• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potassium Overdose: What opponents can really do with our Bananas (1/29/10)

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
I just saw this thread now lol and idk if it means anything much but to the person who made this thread, Fox can single and double dribble bananas. He has a glide toss, its only a jump-canceled glide toss tthough. he can also buffer turn around re-grab nanas too as he dribbles, so yeah, you might wanna add that to this thread =)

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
we should probably talk about the locks that characters can do on us if they throw a banana at us while we are on a platform and we fall over(If the opponent is below us and they throw a banana up). I found this out mouths ago and I don't know why I'm just posting this now

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^that also applies to when someone is already shielding...thus creating a chance for some characters to jab lock such as snake (uptilt shield> first jab> rocket.... :\\\\\)

u can jump or do an aerial out of the above tho

but with bananas its not as cool i guess but it leads to great setups...everyone can do it back to us tho. just aim that shield low so it doesnt get poked

TreK

Is "that guy"
DFEAR said:
u can jump or do an aerial out of the above tho
Actually, it's wrong D:
Diddy is one of the characters that cannot do anything before he touches the ground when he falls off a platform.
We can still tech and it's pretty easy.
AND if we're holding a banana, item tosses can be buffered and are pretty much the only exception to the rule I just told.

That makes me wonder. I don't know what are the other characters that are forced to reach the ground. I think Luigi is part of them, not sure (my playstyle with Luigi doesn't bring me to platforms very often I must say). That would be one pretty legit way to kill that Italian sucker, and maybe some others.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I already tested this out and you can't tech when you fall over. Some characters can set up jab locks or chaingrabs so this is pretty big especially against falco and Ice climbers

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It wasn't me who was trying to get out of it, it was my friend. Maybe you should try it with someone throwing a banana at you. I'm like 85% sure you can't tech it

TreK

Is "that guy"
/me confounding falling out of a shield and falling out of a trip

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
The two are vary different. you can tech or jump out of the one when you are shielding but not the one that actually hits you

Top Bottom