• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalypse Texas Showdown (PATS) 2- feat. DoH, Mojo, AustinRC, Brolylegs, and more!

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Sometimes I hate my job, I miss out on all these awesome tourneys and I have to work on Saturdays... I hope some Mexican players can go to represent ;D

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I hate my job, I miss out on all these awesome tourneys and I have to work on Saturdays... I hope some Mexican players can go to represent ;D
Damn that sucks, I try to make these events at least a month in advance so that people can request off and stuff, but sometimes it can't be helped. I'm planning on doing another one in April, probably on a Saturday, I hope you can make it next time!

Also, I'm really excited to see more of Mexico's players, I don't really know who's good over there besides Javi. Speaking of which, is there any word on if Javi can make it?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Done! I'm down.....lets team up ...we should practice our teams...

:phone:
Let's do it. Next fest we'll get some teams practice in for sure.

Como dijo Austin, estamos tratando de ver la posibilidad de asistir varía gente de monterrey y de nuevo laredo, todo indica que algunos iremos

Alguien ha hablado con Javi?

haha My spanish is garbage tier. But yeah, I'm hyped for Mexico and if Javi could make it I would go nuts lol.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
As a reminder to all OoC people, Megabus is selling $1 tickets for all Texas travels in February if you use the promo code "IHEARTTX".

If I can make it, this will be my first Smash bros. Melee tournament since 2008. I've been playing alot recently, so i'm not only back in shape, but I've actually improved since then. Hope to get to know the Houston smash scene through this event if all goes well.
Most of the Houston scene has migrated over to facebook. If you want to attend some smashfests before the tourney you should join. http://www.facebook.com/groups/223986011009934/

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
As a reminder to all OoC people, Megabus is selling $1 tickets for all Texas travels in February if you use the promo code "IHEARTTX".
Speaking of, Thoraxe and I are wanting to do this. Can anyone pick us up, house us, and drop us back off? We wanted to leave Friday and probably arrive around midnight, and then leave on Sunday. :bee:

Griffard

Smash Ace
Awesome! Taylor, Freddy, Tim, and I think one other person came from Louisiana last time. I hope you can make it, I want to play your Doc!
Ye ye ye if I could travel with others (via Megabus/car/whatever) and I could find housing, I don't see why I couldn't go, since it's a Saturday and all.

Ideally getting in late Friday, tourney Saturday and back by Sunday afternoonish? 5 hour drive from NOLA isn't horrible.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll bring some recording this time.

MT_

Smash Ace
Lol I am probably not even going to be able to go but I am pretty sure the rest of Austin is interested.

MT_

Smash Ace
I have work on Saturday mornings that is directly related to my major and they kinda need me there. Unless something weird happens I won't be able to go to Saturday tournaments outside of Austin (or maybe San Antonio) unless school is on holiday.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I have work on Saturday mornings that is directly related to my major and they kinda need me there. Unless something weird happens I won't be able to go to Saturday tournaments outside of Austin (or maybe San Antonio) unless school is on holiday.
Go to the tournament! Do it now Gohan!

RedGamer

Smash Ace
dat houston hype!!! good stuff on getting san antonio to attend.

also some info on estimated fees and such:

Singles: 10
Double: 5
NO VENUE FEE!!! (this means EAT AT THE VENUE); about $20 for food (no less than $10)
Megabus $2 ROUND TRIP!!! (with the promo code, IHEARTTX)
$10 for safety to cover unplanned fees

altogether, about $40-$50.

if you have any money leftover, buy your mom and dad a souvenir; maybe like a snowglobe or something...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They sell snow globes in Houston?

When it never snows?

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
We have snow globes to make up for our lack of snow.

Glad to hear San Antonio can make it!

Oklahoma sounds pretty interested in this, hopefully they'll be able to make it.

Top Bottom