• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah I know what you're saying... But with everything I go through and all the work I do, anyone who thinks I'm not concerned with their opinions is just plain ********.

When I'm going through the effort of buying/hauling a plethora of TV's, getting hotel discounts/shuttles for everyone showing up, getting an AMAZING venue and organizing everything ahead of time with registration/pools/all that.

I put in so much more work than other TO's to make sure everything is covered and perfect, so if people are going to not go because they don't agree with a ruleset I made to compromise between extremes, then so be it.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Yeah I know what you're saying... But with everything I go through and all the work I do, anyone who thinks I'm not concerned with their opinions is just plain ********.

When I'm going through the effort of buying/hauling a plethora of TV's, getting hotel discounts/shuttles for everyone showing up, getting an AMAZING venue and organizing everything ahead of time with registration/pools/all that.

I put in so much more work than other TO's to make sure everything is covered and perfect, so if people are going to not go because they don't agree with a ruleset I made to compromise between extremes, then so be it.
This belongs in the OP as "Planks heart to heart message with the players."

lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

When I'm going through the effort of buying/haulng a plethora of TV's, getting hotel discounts/shuttles for everyone showing up, getting an AMAZING venue and organizing everything ahead of time with registration/pools/all that.

Ok, fair enough then, if you think better to just say, "I can't please everyone" then it's fine, and honestly things like that will be more important PR-wise then this because it's a lot easier to forget with all these other things that you have (the shuttle bus thing for example looks AMAZING considering public transit in general and 64 set-ups per game... ****).

As I said, just wanted to lay it out for you cause PR is something that I do, and do well.

Sidenote: Could we get the housing thread up? I think a lot of people will hold off registering until they've got that down, myself included.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
fox is the best clearly..please dont start that eggm.. i dont care when people compliain about fox..i think people complain more about icy's,puff, and peach more anyway..or if not them they just complain about a character they suk against or when they lose they say its the character and not the player

oh and if anybody wants to play me in friendlies @ pound 4..im only playing on stadium only..no joke
sheik definately has the potintial to be better than fox. But at this point in the game does it even matter?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sheik doesnt at all have the potential to be better than fox. fox has better/guaranteed combos and can camp better, whereas everything sheik does can be DI'd out of.

as for the housing thread i will create that soon if nobody else does. i encourage people to go to the hotel, though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what does everyone think of picking stages BEFORE picking characters?

[09:36] horizonflash: it's not strictly better or anything
[09:36] horizonflash: it's just an option we didn't used to have
[09:36] horizonflash: when using random
[09:36] horizonflash: it rewards people who play multiple characters, who generally happen to be the ones complaining about missing CP stages
[09:37] horizonflash: and it reduces the 'boring' factor when you don't know exactly what matchup is coming your way
[09:37] horizonflash: so i'm guessing there will be more variety

Linguini

Smash Master
Let's get right down to the meat of the issue.

If you are to make Stadium a counter pick, in turn your obligated to change over other stages that were once neutrals that are also"game changing" as you argued PS is. FoD definitely lies in this category, and some would care to argue YS as well.

You seem to have chosen one stage that seems "unfair" and trashed it,while leaving other neutrals that are "unfair" as well. The logic doesn't make sense.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ I kinda agree, these new rules are so limiting :/ I am coming regardless though lol

Also, if you ban wobbling then ban the ICies infinite in Brawl, or if you allow both then allow D3's small step chain grab, lets get some equaility! :3

Twig

Smash Journeyman
What else is everyone butt hurt about? That you can't win a match you shouldn't have cause a random apple exploded into a bomb which hit your opponent into another bomb which killed him, or clap trap eats some one 2 outta the 4 stocks. Only the gayest of the gay stages are now gone lol.
This is the only thing that matters. No more Green Greens, Mute City, Jungle Japes, etc.

PS and FoD are a nullpoint compared to this, so everyone just be happy.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
How good to know Melee is starting to develop Brawl rules. Not . . .
Wha..
^The hell are you talking about :embarrass
...beat me to it...

So Linguini, what you're suggesting is that FD, DL64, and BF be the only neutrals while all the other now-legal stages be CP? Meanwhile you'll either keep stage striking and limit it to three stages, or do away with stage striking altogether and leave it up to "Random" among those three?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Stage striking is better than random.

Stage striking requires an odd number of neutral stages.

Rather than adding another BS stage to the neutrals, I decided to take away the one that is least neutral (as agreed upon by myself and the majority of the SBR, thus far).

I will also reiterate for the 100th time, stage striking will still be on and you can still CP the level. It just won't be the first match of a set.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
Was there anything significantly wrong with the melee rule set from pound 3? I mean, I don't have any issues with PS being a cp, I'm just curious as to why you've totally reworked the stage list.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Was there anything significantly wrong with the melee rule set from pound 3? I mean, I don't have any issues with PS being a cp, I'm just curious as to why you've totally reworked the stage list.
Because the stage list hasn't been reworked for how many years? The game has evolved so much, people can take advantage of certain stages better than they used to, etc.

Change is a necessary thing and often frowned upon at first, but someone has to do it. With the SBR talking about changing the rules because of this and reading all of the debates and polls, it really opened my eyes and I feel this is the most fair stage list for right now.

That's how I see it, at least.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
as for the housing thread i will create that soon if nobody else does. i encourage people to go to the hotel, though.
You doing it makes it the official thread, I would personally start it, but I feel if I did it it would be ignored.

And housing in general, including hotel rooms, cause people need to figure out who's hotel rooms they're gonna be staying in.

I guess housing/hotel rooms thread is better, more general.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, definitely. No time today, gotta work, but I will do it after the weekend for sure.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
lol, just play
Short and smart!

Why do people care about the rules? What good will it do you if a stage changes from 'neutral' to 'counterpick'? Will encountering an opponent better than you skill-wise and having that stage as a neutral make it so that you insta-win?

They're not gonna win the Melee tourney anyway. :rolleyes::rotfl:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Short and smart!

Why do people care about the rules? What good will it do you if a stage changes from 'neutral' to 'counterpick'? Will encountering an opponent better than you skill-wise and having that stage as a neutral make it so that you insta-win?

They're not gonna win the Melee tourney anyway. :rolleyes::rotfl:
Says you.

I honestly don't care, I've got more then enough evil stages for my main and secondaries, so this isn't gonna change anything.

I was just concerned with PR, cause I know PR, and was giving advice on how to handle it, not which stages to pick.

Anyway, this ruleset is fine.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
... /facepalm

it was a joke, you've mentioned it in every single one of your posts in this thread :laugh:
Not every one, I did mention in a couple, and you could easily be saying, "don't comment on PR stuff cause you people don't know" in a backhanded way.

Or maybe saying we need a legit PR for this.

People don't read back as far as I've noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom