• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Tacel

Smash Lord
You got the 11000th post in Pocket Monsters Inc.

And it's okay if you don't want to do it.

-Terywj
Really? It says that it was the 10,953rd post for me. I don't know what to do with it, though.
I think that there is something wrong with me or my computer.

Alright, here it is.
Yellow:

Revamped (HG/SS):

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Really? It says that it was the 10,953rd post for me. I don't know what to do with it, though.
I think that there is something wrong with me or my computer.

Alright, here it is.
Yellow:

Revamped (HG/SS):
Well there's a bunch of deleted posts, which is why the pages in the thread stretch on even though you can't view them.

Anyways, nice work with the Blastoise! I thought you said it might not turn up well! :p

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
No, the pages in the thread stretch on for 3 extra pages because the excess memory taken by the thread is best converted to phantom pages.
Something like that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I dunno if this would or the B/W would be the right place for this, but I have a request.

All I want is for someone to post the official Tsutaaja sprite up. I try from Serebii, but those idiots put up one of them protection things that don't allow for selecting and copying.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I dunno if this would or the B/W would be the right place for this, but I have a request.

All I want is for someone to post the official Tsutaaja sprite up. I try from Serebii, but those idiots put up one of them protection things that don't allow for selecting and copying.
Use Firefox.

Or use Printscreen.

Either way, the sprites on Serebii are still crappy quality, because the screenshots were apparently .jpegs. I've been working on flattening the colors of all of the sprites, I'll post 'em up when I'm done.

EDIT:

Done with the starters and the Zorua evolution line.

I've officially decided that JPEGs should be abolished. The quality loss is terrible, blurring everything together to the extent that I'm not sure how well I flattened the colors at all. What looks like an anomaly in the colors might have been shading, and vice versa. The sprites don't look terribad or anything, and I tried to stick by the concept art when I could, so I think they came out pretty well. We'll have to compare them to the official, non-JPEGs when the games come out.

Zorua and Zoruark were, for some reason, much better quality. There were a couple anomalies here and there, which I smoothed over, but they were nearly perfect.

I also ripped these all from the screenshots before I realized Serebii ripped them and put them on the new Pokémon page. Fun stuff.

In any case, feel free to use all of these as a resource for anything -- consider them to be like the official sprites until the official ones actually come out.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Presenting Tangorark (Tangela/Zoroark)!

I did a random Pokémon generator to try and think of something to fuse with one of the currently available 5th gen Pokémon, until I got Tangela and thought of how cool a tentacled Zoroark could be.

I ended up using the palette from Tangela's shiny sprite since the standard palette didn't fit as well with the fusion as I would've liked.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm going to be playing in a Pokémon RPG (background: Pokémon are revolting). Here is part of my profile thing:
Physical Appearance: Dave is 5' 7" tall. Modestly muscular, but nothing to brag about. He has long, predominately straight hair, and dark brown eyes. He developed callused hands and rough skin around his knees and elbows from his former career.
Resistance Movement Strengths and Skills: As with all Pokémon Rangers, Dave has a great amount of experience with the outdoors. His personal penchant for knowledge led him to consume many textbooks, and many of his friends consider him to be on par with a Pokémon Professor.
Weaknesses: Dave has always had difficulty battling. He has trouble making snap decisions, and often needs to plan out battles in advance.
Pokémon (if any): Dave has had trouble connecting with his Pokémon in the past, but has managed to stay close to his very first Pokémon, a gift from his father: Shirley, the Togekiss. *snip* Shirley is a very energetic but timid Pokémon *snip*
~Request~
A trainer sprite with Dave and Shirley. No preference on clothes or pose. Preferably no text. No larger than 145 x 145 pixels.

Thanks in advance!

Quoting from other forums is kind of funny

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I think a lot of the spriters are distracted by the new PSC prompt. Give it a couple days.. or I may do it, not sure if I will enter this round..

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I understand that they're busy/distracted. I'm just surprised that it hasn't been completed since I originally requested it near the beginning of March.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I understand that they're busy/distracted. I'm just surprised that it hasn't been completed since I originally requested it near the beginning of March.
As it says in the OP:

...since this is not a formal shop anymore, whether or not your request gets completed is determined by whether or not someone decides to do it.
Most requests ARE fulfilled, but it's a combination of no one wanting to do it and it getting buried in the thread.
Of course, that's going to change (to an extent) very soon.
I don't intend to enter PSC 2 as I don't enjoy reposes very much at all, so I should be somewhat free to complete requests, depending on how much I feel up to it, although I started a sprite of a certain glimmerous fop last night and would like to finish it sometime soon.

Mewter

Smash Master
????????????????????

????? ?????? ? ?????

Commentary:
What does it mean? Oooooo.
Stay tuned until Pokemon Saturday for more information!

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I have...
charmander in a snorlax suit with a slowbro tail, a :mad: logo starmie shield, a blastoise cannon with muk oozing from the suit.
And a smash symbol was added to the center.
its lolworthy XDD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Happy Second Anniversary, everyone! Sorry I didn't post earlier -- I would've posted at 5:47 exactly, but I had work until 6...and then I got busy whipping up something which should have been done last night. I started the video, and after a spontaneous crash, it proceeded to crash every time I opened the file, so after giving up late last night, I had to make it from scratch tonight.

Just as an FYI, I wish whoever it was that made Windows Movie Maker would fall into a ditch.

Nevertheless, here it is...

The Custom Pokémon Shop Movie 2: The Retrospective

Be sure to watch it with sound on, and I'd highly recommend listening via headphones.

I'd also like to announce that, as a result of the frequent idea-seeking of the thread's spriters and the frequently missed requests by the requesters, I am going to re-implement the "Pending Requests" list, merely as a source of ideas for spriters. I'll update with requests from the past couple pages and beyond that, if your request got missed, you'll just have to repost it (I can't look through that many pages). The "~Request~" rule will NOT be returning, I'm still bitterly opposed to all of the rules that brought down The Custom Pokémon Shop.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hooray! Nice vid Firus.

It was a little cutting when I starting lurking here again recently and saw that the CPS was gone, but I'm glad that something came out of it, and I really like what it is today. :)

EDIT: And as cheesy as it sounds, this thread made me want to start spriting; the concept was foreign to me before CPS.

M.K

Level 55
<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

GOD that's like 150 "3"s

Godddddd, nostalgia overload.
Amazing video ;_; I loved itttttt so much =)
*tears of happiness*

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
happy anniversary! i must say other then the troubles this thread has had this has always been one of my favorite threads to look at and i looked forward to looking every day to see the awesomeness that was put out by the original members (and still look forward to the new ones, some really good ones are coming out).

heres to another year (or more) of spriting in the PC *raises glass*

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hooray! Nice vid Firus.

It was a little cutting when I starting lurking here again recently and saw that the CPS was gone, but I'm glad that something came out of it, and I really like what it is today. :)

EDIT: And as cheesy as it sounds, this thread made me want to start spriting; the concept was foreign to me before CPS.
Thanks, Greenstreet!

That doesn't sound cheesy at all. I feel happy that even one person was inspired by TCPS in some way; it'll always have a place in my heart (as odd as that sounds for a thread on a forum), but to know that it's more than just a nostalgia trip for me is really great.

I feel bad, I remembered as the video was uploading to YouTube that you were one of the prominent visitors of the shop, and I didn't include you in the list. If Movie Maker weren't so temperamental, I'd have gone back and added you.

Seriously, as I said in the description, if you were a visitor of the shop or lurk here today you're included in that list, even if you aren't physically listed.

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

GOD that's like 150 "3"s

Godddddd, nostalgia overload.
Amazing video ;_; I loved itttttt so much =)
*tears of happiness*
Haha, that's actually 106. =P (Yay Word Count.)

Thanks though, man. I'm glad people are enjoying the video, however humble it may be.

It's fitting that I used that song, too, as it's from the album that I listened to for practically the entire summer of '08 -- the prime of TCPS, and when I spent just about every day spriting.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Every day when I came home I would look at every sprite posted during the day and the incredible things you guys constantly produced amazed me, many good times and laughs were had. I miss the CPS and the great sense of community it had, though it's awesome that it still manages to be the beacon of the PC.

Nice vid, Firus. I totally understand the Movie Maker thing, I have cursed that program many a time.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nice vid Firus

(and +2 rep for including Harichu and Stone-Type Arbok in there)

Ah I remember when I came in here. I wanted to sprite something and I came up with this piece of crap:

But, considering how crappy it came out, and how bad everybody thought it was, I just worked on it more and more

:')

Anyways, I'm bummed out because I couldn't come up with a birthenday sprite

:(

XACE-K

Smash Master
F*** yeah!, I'm in the video. Nice vid Firus. This thread was my home on SWF. I've made internet friends & had some good times on SWF because of this thread.

Top Bottom