• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Have you been to a Brawl tournament? (*Everyone Answer!*)

Have you ever been to an in person Brawl Tournament?

• Of Course!

Votes: 368 53.5%
  • Not yet, but I plan to make one in the future

Votes: 223 32.4%
  • Nope and do not plan on it, but have been to a Melee tournament

Votes: 27 3.9%
  • Nope and probably wont

Votes: 70 10.2%

• Total voters

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
shouldn't the second choice be: not yet, but i plan on going to one instead of making one?

Unless i'm wrong or someone already pointed this out.

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
I been to about 2 tournaments, but I done some online tournaments too if I could count those?

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
I went to my first one just last saturday. It was the ECRC tourney. It was alot of fun, but i did horribly! oh well i learned alot and got alot better and met some really cool people :)

Slush

Smash Cadet
Nope, we have a lot of smashers though. At my school alone theres probably 12 or so people that are good, and I know we have a lot more in neighboring districts and others that have graduated.

I'm going to try and set something local up over thanksgiving break, this week, or over Christmas break.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I feel like going to 1 in the future, when i own more with Fox. But i really hate the MKs you always see and the Snakes though snake cant be much of a problem with Fox :D

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
No, and I don't think I'll plan on to in the future. I'm just not fit into the tournament mindset of it all, but I still like to spectate most of the action though.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This proves that the community is tournament oriented; for the longest time when brawl was initially released there were SO many noob posts like items and cheapness.

.Revan.

Smash Rookie
yea i've been to Ryko's recently
Didn't do to well lol
i would still call myself a novice :O
lol but there's still time to move up >:D

Strawhatz

Smash Rookie
I really want to go to a tournament so badly... *gets pumped for any upcoming ones*

Fletch

Smash Master
"Nope and do not plan on it, but have been to a Melee tournament"

Went to a couple Melee tournaments back in the day and still play that game, but I was really waiting for Brawl to come out to become a regular tourney-goer. However, after playing Brawl for about a week or two, I realized it would never be close to the game Melee was, and decided I would never go to a tournament for a game that was intentionally made to not be competitive. I plan on going to Melee tournaments in the future when I am no longer rusty.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow...

I was so off when I assumed that at least 80% of people that come here have been to at least one tourney.

>_>

Smash0360

Smash Rookie
Small towns suck =/, i've been to a few small melee tournaments and always was in the top 3 (I always lost to one of my friends) But sadly i haven't found any Brawl tournaments nearby. It's probably because everyones afraid of my main ;O! lol fear luigi!

kr3wman

Smash Master
wow...

I was so off when I assumed that at least 80% of people that come here have been to at least one tourney.

>_>
You know the little word that changes everything is

Brawl tournament.

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I went to that super smash showdown that gamestation in the uk did........and I lost the first round :( . But It was a free for all I suppose, and the touney winner was playing in my game lol. I made him sweat tho. He won with 7 points, I had 3 and the other 2 noobs had like -4 haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Tournaments are the funnest and most amazing atmosphere for any aspiring smasher. They just have to be run well....

Backward

Smash Cadet
No. I primarily help organize Melee tournaments in my city but I've yet to organize/ enter any Brawl ones, if ever. The competitive Smash scene is extremely small here.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I went to the brawl release tournament thing. one the first round, too. but i lost in the first match of round 2...

I wish they would hold more real tournaments, online tournaments SUCK. The setup is akward, The lag is painful and can cost a match, and it's too easy to forget and timing can be bad. real tournaments are so much better.

Biinii

Smash Apprentice
"Of course"

I'm part of the support of the region smashers, though I only participated in 2 of the 3 regional tournaments.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Well I'd like to... but in the country I live, Brawl tournaments are as rare as chickens with teeth. So I probably won't.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, no :urg:
I would like to, but I don't know of any tourneys near my area that doesn't have a long commute.

Mr_Hero

Smash Apprentice
No, mainly because no-one plays in South-West England (Cornwall) and I don't have the time or money to travel up country. If someone made a tournament in Cornwall I may possibly be able to go... all I have got right now is a few semi-half-decent friends.

Revven

FrankerZ
Went to a tourney last weekend (Test Your Might II) probably going to go to TYMIII. Met OS, played Sliq, etc. etc. Awesome stuff.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Yes, I've been to several tournies before, although they weren't huge ones like Axis Gaming or FAST. Nonetheless, I scored in the top 10 for most of them, but that was long ago, lol.

SithforceNL

Smash Rookie
There are no tournaments here =(

If anyone knows some dutch tournaments please tell me maybe i'll go if it's not too far away.

The community at my part of the country is pretty much non existent

Top Bottom