• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Quote from Spire=

At least he brought that information to our attention. I doubt many of us would have found that otherwise, even though it's obviously false. Info is info, and the more we get, the more we have to analyze and break down.

Agreed , you cant only learn fom the truth but my learning from false info we can further put thought into the name, which leads to the descovery of characteristics of the game( like ruby=groudon, diamond-dialga ect.)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
We don't know what Ununbium looks like.

INVISIBLE POKEMON CONFIRMED FOR GENERATION 5.

Shiroto

Smash Rookie
It'd be totally amazing if they did that. I was also thinking of joining all of the Continents into one Massive "Pangaea" xD And they should totally add the Custom Character, along with all of the Pokemon, Gym Leaders, Towns, and New Versions of those as well [As much as I dislike all of the New Sinnoh Pokemon they added, it would add a lot of Diversity]. I'm not so sure about the Mutations, it'll be sooo much work to put that in :p But it'd be a great Aspect.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I heard that it (the 5th gen.) is going to be Pokemon Cadmium and Ununbium. Cadmium is a bluish-white color while ununbium is rumored to be either white, silver, or a metallic gray (it is unknown) for the cartridge colors...here's the site I found this on (excluding color info)...
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/18/pokemon-platinum-revealed-set-for-fall-release-in-japan/
it's at the end of the 2nd paragraph...comments please (P.S.--if you think this is absolute BS, tell me, I've been looking Pokemon Cadmium and Ununbium up for a few days now, I don't want to have false hopes of names lol).
It's fake. Really, Pokemon Cadmium/Ununbium? Yeah. Nintendo likes going with colors/gems that people actually KNOW ABOUT.

Stupid spam is stupid.
I'm going to have to go with Spire on this one; he posted the info for us to see, which was actually considerate. It's not spam. Second of all, how do you know Nintendo wouldn't change their attitude about names? You don't.

He asked you to tell him if you thought it was fake, not to flame him if you did.

In regards to this rumor, I'm probably going to have to call fake. There's no evidence to support this sudden reference to Cadmium and Ununbium, and when I searched for them, all of the results seem to be a direct quote of the same thing. I see no reliable source. Even if it is real, I think we're going to have to call fake for now.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
I have an Idea that would might work: Baby forms of Pokemon. No, not Baby Pokemon, Baby FORMS of Pokemon.

Heres the Idea: An egg you just got hatched. Instead of the the normal form of a pokemon, you would get the baby form of the pokemon, sort of a more babyish form of the Pokemon. When it reached a certain level,which is different for each Pokemon, it would evolve into the normal form of that pokemon.

Still confused? let me show an example:

Lets say you mated two Lucarios. In the 4th gen, The baby would be a Riolu, a whole new Pokemon altogether. With my Idea, Riolu would now be the baby form of Lucario. When it reached level 15, It would evolve into Lucario.

This also changes the starters: No longer would Charmander be the first in it's evolutionary line, but the Baby Form of Charmeleon (Did I spell that right?), Squirtle would be the baby form of Wartortle (Did I spell that right too?), and so on.

Hey, maby we could start requesting baby forms of Pokemon on your shop, Spire and Firus!:laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have an Idea that would might work: Baby forms of Pokemon. No, not Baby Pokemon, Baby FORMS of Pokemon.

Heres the Idea: An egg you just got hatched. Instead of the the normal form of a pokemon, you would get the baby form of the pokemon, sort of a more babyish form of the Pokemon. When it reached a certain level,which is different for each Pokemon, it would evolve into the normal form of that pokemon.

Still confused? let me show an example:

Lets say you mated two Lucarios. In the 4th gen, The baby would be a Riolu, a whole new Pokemon altogether. With my Idea, Riolu would now be the baby form of Lucario. When it reached level 15, It would evolve into Lucario.

This also changes the starters: No longer would Charmander be the first in it's evolutionary line, but the Baby Form of Charmeleon (Did I spell that right?), Squirtle would be the baby form of Wartortle (Did I spell that right too?), and so on.

Hey, maby we could start requesting baby forms of Pokemon on your shop, Spire and Firus!:laugh:
The idea is interesting; my only issue is that this would be an excuse for Nintendo to add about 400 more Pokemon, and not have to change their ways from "Add any Pokemon you can!" I really think they need to slow down, add 20 Pokemon max per generation, and even out the types.

But yeah, I'd be happy to take Baby Form requests. That could be sort of fun. :)

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
In the 5th generation, I want to see more of an RPG, with the inclusion of Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, and maybe even the Orange Islands, or those "Sevii Islands" from FR/LG.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I assumed that it was fake, however, though I am usually a pessimist, I thought optimistically and I just wanted to show y'all 'bout it. You must admit though: Pokémon Cadmium and Ununbium has a nice ring to it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I just beat DQM-joker yesterday and I have to say im liking the real-time pokemon thing alot more (not saying I didnt like it before but actually experiencing a game that does it makes me imagine how well it would be for pokemon).

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Ever since pokemon gold and silver, I thought the idea of traveling from one region to the next was a great idea. However, Nintendo may think of a way to obtain some sort of item in order to travel from region to region. Maybe, the item can be obtained if a certain game was inserted or transfered from a previous game, (if it was on the DS, inserting Ruby, Saffire, Emerald would cause you to obtain a special gift) The special gift may also be obtained through a special event.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ever since pokemon gold and silver, I thought the idea of traveling from one region to the next was a great idea. However, Nintendo may think of a way to obtain some sort of item in order to travel from region to region. Maybe, the item can be obtained if a certain game was inserted or transfered from a previous game, (if it was on the DS, inserting Ruby, Saffire, Emerald would cause you to obtain a special gift) The special gift may also be obtained through a special event.
good idea, but i sold my r/s/e,fr/lg after i meigrated

zrky

Smash Lol'd
about the cadmium and unubium, one of my friends told me he read somewhere that the names were going to be quartz and something else. I think quartz and the other name i forgot are more belivable

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
whats next, bublegumon?
ZOMGAWESUMIDEARZ4NEIWPOKEMANZ!1

It's name is Bublegumon and it's a GIANT PIECE OF BUBBLE GUM! YEAH! It could have a move like 'inflate' and it gets stuck and the other Pokemon take damage while they have to pull it out of there hair!

Is that an awesome idea or what!

I'm telling you guys, Bublegumon for Generation 5!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
about the cadmium and unubium, one of my friends told me he read somewhere that the names were going to be quartz and something else. I think quartz and the other name i forgot are more belivable
If they use another name like that for 5th gen, then...well, I don't know what, but they need to get creative. We've had a similar concept for names since G/S/C. Even R/B/Y was fairly similar. They need to think outside of the box for 5th gen.

In any case, I think any names for 5th gen at this point are pure speculation unless your friends have connections. Even so, any names at this point cannot have more than a 25% chance of actually happening. We don't even have Platinum yet.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
If they use another name like that for 5th gen, then...well, I don't know what, but they need to get creative. We've had a similar concept for names since G/S/C. Even R/B/Y was fairly similar. They need to think outside of the box for 5th gen.

In any case, I think any names for 5th gen at this point are pure speculation unless your friends have connections. Even so, any names at this point cannot have more than a 25% chance of actually happening. We don't even have Platinum yet.
zrky has connections.

Or so he claims.

I know him in real life, so um... yeah.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
zrky has connections.

Or so he claims.

I know him in real life, so um... yeah.
Eh...I'll still try to hold out hope that Nintendo will be creative. Then again, it's just as likely that they'll forget the little kids and appeal to more than just 5 year olds who actually enjoy the 12 Legendaries in one game, so maybe I should end my wishful thinking.

I've always been stubborn about things until I have actual, factual, proof. I was hoping he wouldn't be "Toon" Link until I unlocked him in Brawl. Yes, I was that stubborn. I was hoping that they'd change the name from the Japanese version.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
The 5th generation won't release for a while, though, I am looking forward to it. However, the next Pokemon video game is coming out. Think it's for the DS. Called Platinum version I believe. I'm looking forward to that.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Any huge fan of pokemon, and especially of DP, is looking forward to Platinum. It's going to be such an epic game. I can just feel it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

the only reason I believe my friend, is because he was right about pokemon ranger, DP, emerald, and trozei, about a year and a half before they came out. And quartz and ??? Are very belivable names since nintendo has been going with the names of stones/precious gems.

Spire

III
BRoomer
They're heading down a redundant-coaster, and it's definitely not for the better. Diamond and Pearl were unattractive names to me (and still are), and furthermore, Platinum has done no justice for the names. Now they mix gems with a metal? I remember stating before that I held an interest (may have been in the OP) in the elemental-relative names - particularly "FIREred" and "LEAFgreen". Take the colors away (used only for relation to the original titles) and you have a new type of naming system. But beyond names related to Pokemon types, perhaps they could invest in the idea development for specific names relative to the concept behind the games. For instance, Diamond = Time, while Pearl = Space. It is clever that they use the gems as metaphors for these elements, but perhaps synonyms for 'time' and 'space' could work for the better. For instance: "Pokemon Chronos" and "Pokemon Cosmos" for example.

Ehh... bad examples. The color/metal/gem titling may be a safe-zone, but look at how it has changed. Color is a reading of light, metals are solidified elements that refract certain colors, and gems are essentially stones that reflect so much more color, and are often transparent. Now, break this down conceptually to: essence (color), foundation (metal), perfection (gems). Where could they go from here? The games have been building through time to perfection, and the titles say it all. Where can you go from perfection?

Destruction. Destruction and a new age of building - not from color, but from a new essence. I type what I feel; I type what comes to mind. I could go back and delete my first paragraph to shorten this entry to what I feel matters more, but to show the roots; the foundation of text that built up to what I am talking of at this very moment shows you that I hide nothing, so that I may continue to grow in thought. Rambling, no. Expanding my mind for idea development, yes. The games need renewal. They need not follow the same trail that they have for over a decade now. A path straying away from that which they walk now needs to be found, to help them climb up the infinite mountain of continual development.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why it was Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and now Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum...wouldn't it...make more sense...to...have switched Crystal and Plat-i-num.............oh well...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I don't understand why it was Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and now Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum...wouldn't it...make more sense...to...have switched Crystal and Plat-i-num.............oh well...
well i dont know why, but allot of people think that a game would be cool, because it has the name of a precious stone/gem/metal. But I don't care what the name is I just hope that nintendo makes improvements on the 5th generation games

Wrath`

Smash Master
well i dont know why, but allot of people think that a game would be cool, because it has the name of a precious stone/gem/metal. But I don't care what the name is I just hope that nintendo makes improvements on the 5th generation games
well if you think about it, crystals arent anything specific, ruby's and saphires are crystals.

and it is interesting that they choes platnium, I mean OPAL is basicly giritinas colors in bot reg and shiny form, and it fits with the previous diamond and pearl

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
tl;dr

Pokemon is ruining itself with staying the same.
I don't know why people do this.

Don't post if you're going to say the OP was too long, so you didn't read it. If you're too lazy to read, then don't post in the topic.

Spire has some really good ideas, so it's not as if these are stupid and there's no reason to read them. Either read them and contribute to the discussion or see the long post and leave the thread. That simple.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this whole "tl;dr" thing is a campaign of laziness, and it irks me to no end.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't know why people do this.

Don't post if you're going to say the OP was too long, so you didn't read it. If you're too lazy to read, then don't post in the topic.

Spire has some really good ideas, so it's not as if these are stupid and there's no reason to read them. Either read them and contribute to the discussion or see the long post and leave the thread. That simple.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this whole "tl;dr" thing is a campaign of laziness, and it irks me to no end.
...Sorry...

M.K

Level 55
I am really not excited about Pokemon Platinum at all. I mean, yeah, I am anticipating the next few bits of information, but I really really dislike the huge focus on legendaries and alternate forms and what not. It doesn't add any replay value to the game for me, I usually just catch legendaries just to have them sit in my box as proof I caught them. Sky Forme? Origin Forme? Form-e??? I don't get it, and I'm still going to buy it, don't worry.

I just can't wait until 5th Generation Pokemon!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I am really not excited about Pokemon Platinum at all. I mean, yeah, I am anticipating the next few bits of information, but I really really dislike the huge focus on legendaries and alternate forms and what not. It doesn't add any replay value to the game for me, I usually just catch legendaries just to have them sit in my box as proof I caught them. Sky Forme? Origin Forme? Form-e??? I don't get it, and I'm still going to buy it, don't worry.

I almost do the same, except that I only train my favorite legendaries (rayquaza, kyogre, regirock). But the different forms have a very different variation from the originals which makes them look funny, but im only getting platinum for the origin form Giratina.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I agree. All we've really heard about Platinum for sure thus far is that we're going to get Legendary-related stuff. And this whole form idea is beginning to bug me, it feels like they're overdoing it.

Deoxys's forms are cool. Always will be. Even Giratina's form was like "Cool!" at first. Now we have Shaymin's form, hich completely ruins Shaymin. I know it probably pleases a lot of people, because it might be useful, but I don't use Legendaries anyways. Who cares. Shaymin's sky form doesn't even look remotely like Shaymin. Plus, 90% of Shaymin's appeal to me is that it's a hedgehog. I love hedgehogs. Not just because I'm a huge Sonic fan, but because I like hedgehogs. Now it just looks like a previous attempt at Leafeon. Does that thing come off as an Eeveelution to anyone else?
As for Regigigas...eh, it was horrible enough as it was. If you're going to give someone a new form...give it to an old Pokemon that's actually good. I mean, c'mon, they're FOCUSING on Legendarys for Platinum, and the legendaries for 4th gen are bad enough as it is. Wake up, people!

Oh, new news that Serebii posted about Platinum; apparently, you can catch the three Regis in Platinum. Which is Legendary-related, but probably the best confirmed news I've heard thus far about the game. I mean, honestly; who decided to make Regigigas only available if you have Pokemon from the previous gen? It doesn't affect me, since I have all three third gen games, but I still find it to be ridiculous. Then again, Pokemon's montra from the beginning has pretty much been "In order to completely finish the game, you have to give us MORE money! Isn't that great?" I don't necessarily mind, but that was just a little ridiculous with Regigigas. Then again, maybe that was a way to stop as many people as possible from getting that ugly thing...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Recently, I've been wanting a more realistic looking game with the same familiar system rather than a bunch of tack-ons like "new formes (yes, that's the official spelling)". The DS is capable of sporting much greater graphics than seen in the 4th Generation. Bringing the series to the Wii could potentially hurt its following because of the concept of "Pocket Monsters" being a game that you can carry in your pocket. That's the reason that they haven't switched gears to the consoles for further Pokemon Generation development. While my feelings in this post utterly contradict many of my views in the OP, I want the game to remain handheld. Graphically, I'm tired of it feeling the same with very little growth between the Generations.

Look at Golden Sun for instance. That was a GBA game and it sported BEAUTIFUL graphics. With the DS, they could take Pokemon to the next level, with full 3D environments both in and out of battle, along with 3D characters and Pokemon. Keep the system, but the graphics need to feel like the "next generation", not just the gameplay.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The Pokemon Ranch is probably the best idea for console Pokemon things. Other than that, read what Spire said. Pokemon needs to stay handheld.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The Pokemon Ranch is probably the best idea for console Pokemon things. Other than that, read what Spire said. Pokemon needs to stay handheld.
I would agree pokemon was pretty much made only for handheld systems. And if they made another colosseum game i wish you could play Diamond and Pearl and Platinum on it like in pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
that is true, but if they made the balance board thing for wii fit, they can make a gameboy adapter by the time they release the new coloseum
Who knows. Maybe Nintendo made the DS and Wii wi-fi compatible. They probably did, actually. That's probably how Pokemon Ranch works.

Top Bottom