• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PoE 3 ALL VIDS UP! Zhu, Wobbles, RockCrock, Kels, MacD, Iori, Tink, Cosmo, Big D

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh God my Fox is terrible. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

I could kind of see Sheik + ICs doing pretty good though.... already agreed to team with MacD at APEX if I can make it though. Peach + ICs is a pretty solid team, has tough times versus Fox + Puff though which is NOT a good combo to be weak against.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
zhu why is your falco so sexy? I do something sexy what every 4 matches :p you do something like every minute. I can only combo as sheik and falco even marth is to hard for me to combo as.

but no friendilies, :( me vs zhu was my own highlight of the day that and talking on the mic which was sooo amazing. 3rd most have been sleepK or messing with wobbling when I looked at him uber funny.

I love this game and most of the players :) when i'm done with high school I may move to CA. not for smash but that's simply an added bonus.

unknown522

Some guy
Oh God my Fox is terrible. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

I could kind of see Sheik + ICs doing pretty good though.... already agreed to team with MacD at APEX if I can make it though. Peach + ICs is a pretty solid team, has tough times versus Fox + Puff though which is NOT a good combo to be weak against.
wow, I seriously learned something today. How come fox is so bad?

Also, I agree with sheik/peach + ICs are good combinations.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I assume you mean how come Fox+Puff is tough for them to fight; MY Fox is bad because my tech skill consistency is what you would call crummy and most people know how to fight him, whereas I have no real matchup experience with him.

As for that team... well, it's that riproaring combination of shine and rest that wreck the ICs, plus Fox has more leeway to u-smash in doubles because Puff can cover him. CGs are risky so I don't get solid punishment and Puff saves Fox from gimps a lot.

So ICs and Peach as a team have stock tanking, survivability, gimps and hard punish... and then they fight two better characters who mitigate all those advantages. Ganon's another rough customer when it comes to Peach ICs IMO, since he can just outlast you. I'd hate to fight something like Fox Ganon or Puff Ganon, that would be just scary.

mers

Smash Ace
Wobbles is one of those players who amazes me every single time I watch a video of him. GFs was some incredibly smart play. Mad props for beating Zhu like that.

Finch

Smash Lord
Zhu you can definitely be aggressive vs ICs, you just need to know the matchup. Falco has so many options for spacing and comboing, just don't be scared. IC players all know the matchup better so you're going to lose until you learn it, but when you do you'll be able to **** them pretty confidently. Colbol loves playing against ICs because he just knows the matchup really well.

ICs aren't like puff where she used to be mid tier but now everyone plays her and we all realized that she's actually tip top tier. ICs are still high tier they're just really good against anybody who doesn't know how to fight them. Marth, sheik, fox, falco, and puff can all beat them easily as long as you know how to do it.

unknown522

Some guy
I assume you mean how come Fox+Puff is tough for them to fight; MY Fox is bad because my tech skill consistency is what you would call crummy and most people know how to fight him, whereas I have no real matchup experience with him.

As for that team... well, it's that riproaring combination of shine and rest that wreck the ICs, plus Fox has more leeway to u-smash in doubles because Puff can cover him. CGs are risky so I don't get solid punishment and Puff saves Fox from gimps a lot.

So ICs and Peach as a team have stock tanking, survivability, gimps and hard punish... and then they fight two better characters who mitigate all those advantages. Ganon's another rough customer when it comes to Peach ICs IMO, since he can just outlast you. I'd hate to fight something like Fox Ganon or Puff Ganon, that would be just scary.
oh, sorry. I meant why fox + ICs are a bad team. I should've specified properly. But yeah, I did misread. Didn't see the "my" part. Also, I remember watching your fox vs plank on poke floats (I think it was from SCC?). It looked good.

Also, this is some amazing information.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Years ago my Fox was a decent enough alt that I could rely on him for a few things, counter-camping on Pokefloats being one of them.

What it means to have a decent Fox has changed and I'm very out of practice with him. Fox + ICs is actually incredibly solid if the Fox is good and lets the IC player cover the ground. He can keep the air clear with b-air and shine, and by shining folks to the ground it gives the IC player a LOT of tech-chases and opportunities to hit with d-smashes and grabs. He also complements their horizontal KO power with vertical KO power, you can save him alright with ice shot and blizzard, and if he accidentally shines you you're usually moving too far and fast to get punished by the other guys. His shine is also great at walling people out if you get the other guy in a chaingrab, and many of the IC's 2v2 weaknesses (Peach, Puff, Ganon) he can actually put serious hurt on.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Probably Fox, honestly. He's such a good character and teammate in general it's hard to diss him, and ICs seem complemented better by non-floaties. ICs + Falcon is pretty neat, for instance, except for the part where--go figure!--Fox ***** you. As does Sheik. Sheik is way better against ICs in doubles because their main advantages against her, their punishment game even without a sync'ed Nana and the ability to grab her on recovery and get free KOs that way, go away in 2v2. Instead you're left fighting a slapping poking machine that you can't hurt nearly as much.

So yeah, ICs Falcon eats **** against Fox + Sheik, see me and Romeo vs. M2K + Zhu for more details on that one :p I'd say their best teammate would probably be Fox. Although me and Taj put work in as ICs + Marth, since Marth can be like Fox and wall people off while ICs murder somebody quietly in the corner. I think I'd rather have a good Fox than a good Marth, unless that Marth was Taj :p

Top Bottom