• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
I would like to request, not a fusion, but rather a Fire type Darkrai, an Electric type Darkrai, and then a Fire/Electric Darkrai, if that's at all possible.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I want a:

Fire type Darkrai
Fighting type Charizard
Electric type Mewtwo
Dark type Blastoise

You guys can take whichever one you want but only to each of you.
Only one? Hm...it's a toss-up between Electric Mewtwo and Dark Blastoise.

Well, I've already done an Electric type, so I'll do Dark Type Blastoise. Should be fun. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Have you considered doing one or all of mine?
Well, XACE-K already requested Fire Darkrai and Mewter is doing that. As for the other two, I won't be doing them for a while, I won't be doing any recent ones for a while in fact, since I'm way backed up. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Darkrai so I may/may not end up doing it. I'm sure Bowser or Mewter will take it eventually, though; Spire's not too fond of Darkrai either. Don't worry, your request will be completed eventually. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
Duuintei and Blazing Darkrai are done. I decided to add a slight aura around Duuentei.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite interested in seeing what the fire-type Darkrai that you mentioned will look like. I can, however, wait for the electric-type Darkrai.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Duuintei and Blazing Darkrai are done. I decided to add a slight aura around Duuentei.
Wow, Blazing Darkrai looks awesome! I think it's your best edit yet! Congratulations on a job well done. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Heh heh...

How about an Eevee combined with a Blastoise? I made one as a joke to show to my friends a while ago(meaning I just enlarged a picture of Eevee's face an stuck in on top of Blastoise's body), but I want to see you guys do one.

And umm... first person who wants it gets it?!
Well, maybe a blaziken/ scyther?

Whoever calls it first gets it.:)
Done with both of your requests. Blasteon came out okay, and Blyziker came out a little odd, but he looks sort of cool at the same time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It’s in Mewter’s first post on the third page. You can either go on the third page and look for it there (the sprites make it easier to find) or you can go to the first page, and in my post there’s a link directly to his post.

Actually, I can just quote it for you…

Blazing Darkrai; Requested by XACE-K

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ XACE-K - I finished your Electric Mewtwo. I'm really happy with it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ooh, I have another idea. Who wants to try a Mew+Gyarados hybrid? :p
Pardon my lack of creativity, but how about Gyarados+Milotic?
I have a couple more requests:

Pidgeot + Staraptor (for the heck of it)

Thanks!

-Ter
All of your requests have been completed.

Gyaradew sort of scares me, Gyarlotic is okay, and I really like Pidgeoraptor. :)

@ XACE-K - I finished your Electric Mewtwo. I'm really happy with it.
As am I. It looks really cool. :)

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
I love the electric Mewtwo. What about an Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres hybrid, a Lugia/Ho-oh hybrid, a Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre hybrid, and a Dialga/Palkia hybrid?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love the electric Mewtwo. What about an Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres hybrid, a Lugia/Ho-oh hybrid, a Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre hybrid, and a Dialga/Palkia hybrid?
I'll take the Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres and Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre please.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
YES. This could not be done any better.
Thanks. :)

By the way, I forgot to tell you; Carnipod and Arcuxine look really nice. I had no idea how one would tackle Metapod/Carnivine, but you handled it with aplomb.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have 3/4 of those done already, actually. I'll post Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, but the other two are just...well, maybe Lugia/Ho-Oh, it's just a little simple, but Dialga/Palkia is just hideous. Trust me on this one. Lugia/Ho-Oh's name is sort of funny...

But regardless, Spire, please take those on; yours will no doubt be better than mine.

EDIT: Posted. They're both sort of simple, but I figured, why not?
I may take some of my old, simple fusions eventually and revamp them.

Tell me what you think, lowradiation; if you're satisfied with Lugi-Oh, I won't add it to the list of pending requests. But if it's too simple for you (which it is for me) I'll treat it as still pending so you don't get hurt by the fact that I've made bad edits.

Oh and Spire; I just noticed in your "Currently working on" list, it has Dark Blastoise. Are you doing that in addition to mine?

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Lugi-oh looks pretty hideous to me, but I do like Zaptrecuno. I just think that Articuno's tail should stay the same color.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have 3/4 of those done already, actually. I'll post Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, but the other two are just...well, maybe Lugia/Ho-Oh, it's just a little simple, but Dialga/Palkia is just hideous. Trust me on this one. Lugia/Ho-Oh's name is sort of funny...

But regardless, Spire, please take those on; yours will no doubt be better than mine.

EDIT: Posted. They're both sort of simple, but I figured, why not?
I may take some of my old, simple fusions eventually and revamp them.

Tell me what you think, lowradiation; if you're satisfied with Lugi-Oh, I won't add it to the list of pending requests. But if it's too simple for you (which it is for me) I'll treat it as still pending so you don't get hurt by the fact that I've made bad edits.

Oh and Spire; I just noticed in your "Currently working on" list, it has Dark Blastoise. Are you doing that in addition to mine?
Lugi-Oh is awesome! Zaptrecuno is too yellow, but nevertheless retains a great form.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
I really couldn't tell that Lugi-oh WASN'T Ho-Oh. I agree that Zaptrecuno is too yellow, which is why I suggested keep Articuno's tail in it's natural color. Of course, you guys are doing all of the work, so don't let me tell you what to do, lol!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I really couldn't tell that Lugi-oh WASN'T Ho-Oh. I agree that Zaptrecuno is too yellow, which is why I suggested keep Articuno's tail in it's natural color. Of course, you guys are doing all of the work, so don't let me tell you what to do, lol!
Yeah, as per my previous remark about being too simple; the only thing I did (I believe) was add and recolor Lugia's wings. And yeah, Zaptrecuno's yellow-ness has always bugged me...again, I may revamp these at some point in time. Or I may redo them completely.

Don't worry; your critique is duly noted, and appreciated. I appreciate compliments, always, but it annoys me when I know something is awful and people are lying to me to be nice. Zaptrecuno was my 11th fusion, and Lugi-Oh my 9th. At that point in time, my position on the whole concept was "I added something! That's awesome!", thus my simple fusions like Lugi-Oh, and the even simpler Woochu. It looks nice, but it's just Sudowoodo with Pikachu's ears added...it looks really smooth, the transition is nearly flawless, but it's too simple. The ones I've been making here are really good compared to most of my previous ones. I think Spire excelling at this so much inspired me to work harder at it. :)

drcossack

Smash Ace
It was done in the Kanto episodes (Episode 20), but how about Venustoise? I haven't seen it in a while.

Oh, and no borrowing from images on Google. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
augh. The Tyranitar/ Giratina fusion I'm working on looks hideous so far! lol:laugh:

Just on a second note:
What can I work on to make my sprites better? Your guys' sprites have some kind awesomeness to them that when I look at mine I go ," huh, maybe I'm not trying hard enough?"

Spire

III
BRoomer
augh. The Tyranitar/ Giratina fusion I'm working on looks hideous so far! lol:laugh:

Just on a second note:
What can I work on to make my sprites better? Your guys' sprites have some kind awesomeness to them that when I look at mine I go ," huh, maybe I'm not trying hard enough?"
It's all about pixel by pixel filling. A great way to start is to choose two Pokemon, and use one as the base, while the other serves as the palette and for extra parts. For instance. Say you are using Charmander and Zubat. Choose Charmander as the base type (this could be Zubat also) and Zubat as the "donor". Use the eyedropper tool to absorb the Zubat's colors, and then use a 1x1 square pencil brush to fill in each pixel on Charmander. Now, if Zubat had three or four different shades of blue, then you would want to correspond those shades with the shades of orange that Charmander has. So lightest blue = lightest orange, darkest blue = darkest orange, and so forth. Then, to add wings or any other parts really, use the lasso tool to "lasso" a selection on the Zubat, then drag that onto Charmander. You may have to do some further pixel-color blending to make it fit just right, but with practice you'll get it. That's how I started (not with that example, but with the technique), and I am not producing much better work.

Mewter

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot to mention I finished Giranitar! In my opinion, its the best one I've made yet!:bee:

It's all about pixel by pixel filling. A great way to start is to choose two Pokemon, and use one as the base, while the other serves as the palette and for extra parts. For instance. Say you are using Charmander and Zubat. Choose Charmander as the base type (this could be Zubat also) and Zubat as the "donor". Use the eyedropper tool to absorb the Zubat's colors, and then use a 1x1 square pencil brush to fill in each pixel on Charmander. Now, if Zubat had three or four different shades of blue, then you would want to correspond those shades with the shades of orange that Charmander has. So lightest blue = lightest orange, darkest blue = darkest orange, and so forth. Then, to add wings or any other parts really, use the lasso tool to "lasso" a selection on the Zubat, then drag that onto Charmander. You may have to do some further pixel-color blending to make it fit just right, but with practice you'll get it. That's how I started (not with that example, but with the technique), and I am not producing much better work.
Giranitar
That's what i did with this one^. Thanks for the advice though. Now I'll know what i have to do with the others I make! The only part of the sprites that REALLY bothers me is the making the background transparent. Well, thanks for the tip!(Giranitar's background was really hard to do!:laugh: He's really spikey!)

I think the work is just not turning out so great (except for Giranitar) because I sort of Rush through and forget to recolor every pixel. (Notice that Every Sprite besides Giranitar and Fervazard has that mistake)

Spire

III
BRoomer

Giranitar
No way.... this was just made. I don't think a Pokemon can get any more hardcore than this. Look at that! Yes, now that you're doing pixel by pixel shading, you definitely know what to do and how to make a sprite look great. Wonderful job, man. Maybe you'd like to recreate all of the sprites that weren't made this way?

EDIT: @ lowradiation8989 - I finished Ragrougre. Check him out ;)

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
No way.... this was just made. I don't think a Pokemon can get any more hardcore than this. Look at that! Yes, now that you're doing pixel by pixel shading, you definitely know what to do and how to make a sprite look great. Wonderful job, man. Maybe you'd like to recreate all of the sprites that weren't made this way?

EDIT: @ lowradiation8989 - I finished Ragrougre. Check him out ;)

Holy ****! That's really ****ing amazing!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I updated my banner and posted a bunch of my old fusions. And now, it's time to work on some fusions. :)

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I have a weird request for you guys.

1 is a Giratina/Tyranitar hybrid, 1 is a Charizard/Dragonite hybrid, and the last 1 is a Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy hybrid. You can split up the last 1 into 2 different ones, if you find that the original idea is impossible or impractical to complete.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok, I have a weird request for you guys.

1 is a Giratina/Tyranitar hybrid, 1 is a Charizard/Dragonite hybrid, and the last 1 is a Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy hybrid. You can split up the last 1 into 2 different ones, if you find that the original idea is impossible or impractical to complete.
Haha, you have a knack for requesting already requested/done Pokemon...Giratina/Tyranitar has already been completed by Mewter. As for the other two, I'll be sure to add them to "Pending Requests". Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy can probably be done without splitting it up, too.

I want a:

Dark type Blastoise

You guys can take whichever one you want but only to each of you.
Your request is complete. I took a sort of...actually, very gory approach to him, I even fused the Latin word for "Blood-thirsty" with Blastoise to get his name, but I really like how it turned out. He's one of my favorites thus far.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Haha, you have a knack for requesting already requested/done Pokemon...Giratina/Tyranitar has already been completed by Mewter. As for the other two, I'll be sure to add them to "Pending Requests". Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy can probably be done without splitting it up, too.
Haha, well, I'm too lazy to check every single one before I make a request, but thanks!

Top Bottom