• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I would be proud too if I was preparing to host the biggest and best tournament in smash history!!!!!

By the way plank. What are you gonna do with all those tvs you are buying once the tournament is done?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I have some ideas. probably ending up storing them and using them for future tournies to save money...

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I know I'm kinda late but. I was scanning the thread and I saw something about wobbling not being banned? Grats to Chu dat for winning this.......God**** I hate the IC's so much.....I want them in a GTA game so I can just Kill them and watch them bleed on the ground. Just....bash their ****ing brains out with some ****....they make me SOOOOOOOO ****ing sick to my stomach...watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3QNpesRYo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie--h96-TJY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUBcXVNhxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQrV_EnWv4M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaNLLN5YGDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia8jqRyUp9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eB3Km3qZPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GilIyjjOS_Y

I got plenty more....If this is what Pound 4 is turning into then that's cool but it's gonna be a boring coming out party for IC players. Understandable because the hoster is playing IC's but still...The Stage set is all starting to seem like a trap. LOL! Honestly IC's are boring. Nothing amazing about team combo's in a 1 on 1 match IMHO. GF's would be so boring with O-death grab every stock. Okay i'm done with my semi rant but still....for the sake of interest ban wobbling other wise the hype will die.
Do you actually know what wobbling is? Wobbling does not mean chain grabbing. There was like pretty much no wobbling in all those videos.

Fail.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
eh. All I will say is IC's don't need wobbling to be good. It's just extra auto **** for people who don't have IC's experience. Basically it crushes my dreams of getting out of pools with IC's players in it.

I still say we hack melee so that Silent snake snaps Nana's neck every stock.
i can just tell by how youre posting you wont get anywhere near making it out of pools

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr1Cp6TFjoE
if you needed proof that you can win even after being wobbled

Renth

Smash Hero
Do you actually know what wobbling is? Wobbling does not mean chain grabbing. There was like pretty much no wobbling in all those videos.

Fail.
The 2nd video in what he linked is nothing but wobbling... though after watching all the videos I think he just has something against good IC players.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Fail.
Perhaps you missed what I was saying prior? The vids where just Random Ice Climber gayness that annoys me. I never said the vids where about Wobbling nor did I think someone would watch all of them.

i can just tell by how youre posting you wont get anywhere near making it out of pools

also
I can tell by the way your posting neither would you. You would however shake my hand after I beat you. There is no need to be an *******. Especially when responding to a post that was clearly a joke.

Ballistics

Smash Champion

also
that comeback was pretty cool, but chu really messed up here, first he missed the forward smash out of wobble, then he killed his teammate who had a ledgehog for the kill

but yea, wobbling doesn't always mean death

Raistlin

Smash Lord
The 2nd video in what he linked is nothing but wobbling... though after watching all the videos I think he just has something against good IC players.
on a computer lol.

Perhaps you missed what I was saying prior? The vids where just Random Ice Climber gayness that annoys me. I never said the vids where about Wobbling nor did I think someone would watch all of them.
No, I didn't miss it. You said that because wobbling wasn't banned, the tournament would turn into nothing but 0-death chaingrabs. I don't really follow logic, especially when you put up those videos.

Also, IC's are good and their chaingrabs are pretty sick, but they obviously aren't broken. Otherwise they'd be winning every tournament.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
on a computer lol.

No, I didn't miss it. You said that because wobbling wasn't banned, the tournament would turn into nothing but 0-death chaingrabs. I don't really follow logic, especially when you put up those videos.

Also, IC's are good and their chaingrabs are pretty sick, but they obviously aren't broken. Otherwise they'd be winning every tournament.
What I said was

v
....they make me SOOOOOOOO ****ing sick to my stomach...watch
This means I want you to watch why they make me sick. Not that I want you to watch them wobble.....

It's true that their chaingrabs aren't broken....as long as wobbling stays out of the picture.

Everyone has there dislikes I guess. Bad run in with IC's in 06 Kinda turned me off from them and nearly off of melee.....now that I think about it. I could probably beat the IC's now......:psycho:. Either way I'll always see IC's like this
v

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ics arent that bad

i play a char that gets beaten badly by them

and still think ill beat pretty much any ic except chu

stelzig

Smash Lord
I was wondering why some people said it was obviously best to strike second earlier.

And may i add i'd prefer european stage striking :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lol spam_arrows. im glad u see my avatar and assume i play ics. too good
Just noticed this. **** I got mindgamed....but wait. I could have sworn you were taking MM's vs your IC's....or was that someone else....no your taking MM's vs Marth..****. I got mind-f-ucked.

hbox for god tier
Agreed. If he can get Mango out of the way he can rest easy because he'll be the best player in the world.:chuckle:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol wow... that rest easy part was pretty funny.

Yo HBox. Have you tried getting in any Puff ditto practice for when you face Mango? Cuz last time... well ya lol.

Those pics = win... except nana's hardcore unibrow *shivers*

stelzig

Smash Lord
No i mean he is taking matches vs his sheik. I haven't really had enough experience to have decided on a main yet heh.

But yeah it indeed was armada. He's surprisingly fun to play against even though it was completely hopeless... :p (I should be playing a bit better at this... Still really badly, but yeah ;))

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Not true, I've had to do tons to overcome the matchup and have to play it EXTREMELY gay to even compete. Players who aren't near my level still get close to me with IC, I usually pull it out though.

That's like saying "Oh you're a ganon who practices every day vs Armada? The fact you don't lose to any other peach certainly means ganon ***** peach.

Make sense back plz

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Not true, I've had to do tons to overcome the matchup and have to play it EXTREMELY gay to even compete. Players who aren't near my level still get close to me with IC, I usually pull it out though.

That's like saying "Oh you're a ganon who practices every day vs Armada? The fact you don't lose to any other peach certainly means ganon ***** peach.

Make sense back plz
I NEVER said Sheik ***** IC's so don't use that terrible example.

Just that the match up isn't 90-10 like everyone makes it seems, it's 60-40 IMO.

All a Sheik has to do is play fast and overwhelm the IC's.

Spam tilts that will lead into fair, downsmash, and don't get grabbed.

ALL the IC's have on Sheiks is a down throw downsmash chain, that's about it.

It isn't like Mewtwo vs Marth. It's definitely not that one sided.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
a wrong spaced tilt=grab=stock. NEVER downsmash, ull get grabbed and lose ur stock.

on top of the grabs, ur wrong though, there's more to it.

sheik's aerial lateral mobility is poor, which means she can't at all approach ice climbers and has to stay still and space herself. when she gets into the air, though, any slight mishap and the ice climber player can WD under her and SH uair and just ****. Icies are great when people are above them cuz of their uair, and sheik is TERRIBLE with people below her because her downward priority is bad. not only that, but since sheik is a perfect weight to get combo'd, one hit by ic's often means lots of damage.

but wait, THERE'S MORE!

IC smash attacks are really, REALLY strong, and what does hitting sheik off the edge mean? A free ANYTHING!!!! Characters with really strong moves to punish sheiks recovery typically do better against her, so why would IC be any different?

Just -because- IC has really good chaingrab options on sheik certainly does NOT mean that's ALL they have.

not to mention one IC can still chaingrab sheik til like 50 into a smash attack zzzz

White_Mike

Smash Lord
F-tilt is way too fast, if sheik misses one well spaced f-tilt and ic's run in to grab they get hit by the next, keep getting scooped and get fair'd.

All you have to do is fall through platforms with nairs and sheiks bair has amazing range so you can just spam that. Sheiks needles ***** the ice blocks so you can easily camp IC's.

IC's smash attacks **** anyone, it's not special to just sheik, and sheiks recovery is good enough to get back and IC's can't really ledgeguard with anything but bair or nair sometimes.

Just don't get above the IC's? That part isn't hard at all to deal with lol, and sheik is amazing under IC's as long as you avoid there d-air, which is easily punished lol.

Sheiks is AMAZING at killing Nana and sheik destroys.....DESTROYS one IC, chain grab to 50 or NOT. Downthrow foreward til fair or just down throw fair at higher percentages.

Sheik can handle the match up, it isn't impossible.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So much IC's experience in here. I on average play IC's once a year. I haven't actually played a match against IC's since 07. I have a serious pit of Experience to make up. So. Even if my Fox was really god**** good. I'd still be lost in the sauce and basically trying to figure out the match while It's happening. The last thing I need is an infinite to worry about. So....are you going to ban Wobbling or not?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Don't get grabbed is such a lame thing to say... Like who the **** doesn't get grabbed once in a match? Stop using that, really, makes no sense... At all... Really!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Don't get grabbed is such a lame thing to say... Like who the **** doesn't get grabbed once in a match? Stop using that, really, makes no sense... At all... Really!
Agreed. It's why I'm starting to detest epic fanboy combo videos. Then it just becomes regurgitation on a regular basis everywhere you go. People feel the need to say it/mention it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
F-tilt is way too fast, if sheik misses one well spaced f-tilt and ic's run in to grab they get hit by the next, keep getting scooped and get fair'd.
You have enough time to CC the F-tilt and then get free chain grab. Done properly, Nana will also CC and therefore you will stay synched and get a free death grab or a lot of damage. She is stationary when she F-tilts, too, so if they call it, they can slide in with WD --> stuff. Also, DIing away from F-tilt prevents the juggle of a thousand F-tilts.

All you have to do is fall through platforms with nairs and sheiks bair has amazing range so you can just spam that. Sheiks needles ***** the ice blocks so you can easily camp IC's.
If Sheik falls through platform with Nair and Bair, she has to be above them at some point. Which is good for ICs. I agree that you can camp them, but anything they get will probably be lots of damage.

IC's smash attacks **** anyone, it's not special to just sheik, and sheiks recovery is good enough to get back and IC's can't really ledgeguard with anything but bair or nair sometimes
Or you could get up and wobble her or ledgedash --> D-smash...? If you can keep Nana from being hit by the poof you can get a big chain grab. If not you can get a single IC grab combo (D-throw --> follow isn't exactly bad lolz), or a D-smash at high percents.

Just don't get above the IC's? That part isn't hard at all to deal with lol, and sheik is amazing under IC's as long as you avoid there d-air, which is easily punished lol.
I agree she's good under them. However, if most of her game is spacing aerials on them because her ground game can be punished, then she has to be above them, which you said earlier about the Nair and Bair thing...

Sheiks is AMAZING at killing Nana and sheik destroys.....DESTROYS one IC, chain grab to 50 or NOT. Downthrow foreward til fair or just down throw fair at higher percentages.
She's okay at killing Nana, true, but bad at splitting them up. No Shine, sword, Peach D-smash, etc. And there's far more efficient Nana slayers out there (Fox, Ganon, Peach, etc).

Sheik can handle the match up, it isn't impossible.
I agree.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
IC's smash attacks **** anyone, it's not special to just sheik, and sheiks recovery is good enough to get back and IC's can't really ledgeguard with anything but bair or nair sometimes.
AHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHA

aha...........

oh man.

How wrong can one person get?

You know, I could sit and explain how monumentally stupid and incorrect that statement is, but I really think if you're so ignorant as to believe IC's can't edgeguard sheik, you have other underlying problems and I really just feel bad for you.

I mean I even agree with the notion that Sheik vs IC's is not that bad at all, but don't go and just lie to folks in here.

Quit posting please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom