• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member

I'm a birdman. gonna stun a nigga. get your shine on.

lol @ 3:18 and on. random black dude crying, looking out to the night sky for an answer:

BIRDMAN
GET YOUR SHINE ON

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dang pp

have u been watching the new armada vids?

u really got ur work cut out for u... but at the same time, the new vids may help you learn where peach may or may not have openings! man hes so freaking good. cant wait to see some matches between u and him

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't get much at all out of the new matches, actually.

Everyone played right into him. If I stick to my game I can win and that's all there is to it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
alright, i like that hahah. best of luck

by luck i mean i hope ur lasers dont get powershielded too much, and that he doesnt pull too many stitches

but im sure the pp style can conquer luck as well

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
I have a question please someone answer me...
how do I train for the "stairs combos" ? (we call them that in France)
I'm talking about jump + shine + waveland on a platform. I'm having trouble integrating that move in my game...
thx for any answer that might be helpful :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the timing for shining and then wavelanding on a platform is comparable to waveshining on the ground with fox.

I guess im the one holding down the boards now that everyone who is anyone is at pound

D

Deleted member

I didn't get much at all out of the new matches, actually.

Everyone played right into him. If I stick to my game I can win and that's all there is to it.
Falco is the ultimate mindfuck in a way. Falco rewards confidence the best and punishes a lack of confidence the hardest. You can't ever question your focus or it starts to slip, and then so does your performance.

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
Falco is the ultimate mindfuck in a way. Falco rewards confidence the best and punishes a lack of confidence the hardest. You can't ever question your focus or it starts to slip, and then so does your performance.
This is why I suck. I've never been a very confident player, and when I am confident, my confidence wanes easily.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Confidence is gained by having attainable goals. Once you achieve it then little by little, you increase the difficulty of a goal. You need reasons in order to keep going strong. Why do you play smash? =) Once you answer that properly, then there's no longer a reason to lose confidence when you lose, you just keep going happily. =)

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
Confidence is gained by having attainable goals. Once you achieve it then little by little, you increase the difficulty of a goal. You need reasons in order to keep going strong. Why do you play smash? =) Once you answer that properly, then there's no longer a reason to lose confidence when you lose, you just keep going happily. =)
Because smash is fun and I enjoy the company of those around me. Smash is a social convention in my eyes. It's like a nerd's super bowl.

Playing competitive plays third fiddle to these.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Y does the community as a whole lack confidence??? Don't ppl no to be the next pp/shiz/pp u need confidence? I find it funny when ppl say pp/m2k/shiz is gonna win this that and the 3rd. I try to say imma win cuz that's my goal and I want to achieve or come pretty dam close to winning tourneys. That's the mind of a smasher/gamer who will eventually reach their goal with hardwork.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
does the community really lack confidence? feel like i've seen a distribution comparable to that of various sports teams i've played on or to people i have met in general.

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
then unfortunately you will lose, but if that's alright then it's alright! :)
I still generally place well within my region, and I have the capability of beating high-tier players, but I'll never be part of the higher echelon of players for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that my smash career ends in March.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Hey, is doing the double ledgehopped lasers at a good height just a matter of hitting B really quickly after jumping back up?
Well there's a ledgehop high/low double laser, and theres a ledgehop double mid laser. Simply a matter of how low you drop and how quickly you press B after the jump. Drop, jump, immediately after press B 2-3 times. You'll learn the timing if you play with it a little.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Fox vs Falco on FD is just silly. 1 grab should'nt be able to do 80% that easy. I prolly prefer BF and YS against fox as falco. Well, anything that can stop the CGing really except FoD's platforms cuz they just mess up everything

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Y does the community as a whole lack confidence??? Don't ppl no to be the next pp/shiz/pp u need confidence? I find it funny when ppl say pp/m2k/shiz is gonna win this that and the 3rd. I try to say imma win cuz that's my goal and I want to achieve or come pretty dam close to winning tourneys. That's the mind of a smasher/gamer who will eventually reach their goal with hardwork.
are you kidding me? everyone i talk to thinks they can beat people wayy better than they are and that they're almost at the pro level and all sorts of unreasonable ****

Top Bottom