• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
No =/

They got rid of Kris' blue overhead. My favorite color, gone!

But really, she kind of has a hat that might make me think of Blue from the manga (or FR/LG), so it's worth it in the end.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Serebii said:
It also appears there is an event in the game that utilises the Pikachu Coloured Pichu, that you obtain by pre-ordering your ticket from the 12th movie, within the game at Ilex Forest, featuring the Notched Ear Pichu as well. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to come back.
Ok, ok, shut up, I get it >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just because it's Ilex Forest, and they are next to the shrine to Celebi doesn't mean anything.........
It probably means you need the shiny pichu to get celebi...

Where do we get this shiny Pichu in America? ....I've never had a Celebi before.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Serebii.net has the Coro Coro scans...

THey replaced Kris with a new girl...
What the hell.

Are you serious? What was wrong with Kris? Why did they feel the need to replace her with yet another girl with a ******** hat?

No seriously, WHAT IS WITH HER HAT?! Why do they fail at fashion sense? Or, are weird hats all the rage
candybar
in Japan or something?

I dunno, the new girl looks alot like Crystal from the manga. In the manga they'll most likely change her hairstyle.
It doesn't look like Kris from the manga, really. It looks MORE like the Kris from the manga than the one from the games, but that doesn't say much.

Skateboard travel...hm, I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it surely seems interesting. Just keep the bike music or else I kill them.

Also from the scans...I think in every single one has a Pokemon trailing behind. I believe in image number 6, that is Kurt's house, and I still see Cyndaquil behind. Of course, another thing of note is that all of the screenshots appear to have the first form, so that doesn't say a whole lot besides that there probably isn't a time limit, e.g. it doesn't stop following you after the Mr. Pokemon errand.

EDIT: One more thing.

Note the object on Gold's wrist and on Kris
fail
's bag. PokeGear anyone? Certainly looks like a flip-phone to me.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I some how get the nagging suspicion that even though Kris is not playable, she still be in the game, as a NPC partner for the player.

Darn nagging gut feelings.

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
when does this game come out? i was just wondering when they were going to announce this. i have to get soul silver this time. i got gold for the gbc. ah the golden years. going to choose chikorita.

who hates dawn from the anime? i do. :x

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
I wanna go with Cyndaquil but..... gotta be loyal to the grass starters. x.o

(Probably gonna go for Typhlosion anyway, who'm I kidding?)
i know, i am going to pick chikorita because when i had gold version i chose cyndaquil and totodile. and because in my diamond version i have infernape and pearl version i have empoleon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Update:

Serebii said:
Also, if you see a release date of September 11th and use of a Skateboard in the game, that news is fake.
And, also according to Serebii, the touch screen is now to be used for the menu as well. Sorta makes sense to me, just so long as we get a PokeGear.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Update:

And, also according to Serebii, the touch screen is now to be used for the menu as well. Sorta makes sense to me, just so long as we get a PokeGear.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Odd, but not surprising. A 9/11 release date might be offensive, but a skateboard seems like a logical move to mix up the formula a little bit. It's a pity though.

I really hope the Gold/Silver berry and Apricot system is brought back. I don't like needing to worry about berries rather than just picking them when it's convenitent, and I liked Apricots.

But thats probably not going to happen.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Odd, but not surprising. A 9/11 release date might be offensive, but a skateboard seems like a logical move to mix up the formula a little bit. It's a pity though.

I really hope the Gold/Silver berry and Apricot system is brought back. I don't like needing to worry about berries rather than just picking them when it's convenitent, and I liked Apricots.

But thats probably not going to happen.
I could see Apricots being brought back in some form. The Pokeballs that it let you get were pretty convenient. You're right about the berry thing, though. They'll probably just change it to the new system; which I don't really like. I enjoyed just running around and grabbing berries when I wanted. T.T

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wanna go with Cyndaquil but..... gotta be loyal to the grass starters. x.o

(Probably gonna go for Typhlosion anyway, who'm I kidding?)
My loyalty is toward the water starters, but hell...I probably will end up picking Typhlosion as well. I don't actually think I have picked Typlosion before anyway, I think I've only started with Feraligatr before

M.K

Level 55
when does this game come out? i was just wondering when they were going to announce this. i have to get soul silver this time. i got gold for the gbc. ah the golden years. going to choose chikorita.

who hates dawn from the anime? i do. :x
There is no release date as of yet except for Winter 2009 for Japan.
Assuming it comes in 2010....in America. [/Yu Gi Oh Abridged]

And, bleh about skateboards not being the mode of transportation <_< That sucksss, I would LOVE a freaking skateboard. Bikes are boaring.

ing

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm very disappointed. They ruined Kris' trainer design in favor of making her look like a hick. Unless Nintendo pulls off some sort of miracle, I may very well avoid getting this.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm very disappointed. They ruined Kris' trainer design in favor of making her look like a hick. Unless Nintendo pulls off some sort of miracle, I may very well avoid getting this.
FirustheHedgehog said:
What the hell.

Are you serious? What was wrong with Kris? Why did they feel the need to replace her with yet another girl with a ******** hat?
My lord, people, how much can you people whine about something as little as a new character?

Kris didn't even HAVE a personality. I don't see why all of you are so attached to her. To be honest I don't see why anyone would possibly feel any more attachment to her than the average person does to the forth Goomba you encounter in Super Mario Bros.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My lord, people, how much can you people whine about something as little as a new character?

Kris didn't even HAVE a personality. I don't see why all of you are so attached to her. To be honest I don't see why anyone would possibly feel any more attachment to her than the average person does to the forth Goomba you encounter in Super Mario Bros.
Hey, I LOVE that 4th goomba...

I even have a model of him hanging in my room.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

I don't think the old design was any better.

The female trainer design was pretty terrible last time too. If it looks good now, I would give that to nostalgia and accustoming yourselves, not to one appearance looking fundamentally better.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Except, the new Kris doesn't even look a thing like the old one. The fourth Goomba in Super Mario Bros. looks no different from any other one. That's not a logical comparison...

No, Kris did not have a personality. But neither did Red. Hey, we should replace him with Lucas. Right? And his team should be Infernape, Torterra, Empoleon, Garchomp, Lucario, Pikachu. Right?

Also, the third and fifth Goomba don't look ******** compared to the fourth one. The new "Kris" does look rather stupid compared to the original one. I mean seriously, Serris has a point. She looks like a hick. Why the overalls and over-sized hat? She looks stupid, and I'm upset that they replaced the original because her design was superior. By far.

I'm really getting sick of someone complaining because I'm upset over some new feature/change every time a game comes out, to be quite honest. It is my opinion, is it not? So why am I not allowed to have it and express it...? It's not like "OMG, A PIXUHL WUZ CHAYNGD", it's a legitimate complaint.

EDIT: And I've never even played Crystal, don't start telling me it's nostalgia, please...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

I've always been so attached to the first goomba in SMB. I mean, he's the first enemy in the first level of the game, he must know he can't possibly defeat mario, but he still goes out and shambles slowly to the left in an attempt, and I can never bring myself to hurt such a little trooper.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Except, the new Kris doesn't even look a thing like the old one. The fourth Goomba in Super Mario Bros. looks no different from any other one. That's not a logical comparison...

No, Kris did not have a personality. But neither did Red. Hey, we should replace him with Lucas. Right? And his team should be Infernape, Torterra, Empoleon, Garchomp, Lucario, Pikachu. Right? I honestly wouldn't care, because Red isn't really a character. If Red is only the little sprite from RBY, by making him 'Lucas' he wouldn't be Red anymore.

Also, the third and fifth Goomba don't look ******** compared to the fourth one. The new "Kris" does look rather stupid compared to the original one. I mean seriously, Serris has a point. She looks like a hick. Why the overalls and over-sized hat? She looks stupid, and I'm upset that they replaced the original because her design was superior. By far.

I'm really getting sick of someone complaining because I'm upset over some new feature/change every time a game comes out, to be quite honest. It is my opinion, is it not? So why am I not allowed to have it and express it...? It's not like "OMG, A PIXUHL WUZ CHAYNGD", it's a legitimate complaint.

You came off very whiney. If you're going to whine about something as little as a change in character design who wasn't even a real character, I'm going to get annoyed.

EDIT: And I've never even played Crystal, don't start telling me it's nostalgia, please...
Responses in bold.

EDIT: Wow, this is a ******** little arguement. :/

Back on topic: Sunflora's potential to become OU.

Discuss.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Is there any actual proof that this new chick even is Kris other than the moderately similar hairstyle?

And firus, if it isn't nostalgia making you say this **** than you're just ******** so you might want to just say it's nostalgia :laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I wasn't whining, Zook, I don't whine.

Is there any actual proof that this new chick even is Kris other than the moderately similar hairstyle?
We don't know whether or not it is her or not. Either way, she was the female character from 2nd gen, and she has been replaced, because we know Crystal isn't happening as far as remakes go. Even though Nintendo could make a lot of money off of making a remake of it AND it would actually appeal to the fans.

And firus, if it isn't nostalgia making you say this **** than you're just ******** so you might want to just say it's nostalgia :laugh:
Uh...why am I ******** for disliking a character? -_-

Seriously, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I've always been so attached to the first goomba in SMB. I mean, he's the first enemy in the first level of the game, he must know he can't possibly defeat mario, but he still goes out and shambles slowly to the left in an attempt, and I can never bring myself to hurt such a little trooper.
Ive been defeated many a time by that little blighter >.<
What Tamoo said. Don't underestimate the first Goomba:

The club for people who have died to the first Goomba

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
been replaced, because we know Crystal isn't happening as far as remakes go. Even though Nintendo could make a lot of money off of making a remake of it AND it would actually appeal to the fans.
What would be the point though?

I'd rather just have heartgold and soulsilver include all the extras that crystal had rather then buying a completely new game just for some extra features that have already been invented and should have been in the past games.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I wasn't whining, Zook, I don't whine.

We don't know whether or not it is her or not. Either way, she was the female character from 2nd gen, and she has been replaced, because we know Crystal isn't happening as far as remakes go. Even though Nintendo could make a lot of money off of making a remake of it AND it would actually appeal to the fans.

Uh...why am I ******** for disliking a character? -_-

Seriously, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
Crystal was never in Gold/Silver was she? She can't be replaced if she never existed in the first place.

And it's ******** because 1: it's not Kris and she wasn't replaced and 2: because you're arguing rather emotionally about ****ing Goombas.

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
i cant wait for this to come out :)
i cant wait for this to come out either, but how come they cant improve something on this game from diamond and pearl. when r they going to add real time battle, or incorporate the microphone like to say the attacks or whatever.

like i think the pokemon games r great but after like the second gym the battles do start to get boring after a while? any comments?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i am easy to please, so they could just straight remake g/s and i woudlnt be sad lol. also i never find pokemon boring, i have something like 2000 hours combined on my colored versions alone LOL

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
i am easy to please, so they could just straight remake g/s and i woudlnt be sad lol. also i never find pokemon boring, i have something like 2000 hours combined on my colored versions alone LOL
ok, i dont get bored with pokemon, but it is just that dont the battles every become repetitive for u, i mean i hate the fishermen that just have per magikarps.

die magikarp die, but then again gyarados is cool.

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
lol the magikarp battles are only annoying to me cause they give crap for exp and even worse for money.
i know lol. and the worst part is that they usually have like 5 magikarps. other trainers that i find annoying r the bugcatchers that only have wurmple, or caterpie.

and i dont like the geodudes that use explosion. lol

Top Bottom