• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is there any reason I shouldn't give my Bronzong lead Fireproof? It's EPIC MINDGAMES. It's like counterpicking random.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Is there any reason I shouldn't give my Bronzong lead Fireproof? It's EPIC MINDGAMES. It's like counterpicking random.
Because it's fun to watch the occasional idiot use earthquake on your levitating Bronzong. :laugh:

Apart from that though, no. Thanks to how many people run levitate on Bronzong, I'm pretty sure that for the most part you're going to actually have an easier time running a heatproof'd Zong as compared to levitate'd. Just try it out and see how it goes. ^.^ But chances are there will be a lot of WTF moments for you because of mindgames on their fire type. Leaves them open for an EQ too, if your Zong runs it. ;)

Hurray for mindgames! :D

c3gill

Smash Ace
I almost always throw an EQ at a zong, just to check. I dont think most people do though, so you should be safe using it- however, if someone notices you switch in and take spikes damage, get ready for the pain.

on a different note-

blacker than the blackest black times infinity.

Yea, he made a Dethklok reference.

/newlevelofrespect

you win.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Yea, he made a Dethklok reference.

/newlevelofrespect

you win.
WHAT? SERIOUS!?

I already carried a love (in a completely heterosexual way, of course)/respect for Umbreon just because of his name, BUT NOW!? That's all been multiplied by 10. Yeah, that's right. 10. I love Dethklok like Doctor Rockso loves cocaine...

Sorry for that reference, but I just HAD to do it. <3

woody72691

Smash Ace
WHAT? SERIOUS!?

I already carried a love (in a completely heterosexual way, of course)/respect for Umbreon just because of his name, BUT NOW!? That's all been multiplied by 10. Yeah, that's right. 10. I love Dethklok like Doctor Rockso loves cocaine...

dethklok sucks, it's soo boring and not funny, anyways does anyone have any good movesets for a Blaziken?

c3gill

Smash Ace
I love Dethklok like Doctor Rockso loves cocaine...

Excited for the new season, and CD? and whats your favorite song?

Fan Song, Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle, and Mermaider.
Dethklok is my top 3 favorite bands.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Excited for the new season, and CD? and whats your favorite song?

Fan Song, Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle, and Mermaider.
Dethklok is my top 3 favorite bands.
So there is going to be another season then? I usually sleep early, so I always miss when it's on...I buy the season DVDs, though. And I have the first CD and am DEFINITELY getting the new CD if I have the money for it when it comes out. <3

Favorite songs would probably have to be...hmmm...Murder Train A Comin' (Bluesklok is my favorite episode), Murmaider, and I've always liked Briefcase Full of Guts for some reason. Not sure why, though.

dethklok sucks, it's soo boring and not funny, anyways does anyone have any good movesets for a Blaziken?
It's stupid, dark humor. That's like a double whammy, almost a triple if you really love dark humor like I do. Maybe you just have a bad sense of humor. <.< And as for your Blaziken set, I'm too tired to come up with one right now...but this should help?

woody72691

Smash Ace
So there is going to be another season then? I usually sleep early, so I always miss when it's on...I buy the season DVDs, though. And I have the first CD and am DEFINITELY getting the new CD if I have the money for it when it comes out. <3

Favorite songs would probably have to be...hmmm...Murder Train A Comin' (Bluesklok is my favorite episode), Murmaider, and I've always liked Briefcase Full of Guts for some reason. Not sure why, though.

It's stupid, dark humor. That's like a double whammy, almost a triple if you really love dark humor like I do. Maybe you just have a bad sense of humor. <.< And as for your Blaziken set, I'm too tired to come up with one right now...but this should help?

hoe could u think thats even close to funny. soo boring and not even entertainment. but at least it isnt as bad as Ellen Degeners or whatever that persons name is.

i'll check it out. i want a really strong blaziken

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I've considered downloading some dethklok songs on several occasions... any suggestions for starter songs? I usually don't like that genre, but Dethklok has something different about them that I like.:)

Anyway, back on topic: is there any reasonably well-made guide to secret power effects? I've kind of been interested in it recently...

I might work on a few blaziken sets, and don't worry everyone, this time I have plenty of experience with it. See my failure at covering tangrowth as an example of not knowing the pokemon and shoddy deprivation.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I've considered downloading some dethklok songs on several occasions... any suggestions for starter songs?

Anyway, back on topic: is there any reasonably well-made guide to secret power effects? I've kind of been interested in it recently...

I might work on a few blaziken sets, and don't worry everyone, this time I have plenty of experience with it. See my failure at covering tangrowth as an example of not knowing the pokemon and shoddy deprivation.
Duncan Hill Coffee Jingle, Fan Song, Murmaider, (possibly) Awaken, (possibly) Thunderhorse, Face Fisted (I love how horrid his English is in this song). Anything Dethklok is pretty decent, but those are probably the more mainstream/brilliant ones.

A guide for its effects can be found here. Bulbapedia is quite a wonderful guide for basically anything Pokemon, so it might be useful for you (and anyone else who hasn't) to bookmark it. :)

Do you have any clue as to why Shoddy isn't working? I don't know how much it'd help (chances are you've already tried it as it is), but you could always completely uninstall it and then try it over again. Other than that, I can't really think of anything to solve the bug problem.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah, bulbapedia is pretty much the ****.

Nvm about shoddy, it just started working again.:)
Well...this IS a Q&A thread for ALL Pokemon related questions, so I figure I might as well ask it here...

Do you still have that UU team that you were thinking was doing decently well? If so, then do you want to have a UU battle? I finally found something that I likey that seems to work for me, and I want to see yours. :D

EDIT: Actually...I'll wait on that. It's past midnight now and I really need the sleep. :laugh:
Later maybe? God I'm such a spammer in the Poke Center...I'd love to know how I end up off topic so often. D:

c3gill

Smash Ace
i generally use serebii, but its been slow recently- and for Blaziken, he has a great movepool, you shouldnt need secret power.

He has awesome stats and great moves, but his speed is ****. His great pool allows for a great variety of sets, and as such we should all be blown away by the blaziken set. When used properly, he only has 2 or 3 real counters, so what im saying is....... impress us? If you can do it with any pokemon, Blaziken is one of them. He is a UU that can easily fight with OUs- do a good job on him!

c3gill

Smash Ace
I'll try... probably won't finish tonight...

btw I wasn't suggesting secret power on blaziken, just wanted to know what it does XD.
ummmm... nothing worth noting, as far as i am aware.

Generally there is always a better move.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
ummmm... nothing worth noting, as far as i am aware.

Generally there is always a better move.
Idk...I could probably find reason to use it in a noncompetitive atmosphere. :p Hell, I could probably find reason to use it in a competitive atmosphere as well as long as it still gives some sort of status ailment...

But then again, I'm also the one that runs a lead in UU that people would probably flame me for if they ever saw its moveset. :laugh:

EDIT:

Q: When running a choice banded Sharpedo in UU, is Adamant or Jolly nature more ideal? Right now I'm running adamant nature for optimal attack when using aqua jet, but I seem to be seeing quite a decent amount of grass types, and sometimes it can't outrun when I need to use ice fang. If you want to know what its ATK and SPE are when running the two different natures, they are...
Adam: 558 ATK/289 SPE
Jolly: 508 ATK/317 SPE
I'm thinking the jolly nature is better for the non-priority moves, so I'll probably go with that. I was just wondering other people's opinions on it. :p

c3gill

Smash Ace
Idk...I could probably find reason to use it in a noncompetitive atmosphere. :p Hell, I could probably find reason to use it in a competitive atmosphere as well as long as it still gives some sort of status ailment...

But then again, I'm also the one that runs a lead in UU that people would probably flame me for if they ever saw its moveset. :laugh:

EDIT:

Q: When running a choice banded Sharpedo in UU, is Adamant or Jolly nature more ideal? Right now I'm running adamant nature for optimal attack when using aqua jet, but I seem to be seeing quite a decent amount of grass types, and sometimes it can't outrun when I need to use ice fang. If you want to know what its ATK and SPE are when running the two different natures, they are...
Adam: 558 ATK/289 SPE
Jolly: 508 ATK/317 SPE
I'm thinking the jolly nature is better for the non-priority moves, so I'll probably go with that. I was just wondering other people's opinions on it. :p

Sharpedo- Jolly- you want all the speed possible, because if you get hit your probably dying. Outspeed and whack hard, and a banded Sharpedo does that well. Max speed.

what do the scarfs really do?? i havent gotten a chance to read about them
Choice Scarf- Multiplies users speed by 1.5, but user is locked into one move, until switched out
Choice Band- Multiply users attack by 1.5, but user is locked into one move, until switched out
Choice Specs- Multiply users Special attack by 1.5, but user is locked into one move, until switched out

Choice Item users are usually noted for coming in, hitting hard, and retreating. Some old notable Choice Items sets are Scarfchomp, SpecsMence, and currently Banded Scizor and Scarftran are pretty big.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Sharpedo- Jolly- you want all the speed possible, because if you get hit your probably dying. Outspeed and whack hard, and a banded Sharpedo does that well. Max speed.
Alright. I figured as much, I was just making sure. Thanks for the input. :)

Choice Scarf- Multiplies users speed by 1.5, but user is locked into one move, until switched out
Choice Band- Multiply users attack by 1.5, but user is locked into one move, until switched out
Choice Specs- Multiply users Special attack by 1.5, but user is locked into one move, until switched out

Choice Item users are usually noted for coming in, hitting hard, and retreating. Some notable Choice Items sets are Scarfchomp, SpecsMence, and Scarftran- currently Banded Scizor is pretty big.
I'm not entirely sure if he meant choice items, or the scarves used during the super contests. D: I was pretty sure everyone knew what choice items did, so I was assuming it was the things for super contests, in which case I don't even know what EXACTLY they do. I just know they raise your likability or whatever. How much it raises it by though, I don't know.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
how will Scarfing a pokemon help me in the long run?
Scarf something that has a high ATK or SATK and a good offensive movepool, and you've basically just given yourself an extremely fast sweeper. And in competitive play, you're generally going to be switching enough as it is that any choice Pokemon isn't really going to be hindered by using one specific move for just a single turn too often. The only time it really would be is if it's your last Pokemon, and even then it can still put up a pretty decent fight most of the time.

So honestly, if you know how to work one or two choice users into your team, they're really not bad at all and can be extremely reliable at times.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Yes, but I would give it a +Speed Nature (Hasty, which doesn't drop Attack) with Choice Scarf, 'cause it's a sitting duck otherwise. At 252 EV's and Scarf+Hasty, you get 426 Speed Blaziken.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yes, but I would give it a +Speed Nature (Hasty, which doesn't drop Attack) with Choice Scarf, 'cause it's a sitting duck otherwise. At 252 EV's and Scarf+Hasty, you get 426 Speed Blaziken.
This is a very good option, as that means you can lower its speed EVs a bit so the only thing non-scarfed that will outrun you in OU is Ninjask (which it would not matter what set you use). The other option you can use is an Adamant nature with choice scarf and 240 speed EVs. This sets your speed to 384, which outruns everything unscarfed apart from Ninjask, Electrode, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, and Crobat. That may sound like quite a few, but you'll rarely run into Electrode, and Ninjask, Aerodactyl, and Crobat are most commonly seen as leads, which your Blaziken probably won't be. That mainly just leaves Jolteon to deal with, which isn't too bad if you ask me. And you'll have a higher ATK, which just speaks for itself with how that helps.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i believe the generic Scarfed Blaziken set runs at 212..... im using smogon as an example, because I dont think ive ever used a blaziken on a team.....

Scarfed 220 with a neutral nature works better, as to boost your atk / SP atk / both..... and still gives you the advantage over base 120s..... I dunno if you plan on shooting to outrun base 130s..... if your not running a mixed set i suggest outrunning 130s, but if your mixed (best sets IMO), just take outpacing 120s.

In UU you shouldnt run mixed, as you need to outpace Swellow @ 125.

c3gill

Smash Ace
well i'm afraid to use smogon because i'm afraid it will mess up my laptop
smogon is a website, just like this one.

Shoddy battle is the download, and it wont mess up your laptop. Its a simple program.

Ever downloaded a poker program, or something similar? Same thing. no need to worry.

drcossack

Smash Ace
The tip of the day? Click ok and it disappears.

After that, click on Team Builder in the server menu window, then New Team.

woody72691

Smash Ace
yeah whatever a little help here please. i saved it on a file, and when i go and open it this appears

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://shoddybattle.com/client/" href="shoddybattle.jnlp">
- <information>
<title>Shoddy Battle</title>
<vendor>Colin Fitzpatrick & Benjamin Gwin</vendor>
<homepage href="http://shoddybattle.com" />
<description kind="short">An extensible Pokemon simulator</description>
<description>A pokemon simulator that is free as in freedom</description>
- <shortcut online="true">
<desktop />
<menu />
</shortcut>
<icon href="http://shoddybattle.com/client/icon.gif" width="64" height="64" />
</information>