• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The right one is definitely water, but I thought the top was fire because the tail doesn't look like something a grass type would have. And the left one's tail looks like it has leaves rather than fire.
What makes you sure that the right one is water?

GF could also very well stray from the whole reptilian Grass starter tradition. It ought to be broken for once anyway.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
The right one is definitely water, but I thought the top was fire because the tail doesn't look like something a grass type would have. And the left one's tail looks like it has leaves rather than fire.
The top one seems to have leafs for ears while the left one seems to have a sharp body with a fire-like shaped tail.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I have to say do not judge by these first evolution line. The first time I saw piplup I was like :/

Yeah, especially when all you have is a silhouette. I mean, even chikorita, todadile and cyndaquil look pretty bad as just a silhouette. 1st gen on the other hand looks fairly decent.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, I realized if I don't spoil everything, I'm gonna have one hell of a hard time playing the game. I don't think that I want to have a brand spankin new stone in my bag and not know what to do with it :/

Also, in the picture on Serebii:

The left one looks like the fire starter (the thing on its tail is obviously a flame)
The center one looks like the grass starter (the thing on its head looks like a flame)
The right one looks like the water starter (the thing on the tail looks like a freakin beaver tail)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The "flame", if that is actually a flame, actually looks really disjointed to me...it just spreads out and grows wide immediately, which is not what flames do.

So either that isn't a flame or they did a crappy job with it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So you're saying that could be a flower thingy?

It would be weird for a grass starter because tradition holds that the only pokemon that ever has something on its tail is a fire pokemon... I think...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I don't think its meant to be a flame just a flame shape. Kinda like flygon's tail except red in order to give it a look similar to a fire.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So you're saying that could be a flower thingy?

It would be weird for a grass starter because tradition holds that the only pokemon that ever has something on its tail is a fire pokemon... I think...
I'm not saying anything, just that it doesn't look like a flame should.

I don't think its meant to be a flame just a flame shape. Kinda like flygon's tail except red in order to give it a look similar to a fire.
In that case, that would make sense. Just as long as it isn't real fire.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Exactly what I thought the second I saw it.

I love how everyone is hating on the shilloets are using it to label B/W as an awful game already. Remember when everyone was certain Pokemon Champion Z was a Lucario evolution and they were all pissed?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What are you saying?

I love these shadows. And I always loved Zoroark.

Again, I bet you this is gonna be the thing that renews my faith in Pokemon after a severe... dumping on on the past 2 gens (It's not that I'm biased to the first 2 gens, but I just really hated these past 2 gens... aside from teh game mechanic changes which was really needed)

M.K

Level 55
Wow.
Shadows can get this must disgust? Ya'ever look atcha own shadow? Looks nothing like you.
Anyways.
I like the one on the left the most. That's gotta be a leaf at the end of it's tail, and it looks rather velociraptor-ish.
The middle one is probably gonna be the feminine one. The tail is sorta cool, and the ears are cute. Reminds me of that female thing on Chowder.
The right looks like...um....a bear.....spring....lion. Yeah, that one is hard to make out.

^^BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
TRUE.
THAT.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
-The one on the left is obviously the grass starter. Those are leaves on the tail, not a poorly drawn flame. It also looks pretty reptilian-ish. Definitely the most unique-looking of the group. I'm very interested in this one.
-I'm going to guess the middle one is some sort of fire rabbit! Rabbits are cool. Heck it already looks better than the piece of crap that is Chimchar. I'd LOVE to see what the final evolution of a flaming rabbit would look like. :)
-The one on the right confuses me. I have no idea what it is. Its design also looks a little bland to me compared to the other two. But whatever it is, it's final evolution will indeed be a bad*** like every other starter (unless we have another Meganium).

Overall these are probablly the most complex-looking starters we've had in the Pokemon series. If you look back at the previous starters, they're pretty simple in their design. In example, if we saw silhouettes of all of the other gen starters, we would easily be able to point out that Turtwig is a turtle, Treecko is some sort of gecko, Torchic is a chick, etc.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
The starter all the way to the right is clearly the water one. Its feet and tail are flipper-like, and it gives the overall appearence of an otter.

