• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
wow...that tourney left something so unfulfilling... no hype GFs matches.

Anyone know if that $50 MM happened b/w. armada and hungrybox

However m2k vs. Armada man..so much hype.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Nice use of sarcasm, but Melee singles and doubles Grand Finals was not entertaining at all. JIGGLYPUFF DITTOS HYPE!!!

Both games had boring and amazing sets at this tournament.
Lol other than the Melee GF for double and singles, check out all the other matches. Im pretty sure there isnt a brawl game recorded that was as hype as m2k/armada or lozr/pp vs hax/darc. Get at me .

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Got home a little while ago. I only saw the last match of GFs, but it was still pretty good.

Great tourney overall. Too bad I got screwed over in doubles.

Again.

:069:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Lol other than the Melee GF for double and singles, check out all the other matches. Im pretty sure there isnt a brawl game recorded that was as hype as m2k/armada or lozr/pp vs hax/darc. Get at me .
Lol? Those were entertaining sets, but what about Jman getting planked by the European Sheik? Or Mango vs Chu on Brinstar? Lame *** matches. GTFO. Both games had great and gay matches. You're a delusional fanboy if you disagree.

clowsui

Smash Legend
OH NO, PEOPLE PLAYING LAME TO WIN MONEY!

man up -_- pretty soon every melee set will just occur on the five neutrals 0 counterpicks allowed because counterpicks aren't exciting enough.

Vro

Smash Lord
jman m2k had that ****. even tho i talked to you guys a lot in person, i still gotta say sorry that happened to you guys.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Plank dropped M2k & Jman from doubles because Jman didn't show up on time. Completely. They didn't go to losers, because (as I understand it) Plank thought it would screw up the doubles losers bracket too much. He did what he did because he thought it would be for the better of the tournament, regardless of the players he was disqualifying.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Just got back! Was so tired that I was falling asleep trying to watch Armada vs. M2K today lol.

Short shoutouts later and Facebooking stuffs.

Europeans, you guys are awesome =D.

Byeeeees.

Edit: PS, I have almost 2 gigs of photos :D.

TheLake

Smash Master
There was a heapin of gay and some other stuff

but thats smash *shrugs*

We accept everything

Thats why its the best

we dont discriminate yall

especially on europeans

cause daaaaaaaamn ****ers are legit

GGs Pound 4

White_Mike

Smash Lord
It's like saying if m2k and jman randomly felt like losing or lost legit first round he'd disqualify them from losers as well because they'd mess up the bracket...doesn't make sense.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, he's going to have to deal with it. The same exact thing happened to me. Partner was a no-show, so I also got disqualified completely. It doesn't matter who you are, it is both your responsibility and your partner's to show up for doubles. =/

:069:

D20

Smash Lord
I suspect Plank will be posting a more formal thread on the matter at some time in the near future. Until then, I think people should keep their opinions to themselves.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
best tourney ever and ran so WELL for at least the melee side :D

had so much fun did pretty well had fun facing the peeps that i did :D

*must regain voice*

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm not complaining about this. I just think it's hypocritical for people to call out either game for lame/boring tactics being effective, when both games are guilty of it.
i agree with you on that one, nvm about my post then.

actually my post is directed to everybody in the stream chat + on the boards complaining about lameness. deal

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Why exactly should people keep their opinions to themselves on the matter?

There really is no reason to DQ someone from both winners AND losers for being 10 minutes late.

Also Warriorknight was in the same car as him, came just as late, and wasn't dq'd at all.

Everyone else got double dq'd afterwards and I think it was just Plank sticking to his guns so he didn't look biased.

M2K and Jman paid for their spots and getting disqualified from both winners and losers is ridiculous.

I don't see how anyone can disagree.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

:laugh: poor guy.

Can't feel bad. Getting 2nd at something this huge is nothing to be ashamed of. Also, 3-0'd by Mango at Genesis became a 3-1 at Winterfest to a 3-2 today... you're getting closer and closer (and quite frankly, it's ****ing scary).

Just please take him out earlier in the bracket so there's no Puff dittoes in the grand finals of the next big tourney... PLEASE :urg:

D20

Smash Lord
Why exactly should people keep their opinions to themselves on the matter?

There really is no reason to DQ someone from both winners AND losers for being 10 minutes late.

Also Warriorknight was in the same car as him, came just as late, and wasn't dq'd at all.

Everyone else got double dq'd afterwards and I think it was just Plank sticking to his guns so he didn't look biased.

M2K and Jman paid for their spots and getting disqualified from both winners and losers is ridiculous.

I don't see how anyone can disagree.
Run a 400+ person tournament and then come back and talk.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm not complaining about this. I just think it's hypocritical for people to call out either game for lame/boring tactics being effective, when both games are guilty of it.
Gay tactics are much more rewarding in Brawl, I think thats what he's getting at. I can guarantee you that there was 20x more campy, gay, and boring brawl matches than Melee and there was 30x more hype, amazing, and awe inspiring matches for Melee.

How do you feel about this hate you're getting, Juangrybox?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Gay tactics are much more rewarding in Brawl, I think thats what he's getting at. I can guarantee you that there was 20x more campy, gay, and boring brawl matches than Melee and there was 30x more hype, amazing, and awe inspiring matches for Melee.
Not to mention loud. I know you guys were having a blast watching those matches, but there were times when I couldn't hear myself think.

*is not a big fan of loud noises* :dizzy:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I agree. I just don't like hypocrisy.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
He definitely wasn't 75 minutes late.

Maybe if you mean 75 minutes late after the tourney was to start at 10:30, but matches weren't called until around 11 30 iirc.
im 99% sure plank said they were 75 minutes late, or tantulus or someone of the sort

i feel plank isnt getting proper credit because of hateful posts so ill make it all big n stuff
Plank you rock, such an epic tournament!!!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I suspect Plank will be posting a more formal thread on the matter at some time in the near future. Until then, I think people should keep their opinions to themselves.
This is a logical man. Follow his lead.

I can tell you right now that most of you don't know the details.

Lol? Those were entertaining sets, but what about Jman getting planked by the European Sheik? Or Mango vs Chu on Brinstar? Lame *** matches. GTFO. Both games had great and gay matches. You're a delusional fanboy if you disagree.
Look, I don't give a **** about the Brawl v. Melee "debate" (I don't even know how it can be called that when half the people on the Brawl side admit Melee is a better game just that Brawl isn't terrible), people can like whatever they want to, play whatever they want to. Who gives a ****, right?

But since you are calling people delusional fanboys, I felt I might as well say it: you are mischaracterizing the argument. The idea is that 95% of Melee matches are entertaining (5% being Jiggs dittos, chaingrabbing Sheiks....and there really isn't much else thats not fun to watch) and 0 to 1% of Brawl matches are. You may not share that opinion, maybe you like watching Brawl matches more than that or something, but thats not the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom