• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Well, I guess we just see Melee in different ways, then. I tend to think that it has a lot of potential for a vast variety of styles...

Ah, thanks. I always thought that buffering roll = mashing roll.
Then you're bad. The only correct view about smash that is correct is mine. My logic is infallable.

If you're not playing to be flashy as **** you should stop playing Melee all together, and possibly consider suicide.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
Twitch why dont u ever travel OOR with PP?
lots of reasons,

most of them involve me sitting in a car for 8 1/2 hours.

i might have to get home really late or even on monday and screw going to school with no sleep.

i have band stuff to do during the weekend

the main reason is i get really unlucky. but there are also sometimes where i just don't wana because i'm scared of goin OOS. or i'm just lazy. :p

i kind of want to go to apex/rom so let's just see how my luck plays out with that.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i find it hard to believe mango sat down and wrote that. he doesnt strike me as the verbose type. its usually just "ahh, ****, **** u hungry box"

still love it tho

DAT PP POST GONNA BE HOT

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Then you're bad. The only correct view about smash that is correct is mine. My logic is infallable.

If you're not playing to be flashy as **** you should stop playing Melee all together, and possibly consider suicide.
Ah...that actually made me laugh. Thanks. But I didn't see any logic...

Never mind.

unknown522

Some guy
lots of reasons,

most of them involve me sitting in a car for 8 1/2 hours.

i might have to get home really late or even on monday and screw going to school with no sleep.

i have band stuff to do during the weekend

the main reason is i get really unlucky. but there are also sometimes where i just don't wana because i'm scared of goin OOS. or i'm just lazy. :p

i kind of want to go to apex/rom so let's just see how my luck plays out with that.
What do you play in your band? I used to play Tenor Sax

Unknown, who was the commentator in smash till you crash??
I honestly dunno who he is. He's one of the Quebec locals.

I'll let Kage take this one.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mango's blog ahhhh. he's too good.

everyone would've hated melee if he didn't whip out that ****-but-also-trying-to-be-extra-cool fox.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so last night i had a dream (nightmare?) that dr. peepee was going out with one of my exes.

wtf kevin i thought we were cool man.... im defriending u on google+

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah that blog was great. i stayed up later than i should have to finish reading that

but i dunno i have more fun watching mango when hes playing at his best, not his flashiest..but i see where he's coming from. oh well he can play armada at apex.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i played falco yesterday

late dair in the middle of shield

dat 2008 pressure

love it

mango's right lol people do copy each other and follow trends. gotta find oneself in melee. true style.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Meh...not that I don't like Mango's style/his opinion on the game, but he's a person who I find very hard to like. I'd've liked Melee all the same had he not entered with his Fox.

*sigh* If he weren't a douche...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah. yeah that just happens to be his personality. people aren't fans of m2k's personality either. in fact, pp is one of the few champions who happens to be a real gentleman.

however, mango's "ahhh ****. i ****" personality is one of the reasons he wins the way he does. he also happens to live and breathe melee. so i just accept it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The way he spoke in that interview he didn't really help. I'm in the middle of reading the blog, and I've sort of caught my foot in my mouth. However (and I realize that he's, to many, the best Melee player in the world), he's overly arrogant. Can't say that anyone in that position of being the best wouldn't be, but there has to be a certain level of humility that comes with that, because you aren't invincible. The way he talks about Hbox does little for his image, to me. Why attack someone for playing a specific way, if it works and they win? If you don't like Hbox (for whatever reason) don't talk about him period. =P

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
eh i don't care to discuss the rest, but i do agree that it's upsetting to see a top level player bashing on a certain style of play, it's fine that he enjoys beating hbox, but it's all a result from hating his style(and heavily expressing it), and through that MANY others jumped on the hate wagon..now there's tons of people who just hate on hbox/his style, it almost seems less satisfying winning, when you think everyone isn't even giving you credit.

luckily (imo) hbox is a strong guy, i know so many others would've fallen to the communties hatred and switched characters, or just dramatically switched his style [maybe he did a tad bit, i dunno.], but hes stuck through it. props box.

i don't see why our community shouldn't be ready for every possible style out there anyway. there's always gonna be more people like hungrybox's style, and people need to be prepared for it! trying the whole "you're a ****** if you play defensive" thing is pretty stupid.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
eh i don't care to discuss the rest, but i do agree that it's upsetting to see a top level player bashing on a certain style of play, it's fine that he enjoys beating hbox, but it's all a result from hating his style(and heavily expressing it), and through that MANY others jumped on the hate wagon..now there's tons of people who just hate on hbox/his style, it almost seems less satisfying winning, when you think everyone isn't even giving you credit.

luckily (imo) hbox is a strong guy, i know so many others would've fallen to the communties hatred and switched characters, or just dramatically switched his style [maybe he did a tad bit, i dunno.], but hes stuck through it. props box.

i don't see why our community shouldn't be ready for every possible style out there anyway. there's always gonna be more people like hungrybox's style, and people need to be prepared for it! trying the whole "you're a ****** if you play defensive" thing is pretty stupid.
This is the exact same thing that I've been saying/thinking, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Not even so much that I am in love with his style, but that people need to learn to accept play styles that they don't agree with.

Dr. Peepee used to lose to Hbox, if I recall correctly. He didn't constantly complain about how Hbox was gay, or how the MU was gay (even though Falco/Jiggs is kinda dumb for Falco). He just learned it, and got better, and beat Hbox. This is what more people need to do.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think all hbox haters secretly respect him and I also think it's unfair to blame Mango for hbox hate. he may have escalated it, but people haven't enjoy watching 6 minute Jiggs matches at any point in Melee's history.

I wouldn't call myself an hbox hater exactly, but I basically can't stand watching him because I'm just not entertained by it. Putting that aside though, I sure as **** can't just pick up Jiggs and **** people, so I respect the hell out of his ability to actually execute well with the character.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Mango wasn't wrong in that blog post. If you watch the videos from Genesis 2, while Hungrybox played well / extremely clutch like he always does, he couldn't handle the pressure Mango constantly put on him. Hbox also did go crazy after the first match while Armada just sat there, and then the next game he got three stocked while copping out at the end by going for... "questionable" rests and missing them. Now if you mean the general "Hbox is a ****** ***** ***** and plays like a ***", I don't know how much face value to put on that. He says that about everyone from time to time, and he doesn't deny they're top players. He could just be a **** to be honest, but I get a better impression of him than I do about, say, Ken.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i can't fairly say that mango is the full blame, clearly he isn't, but you know when the best player out there is bagging on someone (all the time..) it's gonna catch on and people will find it easier to agree, seeing as it's not that exciting to watch puff already, for most atleast.

Chroma said:
Mango wasn't wrong in that blog post. If you watch the videos from Genesis 2, while Hungrybox played well / extremely clutch like he always does, he couldn't handle the pressure Mango constantly put on him. Hbox also did go crazy after the first match while Armada just sat there, and then the next game he got three stocked while copping out at the end by going for... "questionable" rests and missing them. Now if you mean the general "Hbox is a ****** ***** ***** and plays like a ***", I don't know how much face value to put on that. He says that about everyone from time to time, and he doesn't deny they're top players. He could just be a **** to be honest, but I get a better impression of him than I do about, say, Ken.
yeah i wasn't reffering to putting pressure on hbox's style of play, just the hate. mango says that about everyone? like who else? i hardly ever see him bag on one single player out there, with the exception of hbox ALL THE TIME lol. He does deny hbox as a top player, and thinks he's "gimmicked" his way to top level.

no idea how you could get a better impression on mango than ken..

i still love mango like cray cray!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The way he spoke in that interview he didn't really help. I'm in the middle of reading the blog, and I've sort of caught my foot in my mouth. However (and I realize that he's, to many, the best Melee player in the world), he's overly arrogant. Can't say that anyone in that position of being the best wouldn't be, but there has to be a certain level of humility that comes with that, because you aren't invincible. The way he talks about Hbox does little for his image, to me. Why attack someone for playing a specific way, if it works and they win? If you don't like Hbox (for whatever reason) don't talk about him period. =P
I disagree with that, the true champions all have an unrelenting confidence with themselves and it NEVER falters. How they put it out to others, well now that is a different story.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
i can't fairly say that mango is the full blame, clearly he isn't, but you know when the best player out there is bagging on someone (all the time..) it's gonna catch on and people will find it easier to agree, seeing as it's not that exciting to watch puff already, for most atleast.

yeah i wasn't reffering to putting pressure on hbox's style of play, just the hate. mango says that about everyone? like who else? i hardly ever see him bag on one single player out there, with the exception of hbox ALL THE TIME lol. He does deny hbox as a top player, and thinks he's "gimmicked" his way to top level.

no idea how you could get a better impression on mango than ken..

i still love mango like cray cray!
He kinda bashes Armada, and says that he is also making the game gay. Granted, those are more like side comments, and are nowhere near the extent that he talks about Hbox, but he does seem to give Armada credit, while giving Hbox none.

I disagree with that, the true champions all have an unrelenting confidence with themselves and it NEVER falters. How they put it out to others, well now that is a different story.
There is a difference (as I'm sure you know) between confidence and arrogance. "I can beat them," is confidence. "I'll never lose," or "My play style is the best," is arrogance. Granted, those examples are general, and perhaps I am misinterpreting his confidence for arrogance. But if that's the case, he must know the future or something, cause he's hella confident...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Did you see Ken on Survivor that **** was hilarious

Also why wouldn't Mango be confident do you see how he destroys a lot of top players <_<

Top Bottom