• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Most teenagers in TV are actually around 19. Hillary Duff is a good example of this. Very few people there were middle school age.
4 words

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

that show completely ruined my perception of what a teenager looked like.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Oh man, is Mummy the best Breloom counter or the best Breloom counter?
Pretty sure insomnia Noctowl is the best Breloom counter.

Have a look through Deviantart guys, breaks your heart to see all the brilliant ideas that GF looked over. Fire/Steel, Fire/Dark, Fire/Rock, Fire/Ghost.... Hell, I'd have settled for pure fire for Pokabu's evo. Pretty sure I'm gonna call it Blazorback.

Warming up to Wotter's evo though. So long as he has claws at the end of those feet and not flippers.

UberMario

Smash Master
Not quite, but since Pokabu2 was confirmed [as was sky-blue Miju2], it's hard to say they aren't aswell.

UberMario

Smash Master
I want white Wotter2 though... the scheme just looks... so CORRECT.
I know how you feel.

Maybe in Gen VII-X some of the starters will get branched evolutions, because Gen V's evos kind of didn't feel like they were on the ball, Pokabu and Mijumaru had a lot of potential pulled out from underneath them.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Personally, I like Mijumaru and Pokabu's final stages. Blazorback has a BEARD MADE OF FIRE. Fire/Fighting is a massive upset.

I though Smugleaf's final stage was the most boring.

Either way, my Dark/Dragon will get all my affection. <3

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Oh, the hydra thing? Is that the Dark/Dragon one?

And I like Ganonbu. The Ganon thing really did it for me. But Smuglord's just too amazing.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
wotter's second evo looks ******!!! i really like it. it makes no sense why he would have to go on all fours in his final evo. pokabus second evo is the worse ive ever seen. i was hoping to be on all fours but no it has to stand on its hind legs? gamefreak really messed up on this. smugleafs evos are ok, but i really dont care for them. the only grass starter i ever cared about was turtwig and i really like his final evo.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if GF didn't mess up Wotter's final evolution (and the second stage remained white instead of light blue), it could have been the coolest Water line we've had.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Probably. First time I've ever seen it, though.
/fortheloveofsmugleaf

Wonder if those statistics will change come the revelation of the starter's evos...

Vermy

Smash Champion
Smugleaf's is hella boring. Just looks like a flambouyant ekans.

I reiterate, BEARD OF FIRE.

And Mijumaru's is awesome.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Smugleaf is Smugleaf. Pokabu is the ******* child of every 4th gen evo having an orgy, and aspires to be a Ganon knock off. /Opinions, bro. I still like each of these more than I have most other gens, in which I only liked 1 or 2.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Couldn't have killed Sugimori to give him a little more detail. Fabuleaf doesn't even look like a final stage evolution.

Hamondorf's only downfall was the Fire/Fighting typing.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Couldn't have killed Sugimori to give him a little more detail. Fabuleaf doesn't even look like a final stage evolution.

Hamondorf's only downfall was the Fire/Fighting typing.
>detail
>5th starters
>Sugimori's fw :p

They have enough detail, to be honest. None are actually simple when you think about it.

M.K

Level 55
So um....

....Doryuuzu, the mole's evolution, is a grand total of 2'4" tall.
Yeah, this thing on the bottom right:
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/vlippan145343.jpg

Things that are taller than Doryuuzu:
Bulbasaur Metapod Raticate Dugtrio Growlithe Bellsprout Hoothoot Misdreavus Slugma Tyrogue Magby Marshtomp Cascoon Swellow Volbeat Numel Spoink Trapinch Anorith Snorunt Buizel Gible Riolu Croagunk Zorua Meguroko

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

Spire

III
BRoomer
So um....

....Doryuuzu, the mole's evolution, is a grand total of 2'4" tall.
Yeah, this thing on the bottom right:
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/vlippan145343.jpg

Things that are taller than Doryuuzu:
Dugtrio is also 0.7m. This supports my theory that they're making more spiritual successor Pokémon to 1st gen. This is the new two-stage mole Pokémon family and is thus the same size.

Diglett is 0.2, the smaller mole is 0.3, close enough.

Vermy

Smash Champion
That's Dragon/Dark/Light, man.

EDIT: @ MK: That's either a typo, or more "Gamefreak has no clue how to measure things" shenanigans.
Close enough. Here's a snippet from Pokebeach.com about the dark/dragon:

"Stage 2 - Pseudo Legendary - Dark/Dragon: Is a three headed hydra, with black and blue tones. Starts with one head in its Basic form, evolves and gets two heads, and then this final form have three"

Ripped off.

M.K

Level 55
Kinda like my description for all humans:

"They're born, kinda weird shaped, with 2 arms, 2 legs. Mostly brown, they have hair places...um, they get bigger as they get older....then they die"

We can't predict things with such a generalized description.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ripped off.
I can't tell whether or not you're being serious. Fans throw so many ideas for new Pokemon out there that, sooner or later, Gamefreak will appear to be 'copying' them.

And really, there aren't that many dragon forms left. We've got two Western-style dragons, an Eastern-style one, and a wyvern or two, that really only leaves more made-up stuff (Garchomp) and hydras.

Vermy

Smash Champion
My point is that GF and Sugimori are running out of ideas and siphoning ideas out of the community.

And failing to take the ones we have been asking for a long time. I.E. An evolution for Farfetch'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom