• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mango would absolutely tap Armada no questions asked. He just has to take it seriously.

I think I can beat Armada and Mango is much harder to figure out.

I didn't know what to say after I beat M2K. I literally just said something. Didn't mean to make the focus about planking sorry.

And sometimes I can't be about appealing to other people so much as bringing hype and bringing people to tournaments to keep this wonderful game to life as well as keep me from beating myself through being intimidated by my opponents before I played them. THAT was the point of the display of confidence. I did something wrong though....I'll figure out where it is and fix it.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i think you should act however you want, you deserve to be as cocky as you want, you worked to be able to have that mentality. or you dont have to, doesnt matter.

just dont let the game stress you as much as it does, i mean be upset about losing, but not to the point where you see it like your getting fired..seems overly hard on you.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think this is mad fun to read as well

you can do it pp

you see, on that third time mango tried to friendly and you said you didn't wanna get tired and got mad, that just showed how much more fired up mango was than you!

keep the fire burning hard NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES! even if you need some kind of arbitrary symbolism to change your mindset (like how mango does with colors,) just do it no matter what it takes!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Fascinating write up PP. A few lines really jumped out and grabbed me.
I couldn't really bring myself to get incredibly into the match and quit trash talking because I just felt like I shouldn't have to and couldn't shake that notion for a while. This mindset screwed me over throughout the entire tournament and in finals.
So you're saying your willingness/need to trash talk him prevented you from playing as well as you could have? interesting.

I would **** Mango's Fox in tournament for anyone reading.....I have a theory about Mango's Fox but just know that
Could you explain this a little more? What have you figured out? I would understand if you prefer to keep it as a secret to yourself so mango doesnt adjust.

Sounds like a large stakes MM needs to happen.

He was going neutral Falco(it matters).
Eventually I forced Mango to play full on seriously. He plays blue Falco when he does this(so you all know). I was playing pretty well vs him by then but I was so mentally fatigued from trying to figure out what was going on with his new approaches and mixups he did(had to relearn since it was harder/newer than what neutral Falco did)
This is by far the most interesting thing imo.

The fact that the color disparity exists in his playstyle blows my mind. Could you elaborate a bit? what was he doing new/better as blue falco that was absent from his neutral falco play?

So he uses the jacket color to channel his effort. Like, in his mind the color registers as a marker to him to remind him to do things/play a certain way? Fascinating.

I only took 2 games off of serious blue Falco I think and we played upwards of 15.
damn....

I finally wanted to go in there and **** when I played M2K last game of LFs and that's when he innovated that quit out he did.
This made me lol so hard. M2k, the consummate innovator.

then I came out putting all of my tricks I SHOULD HAVE BEEN USING ALL ALONG BUT DIDN'T BECAUSE I'M STUPID
this made me sad.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
i didn't want to bring that up because that's what a large part of why i fumed halfway home and didn't want to write it out.

Basically i wouldn't put it past him.

I'm dumb
hahaha lmfao

Lol you definitely aren't dumb, I believe somethings do happen that are outside our control, if you didn't play any friendlies or you did other things differently could've of changed the outcome but that's something we'll never know because there are way to many variables possible, hell even talking to someone else may change how a game is played out. That's life and it's mystery.
How can you even say that. PP underestimated his opponent based on the color he picked? Are you kidding me? I'm not trying to be a jerk but that's really dumb. Especially for a player of PP's caliber. PP should be upset with himself, if this all wasn't so funny I'd be upset with him too.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
what u do wrong is u dont shine out of shield in falco dittos

imo
UGH

double shine

yes I let him pressure me too much but not always

I'm not explaining more

Fascinating write up PP. A few lines really jumped out and grabbed me.
So you're saying your willingness/need to trash talk him prevented you from playing as well as you could have? interesting.

Could you explain this a little more? What have you figured out? I would understand if you prefer to keep it as a secret to yourself so mango doesnt adjust.

Sounds like a large stakes MM needs to happen.

This is by far the most interesting thing imo.

The fact that the color disparity exists in his playstyle blows my mind. Could you elaborate a bit? what was he doing new/better as blue falco that was absent from his neutral falco play?

So he uses the jacket color to channel his effort. Like, in his mind the color registers as a marker to him to remind him to do things/play a certain way? Fascinating.

damn....

This made me lol so hard. M2k, the consummate innovator.

this made me sad.
My only comment on Mango's Fox is it seems like more of a CP than an actual character.

He probably was blowing smoke partially on colors but he does stupid SH/FH drift stuff with blue Falco on his approaches and shield pressure that blew my mind. I'll be more ready for them in the future.

hahaha lmfao

How can you even say that. PP underestimated his opponent based on the color he picked? Are you kidding me? I'm not trying to be a jerk but that's really dumb. Especially for a player of PP's caliber. PP should be upset with himself, if this all wasn't so funny I'd be upset with him too.
this

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mango would absolutely tap Armada no questions asked. He just has to take it seriously.
I wouldn't go that far, though he'd probably win.

This is something that I thought about you the first time I read one of your posts: that you would just get too far into your head about things, and then that would kill you. And it seems like it did.

Just remember these things for Apex. Confidence, not arrogance, wins.

Van.

Smash Ace
I can't help but notice that pp's post reminds me alot of what the new m2k would say had he done a write up.

