• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
G$ is my boy, and I got his back. Not that he needs it, kid is actually good.
G$ story: My first tournament, mass madness 11, i got to play G$ in losers. He eliminated ***** me. it was all pretty much a blur, i'm sure you can all relate. he was falco, and he was just throwing me around all over the place. somehow, i busted out a triple knee.

I was like, "did i just actually do that?"

G$ says, "you got style, man"

props.

anyway, i think mango will try this tournament. at least i hope he will. Pound III was his breakthrough, and he won Pound IV, too. I dunno, i would just like to think that it's a matter of pride. i'm dum tho.

i'd also like to see someone that ISN'T mango/armada/m2k/pp/amsah/jman/the usual names in the top 5. like someone totally unexpected. i wanna see hax do well too he's the man

Slhoka

Smash Lord
It's past midnight here, and I have work to(day)morrow.
Now give me some good stuff before I pass out completely =)
This.

Also thank you Icy, that's better than nothing.
I'm sad to see that Over and Dahean didn't do as well as I hoped. Oh well, they'll do better in singles.

Edit : lol, ninja'd by Saix.

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
I GOT UPDATES!

Okay not too much, but....

NC Catfish vs Overtriforce and Strawhat Dahean happened. I think it's over, and NC Catfish won. (Doubles Bracket)
Weon-X 2-stocked Amsah in friendlies.
MattDotZeb and DoH beat Overtriforce and Strawhat Dahean, and also beat Raistlin and Apollo. They were then finished off in Losers' Bracket vs Scar and Shroomed. (Doubles Bracket)
thankssss, keep the updates coming plzzzzzzzzzz:embarrass:

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Surprised that Dahean+Over went out of bracket instantly. Oh well, they haven't been to internationals for a long while =/
Let's hear some more!
EDIT: THANK YOU ICY <3

t3h Icy

Smash Master
That's all I found, so we'll probably end up waiting another hour or two, lol.

Hopefully we can start getting some as Teams Bracket seems to be ending shortly.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Hbox and hax in wf to face winner of m2k/armada and pp lozr. That waits until tomorrow

Finally singles round 3?

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
FL's weakness is odd characters for sure, except Falcon/Ganon.
We have like 3 good ganon's (Linguini, RC, & spider), 2 good foxes (ColBol & HtG), 2 gay mains (hbox & raistlin), a good *** luigi (blea Gelo) , and a retiring falco (DSW).

Its a land of many strange mains. Very hard to practice in this state.

lord karn

Smash Master
@ lord karn: Why do you think PP will beat Amsah?
Several reasons.

I watched the friendlies uploaded the other day between Amsah and Voodoo. I know Amsah sandbags in friendlies, but voodoo is much worse than amsah, and hew as falling for a lot of gimmicky stuff.

PP texted me and told me he was beating amsah in friendlies. Again, I know they're juts friendlies, but it still says something.

PP has gotten way better at the sheik matchup with his experience vs. m2k, and just practicing it a lot in general recently.

From watching other vids of Amsah, he's too inconsistent at edgeguarding and tech chasing, and will give pp too many openings (pp's out of combo game is too good and he gets so many combos from others dropping them).

I know I have obvious bias for PP, but Amsah is also one of my favorite players. Perhaps Amsah will surprise me, though, but I think PPs biggest problem is Armada by far.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So it seems that Arm2K, NC Catfish and Mango/G$ were all on the same side of the bracket. I wonder who Haxbox ran through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom