• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemafia: Safari Zoned: Six Pokeballs In Hand (END) Wild Pokemon Win

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm just really concerned about Golden. I'm going to hate myself for this.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
- Not giving basic flavor information for the alignments which ended up costing Shiny his life
- I got Day One Patched where, after I confirmed my role, I actually got nerfed
- Things went on behind the scenes regarding tiebreaker scenarios not making any sense
- The lack of night phase making no sense here, which over complicated things like the rocks and seemed more like it was to keep praline from reading too many PMs than actual balance
- The absolute BS that was praline confirming your role in the thread and incriminating me because of it

The whole thing was just poorly put together, honestly, and a total letdown from the first PokéMafia.
Re: Tiebreakers

The tie breaker rules had been established by the two previous ties. Changing them for your tie vote strategy would have been the wrong option.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You mean to tell me THIS

isn't a sign of being a bad host?
That's not bad hosting, it's the last phase and the flavor is already late, why comb through the thread when someone must've already counted up all the votes?

I don't really like fighting so I apologize if I came off strong, Opo (and also Shish). Sorry! :^( But praline worked really hard on this game and this is her first time hosting solo, mistakes are bound to happen. Throwing her under the bus ignores how much effort she really put in the game. Not only that but a lot the decisions she turned to the spectators.

I don't want to take this any further and risk hurting any feelings, agree to disagree?

D

Deleted member

Okay, the lack of night thing bugged me.
For now on, can we please have night phases?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly opo you're just kind of being rude now.
Telling me I'm "one to talk" for expressing legitimate concerns is fine, but calling out said concerns isn't? Hosts should be able to handle criticism.

This game as a whole seemed incredibly slapped together with little thought put into it, and with rulings being made seemingly on the fly, as people will be able to see in the cult PM. Lazy or bad hosting is absolutely something I will call out, because otherwise it will never be improved. It's the main reason I didn't play Thrones Mafia: I didn't like the way the host's first game was handled at all, and from what some folks said, the game didn't go so well either, though that's going off of people who played it.

Everything should be ironed out long before the role PMs are sent out.

D

Deleted member

@ tiebreakers
Ura's vote would have counted because it wouldn't be the same phase anymore but actions would only go through after the tiebreaker was over. This is outright inconsistent.

D

Deleted member

If there is already a lot of salt in this game, than my game is going to be filled with even more salt than Thrones and this Pokemafia Spinoff combined.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

*an hour later*

Man.... where did that kid go? I’m not waiting any longer. I’m gonna go find him.

Hey there you are! There are better places to nap then on the ground! Let’s take you home. You’re mother is probably worried about you.

You are the trainer! You finally are old enough to get your own pokemon! But Professor Oak didn’t have any... so you’re venting you’re frustration by catching as many pokemon as you can!

Abilities:
Poké Ball: catch a pokemon
Master Ball: one unblockable and undetectable catch
Dive Ball: one catch that if fails next phase you can’t be targeted by abilities
Repeat Ball: one catch that can be used alongside a regular pokeball
Net Ball: one catch that if fails roleblocks the target.
Rock: Angers a pokemon, they can not vote or use abilities the next day phase. Can be used along side any pokeball. Unless you use a repeat ball.

(The regular pokeball and rock have infinite uses, every other ball has 1 use.)
WIN BY HAVING MORE CAPTURED POKEMON PLUS YOU THAN NON-CAPTURED POKÉMON

OPOSSUM WAS THE TRAINER, THE WILD POKEMON WIN.

D

Deleted member

*an hour later*

Man.... where did that kid go? I’m not waiting any longer. I’m gonna go find him.

Hey there you are! There are better places to nap then on the ground! Let’s take you home. You’re mother is probably worried about you.

You are the trainer! You finally are old enough to get your own pokemon! But Professor Oak didn’t have any... so you’re venting you’re frustration by catching as many pokemon as you can!

Abilities:
Dive Ball: one catch that if fails next phase you can’t be targeted by abilities
Rock: Angers a pokemon, they can not vote or use abilities the next day phase. Can be used along side any pokeball. Unless you use a repeat ball.

Plot Twist: I am the trainer's mom.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Oh man, that's great. You actually blacked out after you had caught so many strong and powerful Pokemon! That's what you get when you don't collect gym badges, your Pokemon won't listen to you! If you had collected more gym badges, perhaps they would have followed your commands in that last battle. Smell ya later, loser!

Soon after Gary left, a Wild Snorlax randomly body slammed him.

~THE END~

D

Deleted member

I can't believe we dragged Swamo into a loss lol
Should have targetted Ura or Nabe just for the :salt:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Okay Golden replied to me. Everything is fine now.

*an hour later*

Abilities:

One lucky guess ends up winning the entire game for town lol.

That was the most clutch thing i've ever done in a Mafia game ever. :shades:

Of course Opo and friends did there best to get out of the sticky situation.

D

Deleted member

Hot take: There should’ve been two trainers. Rivals and all.
That means that more Pokemon would need better powers.
Telling me I'm "one to talk" for expressing legitimate concerns is fine, but calling out said concerns isn't? Hosts should be able to handle criticism.

This game as a whole seemed incredibly slapped together with little thought put into it, and with rulings being made seemingly on the fly, as people will be able to see in the cult PM. Lazy or bad hosting is absolutely something I will call out, because otherwise it will never be improved. It's the main reason I didn't play Thrones Mafia: I didn't like the way the host's first game was handled at all, and from what some folks said, the game didn't go so well either, though that's going off of people who played it.

Everything should be ironed out long before the role PMs are sent out.
I understand why you would call out lazy hosting. Mafia games should have a lot of effort put into them.

White's Thrones mafia was not that lazy, but it was heavily unbalanced.

My question was did you avoid my game because you feared my bad hosting skills or were you busy?

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Holy. ****ing. ****. Not only did I survive this one, we literally won

And I was the one to nearly bring up the suggestion of forcing a tie between Opo and Nabe just to see the climax conclusion right when I came back.

Glad I didn't

Crusher I don't know you but mad respect for the Hali ford and the Wentworth gifs.
Thank you! Surprised to see another Survivor fan on here :)

If there is already a lot of salt in this game, than my game is going to be filled with even more salt than Thrones and this Pokemafia Spinoff combined.
Suggest that you'd get a co-host and iron out all the details before it becomes a three peat.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Good now everyone get in the ****ing graveyard pm so you can yell at me and make me feel even more ****ty than I already do. :)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Good now everyone get in the ****ing graveyard pm so you can yell at me and make me feel even more ****ty than I already do. :)
nooooooo praline!!!!!! :( Mistakes were made but this game was still really fun!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That means that more Pokemon would need better powers.

I understand why you would call out lazy hosting. Mafia games should have a lot of effort put into them.

White's Thrones mafia was not that lazy, but it was heavily unbalanced.

My question was did you avoid my game because you feared my bad hosting skills or were you busy?
Nah that one was just burnout lol.

D

Deleted member

This game was an interesting concept.

It just needed to be a bit handled better.
At least you tried. That is all that matters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I really need to follow up what's been going on.

D

Deleted member

Meh, too busy feeling ****ty myself to go after you for anything.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Now I am curious what people thought of my gameplay once I hit the PMs

This will be fun to read

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
@ tiebreakers
Ura's vote would have counted because it wouldn't be the same phase anymore but actions would only go through after the tiebreaker was over. This is outright inconsistent.
Ura's vote would have counted only in the event every single other player voted. There were 5 town, 5 cult, with Ura as the 6th town with no vote. There were only two options here. Either both Nabe and Opo get lynched, and its a game over. Or Ura gets to cast the deciding vote, Opo is lynched, and its a game over. It was extremely extenuating circumstances that would actually have had ZERO effect on the cult's game and would have been there just to give the town a more interesting win.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Meh, too busy feeling ****ty myself to go after you for anything.
Like I said dude, what you did was really smart keeping me guessing. One bad mistake doesn't negate how well you played there.

And hey I made a lot worse mistakes like outing myself in Villains Mafia and my performance in Mario Mafia. It happens but we always rebound and make clutch plays like what I did here.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Golden, those of us here and these games aren't worth getting self-deprecating about. We really aren't worth it. Host or player, we eat mistakes for breakfast and snack on failure in between meals of carelessness.

D

Deleted member

Ura's vote would have counted only in the event every single other player voted. There were 5 town, 5 cult, with Ura as the 6th town with no vote. There were only two options here. Either both Nabe and Opo get lynched, and its a game over. Or Ura gets to cast the deciding vote, Opo is lynched, and its a game over. It was extremely extenuating circumstances that would actually have had ZERO effect on the cult's game and would have been there just to give the town a more interesting win.
It's still inconsistent for effects from one phase to go out but not have new ones take place. This isn't about who would benefit from it, it's about consistency.

Top Bottom