• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
u just have to learn up smash OOS for falco dittos

otherwise late nairs are ALWAYS gonna **** u

that's number 1

Also, finish ur combos with Down smash, (Dair -> D-smash, Nair -> D-smash, or Fair -> D-smash, or even a tech chase to down smash) then go off stage and gimp them if they are low enough that forward B won't go high enough to reach the ledge

I think those should be your 2 biggest priorities for that MU.

that will double your ability in the MU if you mastered both. that's my opinion

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
Oh and CK, yeah I watch most SC:BW channels, but it sucks that Jon747 got taken down

Now it's all nevake

Did you all know that nevake is a smasher too?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TNqQULH40c
That was from 2006
Yea. It's probably just a matter of time before Klaz/Cholera/Rise get taken down too. I met Rise in 2009 when I was first getting into competitive gaming. Nice guy. But now I spend all my time playing smash. I think smash is a lot more fun anyways.

Armada

Smash Lord
Eh, it happens. Tournament and whatnot(SCRUB OMFG [loooolllll]).

You owe me some Fox/Peach and Marth/Peach(your peach obv LMAOOOO my peach is booty) games if I'm playing your Falco though =p

I'll respond to the rest in a bit.
Sounds perfect =)

Am I supposed to play my favorite color as Falco or should I switch between them?
Guess we have to mix up with the green color :p

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
u just have to learn up smash OOS for falco dittos

otherwise late nairs are ALWAYS gonna **** u

that's number 1

Also, finish ur combos with Down smash, (Dair -> D-smash, Nair -> D-smash, or Fair -> D-smash, or even a tech chase to down smash) then go off stage and gimp them if they are low enough that forward B won't go high enough to reach the ledge

I think those should be your 2 biggest priorities for that MU.

that will double your ability in the MU if you mastered both. that's my opinion
repetition is the best way to remember things Dark Hart.

and I have yet to see falco's use up smash OOS yet. It is a great counter to delayed aerials.
he's right *shrug

I'm stubborn anyway so it's good you do it. XD

Sounds perfect =)

Am I supposed to play my favorite color as Falco or should I switch between them?
Guess we have to mix up with the green color :p
IDGAF WHAT COLOR YOU PLAY OMG

if you want green you can have it even though I main Falco you jerkholeface

or we can color glitch ROFL

ps I bet you only like green because I play him ;)

Bones0

Smash Legend
I guess you are starting to realize that you're not going to live down the Mango's color changing incident for a while. I can just imagine your face turning red every time someone mentions it.

Is red your try-hard face?

Beat!

Smash Master
So how is one supposed to finish combos in Falco dittos? Supposedly M2K has some ideas but I feel like he hasn't expressed himself clearly quite yet. Hmm...

Also, if anyone knows any underused OOS responses vs Falco pressure I'd like to hear it. Specifically against late... nairs. Again, I seem to recall hearing something, but somehow it has slipped away.

If only someone could refresh my memory...

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I don't really get M2K's dsmash -> jump offstage shine bair thing. Dsmash doesn't actually force them to up B below the stage unless they DIed down... usually they go slightly upwards so they end up being pretty much horizontal, and they have the option to jump and side B if they want. Dsmash is good but at mid percents I don't see how it gives guaranteed kills

D

Deleted member

upsmash oos is only good at 17+%. any time before that it doesn't knock over and the user can get shined by the other falco super easily. so unless you hit with like an aerial and a few lasers early the delayed aerial is still going to be legit pressure. even at 17% above it's only a tech roll away and you're back to a neutral game.

falco doesn't have too many answers to his own pressure game. neither does the rest of the cast. surprising right?

but ya hitting people into dsmash is gold in the ditto and gets better the closer you are to the edge.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
At higher %s, it forces up B because they get hit harder and drop farther down before they can jump due to the hitstun.

At lower %s, it (down smashing them off stage) forces them to choose between illusion and up B to recover with

if you think they will illusion, and you either down smash or edge hog the illusion, then they will die from that.

so basically, you kind of get a 50/50 off of down smashing them off at lower %s. At higher %s, where they have NO CHOICE but to up B, you have a 100% chance of getting the kill.

think about it.

D

Deleted member

at 38% upsmash oos goes into shine on bad/no DI. it seems really hard to do anything off of even at ideal % if the opponent DIs the way falco is facing.

jumping vs being grounded makes no difference.

leffen

Smash Champion
If they DI down then what he says is true, otherwise no. they can easily get onstage with side b lol (+ shortening mindgames) if they DI upwards .

oh and you can EASILY tech the dsmash (you know the sheik ****) so its not that good if they expect it, its just a DI mindgame, not a guaranteed kill or even close to it lmao (but then again americans still don't tech falcos dsmash with sheik so I see why m2k suggests it)

@Umbreon- Who said anything about late nairs not being "legit" pressure cause of usmash lol.
and "the cast doesn't have too many answers vs falcos pressure" LMFAO

Why don't you just wd oos -> punish vs late nairs or jump to shine/nair, usmash isn't that reliable until 50%+

D

Deleted member

upsmash oos is reliable @ 38%. well, as reliable as it's going to be.

even if you have the reflexes to punish falco's pressure, some of his pressure options there are no answers to unless you call it as a read which is super risky.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
leffen, I said the main way is to end your combos in down smash. Meaning, they would be in the air most situations. Higher %s it forces an up B, but if you down smash them off, and predict that they will illusion to the edge or back onto the stage, and you down smash their illusion, they die anyway. It either kills, or puts them in a really really bad position.

leffen

Smash Champion
u do realize that falco has to "read" with his pressure just as much as you have to read with your counter measures? Every pressure option has big holes in it <_>

@M2K If they are in the air then they can DI away from it and it wont hit (nair, fair, weakbair and upair don't link to dsmash if you DI up, only dair does, which means they can tech it).

I really don't get why you people are so fkn obsessed with making everything seem easy. Seriously, this isn't street fighter.

D

Deleted member

making everything easier means you'll have a better chance to hit it and makes you more consistent.

falco might have to read a little but once he's in pressure mode he's already at the advantageous position so all he has to do is avoid getting hit out of it to hold that momentum. it's irrelevant whether his pressure actually hits or not because as long as he has the advantage he has inevitability on his side and he'll get a mix-up or a shield poke or bait something from his opponent etc. eventually. the idea is to recognize those holes and cover them or use them to your advantage.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think it's wrong to suggest Falco never gets punished for pressure though. The inevitability of getting hit goes both ways. The only catch is that you have a higher chance of landing a hit if you're the Falco as opposed to the shielding character. I wouldn't say the chance is 10x higher or anything though; more like 70-30 at best. Depending on how hard you are pushing your pressure, you will get different results.

leffen

Smash Champion
dude I love how you always fail to give any relevant example and just keep ****ting out generalizations.

and if you think its good to get more "consistent" by ignoring all the other options and yours counter measures then lmfao.
wait why am I suprised, you live in a land where religion is still dominant.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Aw, leffen. There was no reason to bring religion into it. :glare:

But there can never be a "just do this" answer to this game, because everything you do has a risk. You have to consider your opponent's options with dealing with your pressure, what you've conditioned them to do/expect already, the frame nuances...this game is a lot more than "do this and ****."

Bones0

Smash Legend
dude I love how you always fail to give any relevant example and just keep ****ting out generalizations.

and if you think its good to get more "consistent" by ignoring all the other options and yours counter measures then lmfao.
Woah man... low blow.

We're less than 250 years old. You have to give us some time to mature. :|

johns? lol

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That's true as well...but the "best" option and the "right" option aren't always the same.

leffen

Smash Champion
^yeah m2k like atheism being superior over christianity in every single way

*troll mode off*

Obviously there is, but stop saying "OMG JUST DO THIS" instead of "Try implementing X".
You just end up looking shallow when you do the above >_>.

Mahone

Smash Champion

Why am i suprised you would say this bull**** you meatball and lingonberry sauce loving... zipper and refrigerator inventing... 87% of the population Lutheran religion practicing *****....

I'll mm you for $50 Kronas at apex

Mew2King

King of the Mews
no, the reason I say it like that is so the person I am trying to get the point across ACTUALLY REMEMBERS WHAT I'm SAYING AND HAS IT HELP THEM

You can't just throw tons of stuff at a person and expect them to just remember it all. You have to have them master the fundamental MOST IMPORTANT OVERALL things first. Up smash OOS is a very good fundamental, because it beats something that PP is losing to - delayed Nairs. It doesn't just get PP away from the situation; it allows him to counterattack too and turn the tables on his opponent after landing one. I am stressing this point so that it helps him. Throwing tons of data is DEFINITELY SOMETHING I COULD DO, but I think it would be too much and would be a waste of time, because that wouldn't really be helping him unless he has a super duper god-brain and can take in stuff from all of that that I said.

I guarantee you I have thought about more combinations for most situations than probably ANYBODY else has.

leffen

Smash Champion
Why am i suprised you would say this bull**** you meatball and lingonberry sauce loving... zipper and refrigerator inventing... 87% of the population Lutheran religion practicing *****....

I'll mm you for $50 Kronas at apex
lmaooooooo ;D

it wasnt a serious remark lol, just a random comment that I knew would upset so many proud nationalists for no reason.

oh and that "87%" **** is so wrong.

also only americans write money with a "$" beforehand, but i'm not suprised that you don't know that.

edit:
At the end of 2009, 71.3% of Swedes belonged to the Church of Sweden (Lutheran); this number has been decreasing by about 1% a year for the last two decades.[134][135] However, only approximately 2% of the church's members regularly attend Sunday services

Despite a high formal membership rate in the Church of Sweden, some studies have found Sweden to be one of the least religious countries in the world, with one of the highest levels of atheism. According to different studies, between 46% and 85% of Swedes do not believe in God.

Mahone

Smash Champion
lmaooooooo ;D

it wasnt a serious remark lol, just a random comment that I knew would upset so many proud nationalists for no reason.

oh and that "87%" **** is so wrong.

also only americans write money with a "$" beforehand, but i'm not suprised that you don't know that.

edit:
Are you suggesting that i just googled that statistic????? I know that from the many years that i lived in Sweden working as a statistician...

Also i wasn't serious about the $, i just knew that it would uspet those from the land of the midnight sun

Top Bottom