• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Pi

Smash Hero
^how do u figure?
m2k is just gonna come in and be like 'yea i'm probably going to lose, i have this mental block blah blah blah falco shuts down marth blah blah i don't even feel like going etc. probably going to quit after this event unless people want me to play blah blah smash is a job emo this emo that blah blah'

and then proceed to have fun at the tourney and do well Zzz

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
^how do u figure?
m2k is just gonna come in and be like 'yea i'm probably going to lose, i have this mental block blah blah blah falco shuts down marth blah blah i don't even feel like going etc. probably going to quit after this event unless people want me to play blah blah smash is a job emo this emo that blah blah'

YUUUUP.

:awesome:

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
I suppose that can work too @ CC.

And I said Falco could technically follow any SDI but it's not like the Falco PLAYER can't be tricked sometimes.

YO, I JUST WANTED TO SAY

**** YOU M2K! You ain't ****, your mom ain't ****, your dog ain't ****. Get on my ****in' level, I'm gonna break my Falco boot off in your *** at RoM *****.

And yo Mango, step your ****ing game up, you ain't even on my radar for RoM. **** I'm thinking of running through this tourney with pichu since Armada's staying in EU I got no damn competition.

akakakakakakakakakakakakakak
Then I read the edit and I busted out laughing

:phone:

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
^how do u figure?

this post.

kevlar

Smash Cadet
Well, with such a supportive community, he's bound to stay around. I don't know him, but I know what it's like to feel like a game is a job, and it's definitely frustrating, moreso with such a difficult game like melee. While I think it's rather silly that he has such talent (and can easily make money off of this talent too) and wants to quit, you've got to see where he's coming from. He's won countless tournaments, beaten mango, beaten ken, and (i think) armada too and gone through just about every smash legend there is. What more does he really have to prove? With nothing to prove, no desire to improve, no reason to improve (he's better at brawl, which has more people, so bigger prizes) and it's not fun, why continue playing?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
kevlar i think you're a little misinformed. M2k hasnt beat mango since pound3 afaik and hasnt beat armada (armada is 3-0 in sets vs him). I think a lot of his frustration is that he was once the best in the world and unbeatable but now can't beat certain players even though he demolishes a lot of really good ones.

kevlar

Smash Cadet
I'm sure you're right ( I don't keep up on sets much, I usually watch about 1 or 2 vids from a set, then watch something else) but the point is that he has nothing left to prove. Otherwise, if he were to try, he may be able to beat these good players. Playing brawl certainly doesn't help, but neither does an unsupportive community who acts a bit unappreciatively considering how much he has advanced the metagame since he began. You may have a good point about being unable to beat certain players, but I don't believe that's the only reason.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It means that he can't win anymore, essentially. They're more or less kicking him out; I can't see him having the motivation to pick up another character from scratch.

He's prolly gonna devote all his time in the next 4 years to obsessively breaking 64 down into RPS situations and planking with kirby TBH.

Pi

Smash Hero
if he's concerned about his life as a whole then he needs to devote his focus (which afaik is his plan currently) to sorting out what exactly he's going to do as a profession and working towards that

i believe he said something about designing games or programming or something, he's going to school for all that now, so he's doing that and good for him

smash is the wrong series to get into for monetary gain
if only our company actually recognized and supported us Zzz
oh you're a true nintendo fanboy? well **** you you're playing our games wrong

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
M2K, I know you've probably heard this a thousand times already from a bunch of different people, but you're an inspiration to me as a smasher, and you have been for as long as I can remember. I can understand your view on things, but seeing you down like this just doesn't seem right.

I'm not trying to influence any of your personal decisions, but you know better than I do that there are a ton of people within this community that all care about you and respect you for how godly you are at this game. No one will put it past you to get even better.

Pi

Smash Hero
M2K didn't get to be M2K because people praised and supported his rise to the top
he got to be M2K because nobody believed in him and he pushed his own damn self to become the best at something

i don't know where along the line he lost that, but for years now people have been trying to tell him that he actually is good, and that they hate to see him down, offering sympathy, or advice, or help in many different ways

and he's remained the same depressing person through all of that, always complaining, always doubting himself

M2K let me ask you, was this the mindset you held when you strove to be the best? maybe you ought to think back and reclaim some of your former motivation and pride -.-

cause you look ****in pathetic right now

and you all think you're helping him by saying all this supportive stuff? really? are you new to this game or what?
people have been helping, or trying to help, this kid out for years, and he's shown like no improvement or desire to be helped
he needs to do things for himself

IMO he'd be better off if we all started ignoring him again and he felt like he had something to prove, instead of being dragged along by supporters of a once great champion turned whiny brat

Bones0

Smash Legend
M2K didn't get to be M2K because people praised and supported his rise to the top
he got to be M2K because nobody believed in him and he pushed his own damn self to become the best at something

i don't know where along the line he lost that, but for years now people have been trying to tell him that he actually is good, and that they hate to see him down, offering sympathy, or advice, or help in many different ways

and he's remained the same depressing person through all of that, always complaining, always doubting himself

M2K let me ask you, was this the mindset you held when you strove to be the best? maybe you ought to think back and reclaim some of your former motivation and pride -.-

cause you look ****in pathetic right now

and you all think you're helping him by saying all this supportive stuff? really? are you new to this game or what?
people have been helping, or trying to help, this kid out for years, and he's shown like no improvement or desire to be helped
he needs to do things for himself

IMO he'd be better off if we all started ignoring him again and he felt like he had something to prove, instead of being dragged along by supporters of a once great champion turned whiny brat
If you look strictly at the correlation, most players have done their best when they have had massive support. A similar thing seemed to happen to Mango/M2K. When they started being viewed as the top dog instead of the lovable under dog, people stopped rooting for them and they lost motivation.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
If you look strictly at the correlation, most players have done their best when they have had massive support. A similar thing seemed to happen to Mango/M2K. When they started being viewed as the top dog instead of the lovable under dog, people stopped rooting for them and they lost motivation.
This. Mango noted something similar to this in saying that no one really cares when he wins anymore, but when he loses it seems to be the biggest deal ever.

Pi

Smash Hero
sure if you focus primarily on that 1 match that would be consider an 'upset' or an 'underdog' situation

but as a whole, there's no support pre-tournament when you're at home w/ your friends bouncing ideas back and forth
or alone in your room looking at frame data and analyzing hypothetical situations that might occur in a match

that's all you, and you're doing it for you, to prove something
not because you've got an audience behind a two way mirror in your room cheering you on as you practice tech skill

in fact your point may even support mine, in the fact that the only instance mango felt he needed to 'try' was to 'prove something to the community'
that he was still a top contender

sure there were still supporters of mango saying he was still the best, but as a whole, his rep as the best smash player came into question, and you had a lot of people (myself included) saying that he had fallen off, and that he wasn't going his main because he would lose

so those doubts, moreso than the support, caused him to try and train and bring out the tryhard mango who can do it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ask him that yourself!

IMO mango is trying hard when he goes marth vs m2k's marth. just not the best matchup for him

Top Bottom