• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post the most unwinnable matchups (serious topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist

Smash Master
Why are you scared? He was spamming nonsense in almost every forum.

On topic: Zelda's matchups make me sad to play her :[

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
ok, i thought this could be an interesting topic where good discussions can come from. and i think any other person starting such a topic wouldnt get flamed by you like you did it with me. im kinda sad to see this. but to be honest i have to admit that sometimes i act a bit resolutely and try to convince others of my opinions but it wouldnt be an opinion if you dont think they are correct. so i hope you can understand my point as well. and i also hope that we can return to the topic because i really like it and i had the impression that you did it temporary too otherwise we wouldnt be on 9 pages!

Van.

Smash Ace
tbh i dont think poundslap is trolling. sometimes people are just a bit stupid and hence have extreme opinions, and you have to counter their bad argumentation so they know. in the long run, it really works (ive done this with alot of people on forums)
what people are failing at now is just coming with proper counter arguments that arent stupid themselves...you just have to try harder, and better, lol.
I thought he wasn't trolling at first either, but honestly, everything he says is so blatantly designed to make people who actually know the game angry and to glorify armada, there is no way that anyone could actually believe what he says.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
poundslap is trolling us by telling us that hes not trolling

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
lol youre ganon, just gay back with chaingrabs. pichu - sheik is pretty bad though.
Not getting grabbed by sheik is a LOT more difficult than not getting grabbed by ganon, so that doesn't really work. Sheik also has more solid finishers to her chaingrab than ganon does.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I was going to post that probability math, lol. Statistics class ftw.

Also Poundslap, Marth/Kirby is HORRIBLY is Marth's favor. Marth is one of the characters I use most, and the person I play most takes his kirby very seriously (he memorizes frame data for kirby and studies matchups <_<)

While it is very true that marth can't grab kirby while crouching, and crouching shuts down some of marth's other approaches, it doesn't really matter at all. All marth has to do is not rush in. Kirby's crouching? Just walk up to him calmly and throw out dtilt. Kirby can't do anything. Now that marth has the lead, what is kirby to do? In case you haven't put any thought into it, I'll just tell you: Kirby can't do anything because ALL of his approaches are shut down by fair. ALL OF THEM. Except for MAYBE wavedash dtilt, which is stopped hard by fsmash or dtilt from marth anyways. So while marth can't really combo kirby terribly well, kirby can't combo or approach marth. Kirby's only hope is if Marth blindly rushes in with things like dash attack, grab, and horribly spaced aerials.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
"75:25 is unwinnable because a set consists of at least 3 games. if the matchup is 25% for you then you need a FOURTH game to win which does not exist in a bo5."

"Fox vs Peach is unwinnable for peach otherwise armada would have won on PS against M2K. fox just has to shoot lasers (50%) 2 nairs (75%) one waveshine to usmash (100% -> kill)"

why not talk sense into a person who just doesnt have enough experience and/or intelligence to figure it out on his own?
that said i dont think poundslaps opinions are all that stupid, the reason people are failing is because their own arguments/opinions are arguably even dumber then his. so far id say poundslap is winning the argumentation...
"and thanks mikehaggar for making beautiful posts once again. they are always a good read."
*Derkis then proceeds to destroy all of poundslaps "theories" hes been pointing out*

"sorry but theres something wrong with you if youre starting a discussion about your math knowledge if the topic is not even close to be about maths.

and you guys really take this TOO seriously. i mean, yes, its a serious topic but you dont have to take it THAT seriously. its about what matchups are especially hard in melee and the term unwinnable was just to make that clear."
"anyway, what do you guys think about marth - kirby? is that kinda unwinnable for marth, since kirby can duck under marths grabs?"
this thread is ****in' LOLS. dunno why these lines need to be followed, this should apply when trolling is non existent.

i wouldn't be surprised if it was mikehagger honestly..said this before. they both john(ed) for armada constantly, praise euro over america, except now mikehagger doesn't post as much, yet this poundslap guy does, and poundslap likes mikehagger, mikehagger supports his posts, the "and thanks mikehaggar for making beautiful posts once again. they are always a good read." post was kinda pushing the trolling i'm surprised it gets breezed by like that lol

Velox

Smash Ace
lol, Poundslap, you put so much work into it, that what makes it all funny to me XD

If you would kindly go troll Brawl it would be much appreciated :)

SDC

Smash Lord
A good CF/marth/ganon/fox vs mewtwo. There are some matchups that are just goddamn unwinnable sometimes it seems for poor mewtwo. If your opponent plays gay enough, there's really just nothing you can do.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I can't tell if mods are complete idiots or just complying to the Board Rules.

If it's the latter then I respect it. But please, the guy is a troll, and a pretty good one. It's easy to notice that all of his threads have started with armada and johns for him.
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy I banned around Pound 5 since he posted the same exact threads then once he started getting infractions he started spamming the Armada is God threads.

It's a pretty obvious troll. Hagger is just a joke because while he does post reasonably from time to time, he enjoys his Europe pride and trolling as well. I don't mind the pride as much as how obvious he is supporting a troll.

I think Poundslap 100:0 this thread.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Since thread has become nothing

im closing it

for those who are wondering

Haggar and Poundslap arent the same people.

so stop saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom