• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon text RPG

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, I know I said I couldn't be here for the next few days but my brother brought his laptop and the hotel has internet. So I'll be able to get on for like five minutes a day.

Also, I'll be updating the OP with information on player/player trades and battles sometime tonight. Not now, but eventually.
Cool. I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow for about a week, but I will be taking my laptop along and will hopefully get to SmashBoards. No guarantees, though.

@Ukiyasan - Ah, forgot that. It's level 6.
Bulbasaur begins the battle by launching itself at Pikachu. Pikachu recovers from the attack and uses Thundershock. It's not very effective.

@Yaya - Charmander swipes with its claws again, and hits Nidoran, knocking its HP to about halfway. It quickly retaliates with Tackle.

@LUVTOY - Weedle, despite its even lower accuracy, perseveres and attacks with Poison Sting, which connects with Pidgey.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Yaya - Charmander swipes once again with its claws and get Nidoran into its low end of HP. Nidoran responds with Leer.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Yaya - Nidoran struggles against the Poke Ball...

...but all in vain. Congratulations, you've caught a Nidoran (M)! Would you like to give it a Nickname?

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'll go to Viridian Forest and Search for a Trainer.

Could I also get a moveset of my New Pokemon?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'll go to Viridian Forest and Search for a Trainer.

Could I also get a moveset of my New Pokemon?
You encounter Bug Catcher Todd, and he challenges you to a match. Do you accept?

Oh yeah, of course.

-Leer
-Tackle

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Bug Catcher Todd sends out his first Pokemon, Caterpie.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh yeah, it's level 6. I need to remember that more often...

Caterpie is weakened a bit, but uses String Shot to slow Charmander down. Charmander is still a bit quicker.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Chrmander, use Scratch on it again!
Just a note, you have no Pokeballs and you're venturing into Viridian Forest. You sure you don't want to buy one in town? You have $50, and that'll get you one Pokeball.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Yaya - Caterpie has approximately a third of its health leftover. It retaliates with String Shot again, making it quicker than Charmander. It uses String Shot once again (since it became faster and would move first this turn), making it much faster now.

i want to go to route 3 and catch a spearow, is that acceptable?
Well, keep in mind that Route 3 is actually the Route next to Mt. Moon. By going there immediately, not only will your Pokemon be unprepared for higher leveled Pokemon, but you'll skip over Route 1, Viridian City, Route 2, Viridian Forest, and Pewter City. You'll have to stop at each Route at least once and fight one Pokemon, as realistically you wouldn't be able to surpass a Route without an encounter without a lot of luck.

i'll switch to squirtle and use tackle
Weedle takes a hit, and retaliates with String Shot, but the sand in its eyes causes it to aim incorrectly and miss.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@LUVTOY - Weedle takes another hit, and is beginning to look weak. It retaliates with Poison Sting, and hits Squirtle.

@Yaya - Once 1st Class switches in, Caterpie uses String Shot on it and lowers its Speed, bringing it down to a Caterpie's Speed.

@Tomkitty - A Rattata, level 5, jumps out of the rustling grass and confronts your Charmander.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@LUVTOY - Weedle is taken out by Tackle! Squirtle gains 1 experience point.

@Yaya - I'm going to assume you meant Gust--1st Class only knows Gust and Sand Attack at the moment, and also, after looking it up, I found that it never learns Peck. So to save another exchange of posts, I'll assume Gust and change it if you would rather use Sand Attack.

1st Class uses Gust and blows Caterpie far away. It's a critical hit! Caterpie is taken down. Bug Catcher Todd sends out his next Pokemon, Metapod.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@LUVTOY - You wander around in the grass for a while longer and out of the grass jumps another Weedle!

@Yaya - Okay, I already did the scenario with Gust.
FirustheHedgehog said:
1st Class uses Gust and blows Caterpie far away. It's a critical hit! Caterpie is taken down. Bug Catcher Todd sends out his next Pokemon, Metapod.
@zrky - Yes, you may. Will you search for wild Pokemon or a trainer?

@Tomkitty - Charmander's claws collide with Rattata's body and cause it to lose a fair amount of HP. It retaliates with Tackle and takes away some of Charmander's HP. Both Pokemon are standing their ground.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Tomkitty - Charmander's claws collide with Rattata's body and cause it to lose a fair amount of HP. It retaliates with Tackle and takes away some of Charmander's HP. Both Pokemon are standing their ground.
One more time, charmander. scratch, etc.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I used it on Metapod.
Oh yeah. Duh, sorry.

Metapod takes a fair amount of damage from the attack, and uses Harden, making its shell harder to penetrate.

can i encounter a caterpi
Well, it's determined by chance, so you may or may not encounter one.

...and it just so happens that you do. (These coincidences are getting a little out of hand...)

A Caterpie rises from the grass and challenges you.

Ok Imma sand-attack this weedle!
Pidgey uses Sand Attack, thrusting sand into Weedle's eyes and lowering its accuracy. It responds with String Shot, lowering Pidgey's speed to Weedle's level.
(By the way, it's level 5. I need to stop forgetting to add that...)

One more time, charmander. scratch, etc.
Charmander attacks again. It's a critical hit! Rattata is knocked cold. Charmander receives 1 experience point! Charmander grows to level 6!

I have a question--for this RPG, where are fossils of Kabuto/Omanyte available? and old amber for Aerodactyl? They are available right?
Yes, they will be obtainable. I'll leave their locations anonymous for the moment so it adds an element of surprise to some extent.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'll gust the bug.

edit: And ok, cuz I dont' want 2 miss out on kabuto!

Ughh in the rpg I'd always want kabuto but mistake his fossil for omanyte's >:(
Please tell me which is kabuto's when teh time comes lol, unless both are available?

--and I just noticed something--it's funny how Mewtwo was born from mew, but mew is listed after him n the pkmndex...

Top Bottom