• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL fair enough

You can inspire my Sheik game =)

PS: I played with Ali(I've jihad it) a lot, an old school Falcon main in NC, today. I forgot how to use Falcon until today and it was great.

They don't make em like they used to haha.

Double edit because I should post something useful:

-I feel like colors reinforce certain playstyles/patterns of thought for me. Red can make me more aggro while blue makes me feel camler and more patient. Green makes me feel confident depending on the shade haha. Does this happen to anyone else?

-What is more important to you personally, speeding up your Falco(using things like WDs) to cover his lackluster speed as much as possible or abusing hitboxes like uptilt's to condition and control the opponent so that they slow down and each speed is comparable? I've always focused on speed more, but against Ali's Falco he just abused hitboxes while moving slowly and it made me wonder if there was an element of conditioning there I had been unaware of/ignoring.

Mahone

Smash Champion
how does puff beat late aerial ->shine -> immediate aerial???

I really think upsmash oos is underused, will it trade with the immediate aerial?

I'm getting ***** really hard by falco shield pressure and I never know when to go for grab vs upsmash vs wd oos back

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brookman

Smash Hero
puff's up smash is pretty fast, but it's not faster than fox's. Off the top of my head, It might have a *small* chance might beat/trade down air. As fox, I find that it's easy for me to beat ASAP down airs but not as easy to ASAP nair. There is a single frame difference between the two moves, with nair being faster.

Puff's jump isn't as fast tho and her up smash probably isnt as fast eaither. You can always try throwing out a short hop fair vs. their retreat or pound maybe. wavedash forward grab/ftilt. . . jab. . .full jump out with down air?

<--- doesn't play puff

LOL fair enough

You can inspire my Sheik game =)
SEE WHAT HE DID THER?E! ITS AS iF HE IS POSINg A CHAllegeN!! IF you FAir enough YOU ANA INSPOR HIS SHEIKs!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Lol. Ali was one of the first to use moonwalk into moonwalk repeatedly.
Yo, that's crazy that you know that. The first time I ever went to a tourney, I stayed at Ali's house and his Falcon like blew my mind. I've been playing with him randomly recently and he's a little rusty but still genius at the game.

Pivot jabs back and forth around you
Raptor boost off platforms -> Immediate Fast Fall -> Turnaround raptor boost

He still does weird stuff I've never seen before.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
@PP

Personally for me, I strive to abuse hitboxes like uptilt/dair/bair to slow my opponent, than try to speed up my own movement game. Its just how I play, I don't really try to "catch up" to them, uptilt > speed. especially fox players, calm the **** down.

as for the colors, lol people always say that stuff about different color = different playstyles. Lately I've been going mostly white and blue. White because it reminds me of mango, and blue because its refreshing lol. Green bores me because i've worn green for years (since forward inspired me to play falco), and i hate red.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Maybe that's right about playstyles actually, I either play Green or White.

Green is when I want to play methodical like Peepz.

White is when I want to play with sparse lasering and a lot of vertical movement like Mango.

Red occasionally when I want to feel like Kanye.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Doing ungrabable falco shield pressure gets my **** hard. Now i know why you all play falco.

Also, does Ali still play melee? Id like to meet him some day.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Doing ungrabable falco shield pressure gets my **** hard. Now i know why you all play falco.

Helllllll yeah.

And yeah, he still plays for fun. He's in grad school to be an architect so he's normally really really busy but we play when I go over there and he'll occasionally show up at tourneys. Like I said, he's rusty but still genius. He's definitely one of my favorite people to talk to, about Melee or otherwise.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
hey nc guys, i may be coming home for a weekend (winston-salem) within the next month-- any tournies/smashfests going on in april? posting here and not in the brocator thread b/c i didn't get many responses last time and there seem to be a few of you guys in here atm

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
ive been repping red falco lately. i only camp when i cant figure out what else to do :-\

DJRome

Smash Hero
can't u just rest the late aerial? if you miss they hit you out of the sleep and if you get it off first you kill them most likely

DJRome

Smash Hero
no, i mean if they late aerial, but rest them before the aerial comes out. if you are too slow or miss, then they just hit you out of the lag

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
-I feel like colors reinforce certain playstyles/patterns of thought for me. Red can make me more aggro while blue makes me feel camler and more patient. Green makes me feel confident depending on the shade haha. Does this happen to anyone else?
I feel almost weaker / more passive when I play blue these days. Switching to normal / black makes me feel like I'm just hitting more of the time. I hate red cause yeah, like someone else said, red has always been the camper Falco / is ugly / just disturbs some natural energy balance or something LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I'm debating about going back to green Falco / my roots. Mango wants blue so he can take it haha (although I think neutral fits him the best by far).

I think blue / green suits you the best pp, leaning towards blue.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
how does puff beat late aerial ->shine -> immediate aerial???

I really think upsmash oos is underused, will it trade with the immediate aerial?

I'm getting ***** really hard by falco shield pressure and I never know when to go for grab vs upsmash vs wd oos back

Thanks in advance for any advice.
nah immediate aerial beats upsmash OOS

if he immediately aerials you just shield and then wd oos or attack him I guess lol

you could also shield DI away and roll out after the shine I bet

this is all assuming he does the string you mentioned and not anything different

Lol. Ali was one of the first to use moonwalk into moonwalk repeatedly.

I played with Ali the day I posted last! =) He doesn't play much but loooooves the game still and wishes he could travel/play more like he used to but school is sooo ****** him right now haha. All I gotta say is, it's so refreshing playing him and his unique smooth Falcon haha.

hey nc guys, i may be coming home for a weekend (winston-salem) within the next month-- any tournies/smashfests going on in april? posting here and not in the brocator thread b/c i didn't get many responses last time and there seem to be a few of you guys in here atm
Should be something in Chapel Hill in april at the least and maybe the next G6. Just post in the brocator thread lol.

I feel almost weaker / more passive when I play blue these days. Switching to normal / black makes me feel like I'm just hitting more of the time. I hate red cause yeah, like someone else said, red has always been the camper Falco / is ugly / just disturbs some natural energy balance or something LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I'm debating about going back to green Falco / my roots. Mango wants blue so he can take it haha (although I think neutral fits him the best by far).

I played Blue initially hahaha, but then after Tipped Off 4 when I got 4th with Blue Falco I decided I was good enough to switch to green(it looked cooler lol) and I haven't played another color in singles since. XD Maybe I'll go back to blue one day? For now green Falco is too good and my thing haha.

I always thought of you as a blue Falco once you switched off green back in like 08-09(I think more 09 though) haha, but yeah it's a tough call. Mango would definitely be white.

@Jpobs: I'm not suggesting one can outrun a faster character with Falco, but I've always thought of moving him faster to help alleviate this weakness. I played ali and he did like fall through a platform and I chased him so he turned around and uptilted....I was like wtf lol, so that's what gave me this idea in the first place, but I always thought that wouldn't work anymore or is too old school to work(I mean it didn't much but it surprised me and worked enough to where I decided it's definitely worth looking into). It could be possible to combine both ideas but I'm not sure if that's the direction I want to go/can really go with this at all......

hmmm

Brookman

Smash Hero
@ Mahone: When you see him approaching turn around and black. Short hop out on his retreat and back air. Try buffering the jump using the c stick ;]

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace

I've always been influeced badly by the color. In different periods I used pretty much every colour available with a higher tendence towards blue and green. To me it used to be Red = Hiko, Blue = PC Chris, Green = Forward. In 2009-2010 it has been Blue = Zhu, Mango. More recently I'm kinda experimenting with red though.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Like I said, I play POWER red Falco when I feel like Kanye. ;]

I played blue a lot when I was watching a lot of Julie's videos around Genesis or so. (edit: 4 AM DC McDonalds walks are legit, ZHUUUUU)

When I switched to him as my main, I went green. <3

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey if a trick works when you know it's going to hit, do it right? When I play my friends here, every single night I play I do something that shouldn't work but it still does. In my head when i try these things, it's just something cool if it would work but it ends up working anyway and I mindblow myself lol.

Example, Fox is close the ledge while Peach is behind him close to the left side of the right platform in Yoshi's. So, I went for a waveland from the right ledge into turn around grab but somehow I ended up grabbing Peach from behind instead of Fox and Fox hit Peach by mistake because of that. See how cool smash can be? Mind ****ing people is amazing. =P

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Blue and Red falco always turn me into this campy *****. when I play green my confidence skyrockets. Neutrals ugly so I try to avoid it.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i've always thought colors heavily influenced me also. neutral makes me play a very laser/agressive as **** game, blue makes me wanna play smarter while still comboing strong, any other color i never touch so id probably play unorthodox.

as zhu said which i completely agree :p
"red has always been the camper Falco / is ugly / just disturbs some natural energy balance or something LOOOOOOOOOOOOL."

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Blue and Red falco always turn me into this campy *****. when I play green my confidence skyrockets. Neutrals ugly so I try to avoid it.
neutral and green give me confidence. And man, neutral is like tied for second prettiest falco colour with red. Blue being the prettiest.

Top Bottom