• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Thyphlosion is the better choice, especially since you beat off most gyms easier. If you hate pesky water types, you can learn thunder punch...! :) If you don't care so much about your stats it's a good choice. But in general, special moves are a little more recommended. In that sense Feraligatr is a much better choice!
Well, now since Thunderpunch is a physical move, Typhlosion won't have much power behind it.

Your best hope is HP with Elec or grass!

IMO, Red Gyarados tha shiz!!!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Holy 'oly 'oly mackerel.

So guys, I had a dream last night that there were supposedly 19 Pokemon games released, and that Nintendo would release a special 20th game that would be the quintessential Pokemon game - incredibly expansive and full of content.

Well I just looked up how many games there were, and there are in fact 19:

1. Red (JP)
2. Green (JP)
3. Blue (JP)
4. Red (NA)
5. Blue (NA)
6. Yellow
7. Gold
8. Silver
9. Crystal
10. Ruby
11. Sapphire
12. Emerald
13. FireRed
14. LeafGreen
15. Diamond
16. Pearl
17. Platinum
18. HeartGold
19. SoulSilver
20. BINGO!

I guess I counted them while sleeping, because I've never done so consciously before.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Holy 'oly 'oly mackerel.

So guys, I had a dream last night that there were supposedly 19 Pokemon games released, and that Nintendo would release a special 20th game that would be the quintessential Pokemon game - incredibly expansive and full of content.

1. Red (JP)
2. Green (JP)
3. Blue (JP)
4. Red (NA)
5. Blue (NA)
6. Yellow
7. Gold
8. Silver
9. Crystal
10. Ruby
11. Sapphire
12. Emerald
13. FireRed
14. LeafGreen
15. Diamond
16. Pearl
17. Platinum
18. HeartGold
19. SoulSilver
20. BINGO!

I guess I counted them while sleeping, because I've never done so consciously before.
Was Japanese R/B different than the North American addition?

M.K

Level 55
Was Japanese R/B different than the North American addition?
Japan:
Original Games - Red And Green
3rd Edition Game - Blue
4th Game - Yellow

North America:
Original Games - Red and Blue
3rd Edition Game - Yellow
4th Game - None

Mewter

Smash Master

1. Red (JP)
2. Green (JP)
3. Blue (JP)
4. Red (NA)
5. Blue (NA)
6. Yellow
7. Gold
8. Silver
9. Crystal
10. Ruby
11. Sapphire
12. Emerald
13. FireRed
14. LeafGreen
15. Diamond
16. Pearl
17. Platinum
18. HeartGold
19. SoulSilver
20. BINGO!

Wait a minute. Why are the JP versions of red, green, and blue separate from the American versions?

Plus, I'm not sure Nintendo invented BINGO!:ohwell:

M.K

Level 55
Holy 'oly 'oly mackerel.

1. Red (JP)
2. Green (JP)
3. Blue (JP)
4. Red (NA)
5. Blue (NA)
6. Yellow
7. Gold
8. Silver
9. Crystal
10. Ruby
11. Sapphire
12. Emerald
13. FireRed
14. LeafGreen
15. Diamond
16. Pearl
17. Platinum
18. HeartGold
19. SoulSilver
20. BINGO!
Don't get excited, your list is mostly wrong.
First of all, if you were going to count the JP versions of the originals, you would have to count the JP versions of all of the generation games, making the list 33 games strong, far away from your 20 game list. The correct number of original games is only 17, since Red (NA) and Blue (NA) are the same as Red (JP) and Blue (JP).

But for actual on-topic material:

What do you guys think about including all of these extra legendaries? If the rumors are true, Groudon/Kyogre/Lati@s/Mewtwo will all be available in addition to the original Johto legendaries (Ho-oh/Lugia/Entei/Raikou/Suicune).
Which begs the question, will they ACTUALLY include Celebi?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Holy 'oly 'oly mackerel.

1. Red (JP)
2. Green (JP)
3. Blue (JP)
4. Red (NA)
5. Blue (NA)
6. Yellow
7. Gold
8. Silver
9. Crystal
10. Ruby
11. Sapphire
12. Emerald
13. FireRed
14. LeafGreen
15. Diamond
16. Pearl
17. Platinum
18. HeartGold
19. SoulSilver
20. BINGO!

What, no spinoff love?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He really cant. im currently playing through crystal again! ^__^
I'm not talking about the original gold and silver...

In recent games, Feraligatr CAN be taught Waterfall, and it's a recommended move to teach Feraligatr

harig07

Smash Rookie
WOOHOO!!!! I've been playing the Shiny Gold hack for AGES. I even remember when I bought Crystal. Now all we have to do is wait a year and a half...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Don't get excited, your list is mostly wrong.
First of all, if you were going to count the JP versions of the originals, you would have to count the JP versions of all of the generation games, making the list 33 games strong, far away from your 20 game list. The correct number of original games is only 17, since Red (NA) and Blue (NA) are the same as Red (JP) and Blue (JP).
WRONG

Japanese Red and Green actually have different (crappier) graphics then Red and Blue, and the Unknown Dungeon layout was different.

Blue was later released in Japan with the updated graphix that we got ^_^

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
WRONG

Japanese Red and Green actually have different (crappier) graphics then Red and Blue, and the Unknown Dungeon layout was different.

Blue was later released in Japan with the updated graphix that we got ^_^
Hey, it's true.

However, JP Blue and NA Blue should count as the same game, which throws the list off.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
And that's why Australians always import - we won't be getting it until even later I reckon. Probably our spring at best.

Mewter

Smash Master
The commercial was a little silly, but that doesn't defeat the aweseomeness that is HG and SS!
They should have made Ho-Oh more cool. :laugh:

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
*sigh*

Of course it's spring 2010. Always takes like half of a year to come out in america. Can't ever release this for christmas can they???

/rant

Still, uber hype!!!

M.K

Level 55
*sigh*

Of course it's spring 2010. Always takes like half of a year to come out in america. Can't ever release this for christmas can they???

/rant

Still, uber hype!!!
The localization process takes a while, it would be a miracle if they could get it out by Christmas.
Of course, we aren't talking April or May, but maybe somewhere like February-March.
As I recall, localization only takes about 6 months.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
The localization process takes a while, it would be a miracle if they could get it out by Christmas.
Of course, we aren't talking April or May, but maybe somewhere like February-March.
As I recall, localization only takes about 6 months.
But considering the release date to announce date in japan, these have been done for months. They just hate americans.

I know localization takes awhile, but these games have been done for forever. They only announced them like 3 months ago.

Yeah, I'm just diassappointed. Igonre me.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It is strange that the Pokemon games recently is on Spring, lol. Oh well, I can legally get the god of all Pokemon soon since the movie is coming soon after the game I believe.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It is strange that the Pokemon games recently is on Spring, lol. Oh well, I can legally get the god of all Pokemon soon since the movie is coming soon after the game I believe.
Have they announced an offical Arceus release date yet? I didn't think they did.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
2010 can't come soon enough. So many good games are going to be coming out.

The new trailer looked really good. Can't wait till we get closer to release and a flood of news comes.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
This game is going to be great. I remember I heard rumors about Mewtwo being in the game. Wonder if there will be any news on that soon.

§leepy God

Smash Master
2010 can't come soon enough. So many good games are going to be coming out.

-:bowser:Bowser King
For the DS or the Wii? Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story is coming next month for the DS if anyone has forgotten, that game is a sure hit. Of course there's Puyo Puyo 7 if anyone imported it from Japan. I'll just say most of the great titles will come next month for this year, and next year I lost count. XD

Mewter

Smash Master
He'll either be an event Pokemon or he'll be in the next console game.
I just know it.:lick:

Top Bottom