• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalypse Texas Showdown (PATS) 2- feat. DoH, Mojo, AustinRC, Brolylegs, and more!

MT_

Smash Ace
What is the schedule looking like this time around? It's possible I could be there around 2 or 2:30 if singles isn't starting before then (but I did have complaints about the tourney not starting earlier last time so I'm super contradicting myself for my own self-interest here lol).

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
To clarify the schedule, registration will end at 1:30 and then doubles bracket will be made and doubles will start around 1:45-2:00. While doubles is happening, I will make pools (it looks like enough people are coming to do pools again). Towards the end of doubles bracket, once pools have been made, I will stop doubles and have eveyone start pools, probably around 3:00 (very rough estimate, like a 30 minute time window). Then after pools I will make singles bracket while doubles finishes, and then start singles bracket, probably a couple hours earlier than last time. I'm hoping for time to do a crew battle, maybe a novice bracket too.

:phone:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
We have snow globes to make up for our lack of snow.

Glad to hear San Antonio can make it!
yes and awesome! San Antonio Melee Scene FTW!

dude redgamer you like always post
but then like, never show up

like, come out already bro
I try to make the money for it, but I haven't had luck so far.
whenever I can't make the money for it then I try to be of help in
any other way possible.
besides, I'm a Texas smasher so I'll always be around.
Hope to meet some of you there maybe!

Edit: speaking of helping any way possible...

Guys, after speaking with D1, this is the tournament we're going to be testing out "Mentor Doubles"

This means that as a pro player (you know who you are) DO NOT pick another pro player as your teammate!

Enter with someone who is relatively new- or new-ish that hasn't regularly placed top 5-8 in teams.

We want to mentor a new generation of teams players. Right now our teams tournament is abysmal! Always the same 5 teams out of 6 that enter.

This promotes a bit more competition, and helps community growth. Plus we get to know the new guys a bit more.
I got Reno's permission to spread this throughout the Texas Smash Scene

Dude, it would be my pleasure! Do it!!!

edit: also I will be on Scar's Melee It On Me to discuss it further if you want to tune in
find that podcast here

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
So far, four people from Mexico have confirmed they are coming to this, and there are others who want to attend from Mexico as well who aren't sure if they can yet. Hype!

@MT- Do you know if Tirno is coming?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Got my ticket today.

Is there anyone out there that's **** that wants to team or will I have to carry someone?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
EVO's got me all inspired. I'm Un-retiring for this mess. Time to grind and get rocked and grind some more and maybe get good again one day (preferably before July...).

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Also y'all are lucky i am going to this and not the evo qualifier that's two hours away :(

dawn001

Smash Ace
Quisa Twin, Yu, Enga y Yo de monterrey , todo depende si la gente de Reynosa o nuevo laredo consiguen una camioneta, el menos probable sería Twin, anda viendo la posibilidad de faltar un día al trabajo según me contó, yo los mantendré informados

Porque no bienen end El bus X-vena? No seria mas fasil venir en el bus ke una camioneta? Ojala ke puedan benir a Houston ... y si biene El tuga aka twin porque no biene tambien El javi?

dawn001

Smash Ace
Hola dawn, en bus es mas caro, en camioneta gastariamos como 40 dólares por persona ida y vuelta según nos dijeron, javi no se si este interesado en ir,

Oh OK... tienen rason ...Bueno El javi deberia de atender comoquiera ...El nesesita mas practica con Los hugadores de a qui ...

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
EVO's got me all inspired. I'm Un-retiring for this mess. Time to grind and get rocked and grind some more and maybe get good again one day (preferably before July...).
Awesome! It's cool how Evo has inspired so many people, Rayzorium even posted in the Houston facebook group asking if anyone wanted to play last week, saying that Evo fired him up. Anyways, glad to hear you can make it!

And thank you X-Vena for keeping us updated!

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
if I can get $50 by the time this happens, I'll come.
if not then I won't come.
I doubt your expenses will be that much if you use the Megabus promo code. Singles is only $10, you can skip on doubles if you're that worried about money, and the food at the venue is pretty reasonably priced. If you're housing with me I can also provide dinner/breakfast. I think it's unlikely that you'll need more than $20-$30.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I doubt your expenses will be that much if you use the Megabus promo code. Singles is only $10, you can skip on doubles if you're that worried about money, and the food at the venue is pretty reasonably priced. If you're housing with me I can also provide dinner/breakfast. I think it's unlikely that you'll need more than $20-$30.
thanks for the info. that just increased my chances of showing up (however low it still is).
So $25 should do then?

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the info. that just increased my chances of showing up (however low it still is).
So $25 should do then?
It won't get you a snow globe, but unless you run into something unexpected, $25 should cover everything.

Edit: I just checked prices on Megabus. It looks like the IHEARTTX SA->Houston tickets have sold out. If you use the promo code "TRYMEGABUS" instead you can get $0(???) tickets for departure on Friday the 22nd and return on Saturday.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
It won't get you a snow globe, but unless you run into something unexpected, $25 should cover everything.

Edit: I just checked prices on Megabus. It looks like the IHEARTTX SA->Houston tickets have sold out. If you use the promo code "TRYMEGABUS" instead you can get $0(???) tickets for departure on Friday the 22nd and return on Saturday.
Hannah I just wanted to confirm, you're cool with the whole megabus thing Thoraxe and I are trying to do right? i.e. picking us up from the megabus, housing, and then taking us back to the megabus on sunday? Reading that made me nervous about getting tickets lol, so I'm probably gonna try to purchase them tonight if everything is set.

hmm i just looked and the promo code doesn't seem to be working for the trip, are there any restrictions on it that you're aware of?

RedGamer

Smash Ace
.........I want that snow globe......

I just checked prices on Megabus. It looks like the IHEARTTX SA->Houston tickets have sold out. If you use the promo code "TRYMEGABUS" instead you can get $0(???) tickets for departure on Friday the 22nd and return on Saturday.
wow.
I can't possibly see what's stopping me now, but I'm sure life might throw some bullcrap at me just to troll.

hmm i just looked and the promo code doesn't seem to be working for the trip, are there any restrictions on it that you're aware of?
it works for me. it says $0.
you have to set the departure date for friday and the return date for saturday (the next day)

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Hannah I just wanted to confirm, you're cool with the whole megabus thing Thoraxe and I are trying to do right? i.e. picking us up from the megabus, housing, and then taking us back to the megabus on sunday? Reading that made me nervous about getting tickets lol, so I'm probably gonna try to purchase them tonight if everything is set.
Yeah, I'll be able to pick you guys up. It would be pretty nice if some other Houston people could help me get everyone, though. My car is tiny. If everyone who was considering coming actually shows up, I'll definitely need help getting everyone to the tournament and back.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
that's peculiar...I just tried it and it worked for me...

Edit: I know why. If you're departing from DFW, the prices are the same but the return trip is free.
I'm coming from san antonio so the whole trip is free.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
that's peculiar...I just tried it and it worked for me...

Edit: I know why. If you're departing from DFW, the prices are the same but the return trip is free.
I'm coming from san antonio so the whole trip is free.
return trip prices are still about 10-15 dollars though.. oh well. still cheaper than driving I guess

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
return trip prices are still about 10-15 dollars though.. oh well. still cheaper than driving I guess
I just checked and it looks like they had a limited number of discounted seats per trip. If the price is an issue for you or Thoraxe, you're welcome to stay an extra day and get the $0 tickets.

Also, Redgamer, I just noticed that the return trip was at 8:30 on the day of the tournament. I'm probably going to be staying until the tournament ends, so you might have to find someone else to drop you off at the station, sorry. I'm sure there are a lot of people who plan on leaving before the tournament ends, so you might want to ask around. If you can't find anyone, it would probably be best if you got the return ticket for Sunday.

RedGamer

Smash Ace

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Hope you can make it out RedGamer! I was going to wait to say this at the tournament, but a friend and I are working on a "side tournament" that will have super janky rules but will be super fun and probably be free, and I think that I might make the prize for winning it a snow globe to give you some extra motivation to come :p

RedGamer

Smash Ace
hahahaha!

who said I'd WIN??

I came in fifth at a local!! (I felt as if fourth place was rightfully mine but GGs and respect to Xilo)

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Wait MT can you make it? Singles won't start until at earliest probably 3:00.

Edit: Oh wait, JF is talking about doubles, which you won't be able to make if you show up at 2:00-2:30.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Ye ye ye if I could travel with others (via Megabus/car/whatever) and I could find housing, I don't see why I couldn't go, since it's a Saturday and all.

Ideally getting in late Friday, tourney Saturday and back by Sunday afternoonish? 5 hour drive from NOLA isn't horrible.
So do you have any idea if you/anyone else will be able to make it from Louisiana?

Top Bottom