• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Have you been to a Brawl tournament? (*Everyone Answer!*)

Have you ever been to an in person Brawl Tournament?

• Of Course!

Votes: 368 53.5%
  • Not yet, but I plan to make one in the future

Votes: 223 32.4%
  • Nope and do not plan on it, but have been to a Melee tournament

Votes: 27 3.9%
  • Nope and probably wont

Votes: 70 10.2%

• Total voters

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I've never been to one because I'm too young to participate in those kinds of things :-P. But my local library has video game tourneys for teens all the time, so maybe they'll have one for Brawl that I can go to.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Ever since Haloween the only local place in NE PA that hosts tournies closed and so I've been stuck with playing simple ladders with friends. I hate not being able to drive up to New York )=

M@v

Subarashii!
Yes. I have been to three official Brawl tourneys. I am going to a fourth this Saturday, and I am hosting a fifth on Dec.27th,28th.

Sudai

Stuff here
I love how only 53% of the people put yes (at the time of this post). Ah well, it -is- in General Brawl after all.. Just glad none of these people can influence tournament rulesets~

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
Well, I can't drive yet and my parents won't drive me anywhere for a video game tournament. So, I'll probably have to wait a while before I can attend one.

KO M

Smash Apprentice
Yes I have it was fun, I did well I think, 2 at AnimeNEXT... also I forgot how to show my sig allways.

I won one of them, and got to the grand finals the other one, melee tournys .. so much more fun.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
I would, but the nearest tournaments are two+ hours away (darn Houston and Austin having like half of all Texas tournaments.) And local ones don't even exist X_x

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I would, but the nearest tournaments are two+ hours away (darn Houston and Austin having like half of all Texas tournaments.) And local ones don't even exist X_x
Mine are always around 2 hours away. That's never stopped me.
Then again I have a car and a job. You need to get those, lolz.

LSDX

Wah!
^^ Now that he's banned, now all we have to do is deal with Snake...>_>

I host local tourneys, but the smash scene as of now tournament wise is declining in my area. I'm hoping to begin hosting online tourneys soon because attending isn't fun enough for me at least.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I wish there was a less enthusiastic way to answer this poll in the affirmative.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I just found this thread.

lol people and their polls.

It's like a myspace/facebook/social website quiz fad.

:dizzy:

As of the past two months, I've been to two tournaments and ranked first in both. The first one was a small 16-person dorm tourney with alot of bad players, but with one SWF member, who I met in the final match, giving me a bit of trouble.

The second one was a 'campus-wide' tourney that went over 30 people, and there was alot more noise about tiers and AT's and characters, so I was braced for a full-on "omg good players" fight. I was kinda disappointed because I 2-3stocked every single player I went up against, except for ama(m/t), who played Kirby. He was probably the hardest match in the tourney @_@. I went on to eat everyone else in the tourney with epic kills, ending it with a 240% Sonic U-throw kill on Snake :laugh:

lesson learned: tier-bandwagoners != good players

KO M

Smash Apprentice
^^ Now that he's banned, now all we have to do is deal with Snake...>_>

I host local tourneys, but the smash scene as of now tournament wise is declining in my area. I'm hoping to begin hosting online tourneys soon because attending isn't fun enough for me at least.

He was banned? Mk? when was this?

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
I've been to several Melee tournaments before Brawl came out, and I performed pretty nicely. I just don't feel like I'm ready for a Brawl tournament yet because my playstyle had to completely change between the two games... so I am still working on perfecting how I play now.

But I will be at tournaments in the future ;D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I've won a handful of Bi-weeklies as well as participated in a bunch around NE. Melee is usually the main draw around here though ^_^.

pika! pika!

Smash Rookie
Honestly theres not really many tournaments around my area. The last one I heard about was at the local gamestop being held when the game was released, but on a side note their are a lot of Halo tournaments.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Been to two tournaments so far, only one was "Official" though for our state Power Rankings.
Loved it!

Top Bottom