• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon text RPG

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@LUVTOY - Rattata is taken down! Youngster Joey sends in another Rattata, level 4, as backup.

@Ukiyasan - Jigglypuff tries Sing again, but still does not succeed to lull Bulbasaur to sleep. Some HP is sapped to Bulbasaur. Jigglypuff is weakening.

@Yaya - The Poke Ball traps Pidgey. It makes a valiant effort and pushes repeatedly...

... but does not suceed in escaping! Congratulations, you've caught a Pidgey! Would you like to give it a Nickname?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Yaya - Sure thing.

@LUVTOY - Rattata is injured by the attack, but quickly recovers. It retaliates with Tackle, and Squirtle takes a bit of damage. Squirtle retreats to its Pokeball and Pidgey is sent out. Rattata replies to this switch with Tail Whip, lowering Pidgey's defense slightly.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@LUVTOY - Actually, Pidgey doesn't know Sand Attack yet. It obtains it at level 10.
From now on, I should probably tell people their Pokemon's moveset when they get it. Pidgey starts out with Gust and only Gust.

Oh, I'm sorry. Pidgey DOES know Sand Attack at level 5, my bad. In any case, I should probably still tell people what moves their Pokemon has so I make sure that both of us know. Clearly I need to double check everything before I say it for sure.

Pidgey throws sand up into Rattata's face, making it harder for it to see. It launches itself at Pidgey, despite its lessened accuracy, and lands the attack. Pidgey is slightly taken aback by this, but is still eagerly awaiting its next order.

@Yaya - On Route 1? Or would you like to move on to Route 22 or 2?

@Ukiyasan - Bulbasaur launches itself at the Jigglypuff, depleting all but a sliver of its health. Jigglypuff tries to put Bulbasaur to sleep once again, but fails, and is knocked out by the sapping of HP from Leech Seed.
You've defeated Lass Dana! Pidgey gains 1 experience point and Bulbasaur gains 1 experience point. Pidgey grew to level 6!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Yaya - You trek on through Viridian City to the north and while travelling through the grass heading towards Viridian Forest, a Weedle, level 5, appears in front of you and stops you in your tracks.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The only problem with this is you feel like you have to be on constantly, I still like the idea.

I use my last pokeball, to try and catch rattata

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Yaya - The Weedle is thrust away by Pidgey's Gust attack, but perseveres and comes back with Poison Sting. Pidgey is hardly affected, however.

@zrky - The Rattata resists against the Poke Ball once more, and pushes continuously...

...but its efforts are in vain! Congratulations, you've caught Rattata! Would you like to give a nickname to it?

Spire

III
BRoomer
NO, ill kepp it the as rattata.
ill go ahead and move to the next city.
You arrive at Viridian City and an old man approaches you, asking if you know how to catch a Pokemon. Care to watch his demonstration?

Use Gust Again! Finish it off!
The Weedle is defeated! 1st Class (Pidgey) gains one Exp. point and levels up to Lv. 6!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'll use gust on Rattata!!
Rattata is hit by a burst of wind and stumbles, but quickly regains its stance and proceeds to tackle Pidgey! Critical Hit! But Pidgey still retains a sufficient amount of health.

NOTICE!

To all players, be sure to check back to my OP (the second post in the thread) as I will be consistently updating your statistics as you progress along your journey. Don't fret if something is missing, I'll update it whenever I can.​

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Gust or bust! Gust! Pidgey, gust!

edit: my squirtle's at level six-just letting you know :) haha

and once again, good job and way to go to whoever is working on this thread :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Gust it again!
Rattata takes the hit and retaliates with a tail whip, lowering your Pidgey's defense. It seems as if it realizes that you now have the upper hand and by lowering your defense, it may be able to defeat you. It's quite the feisty rat -- so, what will you do?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I keep searching for Pokemon in Route 2.
A Nidoran (male) jumps out from behind a rock and strikes at you!
I will continue to discourage it with another Gust.

edit: do pokemon still have abilities?
[No, abilities would be too difficult to incorporate; remember, this is based off of Generation 1.]

Rattata faints! You defeated Youngster Joey; Squirtle gains 1 Exp and Pidgey gains 1 Exp and both level up to Lv. 7!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ok, abilities=to complicated, that's what I was thinking.. And...YAAAY!!! I'll head thruogh varidian city to veridian forest, and search for pokemon (specifically, a weedle)

edit (once more): Is Butterfree psychic? I know it can use confusion...? Can't it?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Ukiyasan - You now have a total of $50 left, and have purchased two Poke Balls.
You are unable to find any remaining trainers on Route 2. Will you proceed to Viridian Forest in search of one?

@LUVTOY - Butterfree is not Psychic, but yes, it can learn Confusion, as well as Psybeam.
You search through the grass and are caught by surprise by a Weedle from behind, level 6.

Also, just as Spire wanted to make an announcement, I'd like to make one as well.

ATTENTION!

Remember to refer to my OP, the third post in the thread. If you are thinking of tracking down a specific Pokemon or are traveling to a Route and wish to know which Pokemon can/cannot appear there, my OP is the guide for that. Happy catching 'em all. ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Yaya - Charmander makes the first move and knocks Nidoran away. It's still firmly standing, and retaliates with Leer, intimidating you and lowering your defenses.

@Ukiyasan - You enter Viridian Forest and surprisingly, you encounter a Pikachu right off the bat!
(I honestly took Pikachu's rareness into account when I did the random decision of what Pokemon would appear and it still appeared.)

@LUVTOY - Weedle's vision is impaired, but pushes through and retaliates with Poison Sting.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Okay, I know I said I couldn't be here for the next few days but my brother brought his laptop and the hotel has internet. So I'll be able to get on for like five minutes a day.

Also, I'll be updating the OP with information on player/player trades and battles sometime tonight. Not now, but eventually.

Top Bottom