• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You could always try using Thief on the Bagon/Horsea/Dratini. I got 5 Dragonscales that way.

I kept getting them and decided to stop, what would I do with all the Dragonscales? o.o

zrky

Smash Lol'd
You could always try using Thief on the Bagon/Horsea/Dratini. I got 5 Dragonscales that way.

I kept getting them and decided to stop, what would I do with all the Dragonscales? o.o
Or you could get a bannet with frisk, that way you don't even have to attack, I think that's how I got magmarizer and electrizer

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have a few questions here.

Can I completely EV purg my pokemon with the right berries? as in take all ev's down to zero.(yeah I am ev traing when my pokes are lv90+lol)

Also, what is the effect of Protien,calsium,ect.. on my EV's? Does it rais it by one EV or what?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I have a few questions here.

Can I completely EV purg my pokemon with the right berries? as in take all ev's down to zero.(yeah I am ev traing when my pokes are lv90+lol)

Also, what is the effect of Protien,calsium,ect.. on my EV's? Does it rais it by one EV or what?
Idon't know about the EV decreasing, but the medicine(Zinc,Calcium,etc...) will raise your EVs by 10, but you can only give your pokemon 10 medicines

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Adding to ^, when you use the berry and it says "It had no effect" or something like that, all EVs are gone in the respective stat. The berries can be used infinitely.
Also, using medicenes (or drugs) will give 10 EVs in its respective stat. However you can only use 10.
(What zrky said) Adding up to a grand total of 100.

Also, I suggest that if those Pokemon aren't the right natures or if their IVs or too low, that you rebreed them. (Just a suggestion)

EDIT:
Or you could get a bannet with frisk, that way you don't even have to attack, I think that's how I got magmarizer and electrizer
He's playing Ruby. Frisk doesn't exist yet.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Azumarill*shiny*-Timid(Unfortunately)-Lvl 26(freshly caught)
Ambipom*Naive*-Ev'd-No fake out-Lvl 51 female
Azelf*Japanese*Lvl 50-Lax
Cresselia-Lvl 50-Lax
I can spread Pokerus on any, but that would up the value.^_^
Interests: Manaphy - Celebi - Raikou(timid and fresh)- Chikorita Lvl1(bold[Shiny?])- Mew
PM some offers(doesn't need to be what I showed)if interested. They need to be legit!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Another question for mah Ruby water challenge:

This is my planned team:
~Swampert
~Gyarados
~Lanturn
~Starmie
~Walrein
~Sharpedo / Crawdaunt.

IDK which to choose, Sharpedo or Crawdaunt. Keep in mind this is just a monotype challenge to beat the E4...not for competitive battling. (Otherwise I would've posted this in the RR)

Also keep in mind that this is Ruby. Thanks.

-Ter

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
What exactly does'Me First' do? I'm plannig to use it against Outraged Chomps to hit them with a 200+ power, super-effective Me Fist, but I'm sure how the move works.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What exactly does'Me First' do? I'm plannig to use it against Outraged Chomps to hit them with a 200+ power, super-effective Me Fist, but I'm sure how the move works.
According to Serebii...Me First allows your Pokemon to strike first with whatever the opponent's Pokemon is using @ 1.5 power.

For example:

Absol vs. Garchomp
Let's say Chomp uses Outrage.
Absol uses Me First.
Absol would be striking Chomp first with a SE Outrage. (Plus the 1.5 boost)

Now if someone could answer my question please. :)

-Ter

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I'm not sure that's how it works, if it did, then it would be seeing a lot more action. I believe Me First only works if the Pokemon using it is faster than the opponent. So in ^ situation, Absol=PWNed. Also, choosing a team to beat the elite four should just be a personal preference.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
For battling Yes I agree Smogon kicks Serebii's ***. Serebii is a great site though, extremely helpful front page and dex, they have a very nice community, and the trading forums are really nice for shinies, events, and collecting w/e you feel like really.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Another question for mah Ruby water challenge:

This is my planned team:
~Swampert
~Gyarados
~Lanturn
~Starmie
~Walrein
~Sharpedo / Crawdaunt.

IDK which to choose, Sharpedo or Crawdaunt. Keep in mind this is just a monotype challenge to beat the E4...not for competitive battling. (Otherwise I would've posted this in the RR)

Also keep in mind that this is Ruby. Thanks.

-Ter
I'd say Sharpedo. It's faster, and getting out-sped in 1p mode is really annoying. Plus, the Defense difference doesn't matter too much as avoiding hits through a swap is pretty easy.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I would say Sharpedo also. Speed>Defense.

@ The EV question.

You can't use a vitamin 10 times. You can only use a vitamin until you have 100 or more EVs. This is the part that confuses me. If you have 92 EVs, would the vitamin work or fail?

@ Me First:
Smogon said:
If the target selects a damaging attack and the user moves first, the user will use the target's move at 1.5x power. STAB is decided by the Me First user's types. Me First cannot target the user's partner in a double battle. In a double battle, a replicated move with a single target targets a random opponent.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
a new question
what happens when both pokemon use focus punch?
Simple. The faster one strikes first.

For example: MachampA with 252 speed EV's vs. MachampB with no speed EV's.

MachampA is tightening its focus!
MachampB is tightening its focus!
MachampA used Focus Punch!
MachampB lost focus and couldn't move!

-Ter

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Simple. The faster one strikes first.

For example: MachampA with 252 speed EV's vs. MachampB with no speed EV's.

MachampA is tightening its focus!
MachampB is tightening its focus!
MachampA used Focus Punch!
MachampB lost focus and couldn't move!

-Ter
hmm thats what i thought, kay thx

Feben

Smash Cadet
Another question: what is the best way to trap an opponent? I mean, to make it for the opponent impossible to switch. When you do mean look, it only works when you don't switch. And when you do an attack like wrap the opponent can't switch 2-5 turns. But i´m looking for some kind of way to do an attack to trap the opponent, and switch to another pokemon, without any limit of turns. Is that possible? If not, what is the best way to do something like that?

ss118

Smash Master
The best way I can see is bring something like Choice Scarf Scizor against a weakened opponent and use U-Turn. If they stay in, they die, but if they switch, they can go to an appropriate counter.

Or you could read my most recent thread on "trapping" the opponent to get your answer.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Another question: what is the best way to trap an opponent? I mean, to make it for the opponent to switch. When you do mean look, it only works when you don't switch. And when you do an attack like wrap the opponent can't switch 2-5 turns. But i´m looking for some kind of way to do an attack to trap the opponent, and switch to another pokemon, without any limit of turns. Is that possible? If not, what is the best way to do something like that?
You can baton pass the mean look.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Use Wobbuffet. Shadow Tag prevents switching. At least until a Pokemon with Trace comes in. But only 2 pokes have that: Gardevoir and Porygon2. U-Turn and Baton Pass will still allow the foe to switch, though. A Shed Shell, although even rarer, will also allow the foe to switch.

Feben

Smash Cadet
I know;) Well, let's say. My first pokemon is a Golbat (for example). I do mean look. Now the opponent can't switch. The opponent does dragon dance for example. Then I switch, and choose Charizard. Now the opponent is able to switch. That's not what I want. What I would like to know, is there a way to prevent the opponent from switching after I chose another pokemon? I can do an attack like wrap, but it only prevents the opponent from switching for 2-5 turns. If not, what is the best way to do something like that?

Feben

Smash Cadet
Wel, that's not a bad idea. A pokemon with an ability to trap the opponent (like area trap, since wobbu is not allowed)... hmm, well, maybe i can use that one. Thanks.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Baton Pass Mean Look is the best way to trap something and counter it, but I know BP Mean Look has become more of a gimmick then an actual competitive strategy. Anyway, if you want to try it out, Umbreon might be your best bet (right guys?).

Feben

Smash Cadet
You're right about Umbreon, but that's not what i was looking for. Please, read my post again ;) I want to trap the opponent, but switch too. But when I do that, the opponent can switch too. Jigglypuff8 had a better idea.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
In GSC and RBY, is it really possible to max the stats of your pokemon regardless of their DV/IVs?
This is not true. EVs could be maxed in all stats, but IVs still existed. A Pokemon with crappy IVs will be inferior.

You're right about Umbreon, but that's not what i was looking for. Please, read my post again ;) I want to trap the opponent, but switch too. But when I do that, the opponent can switch too. Jigglypuff8 had a better idea.
You don't seem to understand. Your opponent will not be able to switch. Baton Pass keeps all effects in place, including stat changes, leech seed, and trapping moves. If you Mean Look something and then Baton Pass, the Mean Look will still be in place. If you mean actually switching Pokemon instead of using Baton Pass, there is no way to keep a trapping move in effect (U-Turn is the same thing). If you did want to Baton Pass a trapping, then your best bet is probably Umbreon. Smeargle has an advantage in having access to Spore as well, and Absol has a monstrous base attack for emergencies, both of which may come in handy, though. Ariados is just garbage. Don't bother with that.

Something else you can do is use Mean Look with Crobat. Crobat forces switches often, so bring Crobat in on something that you know will switch out (e.g. a choiced Ground/Fighting/Bug attack) and Mean Look the switch in. Follow with Hypnosis to put them to sleep, and then U-Turn to something like Dugtrio, whose ability will continue trapping the sleeping target. This works nicely, because many of the things that switch into Crobat are Steel types like Jirachi, Metagross, Magnezone, Heatran, and Lucario, all of which Dugtrio can destroy easily, especially if they're asleep. If the opponent is Steel, Magnezone can work in the same way as well. Magnezone also boasts being able to kill Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong easily, three common switch-ins for Crobat as well.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Can someone copy&paste for me a good eeveelution team? Preferably from Smogon, but certainly a Baton passing team. I would like it to be:

Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
Espeon
Umbreon
Leafeon

Although I'll probably sub out Leafeon for a Smeargle lead. But go ahead and post the eeveelution team, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
What do you guys think about this(never used him, so no clue what standard set is..[though, it can't be too much different >_>])?

Porygon-Z @Focus Sash(?)
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Modest/Timid
Ev's: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
Tri-Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt/Nasty Plot
HP[Fighting]/Nasty Plot

~What spread of IV's do you need for HP fighting?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If anybody wants some Pokerus, just ask me. I got a Japanese Pokerus'd Toxicroak over GTS. Lucky me.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Quick question! How hard would it be to get a Shaymin in a trade? I know it'll be just about impossible for me to get it the normal way, since that would mean visiting one of those obscure "events" and getting an item transferred there...
So, the nature of Pokemon like Shaymin dictates that there's a limited amount of them, yes? So would it be next to impossible to get one via trade?

I'm asking because I don't actually own a DS or one of the respective Pokemon games yet. I'm just really looking forward to it and already making up battle teams and crap. And I like Shaymin. So there! Also. I'll be getting Pokemon Platinum, which I hear has a different "Forme" for Shaymin. Will it still be possible for me to get the original Ground Forme?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well you would need to know someone who has a Shaymin and is willing to trade with you. Last few events had been at any Toys R' Us store, so the next event should have one next year. It's not impossible to get Shaymin via trade. It would be like saying you can only have one Mewtwo on a game.

On Platinum, it will be in its land form. It only changes to its sky form when you use a special key item. However, it only stays in that form during the day while in your party. If you put it in a box or it becomes night, Shaymin will revert back to land form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom