• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I also had Light Screen on my team though.

I think that assistance had something to do with it.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Red is easy.

Just have type advantages and hope you don't get ***** by blizzard and you should be good.
It only took me two tries, but I wasn't expecting him to toss out a level 88 Pika x_x
Then, as mysteriously as he came, he was gone...

*Cue Dramatic music*

A_man13

Smash Master
It only took me two tries, but I wasn't expecting him to toss out a level 88 Pika x_x
Then, as mysteriously as he came, he was gone...

*Cue Dramatic music*
Because obviously that isn't Ash and, even if it was, we all know Pikachu isn't on Roids (or, for all intents and purposes, rare candies) for his apparent strength near the end of each generation but suckiness in the beginning of the following gen. </sarcasm>

I find it weird that the second you beat As-I mean, Red that he mysteriously disappears and Prof. Oak and Steven both want to shower you in rare pokemon. Was red really that scary that they could ONLY give you a starter if you defeated him since, otherwise, he might steel them and start them on the path of Rare candy addiction?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
=D finally taking on E4 with 5 Eved pokemon
Seadra-50
Golem-50
Jirachi-50
Gyarados-50
Charizard-52 (^^)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I underestimated Lance, even with that team he wasn't really a pushover. Doesn't help that Seadra fails hardcore..need a friggin dragon scale. It came down to my charizard and gyara, and his two dnites, I won though XD. But I had to use items... /hatesmyself

Edit: I Eved the Jirachi/Charmander pre-SS. Had to breed the charmander as well.
As for Gyara, it didn't take long, and the golem is shiny, so i couldn't resist. The seadra was a test of seeing how the breeding was in this game, XD
I actually like breeding/eving, go figure.

I've gotta get a heart scale and get charizard air slash, too much stab on him. Lance just laughed at him for having 3 fire moves, lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
O.o I'm in Kanto! Congrats, though. I forgot to include my favorite poke ever in my team, Tyranitar. He was going to be where Golem is, but ... shiny>that. So, I flipped a coin and now I'm breeding Ttars to replace Jirachi, who I'l l level to 100 later. Now my team is all 1/2 gen pokemon, like it should be! Rawr <.<

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Finally, FINALLY beat that ***** Clair Dragon Fondler. Jesus, I think her Kingdra must practice ****ing Clair's Ponytail so that it can **** out Dragon Pulses that could take out a city. No, it's okay, I love being attacked by two blue condom wrappers who like to paralyze me with their parahaxing lubricant and ribbed edges. Oh, don't even get me started on that imitation Dragon, *****ados. Nobody likes him, and just because I don't have an electric move to fry his **** doesn't mean he ain't my *****.

I has Tangrowth :3
I Mukking lold

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lets see my team atm:

Typhlosion lvl 54
Weepinbell lvl 32
Shellder lvl 20 ( I have yet to start training with him)
Murkrow lvl 31
Grimer lvl 31 (lol I guess I'm kinda obligated to get a Muk since I hang out here :p)

I wonder who'll fill up my 6th slot... hmmm... any ideas? I prefer if the Pokemon was found in Kanto though... considering that I DID leave me entire team from Johto in my PC so I can start out fresh.

Also my badges:

Grass/Poison badge (lol I think since some of Erika's pokemon are poison I guess she uses poison as well.)
Electric Badge (yeah... you gotta love the Thunder American XD)
Psychic Badge (God Sabrina is a ***** when all you have is Typhlosion to count on XD)

Btw, how do you turn teh electricity in Kanto back on?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Kanto's safari zone is closed and has been made into Pal Park.

Anyways, anybody know how to restore the power to the power plant?

I beat that Team Rocket guy, but I didn't get anything

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Go to the power plant, then go to misty's gym and beat the rocket guy. Finally i can go back to jhoto to breed...going to storm the kanto fools with Tyranitar...rawr >.>.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God man, seriously, you don't even need to change Pokemon too much. I have a Typhlosion and other than double battles and pokemon catches (I use Weepinbell to put them asleep) I use Typhlosion only

Tacel

Smash Lord
I put my Senter in my PokéWalker when it was level 14. It evolves at level 15. While it was in my PokéWalker, it leveled up to level 15, but it didn't evolve.

WHAT DO I DOOOOOoOOO????

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Level it up to lvl 16 yourself. When pokemon level up in the Pokewalker, they don't evolve when the level up.

Just battle and do it yourself

Mewter

Smash Master
If people are even standing a chance against Red with Pokémon 30 levels lower than him then he must suck a lot.
My Pokemon actually had hardcore item and drug (X Attack for example) usage during the battle, so it turned into a stall game. Ho-Oh was haxed up using items like X Attack/Defense/whatever and revives were used to bring it back in case Red's Pokemon scored some critical hits.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow... thinking about it, I don't think I have a chance against Red now... I mean I have a lvl 55 Typhlosion with a bunch of lvl 30s in my party... I'm a little scared

Mewter

Smash Master
Wow... thinking about it, I don't think I have a chance against Red now... I mean I have a lvl 55 Typhlosion with a bunch of lvl 30s in my party... I'm a little scared
If you can bring in some assistance from your other games, then go for it. Just think of it as:
"But Roacherman needed some help in order to beat Red...
The legendary Sinnoh master, Roacherman, had offered to trade his Dialga, master of time, to Roacherman to defeat the Legendary Red..."

Or something like that. :p

But with the Pokemon you have now, you don't stand a chance at all.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
XD Well thank god I still have about another 5 badges to go till Red, so I can concentrate on leveling up more now.

I just decided who's gonna fill up my 6th slot. I just found a Dome Fossil which will get me a Kabuto in the Pewter Museum which will eventually evolve into Kabutops which is my favorite Fossil Pokemon ^^

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tickles the Zubat - Level 14
Swirly the Poliwhirl - Level 29
Cleopatra the Flaaffy - Level 29
Fireworks the Quilava - Level 30

Preparing to Surf out to Cianwood.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I'd imagine, but I also imagine he doesn't switch to give himself a type advantage. Then again, Ash never was like that. Aim for the Horn!
He actually switched out his Blastoise to Venusaur when I was blasting it with Discharge. >.> It actually helped me a bit though since I spread paralysis to it too LOL. Discharge is too awesome.

I like how Morty's hitting me with every Hypnosis he uses. 60% my ***.
Seriously. >.< I had to use like 3 awakenings in a row one time since he kept sleeping my Pokemon as soon as I woke them. That was the only person I ever lost to (a couple times), aside from Red (once).

I think I should get back to my Zubat run. >.> Byron is going to be such a pain though....

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Tickles the Zubat - Level 14
Swirly the Poliwhirl - Level 29
Cleopatra the Flaaffy - Level 29
Fireworks the Quilava - Level 30

Preparing to Surf out to Cianwood.

-Terywj
Good to see mareep getting used by lots of people :laugh:

he is a class pokemon =p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos are awesome Pokemon who don't get enough luff.

But yeah I'm leveling up the Zubat to a Golbat and eventually Crobat before surfing south.

-Terywj

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Is it me, or do pokemon seem harder to catch in this game?
I feel like they are...

I have Raikou and Entei down in red HP, Raikou's even frozen (I still don't understand how a frozen Pokémon runs all over the place, or even at all), and my Quick Balls have done NOTHING. They don't even shake once before escaping.

Entei also periodically disappears from the map to go god-knows-where, and they seem to leave the route after I run into even one Pokémon aside from them, forcing me to use Repels.

I like how Morty's hitting me with every Hypnosis he uses. 60% my ***.
You should just PP stall him with a normal type so it won't matter if you're asleep.

And seriously the battles into...like...I don't even know what...aren't funny, they're really kind of disgusting...

Progress:

Beat the Radio Tower, made it through Ice Path. Feraligatr's at level 40, I feel fairly prepared for Claire. I'm debating whether or not to replace Ice Fang with Avalanche. I think I'm going to try and level Pidgeotto (and evolve it) to see if I can make use of Twister. I've got nothing else against Kingdra since I have no dragons, so hopefully it'll work. I'm also planning to go and buy a Fire Stone at 12 AM tonight/tomorrow morning (whichever you want to refer to it as) in order to evolve my Vulpix and make it more useful. If all goes according to plan, Pidgeotto will be evolved by then too, and my team will all be at their final form.

Current Levels:

Pidgeotto, Level 34
Feraligatr, Level 40
Umbreon, Level 26 (underleveled due to lack of decent moves)
Vulpix, Level 30
Ampharos, Level 34
Steelix, Level 30

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Ok so my Staryu is tearing up **** ingame. Surf / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Recover. I'm at the Lighthouse and will go fight Chuck afterwards.

Staryu's gonna get a ton of exp from the Swimmers ^_^.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm going on a road trip this weekend, so I'm not going to play much before then since I want to have stuff to do :p

I haven't lost to anyone yet. I think it's because although I have no really strong attackers, I have pokemon like Jumpluff who can be stupid and sleep powder -> leech seed -> headbutt flinch hax. Take that Magnemites.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I haven't lost to anyone either although I was close to being owned by Whitney's Miltank.

I want a Poliwrath to spam Focus Punches, but I don't have a Water Stone yet.

-Terywj

Wrath`

Smash Master
One thing I never did that i promised myself I would do is beat Whitney in ONE try, never happen that Miltank is just to goooooooooodd

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What is her Miltank's last move anyway? I know Attract / Milk Drink / Stomp, but she never used more than those 3 moves on me. Is it Rollout?

-Terywj

Top Bottom