• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Champion of Sinnoh, Cynthia for SSB4!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'll do the specials starting with Glaceon
N-Special-Ice beam. Works like Rob's laser, but can freeze targets.
S-Special-quick attack, A chargeable dash attack works like Fox's or Ike's side Special
D-Special-Switch pokemon to Roserade then to Garchomp.
U-Special-Creates Ice platforms that it will jump on.
Will do others later.

D

Deleted member

The "look it up yourself" trope in a debate is what people do when they're backed up in a corner and can't justify any of their unsubstantiated claims
No, it's because literally the information is supplied right there.
What would be the point of supplying it here in a thread that doesn't have anything to do with it just because you are too damn lazy to educate yourself?

There's a saying: "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll feed him for a lifetime."
Just giving you the exact points would just be giving you a fish. Sending you to the Smash Directory Thread would be teaching you to fish.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Someone from Nsider went to Sakurai's office in Japan and hand-delivered a thesis on why Geno should have been in Brawl.
If there was ever a time when listening to your fans would have made sense, it was then and there.
Is that a twisted way of saying that Geno was highly requested character?

D

Deleted member

Someone from Nsider went to Sakurai's office in Japan and hand-delivered a thesis on why Geno should have been in Brawl.
If there was ever a time when listening to your fans would have made sense, it was then and there.
As if being given a thesis about an overrated character too far in development in the game by an obsessed and deluded fanbase is worth two ****s.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
As if being given a thesis about an overrated character too far in development in the game by an obsessed and deluded fanbase is worth two ****s.
So basically you've said "Sakurai listens to the fans unless it's a character I don't like"
Swearing doesn't make you sound more like a grown-up, you know

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
gbshkgbesbeskbyke hahahahahhahahah oh my god you are such a hypocrite i love it. Keep posting pal you're looking like a genius

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, a bunch of Geno supporters sending a letter to Sakurai is immediate proof of Geno's immense popularity?

Just because a small amount of supporters is loud, doesn't mean the character is widely popular.

Besides, Geno (and to an extent Super Mario RPG) has a crapton of licensing issues regarding inclusion in SSB. Even if he was the most requested character, that would be up to Square Enix to decide whether or not Nintendo was allowed to use Geno in Smash.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Roserade
S-Special-Magical Leaf-works like Ivysaur's razor leaf but homes on target and changes colors.
N-special-Poison Powder-Poisons opponent if it touchs them. Poison gradually does damage for about 20 seconds.
U-Special-Roserade uses some leaves to boost itself up in the air.
D-special-Switch Pokemon to Garchomp, then Glaceon.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Oh, a bunch of Geno supporters sending a letter to Sakurai is immediate proof of Geno's immense popularity?

Just because a small amount of supporters is loud, doesn't mean the character is widely popular.

Besides, Geno (and to an extent Super Mario RPG) has a crapton of licensing issues regarding inclusion in SSB. Even if he was the most requested character, that would be up to Square Enix to decide whether or not Nintendo was allowed to use Geno in Smash.
So how does he determine what qualifies as a popular character with fan support? Does he google search x in smash and see who gets the most results?
Even if it's just 444 people sending this letter, a letter that goes to him is almost as direct as a person can possibly get, next to calling him or finding him on the street. If fan input was so important like everyone is saying then something like that (which I'm sure was a one-of-a-kind event, I doubt he got very many portfolios of characters from fans) then he would have done everything he could to get that ******** puppet in smash bros.

What I don't understand is why you're all so adamant that he gives a **** about your opinions. He doesn't care about yours, he doesn't care about mine, he doesn't care at all because he knows we're going to buy the game anyway. We've been doing it since 1999 and we'll continue doing it until we die. We're hooked in.

He does whatever the **** he wants. He's a grown man.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
444 people compared to 10.79 million potential Brawl owners is hardly a large fanbase.

This thread has been derailed enough. Can we move this conversation to somewhere else? This is a Cynthia support thread after all.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
444 people compared to 10.79 million potential Brawl owners is hardly a large fanbase.

This thread has been derailed enough. Can we move this conversation to somewhere else? This is a Cynthia support thread after all.
You people are just incredible.

When someone proves you wrong in an argument you twist what the argument what about or just cry PROVE IT to the other person.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Garchomp-
N-Special-Earthquake-Garchomp stomps and cause a earthquake around him good for when surounded
S-Special-Dig-goes underground and comes up biting opponent if your under them.
U-Special-Dragon Rush-Corkscrews up in the air surrounded by a purple flame.
D-Special-Switch to Glaceon, then Roserade.

I'll add the others to this post

Roserade
S-Special-Magical Leaf-works like Ivysaur's razor leaf but homes on target and changes colors.
N-special-Poison Powder-Poisons opponent if it touchs them. Poison gradually does damage for about 20 seconds.
U-Special-Roserade uses some leaves to boost itself up in the air.
D-special-Switch Pokemon to Garchomp, then Glaceon.

Glaceon
N-Special-Ice beam. Works like Rob's laser, but can freeze targets.
S-Special-quick attack, A chargeable dash attack works like Fox's or Ike's side Special
D-Special-Switch pokemon to Roserade then to Garchomp.
U-Special-Creates Ice platforms that it will jump on.
I'll do the smashes and tilts later.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, back to Cynthia. If she does appear, should Lucario be made one of her pokémon?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You people are just incredible.

When someone proves you wrong in an argument you twist what the argument what about or just cry PROVE IT to the other person.
I'm merely stating the truth and nothing more.

444 people sending a letter to the development team of a game that was potentially bought by over 10 million people is a tiny minority and doesn't warrant the inclusion of a character.

Besides, this whole Geno argument is being off-topic to this thread's purpose.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Okay, back to Cynthia. If she does appear, should Lucario be made one of her pokémon?
No, I don't think he should become one of Cynthia's Pokemon.

You have to admire FireEmblemnier for trying to steer this thread back on topic during this whole mess. Props to you, man.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyways what do you think of my move-set, so far it's not done, yet because I need to get the tilts, smashes, airs, taunts, and other data done.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anyways what do you think of my move-set, so far it's not done, yet because I need to get the tilts, smashes, airs, taunts, and other data done.
It's good.

I'll work on Glaceon's other attacks. Posting in while. (f possible I'll wok on the specials as well.)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Cynthia is to appear, I think she should have 3 new Pokémon. Garchomp is her signature Pokémon, so it's a given one.

Glaceon would be nice, since we would get a new ice-based character besides the Ice Climbers. I envision it as a fast and light character focusing on offense.
Roserade could be a medium weight and could be trap based with poisonous projectiles to give continuous damage over time. A character based on defensive gameplay.
Garchomp screams heavyweight. Could play a similar role as Bowser, Ganondorf and Charizard, by being slow, but offering brutal strength. Could also have a long range attack such as Dragon Pulse or DragonBreath.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I like the idea of Garchomp all on his own

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's the Glaceon moveset (excluding specials)

Up tilt
Lunges upward headfirst. Fast but rather weak. Good for juggling lightweights.

Down Tilt: Tail Whip
Turns 180 degree quickly (like Dedede's D-tilt but faster) and hits with its tail.

Forward Tilt: Bite
A moderately powerful move. Glaceon moves forward a bit and .... bites.

Side Smash: Frost Breath
Similar to Squitle's side Smash. Glaceon charges itself and then releases a blast of cold an icy wind that does a lot of knockback. Has a 30% chance of freezing the opponent. It also has a wind effect (like Toon Link's D-aerial on impact) that pushes away characters and items on the ground.

Up Smash: Ice Wind
Glaceons spins around quickly, creating an icy whirlwind which drags in opponents and launches them skyward. Similar to the tornadoes on Hyrule Castle 64 stage, but (obviously) weaker.

Down Smash: Ice Shard
Glaceon summons a circle of stalagmites (for lack of a better word) around itself. Has a really good range, and is useful to force away an opponent, but it's rather impossible to K.O. with it.

Up Air: Tail Whip 2
Flips vertically in mid-air, and hits with its tail upward.

Down Air: Barrier
Creates a glass barrier below and jumps up, while causing the barrier to fall and hit opponents below. (Can someone suggest anything better?)

Forward Air: Scratch
Glaceon can't legally learn this move, but I'll take some creative liberties here. :p. So, basically Glaceon stratches with its front paws.

Back Air: Tail Whip 3
SWings its tail like Yoshi's back air. (Again suggestions are welcome.)

Neutral Air
Glaceon turns arounds horizantally in the air with its limbs extended.

Grab
Lunges forward and grabs a character with its mouth. (Dunno, for some reason it sounds rather unfitting to me, so again suggestions please.)

Up Throw, Down Throw, Forward Throw, Back Throw
Holds the opponent by the mouth and throws them in the given direction.

Pummel
Scratches the opponent in the face

Final Smash: Blizzard
Glaceon summons a giant snowstorm, with chunks of ice flying everywhere. The stage also becomes floaty (like the Flying Transformation of Pokémon Stadium 2), making opponents easier to K.O. The chunks of ice hit opponent with the power and knockback of a hammer.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I think Glaceons taunts, would be like Pkachu's or Jigglypuff's. It makes want to say... awh, it's so cute. Maybe one saying it's name and another all battle ready.

D

Deleted member

So basically you've said "Sakurai listens to the fans unless it's a character I don't like"
Swearing doesn't make you sound more like a grown-up, you know
No, I'm saying that Sakurai is not going to go out of his way to include such a minor character not even owned by Nintendo late in development just because a deluded fanbase that makes itself larger than what it really is hands him an essay that he reportedly never got and wouldn't have time.

Geno's only chances were if Sakurai had reason to believe Geno was popular when he was initially designing his roster or if Geno was the most requested character for Brawl and Sakurai didn't already include him.
Neither case has happened; Geno's popularity came too late and Geno was far outclassed by Sonic.
However, that is not to say that it can't happen for Smash 4; the fact Geno was so notable at a point Sakurai couldn't realistically do anything about it means it's possible Sakurai took him into consideration towards the beginning of this game's development.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
No, I'm saying that Sakurai is not going to go out of his way to include such a minor character not even owned by Nintendo late in development just because a deluded fanbase that makes itself larger than what it really is hands him an essay that he reportedly never got and wouldn't have time.

Geno's only chances were if Sakurai had reason to believe Geno was popular when he was initially designing his roster or if Geno was the most requested character for Brawl and Sakurai didn't already include him.
Neither case has happened; Geno's popularity came too late and Geno was far outclassed by Sonic.
However, that is not to say that it can't happen for Smash 4; the fact Geno was so notable at a point Sakurai couldn't realistically do anything about it means it's possible Sakurai took him into consideration towards the beginning of this game's development.
Wait, your still arguing about this, this isn't the thread for this discussion, if your not going to discuss this character, then talk about this on the Geno thread or something

D

Deleted member

Wait, your still arguing about this, this isn't the thread for this discussion, if your not going to discuss this character, then talk about this on the Geno thread or something
I had the post on standby because I was afk to mow the lawn.

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
I vote nay. Just because The system for changing pokemon is such a clunky system that the idea of shifting through six pokemon practically gives me a migraine.

Edit: Read the OP again, so I was wrong. But still, changing three pokemon is such a pita system, I really hope there aren't any more characters other than just the original pokemon trainer.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be fine if they got rid of the stamina system so people could do solo Lucario if they wanted.

Otherwise Lucario players from the last game would be annoyed at having to switch out.

Regardless I believe Cynthia would be a good rep for the more recent games. She's probably the most popular/well-known of any of the champions aside from maybe Blue.

Top Bottom