• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

G

genkaku

messing around with shine OoS. It's weird. Makes the game feel different, haha.
When did shine OoS enter the metagame?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
april 23rd 2007
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

PP, how out of date would you say the falco matchup thread is? I remember you saying you changed your views of the marth matchup considerablly since writing about it there, but would you say that about that other matchups?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
random *** fsmash ***** characters with good dash dances. people don't expect it and run too far forward and get their toes ***** by falcos heel which somehow sends them flying.

smash physics.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
advising people to do "random *** fsmash" is probably not great for the community. lol

but i know what you mean, bro.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

PP, how out of date would you say the falco matchup thread is? I remember you saying you changed your views of the marth matchup considerablly since writing about it there, but would you say that about that other matchups?
No idea what I even have in there anymore hahaha but I know at the very least that Fox, Puff, and probably Marth need updating. I'll have to get on them once I get the Mango post written up but honestly they're on the backburner for me since I want to write more fun things right now like general Melee stuff and concepts.

I think after Mahone leaves Sunday I'll rewrite Puff though since I think my understanding of that matchup is more well-rounded now.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
French players (JD and Doraki in particular) discovered it in early 2006 messing around with AR. I don't know if Americans were already aware of it back then. After summer 2006 both Europeans and Americans knew about it for sure, because Doraki played Shiz in friendlies at a big tournament (don't remember which one though) so even if Americans had not invented it yet they surely knew about it from there on.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
French players (JD and Doraki in particular) discovered it in early 2006 messing around with AR. I don't know if Americans were already aware of it back then. After summer 2006 both Europeans and Americans knew about it for sure, because Doraki played Shiz in friendlies at a big tournament (don't remember which one though) so even if Americans had not invented it yet they surely knew about it from there on.
The concept of it occurred to me in 2005. It was actually one of the first things I wanted to try with Falco when I started (like when I was learning l cancels and stuff). Unfortunately I could barely shl back then, let alone shine oos quickly. I'm always impressed when people invent stuff, I feel like there hasn't really been a single thing I've invented or really developed, I just kinda took stuff from other people and mixed it in a weird way.

God damn 2005 was 7 years ago.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
The concept of it occurred to me in 2005. It was actually one of the first things I wanted to try with Falco when I started (like when I was learning l cancels and stuff). Unfortunately I could barely shl back then, let alone shine oos quickly. I'm always impressed when people invent stuff, I feel like there hasn't really been a single thing I've invented or really developed, I just kinda took stuff from other people and mixed it in a weird way.

God damn 2005 was 7 years ago.
I guess you can be hailed as the new inventor of shine oos then haha =P. Unless some other guy like Forward shows up claiming to have invented it earlier. It's definitely time to introduce patents for AT as well lol. Everytime you shine OOS, you owe Zhu 1$. Falco dittos = PROFIT.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't approve.

if that were the case, i "invented" shine usmash, shinegrabs, shinelands and basicially anything to do with shine turnaround. lol

there were actually a lot of little technical things i thought of only to realize someone somewhere already does it. i love innovation, so i like when people make advancements to a game i don't even play anymore.

crush

Smash Master
i invented this thing with ganon where when ganon tries to grab a crouching puff he misses and the puff rests, ganon can mash taunt as soon as he sees his grab miss and lots of the time the taunt will force him off the ground and puff will miss the rest

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Zhu you may not have invented it, but you definitely popularized the use of shine waveland combos for the majority players. dem happy feet.

mers

Smash Ace
i invented this thing with ganon where when ganon tries to grab a crouching puff he misses and the puff rests, ganon can mash taunt as soon as he sees his grab miss and lots of the time the taunt will force him off the ground and puff will miss the rest
I wish that was a real thing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
advising people to do "random *** fsmash" is probably not great for the community. lol

but i know what you mean, bro.
"random *** fsmash" isn't the correct way to say what I mean, but at least you understand what I mean.

I hit with that so often in AZ that we've nicknamed it "Psychic Fsmash"

Walt

Smash Ace
I INVENTED SHIELD DROP>SHINE FOR A FASTER SHINE OOS AND ALLOWS YOU TOO DJ WAVELAND FOR STARTING SHINE COMBOS EASILY*

*I HAVE NO IDEA IF I INVENTED THIS AND CAN'T DO IT CONSISTENTLY NOR DO I EVEN PLAY FALCO REALLY**

**someone start doing this it's awesome looking

crush

Smash Master
I invented royal decree.

Pretty much only thing I've ever invented in my life.

Edit:nevermind I've invented two good recipes for chocolate chip cookies and pancakes.
:phone:

TheLake

Smash Master
I will say this...cause I never felt this way

I never thought PP was one of the best in the world..

But Ive never been more wrong about anything ever.

The one thing that pepole dont give pp credit for

though i could be wrong but havent seen....

is he like the only god tier player

that actually helps other players

and he is so good at understanding one character

that you can be better overall with every character just by reading

literally

anything he posts

Like If PP ripped cut off his finger

and fed it to you

you would be a god tier player

cause hes just that good

<3 PP

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Except I'm playing with Mahone(well he's playing stupid matchups with Twitch atm I'm about to go make it srs in there again lol) atm so I haven't been around helping much. Don't worry though I have tons of ideas of things to write about. Only a matter of time. =)

My Falcon is my worst character against Puff. I wanna just go hit her too badly with him LOL and my stomp tech chases are kinda whack.

Let's see a Falco thing......Dsmash and Dair more to edgeguard Puff. She's whack offstage and only does moves to push you away or distract you from her being in a vulnerable position.

I'll be playing more Falco after this weekend but that's the only big stuff off the top I have for now.

Top Bottom