Don't go down that road, man

SUNG475

Smash Ace
@SUNG

just watching the first link, you have a solid game imo, your biggest flaw to me is your combo consistency, and also your survival ability. almost everytime you took a stock off wes, he'd come back and kill you basically right away. I feel your strategy of going to the ledge most of the time while he has invincibility isn't working.

i honestly feel the powershielding on a platform trick is hella good to use here and there. also just quick random rolls till they lose their invincibility is decent..

also im not sure if you were doing it, i might've missed it, but you need to shine OOS with good consistency, it can definitely make or break the ditto.

mix in more shine grabs and double shines, i felt you applied aerial pressure far too often by itself
why Yoshi's every game?

bair is a crutch for you, you're spamming it and all your first hits are coming from it, which sucks because low % bair in dittos doesn't lead to much at the spacing you're hitting it from.

basically, you never hits dairs, nairs or shines and the few times you do, you're missing follow ups. It's a pretty simple case of your opponent punishing you way harder because he's hitting with the moves that allow him to do so while you only feel comfortable spacing bairs from the neutral position. this probably spawns from the fact that your opponent has a much tighter shield pressure and OoS game than you do, so every time you guys end up close he styles on you, regardless of who's the aggressor. You need to get better at shine OoS and shield pressure mix ups so that you can actually get in close on him without losing the exchange 80% of the time. then when you get better at that, you need to get a lot better at following up. You can't be dropping shine combos before you dump 30+% on him the way you did in that match.
Thanks for the advice! Yea I'm definitely bad at shine oos, I can't seem to get the hang of using it and everytime I do I spotdodge or something else. My favorite stage is yoshis so I usually go there even though I was dropping combos like mad which isn't far from what I do normally... Yes I rely a lot on my bairs for a bunch of other MUs I'll try to use more nairs/dairs next time and get heavier punishes started.

Do you guys think it's a good idea to ever go on the ledge right after you've killed your opponent in any matchup? Because I always seem to get hit and die when they respawn. Thanks again!

Battlecow

Play to Win
My predictions for Apex:

1. PP (don't hate, he still got this)

2. Mango

3. Hbox (DAT SHEIK)

4. M2K (gets his groove back and really kicks **** into gear in the next month and a half)

5. Armada (I love you, man, but I love America more)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
If you want PP, i'll tap mango with my Yoshi for you? =3 I doubt he's seen this MU! >.<;

However if i do this, you must become a Yoshi main? Deal? =3

Sorry don't get angry at me.. :(

Just tryna cheer you up ya know? <3 PP <3

I do wanna play Mango with my Yoshi though.. >.>

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
DRPP thanks for the $1 money match, I had a lot of fun. I'm hoping to take more than one stock off you in 3 games at apex. Might even go for four stocks in one match. ;]

-CK.

crush

Smash Master
DRPP thanks for the $1 money match, I had a lot of fun. I'm hoping to take more than one stock off you in 3 games at apex. Might even go for four stocks in one match. ;]

-CK.
You'll never take four stocks off PP spamming lasers and d smash with no emotion. U get beat in <3 minutes by a preschooler with <3 stocks, even with my advice. I'm actually personally offended at how bad you are, after all of my advice you still can't even DI marths chaingrabs >.> you make me feel as if I have failed as a teacher, and then when i cry because of missed walljump shines you sit there laughing like a black kid because you are a minority and you dont have feelings :glare:

Sorry for derailing your thread PP, some people just need to be called out for ignoring other people s lessons and advice

:phone:
edit: for me its usually easier when marth can only get to the ledge with up-b to just edgehog with invincibility, but I guess lightshield can force him on stage easily and into bad positions sometimes

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
You'll never take four stocks off PP spamming lasers and d smash with no emotion. U get beat in <3 minutes by a preschooler with <3 stocks, even with my advice. I'm actually personally offended at how bad you are, after all of my advice you still can't even DI marths chaingrabs >.> you make me feel as if I have failed as a teacher, and then when i cry because of missed walljump shines you sit there laughing like a black kid because you are a minority and you dont have feelings :glare:

Sorry for derailing your thread PP, some people just need to be called out for ignoring other people s lessons and advice

:phone:
crush, that was hilarious. u goin to MM or GTC?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Leffen talks a lot of **** and is generally an obnoxious person. Also he's on Armada's **** in the same way that I'm on America's ****, so if my **** beats his **** I win the cockfight.
Well i know leffen talks a lot of ****, way to much ****. but imo that doesn't change my opinion of Armada.

I am not going to respond to the cockfight thing b/c i am at a loss of words when it comes to responding to it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what theeee
reading this thread confused me...don't take things for granted PP.
how are u so sure u can beat armada? lmao
edit: just take things 1 step at a time. if you're going for the gold, you can't jump straight to the silver, you've gotta work your way past the bronze.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's all in your head. =P But anyways I was just saying it's wrong to downtalk yourself when you can simply fix the mistake for next time.

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
It's all in your head. =P But anyways I was just saying it's wrong to downtalk yourself when you can simply fix the mistake for next time.
agreed, beating up on yourself won't help, only troubleshooting will. although we all feel that anger sometimes. damn it sucks.

Foxlisk, I can't stop thinking in terms of haikus. I hate it.

EDIT: How good is tech chasing with lasers? Can't people just get out of it by buffer rolling, or fulljumping? If i can't just regrab, or drill, what's wrong wtih laser regrabbing, or laser-->shine? I think tech chasing is a part of my game that really could use work.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
PP, the fact that your post was less professional didn't make it any less worth reading :)

It was a good post, and I think pretty much everyone enjoyed it.

I'm kinda surprised no one has noticed the mango color thing before you said it >_>

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I always thought that his red was "patient Falco," his neutral was "okay, kinda trying but kinda not Falco," and his blue was, "tryhard **** Falco." Then again, I don't really put that much stock into it. As in, I don't think we should start making strategies for each of his color choices. It's all a mind trick (which I'm surprised that Peepee let get to him that much).

Top Bottom