanted to revamp Ninetails sprite from Yellow, but i realized that I'm not good at revamping so I made Ninetails Revamped but without black lines.

Top Bottom