I can't decide what type the remaining two are, however. They both have leaf-like protrusions, which makes both of them look like Grass-types, in my eye. The one on the left looks more fiery, in my opinion; it looks almost like it could be part Dragon. Hell, the thing even looks like it'd be built for water, with its short legs, long body, and tail fin. The middle one is a bit odd-looking: its snout is long, but has the overall shape of a rabbit.

Perhaps each starter has a secondary type of either Water, Grass, or Fire? If so, I'd say their typings would be, from left to right: Fire/Water, Grass/Fire, Water/Grass.

How can you say that the whole generation will be bad based on a couple of silhouettes? :dizzy:

Anyone recognize this Pokemon?​
It's a Jigglypuff from a top view. Clearly.

The middle one is probably gonna be the feminine one. The tail is sorta cool, and the ears are cute. Reminds me of that female thing on Chowder.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Now that I really look at it, the one on the left looks like it could be any of the 3 types!

But if I had to take a serious guess, (from left to right) I would say it's Grass, Fire, and Water

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought it looked like a thin lizard.

Actually to me, if it IS a fire type, it'll look a lot like a Charmander rip

S

smash brawl player 99021

Left is Grass, just looking at the tail. Makes me think of Leaves... It's Leafybug. /mind****/

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not gonna lie, I'm actually very excited for this. I like the starters from what I've seen.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I just looked, there's a lot of Ruined FOREVER talk a few pages back.

Why do people do this every Gen? We basically know nothing about this Gen yet people are *****ing and whining about it like little kids again.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just looked, there's a lot of Ruined FOREVER talk a few pages back.

Why do people do this every Gen? We basically know nothing about this Gen yet people are *****ing and whining about it like little kids again.
Yeah, guys, let's hold off on judgment until we've at least seen the actual images of the Pokémon first. As I recall, I saw gardening utensils in all of the Rotom forme silhouettes. Which, I suppose, wasn't entirely off, but...my point is that you can't know what to expect until you actually see the Pokémon. Even that cannot decisively determine things about the rest of the gen/rest of the Pokémon.

You can be dissatisfied with the silhouettes, but "Bad Silhouettes = This gen already sucks" is a rushed conclusion to jump to. Even fourth gen with its mostly terribad Pokémon designs wasn't awful or anything -- just incredibly mediocre compared to the previous three generations.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not saying this gen sucks, but the silhouettes don't give me great faith. Maybe it's because one looks too much like Bidoof for my liking.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not saying this gen sucks, but the silhouettes don't give me great faith. Maybe it's because one looks too much like Bidoof for my liking.
My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm throwing all my hope on the fact that their final evolution stages will be awesome.

Otherwise it's GG.

-Terywj

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Like I said earlier the one on the right looks a little bland compared to the other two. But for all we know it could have the best final evo of the three; both stat and look-wise.

I say we just wait until we get to see the rest of the evolution chains before we jump to conclusions.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly like what we have. I think the one on the left looks like the grass starter, and probably my favorite just because of that...

But I don't really like the right one just because its silhouette reminds me of Bidoof. I dislike Bidoof. Greatly.

During the 4th gen when I saw silhouettes and pictures of Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig, I thought it was going to be the lamest thing ever. Of course, I was proven wrong, as Turtwig and Piplup were proven to be awesome despite the bad typing.
Yes, I'm calling Infernape lame.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
How can you say its bland based on its outline? It could have some crazy **** going on in the middle of it, you honestly don't know anything about how these pokemon look.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm sure I'll like it when I get an image. It's probably the head that makes me think of Bidoof, which bothers me. But aside from that, I'm interested in these starters very much. The first evolutions don't look too bad, so I'm sure the last evolutions will be awesome. And in my opinion, the last evolutions are the best part anyway.

EDIT: I also never said bland. I just said it kinda reminds me of bidoof. The silhouette, anyway.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How can you say its bland based on its outline? It could have some crazy **** going on in the middle of it, you honestly don't know anything about how these pokemon look.
It could. It also could not. We don't know and I think it's fair that people have an oppinion based on the silhouettes based on what they can see. They COULD be garbage just as much as they COULD be awesome.

Unreon made this in the aussie pokemon thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom