• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
the flashy convo was doomed from the start.

whats everyones opinion on the falco vs. fox matchup? i honestly used to believe that it was largely in falcos favor since his combos are so cake, but really it's turning out to be way more 50:50 (or SLIIIIGHT falco) just cause openings seem really hard to get on fox...

i love combo'ng heavies, especially fox, but i really do not like the matchup at all as falco anymore, i jsut feel so restrained watching fox move so fast all over the damn place.

this is all imo of course.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
the flashy convo was doomed from the start.

whats everyones opinion on the falco vs. fox matchup? i honestly used to believe that it was largely in falcos favor since his combos are so cake, but really it's turning out to be way more 50:50 (or SLIIIIGHT falco) just cause openings seem really hard to get on fox...

i love combo'ng heavies, especially fox, but i really do not like the matchup at all as falco anymore, i jsut feel so restrained watching fox move so fast all over the damn place.

this is all imo of course.
I agree with you. Fox is much faster and has very good OoS options for our shield pressure so it's very hard to get that first hit in. I still like the match-up though. I think you should try to get some shines and utilts in by playing a bit on platforms and generally just space your attacks when he is approaching you

Brookman

Smash Hero
dear PP,

do you remember meeting me briefly at RoM3???

If so, does this make us bros??

your potential bro,
Brookman

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
is he really 13? no wonder
And yet way more clever than some people on this boards will ever be.

I'm usually not that hyped about my own sets, but I'm really hyped to watch me vs jman / m2k. Tons of really, really weird **** happened in those sets. It's so cool to have videos and not just have to remember stuff from impressions, technology is amazing.

And with the flash vs efficiency thing, I think both can be intimidating in different ways. It really depends on the receiver and the giver and how they mesh with the other. I think these days flash is a little bit underrated (although way harder to execute and get away with) because it isn't as common, as everyone kinda shifted to a more all around style.

Van.

Smash Ace
I have so much respect for crush now.

I was so cynical about it at first, i thought he was like 19 and didn't even play this game, but now he has proven himself a prodigidal individual.

Annnyways we now have videos of both crush and sinji.

Who will win the hype apex mm?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
sinji got dis.

And yet way more clever than some people on this boards will ever be.

I'm usually not that hyped about my own sets, but I'm really hyped to watch me vs jman / m2k. Tons of really, really weird **** happened in those sets. It's so cool to have videos and not just have to remember stuff from impressions, technology is amazing.
did you go to like 3 tournaments out there? were you therre for smash?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nope. hitbox ends on frame 64, move lasts 84 frames, shield stun is.... I dunno, but definitely less than 20 frames + I think it's 4 frames of landing lag. I'll let Strong Bad fill in the blanks if he's still lurking.
firebird has 9 frames of shieldstun. at least -15 on shield.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I think I went to... 5 tournaments total. I'm here for 10 weeks to intern / stay with family, this being the end of my 9th week. Can't wait to go back to Cali, I miss milktea (the drink) so much.
that's why i love going OOS, there's the addition of playing new people in melee tournaments besides whatever else you're doing

i did this in london/france especially

any eta on the newer matches? i watched the ones from no johns/sudden, thought you were gonna get that jman revenge from dgdtj! you still played great regardless.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I bet you could get closer to some sort of frame advantage with up-b if you did it into a ledge grab and then ledgehopped an aerial. Can't think of when you would ever be able to keep someone in their shield as your up-B charges though. lol

Brookman

Smash Hero
and yet way more clever than some people on this boards will ever be. my tea's gone cold, i'm wonderin' why - i got out of bed at all. The morning rain cloudsup my window and i can't see at all. And even if i could it'd all be grey, but your picture on my wall. It reminds me that it's not so bad - it's not so bad
/ ten

crush

Smash Master
oh i'm definitely underestimating them
i just told you not to :urg:

honestly i underestimated your commentating skills, and i wasnt exactly doing so wrongfully

common taters tier list

God Tier
S0ft

Top Tier
Mike Haggar
Mango

High Tier
Dogysammich
wife

Mid Tier
waffles
chokhater

Low tier
sleepyk
prog
husband

garbage tier
that super old guy who commentated in mlg era

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO

u talkin bout JV?

and yea s0ft is the best

however

even if your commentary is good

i'll underestimate it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
idk, we were evenish before genesis 2 and i got a lot better at genesis 2. haven't played him since tho.

Top Bottom