• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemafia: Safari Zoned: Six Pokeballs In Hand (END) Wild Pokemon Win

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And wow Goldie went through that entire song and dance of being pissed at me if I was lying only not to follow up on his master plan.

That's the funniest thing to me about this game lmao!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't even wanna think about the possibility of someone flipping and forcing a 5/5 vote

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Holy **** if Swamp didn't show up we would have lost? Damn that would be the worst outcome.
That was the plan, anyway. The cult was Opossum as the leader, plus me/Natz, Shish, Maven, and Golden. We were pretty much relying on Swamp not showing up before the deadline, too bad some of ours also didn't appear. :p

(Not that I am blaming them or anything, I understand that real-life stuff can get in the way and is more important than some internet game.)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Good guys win!

:ultpokemontrainer:

^ Boo this man!

D

Deleted member

Late results are one thing but announcing them in the thread is basically confirmation of a role and shouldn't be done. Ever.
And then there are some issues with the Trainer's roles you'll all see in postgame.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That was the plan, anyway. The cult was Opossum as the leader, plus me/Natz, Shish, Maven, and Golden. We were pretty much relying on Swamp not showing up before the deadline, too bad some of ours also didn't appear. :p

(Not that I am blaming them or anything, I understand that real-life stuff can get in the way and is more important than some internet game.)
Well then bad luck played a part for both sides lol.

D

Deleted member

And wow Goldie went through that entire song and dance of being pissed at me if I was lying only not to follow up on his master plan.

That's the funniest thing to me about this game lmao!
....glad at least you have some joy in my sheer incompetence.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I take it you guys are referring to this post?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm dead but this game wasn't badly hosted? Or at least, I don't see it? :confused:
- Not giving basic flavor information for the alignments which ended up costing Shiny his life
- I got Day One Patched where, after I confirmed my role, I actually got nerfed
- Things went on behind the scenes regarding tiebreaker scenarios not making any sense
- The lack of night phase making no sense here, which over complicated things like the rocks and seemed more like it was to keep praline from reading too many PMs than actual balance
- The absolute BS that was praline confirming your role in the thread and incriminating me because of it

The whole thing was just poorly put together, honestly, and a total letdown from the first PokéMafia.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So... We won? I want to see what the hell is up with the setup, this was really confusing and didn't encourage me to play tbh.

Being Spanish I find this picture really fun lmao, don't know if any other would understand it though

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Late results are one thing but announcing them in the thread is basically confirmation of a role and shouldn't be done. Ever.
And then there are some issues with the Trainer's roles you'll all see in postgame.
Oh no

Announcing them in the thread is one thing that DEFINITELY should've been done and I'm glad it was

Back in FEH1 I asked right away N1 if I could share the quotes I lie detected, and Opo said no

Asked again like D5 or D6 and he suddenly said yes???? But with no confirmation it just looked like I backtracked and even praline and Wolfie said it was the one thing that made them lynch me. Despite getting a bingo I got killed.

In thread confirmation was a must.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Nope.

Always announce. Because otherwise the player who received the results is seen as backtracking. This has gotten people lynched before, and is much less fair, because it's outside that player's control.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
....glad at least you have some joy in my sheer incompetence.
Well I felt horrible after your post and I really wanted to prove to you that I wasn't a cultist. Kinda bummed that you were. But at the same time it was hilarious AF lol.

D

Deleted member

By the way, Ura.

I'm fairly certain that you realized I wasn't a cop, so thanks for covering for me! And sorry that I ever doubted your extremely clutch Opo catch.
I'm honestly surprised Crusher didn't try to counter your claim considering you said he was Cult

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Autocorrect turned Ura into your.

D

Deleted member

Oh no

Announcing them in the thread is one thing that DEFINITELY should've been done and I'm glad it was

Back in FEH1 I asked right away N1 if I could share the quotes I lie detected, and Opo said no

Asked again like D5 or D6 and he suddenly said yes???? But with no confirmation it just looked like I backtracked and even praline and Wolfie said it was the one thing that made them lynch me. Despite getting a bingo I got killed.

In thread confirmation was a must.
Nope.

Always announce. Because otherwise the player who received the results is seen as backtracking. This has gotten people lynched before, and is much less fair, because it's outside that player's control.
No, they really shouldn't, it's confirmation from the host's part and that should NOT be a thing. You don't fix a mistake with a other mistake.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh hey, I'm here. Sup dudes.

I wasn't supposed to be here, but, well, I'm here, so I'll post the flavor.

*ahem*

Give me a few minutes while I whip this up.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
No, they really shouldn't, it's confirmation from the host's part and that should NOT be a thing. You don't fix a mistake with a other mistake.
It's not fair to the player who bingo'd the scum though

I'm sure that if you were Ura or if you were me you'd want that confirmation, because I lost without it. But because you were on the verge of winning, you can't see how unfair it would be to Ura if there was no confirmation.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man I literally picked Opo on a whim at the end of Day 4 because I got scum vibes off him. I didn't have any solid, concrete reason for it. I just had a feeling and it turned out true lol.
Gonna just....go blow my brains out, I guess.
Dude no need for that attitude. I was just joking about the whole thing. Your ploy, admittedly was brilliant and had me second guessing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Regardless of how the votes go, non-alcoholic drinks are on me tonight since I feel like buying.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
All she did was confirm results were sent late. She didn't say who the results were sent to, or what they were.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
When I heard that there was a missed PM from the mod, I immediately assumed that it was a cult recruit PM that praline forgot to send. And when Ura claimed that the missed PM was his, I (secretly) doubted the heck out of Ura at that point, thinking that he was taking advantage of inside cult knowledge. I only stuck with the Opo lynch because it was the only shot at a cult leader lynch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man I literally picked Opo on a whim at the end of Day 4 because I got scum vibes off him. I didn't have any solid, concrete reason for it. I just had a feeling and it turned out true lol.

Dude no need for that attitude. I was just joking about the whole thing. Your ploy, admittedly was brilliant and had me second guessing.
Dude you were literally rubbing your win in his face like two posts ago.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ok I’m home. I’ll re read the last couple pages and do the role pms.

Or maybe someone can tell me who has the most votes? lol

D

Deleted member

It's not fair to the player who bingo'd the scum though

I'm sure that if you were Ura or if you were me you'd want that confirmation, because I lost without it. But because you were on the verge of winning, you can't see how unfair it would be to Ura if there was no confirmation.
And it's not fair to the scum who can't counter the claims when there's host confirmation. And most of the time, it's not even about "bingoing a scum", sometimes a player just gets their role confirmed because of it. Again, you don't fix a mistake with another mistake, it's choosing to punish players unrelated to the situation over another. It's host-interference.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just want to see the part of the scum PM where everyone finds out i'm the tracker and they all **** themselves lmao!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dude you were literally rubbing your win in his face like two posts ago.
I had no mean-spirited intentions in saying that. It was supposed to be a thing where we all laugh like when I **** up I don't mind others having amusement in that.

Goldie played great and I want him to know that.

D

Deleted member

- Not giving basic flavor information for the alignments which ended up costing Shiny his life
- I got Day One Patched where, after I confirmed my role, I actually got nerfed
- Things went on behind the scenes regarding tiebreaker scenarios not making any sense
- The lack of night phase making no sense here, which over complicated things like the rocks and seemed more like it was to keep praline from reading too many PMs than actual balance
- The absolute BS that was praline confirming your role in the thread and incriminating me because of it

The whole thing was just poorly put together, honestly, and a total letdown from the first PokéMafia.
I agree one hundred percent.

Also, for now on, I think people should write what alignments we are no matter what. My win condition made me look like a third party.

At least this was just a spinoff.

D

Deleted member

I know some are salty, but at least praline tried her best.

Lets not shame praline too much. :p

Although I agree with Opossum that this game could of been handled much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom