• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
nice list, wiseguy. just a few things:

1) Lucario AND Deoxys, but no Mewtwo? I realized he sucked in Melee, but he's very important to the Pokemon story, had his own movie, and is one of he most powerful Pokemon ever.

2) ROB? ...ROB? I'll never understand why people like him. -_-

3) I could do without the girl from Fire Emblem.

4) Like, 6 third parties? Get rid of Sora, Belmont, & Bonk (although I love Bonk, Megaman & Sonic are more deserving).

5) I LOVE your stages. Especially Warp Stone, Retro Bowser Castle, and Tetra's Ship. Good job.

6) Thumbs up on including Olimar. I remember that you liked him from the Captain Olimar thread...too bad it died. :[

Overall, I'd say 8.5/10 on your list.
Soon I'm gonna make a thread for my character/stage/item predictions/suggestions (yeah, even item suggestions). Check it out. Also, once I make the thread, is it okay if in my stage section if I include the three stages I mentioned above? Of course, I'd give you credit for them. Just wonderin, because I really liked them. Let me know. Thanks. :)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
In my message, I explained that "technically it would be another link, even though it obviously wont have anywhere near the same moveset". The feeling of having 3 links (if WW link is in) in any form feels... a little overdone. If WW link isnt, well it wouldnt feel so bad.
Okay, I guess technically, yes, there would be "another Link" with Wolf Link. However, anyone with a brain could see that Midna is the focus (having the majority of the moves) of the two and would not really see it as such.

But also what bothers me for a wolf/imp combo is the size of the thing. It would almost be the size of Bowser (in my mind)....etc.
I don't see the problem. I honestly was seeing Wolf Link about as tall as Ness and then just add half of Ness to Wolf Link for Midna's head.

one thing thats no matter what if shes in:
FInal Smash = Fused Shadows. (erm... most likely?)

All in all, I really cant say much until shes been announced or not. (nobody can really!) :)

have fun yos
Definately all the way across.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
i actualy have a cat on my lap as i post this:laugh:

Omliar i do not think will make it, in my opinion Waluigi>omliar

I think only has a little chance, unless he is to replace Game&watch he will not make it
Pay attention Koarin. You might learn something. ;)

Captian Olimar is the star of the Gamecube's most ingenius and groundbreaking series: Pikmin. Created by Shigeru Miamoto himself (You might have heard of him. He's made a few decent games in his day...) these games blended RTS and adventure gameplay with stunning graphics, pitch perfect controls, and surprising dark themes. The games themselves were both critical and comercial success, and are generally considered to be to be among the best games of all the last gen consoles.

Olimar himself is, in my view, Nintendo's greatest videogame character ever.
Olimar is one of the most requested characters on Sakurai's poll, and easily the most original charcater imaginable. He is up there with Diddy and Ridley in terms of his worthiness.

Vali put it much better when he created this impressive moveset:

Captain Olimar

Weight: 2
Size: 2
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Reach: 2.5

Star of the Pikmin series Olimar is one heck of a fella. In just a few hours he manages to enslave a race of kind-natured flower people, abuse them by throwing them at things to get his slave labour done and even has them killing the local wildlife in order to recycle their corpses for making more Pikmin (who are born into slavery). That's just Pikmin 1 though, he does it again in Pikmin 2 but this time in order to pay off a big loan his company has racked up. Just to give you an idea, as explained in the introduction, 100 "pokos" is over 1 year's salary and the aim of Pikmin 2 is to clear the remainder of the debt of 10,000 pokos, that's like...over 100 years salary. Talk about badass, Ganondorf can eat his heart out. Being first party and a game that has produced nothing but excellent titles since Pikmin 1 and 2 were 9.0 and 9.2 games on Gamespot and I think even higher on IGN, 3 on Wii is practically a dead cert. To make the games sell even better, what better than to include the protagonist in Brawl to promote the franchise?

Onto the actual moveset though, the majority of the uniqueness of Olimar would be his Pikmin buddies. After all, it's the game's focus and Olimar's primary way of whooping ***. He can actually fight himself, the Pikmin aren't necessary for him to fight (although incredibly necessary to complete the game, obviously) and so he's more than Brawl-worthy.
I should start off by explaining that there are 5 different kind of Pikmin that you can use primarily in Pikmin 2 and 2 unique but not really obtainable Pikmin in 1 and 2. These 5 main ones are Red, Yellow, Blue, White and Purple. Each have different strengths and weaknesses and like in Pikmin they'll be gotten by plucking them from the ground, but Olimar will start with 4 randomly generated Pikmin in order to not completely gimp him.

The Different Pikmin

You can have up to 15 Pikmin at one time. Oh and I better mention that pikmin when in the air are hapless. No, they can't DI, don't be silly. Edit: I should also note that any Pikmin currently engaging in hostile acts on an opponent can't be used in Olimar's attacks, even if they are in range.

Basic Pikmin Mechanics: When thrown will attack and follow the closest target, like in Pikmin, however if the closest target is Olimar they will return to his side. Pikmin come in the 3 different stages of evolution: Leaf, Bud and Flower. Leaf is the most basic, a bud will increase their attack speed by 0.2 seconds and runspeed slightly, while a flower will increase their runspeed slightly, attack speed by a further 0.2 seconds and damage 1%. If a Pikmin lands on you, depending on their weight your runspeed and jump height will be lowered slighty. To rid yourself of a Pikmin, waggle the analogue stick <-, ->, <-, ->. While a Pikmin is attached to you it's attack speed increases slightly by 0.3 seconds. Pikmin evolve by being used in a killing move or after every 20 hits.

Reddy!

Attack Speed: 1.5 seconds
Damage: 3% per hit.
Weight: 2.5
Immunities: Fire/Explosions
Special Abilities: None
Takes knockback proportionate to weight and 175% of Olimar's Damage (so if Olimar was on 100% and you smashed a red pikmin, he would get knocked back as if he was of weight 2.5 on 175% damage)

Most basic Pikmin and the first you get, they are also the strongest of the original trio of Yellow, Red and Blue. Immune to fire and so immune to explosions aka. bomb-ombs.

Yellowy!

Attack Speed: 1.2 seconds
Damage: 2%
Weight: 2
Immunities: Lightning
Takes knockback proportionate to weight and 200% of Olimar's Damage (so if Olimar was on 100% and you smashed a yellow pikmin, he would get knocked back as if he was of weight 2 on 200% damage)

The 2nd type of Pikmin you are introduced to in Pikmin 1, Yellow's are the lightest are thus are capable of being thrown the furthest. Immune to lightning attacks such as PK Thunder.

Bluey!

Attack Speed: 1.5 seconds
Damage: 2%
Weight: 3
Immunities: Water
Takes knockback proportionate to weight and 150% of Olimar's Damage (so if Olimar was on 100% and you smashed a blue pikmin, he would get knocked back as if he was of weight 3 on 150% damage)

3rd regular type of Pikmin and the last one found in Pikmin 1. Able to withstand water attacks such as Blastoise (if he's back in Brawl :(). Slightly heavier than the other 2 and cannot be thrown as far.

Sorry for the terrible, terrible picture. Honestly, there was no good ones of the blue Pikmin >.>

Whitey! (aka. the Albino Pikmin)

Attack Speed: 1.0 seconds
Damage: 1%
Weight: 3
Speed: 5
Immunities: Poison
Special Abilities: 3% chance on hit poison which deals 2% damage every second for 5 seconds. If ingested by Kirby, Kirby is automatically poisoned.
Takes knockback proportionate to weight and 150% of Olimar's Damage (so if Olimar was on 100% and you smashed a white pikmin, he would get knocked back as if he was of weight 3 on 150% damage)

This one seriously scares the crap out of me. Just don't look into it's eyes! Fastest of all the Pikmin and is partially made of toxins I believe. Immune to poison (since it's body contains it) and so immune to poison mushrooms.

Purpley! (aka. the Sumo Pikmin)

Attack Speed: 2 seconds
Damage: 4%
Weight: 5
Speed: 1
Immunities: None
Special Abilities: Apart from being the fattest son'of'a... around, none
Takes knockback proportionate to weight and 100% of Olimar's Damage (so if Olimar was on 100% and you smashed a purple pikmin, he would get knocked back as if he was of weight 5 on 100% damage)

This guy seriously puts on a pound a minute. Even throwing him near an enemy stuns them in Pikmin 2. Obviously has the highest weight and damage at the cost of speed and throwing distance, these guys are heavy brawlers and cause the most slowing and jump height reduction when thrown onto someone. As hard as they are to knock away, they don't have any immunities (except to indigestion).

Good so far eh? We're just getting started!

The Actual Moveset

Finally, onto Olimar's actual moves. That's a lot of information to get down before you can even get onto this stuff, if Sakurai ever finds this moveset and thinks "Wow, that's such an excellent idea!" he'll put it in manual. I hope.

A moves

A - Right fisted punch - 2%, loooooooow knockback
AA - Left fisted punch - 2% loooooooooow knockback
AAA - Olimar's special Rocket Punch(tm)(R)...maybe not...Olimar sticks out both his fists in a double fisted punch of glory - 4% med-low knockback
Dash A - Rush Boots, you slide at 1.5 times your running speed for a short distance, semi-bad wind-down lag though - 8% medium knockback
A -> tilt - Headbutt - 10%, medium knockback
A^ tilt - Rising headbutt - 9% medium knockback
Av - Pik-a-grab, grabs a Pikmin and sweeps out the opponents feet. Knockback, speed and damage vary on the Pikmin sweeping with, ranging from 6%->10%, low -> med-high knockback.

A -> Smash - Swing-a-pik, for every 3 pikmin, Olimar grabs a random pikmin by the flower (so cruel) and swings them forward. Damage is 10% + the damage of each pikmin, knockback and speed again depends on the type of Pikmin and the number. If no pikmin are near, Olimar hits for 10%.

A^ Smash - Soar-a-pik, for every 5 pikmin, Olimar grabs a random pikmin by the flower and swings them in an arc upwards. 10% + pikmin damage, speed and knockback variable. If no pikmin are near, Olimar hits for 10%.

Av Smash - Kik-a-pik, All the pikmin around him kick (both sides, so it wouldn't be 15 pikmin on 1 side kicking) for their base damage with good knockback, if no pikmin are currently following Olimar, he does a 360 floor sweep for 8% with low-med knockback.

Nair - Spins around - 2% each hit with low knockback, last one has medium knockback
Bair - Donkey kick - 5% good knockback
Uair - Somersault kick (he's had zero g training after all) - 6% medium knockback
Dair - Mid-air headbutt (kinda like a reverse of his Uair and instead of kicking them, thwacks them with his helmet) - 5%, meteor
Fair - Your standard kick - 5% medium knockback

B moves

These are probably going to be a bit more indepth.

B - Ye olde "Whistle" - Olimar uses this to command his little buddies. Tapping B will make a short shrill whistle noise which is the go ahead for the pikmin to change the order in which they are standing, meaning you can select which pikmin are closest to you at any given time by taps of B. The default formation is Purple -> White -> Red -> Blue -> Yellow and will change as such so the front goes to the back (ie. W->R->B->Y->P is the next formation). Holding down B will make all pikmin in 4 body-lengths of Olimar will attempt to make their way back to his side. While holding down B (so after 1/2 -> 3/4 of a second), Olimar is forced to continue to whistle for the remainder of 2 seconds and is unable to move or attack during this time.

B -> - Hurl-a-Pik - Throws a pikmin, how hard depends on how far you tilt the control stick. They follow a set trajectory of the classic arc, and will also go different distances depending on their weight. Holding the control stick full tilt and throwing a purple pikmin will yield roughly the same result as throwing a yellow pikmin at under half tilt.

B^ - Dolphin Rocket - Olimar's rocket is also his recovery move! Upon using this move Olimar is instant in his rocket which moves on a shaky trajectory diagonally upwards. You can also control this a little, such as veer it in a direction. Upon moving for 1.5 seconds or so, the dolphin explodes out of habit sending 3 randomly generated parts upwards, diagonally down to the right and diagonally down to the left. These parts are parts which you collect from Olimar's ship in Pikmin 1 and all do 5% damage except the secret safe which does 8% and the Massage Machine and the Space Float (with lower chances of appear) which do a healthy 10%.

Bv - Pick-a-Pik - Probably the most complicated one of all that will take some time to explain. Pick-a-Pik works as sectioned areas of each stage where each section has a 60% common chance and 40% uncommon chance of plucking 2 different kinds of Pikmin. Battlefield for example might be split into 5 different sections, the 3 different platforms and the main floor split in half. On these sections 2 types of Pikmin can be plucked (skilled Olimar's will know which Pikmin to get where on each stage) in those 2 percentages but the rarer Pikmin (white and purple) can only ever occur as 40% uncommon chances, so a purple/white or white/purple combination won't happen, but a red/blue could.

To actually pick the Pikmin, Olimar must hold down and press B at which point it will take 2 seconds to pick a Leaf Pikmin form that area. Subsequent presses of B (while still holding down) will yield Pikmin at 1 second delays. The first 2 Pikmin to be picked will be Leaf Pikmin, the next 3 will be Bud Pikmin and all subsequent Pikmin will be Flower Pikmin, up to the maximum of 15 Pikmin. If you start picking with 0 Pikmin, it's possible to pick up to 10 Flower Pikmin.

Grab moves

A (while holding) - Sly dig - 3%
Forward - Bum's rush, 1-3 Pikmin by Olimar grab the opponent and do the Bum's rush on him ::chuckle: (6-9% high knockback), no Pikmin and Olimar weakly attempts it himself resulting in 3% damage and low knockback

Back - Pik-a-Swing, 1-3 Pikmin grab the opponent's feet and swing him backwards for 5-8% damage and med-high knockback, if no Pikmin, Olimar attempts to do it by himself for 3% damage and low-med knockback.

Down - Pik-a-pounce, Olimar throws the opponent to the floor, 1-6 Pikmin + Olimar jump on one end of the floored opponent for half their totaled base damage + 3% and med-high knockback depending on Pikmin weights. If no Pikmin, Olimar once again foolishly attempts it by himself and doesn't get very far, 3% damage and very low knockback.

Up - Pik-a-Punch, Olimar releases the opponent and uppercuts them at the same time as 1-5 Pikmin. Damage and knockback depends on Pikmin's strength. If no Pikmin, Olimar does it by himself for 3% damage and low knockback.

I think that about wraps it up for the my Olimar moveset. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Edit2: What do you guys think about being able to save 2-3 custom Olimar Pikmin formations onto your Wiimote, which would load up whenever you picked Olimar instead and you'd flick between them instead of the default ones?

Edit:3 And I almost forgot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_slmbAtWe0

"Waluigi>Olimar"? Me thinks not. Olimar is DEFINITELY getting in Brawl. Count on it.

@wiseguy, omliar=no
clones=none to very few
and whats wrong with supporting characters?
Okay. But if want a REAL challenge, try and make a roster with 40 characters maximum (with transformations like Zamus counting as a character and clones counting as 1/3 a character) like I suggested in my first post.

There is nothing wrong with some supporting characters, but I think you need some different series represented in there too. It's all about balance. Brawl should appeal to as many different gamers as possible, not just the Mario/Pokemon crowd.

If this was face to face you would have lost your ability to have children the second you mentioned Kafei. Don't even joke like that.
Oh. Okay.

Kaefi>HMS

*Runs away*

That is a ridiculous exaggeration. TP was good but it is no where near being one of Nintendo's most popular and critically acclaimed games ever.
Popular? It was the top selling Wii game last holiday season and this month it was still the tenth best selling console game - even after half a year.

Critically Acclaimed? Gamerankings.com lists it as the 17th most positively reviewed game (on average):

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 Nintendo 32 9.0 97.7%
2. Soul Calibur DC Namco 28 8.8 96.4%
3. Metroid Prime GC Nintendo 93 8.8 96.3%
4. Resident Evil 4 GC Capcom 106 9.2 95.8%
5. Resident Evil 4 PS2 Capcom 59 8.7 95.7%
6. Half-Life 2 PC VU Games 94 8.9 95.6%
7. Halo: Combat Evolved XBOX Microsoft Game Studios 92 8.8 95.6%
8. Grand Theft Auto III PS2 Rockstar Games 73 8.7 95.3%
9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS2 Rockstar Games 100 8.7 95.2%
10. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PS2 Konami 74 8.6 94.8%
11. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City PC Rockstar Games 49 8.7 94.8%
12. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker GC Nintendo 103 8.9 94.7%
13. Perfect Dark N64 Nintendo 45 9.0 94.7%
14. Halo 2 XBOX Microsoft Game Studios 112 8.3 94.6%
15. Half-Life PC Sierra Entertainment 27 8.9 94.6%
16. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 PS Activision 30 8.4 94.6%
17. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess WII Nintendo 769.2 94.6%
Notice how there are only four Nintendo published games that recieved higher scores. I stand by my statement.

I don't see why his being different individuals with each cell shaded appearance matters since it's still a cell shaded Link at a young age every time.
Technically, I suupose. But I'm not sure that makes Vaati worthy of a Brawl appearance.

You think that a game that has been out since the launch of the Wii AND was on the gamecube needs more advertising than Nintendo's attempt at making Tingle popular in places other than Japan?
I don't think it NEEDS it, but it certainly couldn't hurt either. Alot of Wiis are going to be sold this fall...

Nitendo's decision to not release Tingle's game in their biggest market: North America suggests that they aren't counting on that game to be a system seller.

I'll just take your word on all that stuff about Vaati's games because I honestly don't care that much but still I think your acting like time is a bigger factor than it really is.
I don't think so. Saying that Four Swords Adventures is equal in importance to Twilight Princess is just silly. The former was a mere sidenote in the series. The later is the killer-ap for Nintendo's newest console.

I've never even touched one of Vaati's games so I couldn't defend Vaati on this point if I wanted to but you are seriously giving Midna more credit than she deserves. She does have alot of potential for a unique moveset riding Wolf Link but pretty much EVERY Zelda character (Except of course Kafei) has potential for a unique moveset. I myself made a pretty good Happy mask salesman moveset once and I could probably make 5 more.
There are alot of unique Zelda character, no question. But of the characters who stand a chance of appearing - Midna/Wolf is easily the most unique.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the moveset that made me a believer:

Know one? I built one...

Warning: Spoilers for Twilight Princess. Don't read if you don't want them. This is your only warning.

Midna
(It is a Wolf Link/Midna team, but they will be referred to as Midna by the announcer.)

Stats:

Attack: ***
Average

Attack Speed: ****
Wolves (like foxes) are naturally agile and quick.

Reach: *****
Because of Midna’s hair-extensions (no joke intended), she will have good reach.

Jump: ***
Both of Wolf Link’s jumps combined would equal one of Fox’s second jump (because wolves are not built to jump.) However, Midna brings this up with her teleport abilities. All-in-all, it would be average.

Gravity: ***
Average

Height: ** (and a half.)
Wolf Link is about as tall as Ness, but add in Midna and he’s taller.

Weight: **
Because Midna is so small and light, Wolf Link has all of the weight here.

Wall-Jump: No

Playing Style: You would control Wolf Link for about half of the “A” attacks, all the movement (walking, running, etc.), the first two jumps, and very few air and “B” attacks. Midna would handle some “A” attacks, all/most of the “B” attacks, all/most of the aerial attacks, control the “third jump”, and control the “Super“ attack. Midna uses all handheld and equip items, while Wolf Link uses all throwing items.

Fighter Stance: Wolf Link would stand on all fours (duh) in a “ready to fight”-like pose. While Midna would hold onto Wolf Link with both hands and lower her head. Stand still for a little bit and Midna will look around.

Movement Speed: One notch lower than Fox.

Taunt: Wolf Link sits and looks back at Midna while she yawns in classic Twilight Princess style.

Victory Music: The music from Twilight Princess anytime you defeated a boss/learned a hidden skill.

Victory Poses:
1) Wolf Link jumps around in circles trying to get Midna off of his back (like when she first mounted him.) The picture freezes with Wolf Link’s front paws on the ground, back paws in the air, and Midna hanging on for dear life.
2) Wolf Link howls and then spins (like in TP.)
3) A Moblin is seen on the screen. Suddenly, Wolf Link comes from the side and (easily) vanquishes the Moblin. As the Moblin “poofs”, Wolf Link and Midna turn to face you.
(Open to suggestions)

Icon (face): Triforce (Midna)

Levels:

Stage: Kakariko Village - Unlocked once Midna becomes playable. This level is very similar to Onett. There is no falling on this level. KO is only possible on the left, right, and up. Start with the shrine on one side, put Barnes’ Bomb shop on the other, and add every building against the western cliff side between the two.
You fight on the roofs of the buildings with two gaps. The first gap in between the shrine and the first house, while the second gap is between Barnes’ shop and the last house. These gaps will let you fight on the ground between them. You can also fight on the other side of Barnes’ shop and the shire, but it’s dangerously close to the level edge.
Level Hazard: Every now and then, a Goron will roll by and harm anyone caught in the path (down in the gaps.)

Adventure Mode Level: Twilight Palace - You start at the bottom of the palace and have to fight several Twilight-themed monsters while making it to the top. You can not advance to the next floor of the level until all the monsters in the area are defeated. After about 5-6 floors, you arrive at the top for a 300 stamina battle against Zant. Note: Zant does NOT become playable if defeated. Also, Zant’s life decreases to 150 on Easy, 75 on Very Easy, and increases to 450 on Hard, 600 on Very Hard.

How to Unlock: Defeat Zant in Very Hard difficulty Adventure mode with Link.

Items:
Gale Boomerang - Throwing item. Once thrown, the boomerang releases a small tornado around it. If the boomerang hits anyone, they are engulfed in the tornado, spun around, and thrown into the air [think Hyrule Castle from SSB] (the boomerang then returns to the thrower.) If it doesn’t hit anyone, the boomerang returns. The boomerang can be thrown three times. Can also be used to grab items from a distance and put them at your feet. Unlike Link’s boomerang, it will not return if you don’t catch it.

Oocca - Throwing item. Basically, they are the new Mr. Saturn item.

Shadow Stone - Equip item. Gives the user wolf-like characteristics (tails, ears, fur, etc.) and temporarily increases attack speed (gives them wolf-like agility.) Works in the same way that the Bunnyhood, Super Mushroom, and Metal Box do.
(In retrospect, this item would be tricky to see on Wolf, Krystal, or Fox.)

Alternate Colors:

Inverted - Midna’s white areas become black, and her grey areas become white. Her hair also becomes blue. Wolf Link also becomes white.
Tupic Green - Wolf Link become the same green as his tunic. Midna stays normal.
(Open to suggestions) (Needing someone willing to make images)

Kirby Hat: Kirby equips Midna’s hat and hair, while the remaining exposed area becomes covered in fur. This symbolizes the Midna/Wolf Link team.

Moveset:
Because of Midna’s great reach, all of her hair-hand attacks have extended hit-boxes (like a sword.)

NOTE: * = Taken/Modified from Twilight Princess.

A: Chomps forward once.* No knock back. 2%

A twice: Second chomp.* No knock back. 3%

A three: Quickly turns and tail swipes.* Low knock back. 5%

Dash A: Midna’s places her hair-hand in front of Wolf Link and makes a fist; acting as a battering ram. Decent knock back. 6-7%

Forward Tilt: Wolf Link swipes with his claws. Low knock back. 5-8%

Up Tilt: Wolf Link swipes upward with his claws. No knock back. 6-7%

Down Tilt: Wolf Link tilts his head to a diagonal angle and aims for the ankles (or hands if they’re hanging from the edge) with his teeth/fangs. Low knock back, good for edge-guarding. 6-7%

Forward Smash: Wolf Link leans back and puts all of his weight and strength into his back legs. When released, Wolf Link pounces forward ready to bite anything in his path. Decent knock back. 10-14%

Down Smash: Wolf Link quickly spins around with claws, teeth, and fangs attacking anything in the way.* Decent knock back. 10-12%

Up Smash: Midna moves her hand in an arc above her. As her hand makes the arc, a trail of Twili magic is left behind in the form of an offensive barrier. The barrier does not protect against projectiles, but will harm anyone it comes into contact with. It fades about a second after it’s made. No knock back, stuns opponent and opens for attacking. 10-12%

Aerial A: Wolf Link spins around using his tail as a weapon. Minor knock back. 3-5%

Aerial Forward A: Wolf Link rolls forward while Midna’s hair-hand slaps in a downward arc-path (think DK‘s F-air with Midna‘s hair-hand acting as his fist and Wolf Link acting as his body.) This is a spike. Great (downward) knock back. 10%

Aerial Back A: Midna’s hair-hand swings around and hits behind her. Decent knock back. 6-9%

Aerial Down A: Wolf Link rolls forward slightly and chomps underneath of himself. No knock back. 5-7%

Aerial Up A: Midna swipes both her hands across each other above her head and shoots a small sphere straight up. Little knock back.* 5-7%

Forward Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, rears back, and then smashes the target into the ground in front of Wolf Link. Low knock back. 7-10%

Back Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, smashes them against the ground behind her, then smashes them against the ground in front of Wolf Link, and then finally throws them behind her. Decent (backwards) knock back. 4%, then 4%, then 2%

Up Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, and throws them backwards… catapult style. Good knock back. 2%

Down Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand and smashes them against the ground. Then Wolf Link attacks using his “finish the poe” maneuver.* No knock back. 13%

B: Dark Energy - A 360 degree sphere of Midna‘s magic surrounds Wolf Link. It is a chargeable attack, but cannot be saved. You will also have restricted movement while charging. While it is charging, any enemies that enter the sphere become highlighted to show that they are targeted. Once “B“ is released (or the attack has been held too long) Wolf Link will perform a near-impossible to dodge chain of quick attacks. The only real way to avoid being hit is to get out of Wolf Link‘s jump range. All highlighted targets will be auto-targeted and attacked (unless they avoid it) with increasing damage per target (I.e. target one takes the least damage while target three takes the most.) If there are no targets highlighted, then Wolf Link does his “Down Smash” with increased lag. In the air (and if used correctly,) this attack can become a nice recovery, but it’s very risky because Wolf Link is stunned until he hit’s the ground if no targets are highlighted. Great knock back regardless of damage, best used in close-quarter combat.* 5%, then 10%, then 15%

Up B: Twili Teleport - This is the only move that keeps Wolf Link’s jumping stat from getting a one star. It works identical to Zelda’s, with some slight modifications. Midna turns herself and Wolf Link into the “twilight squares” and teleports in the direction selected. The big difference between the two is the damage. Zelda‘s causes damage while she is casting the spell. Midna‘s would cause damage after the spell is cast and she is moving. Minor damage is given for each “square” that the target is hit with. No knock back.* 1% per square

Down B: Hair Fist - Midna turns her hair into a giant fist. Then both she and Wolf Link rear back to get some extra momentum. They both then come forward and she pounds the ground in front of her. Getting hit with the fist before it hit’s the ground causes some decent knock back and damage. Getting hit with the fist into the ground causes you to take the full damage, but has no knock back (because you’re being flattened into the ground.) The pounding also creates a small shockwave. The closer you are to the center of the shockwave (without being under the fist) the more damage and knock back you take. Of all of their attacks, this one has the worst lag. Very dangerous attack at upper percentages (60+.) Should only be used when you can guarantee a hit. 20%

Forward B: Hair Spear - Remember how Midna…dispatched of Zant? Pretty much all I need to do to sum it up. She launches a spear made out of her hair at the target causing a nice bit of damage. Good knock back.* 10-15%

Super Smash: Fused Shadow Creature - Midna equips the Fused Shadows and uses the giant spear to “impale” one target for massive damage.* 75%.
Yes a glorified fairy is much more important than an imp trying to bring the apocalypse.
Midna isn't a fairy. Midna is to Twilight Princess' story what the Hero of Time is to OoT. She is the main character, the hero, the protagonist. Skull Kid's role as a villian is significant, but still less than MM Link who was the protagonist in that game's storyline. Heroes trump villians in importance - which is why Link represented the series in SSB 64 instead of Ganondorf.

You think an insane imp with a mask with the power to bring the apocalypse is less unique than an extreme version of the MM fairy with a wolf fetish.
Well, yeah. I consider an Imp with Twili powers, magical hair and a canine sidekick to have a greater potential for a unique moveset than an Imp with a Mask with tenticles.

You better put Happy mask salesman on that list or you'll wake up with your bed full of decapitated Pikmin heads.
Fine. I'll get on it. Just don't harm my precious Pikmin...:(

Considering Xplay voted it the game of the year? sure. whatever you say.
Gametrailers.com and 1up.com did as well. EAT IT "GEARS OF WAR"!!!

Why is there no room? Melee had five Zelda characters. Dropping Y. Link and Shiek opens two slots up. One for Midna and one for someone else (Vaati is my bet.)
You disappoint me, Ferro. Why would they drop Young Link? He's as important to the series as ever.

- Main (plot-wise at least) character of Twilight Princess.

- FIRST Zelda character to actually have some development.
Link has always had the "I want to help everyone" attitude. Ganondorf has always had the "I want to destroy everyone" attitude. Zelda has always had the "I know everything" attitude. Midna, however, shows character development. When you first meet her, she is manipulative, rude, selfish, sadistic, and full of hatred. But, as the game moves on, you see her selfishness replaced with selflessness
(as shown by her sacrifice.)
Her sadistic nature is replaced with bravery
(facing Ganondorf alone)
and her hate with compassion
(her dedication to saving Zelda and her love for Link.)
THAT is why people love her; her personality is developed throughout the game. (Well, that AND she's cute... But we won't get into that.)

- With Wolf Link there is the great potential for a quadruped moveset.
Agreed on all counts. Midna for Brawl!

As for WW Link... I honestly believe that Vaati is a perfect represenative for that branch of the Zelda games. Think about it. Instead of giving us "two Links" (in the form of TP Link and WW Link,) why not take TP Link to represent all "Links" as a whole and Vaati to represent the "WW Link" branch.
The answer in obvious. Vaati doesn't represent the "WW Branch" any more than Zant does. Vaati belongs in the Capcom produced "Four Swords Brach" which consists of three handheld games that based their art style on WW, but have no noticable connection to the game whatsoever. The FS swords games are pretty much self contained (with the same Link and Zelda) and are very difficult to link to the OoT>MM>TP timeline or the OoT>WW>PH timeline.

There is only on character fit to represent both the WW branch and all "Young Links" and that is WW Link.

*cough Shiek cough*

And, before you try that "She's too new" angle...

We had a trailer for Brawl long before TP was released. TP Link was reveiled in the first trailer. That is PROOF that Sakurai had access to the TP files. This means he knew everything about TP before we did. Which also implies that he has had plenty of time to have Midna added. Midna will have existed for close to/over a year when Brawl is released. Both of these poists successfully destroy any "She's too new" arguments before they start.

And, if you still don't see the logic in either of these arguments, there is always our good buddy Roy to fall back on as an example.
Being in a recent, high profile game is a plus. I don't see how it could work against Midna's chances.

Thanks for the welcoming :). Now, about the statements you made in the post above:

1. You got me =/. I didn't know you were just playing. I actually thought you were being serious about that.
Yeah, maybe it wasn't very clear. I've had a couple people post the same argument...

2. Well, I just don't see the problem in having more characters from a certain franchise, than we had in the last game. Why do we need the same number of characters from every franchise? This game is a sequel. Most likely, there are going to be more characters in certain places. If anything, Pokemon should have more representatives for two reasons:

1) They have the most characters out of any franchise.

2) Pokemon is Nintendo's second best selling franchise.
Sure, we're bound to see more characters in certian places - but I would argue those spots on the roster would be better served if they were given to a series like Metroid or DK that has lacked any significant representation in previous games.

Yes, Pokemon is an important series - I just think that four characters is a fair number considering the vast number of incredible newcomers competing for a select few spots. No doubt many people disagree, but that's just my opinion.

Why I think Mewtwo should stay; I think he was cheated out of being a good character in the game. He was a rushed character (so some say). They owe it to the character to make up for how they made the most recognizable character of the Pokemon franchise (besides Pikachu) the worst character in the game.
Perhaps, but there are plenty of other characters who deserve an appearance in Brawl just as much as M2. I would argue that he had his chance, and now it's time for another worthy character (Deoxys, for example) to get a share of the spotlight.

Then, even if you don't look at Melee at all for why Mewtwo should return, there is still the fact that Mewtwo is about Pokemon's most popular character in the franchise.

I'm glad you think I help make the thread interesting :).
There is that. I know very little about Pokemon, so it is entirely possible that I am misjudging his importance to the series. At any rate, we'll find out soon enough who's prediction is correct.

Well, it wasn't so much a poll as it was people sent in letters saying what characters or music they want or just general comments about the SSBB announcement and the development team posted ten each weekday of those that sparked their interest. Also, the poll took place in May and June of 2006 which was before TP was released and we could fall in love with her.

I was actually talking about Uncle Kenny's "Skull Kid vs. Vaati" poll here on Smashboards. Someone brought up how SK won by a few votes, and I was pointing out Midna's absense from that poll and how she would have easily won.

Ya know...I've completely forgotten where I heard that. I believe from wherever I did hear it they were assuming it due to the to games being almost identical (IE the vast majority of things from the first game were there and a few were replaced) save for speed and graphics which comes from the better hardware and game format and the relatively short development time. Or maybe it was from deep within the SSBM Japanese site. We really need someone to look through that thing to see if there any clues on the design process and stuff.

That might be a good idea. Anyone here speak Japanese?

But anyway...

The Grand Listicus Devasticus Mk. II

For this list I kept to the same guide lines (one-fifth female, one-fifth heavier characters, two-fifths weapon using characters) but added one, probably taboo, guideline in that I limited the per franchise character count to three (and by franchise I mean Smash symbol or "team" in SSBM terms) which I did mostly did to maximize the number of franchises that could be represented as well as avoid franchise saturation. That was all one sentence.

Mario Series
Mario
Bowser
Peach

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

The Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf

Metroid Series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

The franchise representation limit boiled these down to, what I deemed, the absolute necessities and, despite my continued disability to imagine him in SSB form, I continue to add Ridley to my lists.

Wario Series
Wario
Captain Syrup

Captain Syrup effectively adds one to the female count along with her status as a master theif and, above all, pirate. Give her one, maybe two, scimitars and a genie final smash and you've got a potentially awesome character.

Star Fox Series
Fox
Krystal
Wolf

Though I'm not completely for the idea of characters taking turns from SSB game to SSB game, I'm all over the idea of sitting Falco out in favor of more female representation and staff wielding goodness as well as Wolf's general awesomeness and compliment of amazing theme songs.

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario

As much as it saddens me to exclude Mewtwo, Jigglypuff's cult smash icon status and general recognition from the Pokemon games and anime as well as Lucario's budding popularity and role as one of the forerunners for D&P caused me to pick them instead.

MOTHER Series
Lucas
Kumatora

As mentioned on my last list, if, in anyway possible, we can encourage Nintendo to release MOTHER 3 outside of Japan in some form in the same manner as happened with Fire Emblem, then it is an absolute requirement that these characters be in SSBB to do so.

Fire Emblem Series
Ike
Micaiah

I have a relatively absolute lack of experience with the Fire Emblem series so my choices are based on what I've been reading around these forums. Ike's universal popularity and the anticipation for the game Micaiah holds a part in combined with her femininity and magic were the basis for their inclusion.

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

The SSB series' supreme lack of multiple samurai (or any at all) is disgraceful and must be remedied partially with Samurai Goroh's awesomeness.

Nintendo Classics
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch

The limit cut a few more characters than most people would be willing to so I kept these to keep the development time more realistic and (mostly) out of sheer favoritism.

Yoshi
Pit
Takamaru

Takamaru's here for mostly the same reason as Samurai Goroh. However, taking into consideration the popularity of his games rerelease on the GBA (there had to have been some importers of it :/), the relative popularity of the game amongst ROMers (I don't think this would necessarily be considered by Nintendo, though), and the fact that the games lack of Japanese text outside of its title screen would allow for easy VC translation on top of the game's cameo in Pikmin 2 (which wasn't taken out of the localized releases!!!!), I think this cult icon could get away with making it in SSBB. (Please take Mike Jones' entry into consideration before passing final judgement on Takamaru.)

Isaac

The main character of the (almost) forgotten Golden Sun series. Given the fact that Nintendo owns the rights to the characters and music in the games and that they are rather popular worldwide, particularly in the RPG-starved continent of Europe, he seems to hold good chances of getting in.

Mike Jones

A true oddity amongst Japanese developed games, the Nintendo developed Star Tropics series was never released in Japan. Given the insane ratio of this happening instead of the opposite, I figured this would be a fair offset to the three Japanese exclusive characters I included. Also, Mike Jones' general awesomeness and cult favorite status helped as well.

R.O.B.

After being convinced by Wiseguy's including of this character, I also decided that R.O.B. would make a fine random, quirky character riding on the same sort of shock value that Mr. G&W did. He'd probably be based on his MKDS incarnation which would mean he'd be rather large and move using Johnny 5-esque treads. Add in classic NES and robot sound effects and you have an instant classic.

Guest Characters
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Cecil

After careful consideration, I decided that Final Fantasy's extreme popularity worldwide outweighed that of Dragon Quest's absolute Japanese popularity and hardcore popularity everywhere else. Also, given his game's remake being released in the near future (at least compared to SSBB's release), the advertising and revigorising oportunities that Cecil's inclusion invites make perfect sense. Terra would also be a possibility if a FFVI remake is announced by the end of the year due to her game's overwelming popularity as well.
I have to say, that's some fine listmanship (a word I just invented). It's great to see ROB make the cut, and I can even live with the Saumerai dude (Taka- ...whatever the heck his name is. I'll call him Mr. T.) as long as his presence is balanced out by Mike Jones (who I know by reputation). However, I'm kind of put off by the absence of contemporary characters like Olimar, Nook and Mii - though I suppose they didn't fit in yourbalance of different character types.

Anyway, it's one of the more unique ways of organizing a roster - so I'll give 8/10 (even though the absence of Olimar and the Black Knight would crush my spirit...)

nice list, wiseguy. just a few things:

1) Lucario AND Deoxys, but no Mewtwo? I realized he sucked in Melee, but he's very important to the Pokemon story, had his own movie, and is one of he most powerful Pokemon ever.

2) ROB? ...ROB? I'll never understand why people like him. -_-

3) I could do without the girl from Fire Emblem.

4) Like, 6 third parties? Get rid of Sora, Belmont, & Bonk (although I love Bonk, Megaman & Sonic are more deserving).

5) I LOVE your stages. Especially Warp Stone, Retro Bowser Castle, and Tetra's Ship. Good job.

6) Thumbs up on including Olimar. I remember that you liked him from the Captain Olimar thread...too bad it died. :[

Overall, I'd say 8.5/10 on your list.
Soon I'm gonna make a thread for my character/stage/item predictions/suggestions (yeah, even item suggestions). Check it out. Also, once I make the thread, is it okay if in my stage section if I include the three stages I mentioned above? Of course, I'd give you credit for them. Just wonderin, because I really liked them. Let me know. Thanks. :)
Thanks for taking the time to post on my thread, bivunit94.

1) Well, I was judging his worthiness strictly on his game appearanaces - not the anime'. I could definitely see M@ returning - bit I think the game ould be much better seved if an all new character were inluded instead. Change is good.

2) Dude, ROB is one of those characters who personifies awesome. How can you NOT love him?

3) Fair enough. I personally want the Black Knight more, though I included Miciaiah as well because of the originality she could bring to the roster.

4) You are mistaken. I have 5 third parties on my list (at the time I post this): Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Simon Belmont and Sora. Bonk is currently on my runnersup list.

5) Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

6) It isn't dead, just dormant. It'll get bumped again before too long - and then explode when Olimar is confirmed for Brawl!

I'll look forward to reading your thread. Go ahead an use my stage ideas, if you like. :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I was actually talking about Uncle Kenny's "Skull Kid vs. Vaati" poll here on Smashboards. Someone brought up how SK won by a few votes, and I was pointing out Midna's absense from that poll and how she would have easily won.
Bah...shows how much I read the quote that the person I'm quoting is quoting. :(

I have to say, that's some fine listmanship (a word I just invented). It's great to see ROB make the cut, and I can even live with the Saumerai dude (Taka- ...whatever the heck his name is. I'll call him Mr. T.) as long as his presence is balanced out by Mike Jones (who I know by reputation). However, I'm kind of put off by the absence of contemporary characters like Olimar, Nook and Mii - though I suppose they didn't fit in yourbalance of different character types.

Anyway, it's one of the more unique ways of organizing a roster - so I'll give 8/10 (even though the absence of Olimar and the Black Knight would crush my spirit...)
Well...I was considering Olimar but ultimately decided on R.O.B. instead. All of the proposed movesets seemed to be staggeringly complex due to the Pikmin mechanic that is the core of the Pikmin series. Olimar himself sounds like a good fighter but incorporating the Pikmin seems like it would be hard to reflect their importance and role in the series with a non-glitchy set of special moves. I love Pikmin to death and think it is definately one of the series that needs to be represented in SSBB but I just can't imagine Olimar working.

I could never get into the Animal Crossing series and Tom Nook or anything from the games don't really scream fighter to me. I mean, there really isn't any sort of physical conflict in the Animal Crossing games and Tom himself doesn't seem very violent outside of a few violent outbursts due to people not paying rent.

As for Mii...I really believe that they would clash with the integrity of SSB as a whole. Despite their customizability, I hate their design and don't enjoy any of the games they're in any more because of their presence. Sure, they were fun to screw around with for awhile but, when put alongside all of the endearing classics that made it into SSBB that have been bumped up in graphics to match with the times and theme, they'd ruin the vibe.

That said, those characters are pretty popular. So...I dunno. I just wanna see Donkey Kong. :/ Just show me him and I'll be happy with whomever else they put in, really. This is gonna be a slow 12 days. :/ :\ :/ :\

Also, T-A-K-A-M-A-R-U. S-A-M-U-R-A-I. <_< >_>

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wiseguy,i was only 1 ovber ,i had 41 characters.
and besides, mario and pokemon and Zelda are the big series,so they would get more rep.

As for omliar, he was in one game,oh-no shoot me.
He had his groundbreaking game like GAME&WATCH did for handhelds,so unless he replaces him i dont see any chance of omilar.Plus omilar has to use pikmin, he has no inner abilty or strenghth,all the other melee characters did.No omilar,ok

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'l updat my list soon. But first...

Well...I was considering Olimar but ultimately decided on R.O.B. instead. All of the proposed movesets seemed to be staggeringly complex due to the Pikmin mechanic that is the core of the Pikmin series. Olimar himself sounds like a good fighter but incorporating the Pikmin seems like it would be hard to reflect their importance and role in the series with a non-glitchy set of special moves. I love Pikmin to death and think it is definately one of the series that needs to be represented in SSBB but I just can't imagine Olimar working.
Well, I guess this is where we differ. Olimar would be a very difficult character to program correctly, but if the inclusion of a motorcycle-driving character demonstrates anything it's that Sakurai loves a challenge. I think it will happen, and it will be awesome.

I could never get into the Animal Crossing series and Tom Nook or anything from the games don't really scream fighter to me. I mean, there really isn't any sort of physical conflict in the Animal Crossing games and Tom himself doesn't seem very violent outside of a few violent outbursts due to people not paying rent.
I don't really see it as an issue. Princess Zelda, and Mr. Game & Watch weren't fighters - and they they were included. Smash is not big on realism, and any way you slice it: making Nook a fighter would be hilarious and awesome in and of itsself. And the way I see it, the series is popular enough that it deserves it's own rep in Smash.

As for Mii...I really believe that they would clash with the integrity of SSB as a whole. Despite their customizability, I hate their design and don't enjoy any of the games they're in any more because of their presence. Sure, they were fun to screw around with for awhile but, when put alongside all of the endearing classics that made it into SSBB that have been bumped up in graphics to match with the times and theme, they'd ruin the vibe.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. Miis represent one of my personal favorite multiplayer games: Wii Sports (they aslo appear Wii Play, Wario Ware, Mario Party, Big Brain Academy and upcoming games like Wii Music and Wii Fitness) and I consider their quirkiness and personality to be one of the best parts of the Wii. Nintendo has placed alot of importance on the casual Wii Play/Brainage crowd lately, so having their "casual gamer" mascot in Brawl.

That said, those characters are pretty popular. So...I dunno. I just wanna see Donkey Kong. :/ Just show me him and I'll be happy with whomever else they put in, really. This is gonna be a slow 12 days. :/ :\ :/ :\
Donkey Kong rocks! He's my second-most used character, after Doc. Maybe we'll see him in an update soon like Zelda?

Also, T-A-K-A-M-A-R-U. S-A-M-U-R-A-I. <_< >_>
Fine... but I like the name "Mr. T" better.

Wiseguy,i was only 1 ovber ,i had 41 characters.
and besides, mario and pokemon and Zelda are the big series,so they would get more rep.
Mario, Zelda and Pokemon already had a high number of reps in Melee (5, 5 and 4 respectively) so I would argue that it's more important to include character from unrepresented franchises (like Pikmin) tham to include even more characters from serires that are already well represented.

As for omliar, he was in one game,oh-no shoot me.
He had his groundbreaking game like GAME&WATCH did for handhelds,so unless he replaces him i dont see any chance of omilar.Plus omilar has to use pikmin, he has no inner abilty or strenghth,all the other melee characters did.No omilar,ok
Wrong and wrong.

Olimar starred in two games: Pikmin 1&2 - both of which were published by Nintendo (reeased on the Gamecube in 2001 and 2004 respectively), produced by Shigeru Miamoto (the brainchild of Mario and Zelda, in case you haven't heard) and met with critical acclaim from reviewers and comercial success. You would know this if you had read my post, and consisidered what I had written before jumping to a conclusion. You disapoint me. :(

Second: while Olimar relies on the fighting power of his minions, he is also more than capable of holding his own in batte. In Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 he has the ability to furiously punch his enemes to widdle down their health bar. Thus he has plenty of "inner ability or strength".

melee_man

Smash Cadet
haha...
goodnesss :)

I realized something a while ago that MIGHT (ONLY might) pierce a flaw into midna/wolf combo: The Kirby Hat?!?

The solo midna's kirby hat was simply: fused shadow head and hair

I cant exactly think, though, of a good combo kirby-hat, or atleast with the forementioned moveset, considering it requires both wolf link and midna to execute the b-attack.
We all know that moveset is just theory, but still. any thoughts? :p

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Wiseguy, my thread is up and running now. "Biv's Super-Duper Character Predictions". All I have is my character roster as of now, but by tomorrow I'll have a little bit of everything. Check it out.

Also, thanks lots on the permission for the stages.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Oh. Okay.

Kaefi>HMS

*Runs away*
Do you know what the best part of being me is? THERE'S SO MANY OF ME! *2 clones of myself bring Wiseguy to me and all three of us beat him to a pulp*

Popular? It was the top selling Wii game last holiday season and this month it was still the tenth best selling console game - even after half a year.

Critically Acclaimed? Gamerankings.com lists it as the 17th most positively reviewed game (on average):

Notice how there are only four Nintendo published games that recieved higher scores. I stand by my statement.
Notice how I don't care what that quote says? Only four Nintendo games selling better than it does not make it better than other Nintendo games it just means that Nintendo hyped the crap out of it.

Technically, I suupose. But I'm not sure that makes Vaati worthy of a Brawl appearance.
I'd say the fact that he is the rival of an almost guaranteed Link incarnation makes him worthy of brawl.

I don't think it NEEDS it, but it certainly couldn't hurt either. Alot of Wiis are going to be sold this fall...

Nitendo's decision to not release Tingle's game in their biggest market: North America suggests that they aren't counting on that game to be a system seller.
Or maybe they are waiting to see how Europeans like the game before they release it into such a big market. Think about it for a second if they where to release a game that was good that stared an unpopular character wouldn't that increase that characters popularity? Thats what I think the whole reason the Tingle game was made for, they want to make Tingle more popular all over the world and I think they would want that more than just selling a couple more copies of an already selling great game.

I don't think so. Saying that Four Swords Adventures is equal in importance to Twilight Princess is just silly. The former was a mere sidenote in the series. The later is the killer-ap for Nintendo's newest console.
Yes well no matter how important TP is they aren't going to add a characters solely from that game just because it is the most recent and popular game in the franchise. I believe that they will expand their view and choose characters that best represent the series as a whole this time around.

There are alot of unique Zelda character, no question. But of the characters who stand a chance of appearing - Midna/Wolf is easily the most unique.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the moveset that made me a believer:
Since I honestly don't care if Midna makes it or not AND I believe her chances are incredibly low I couldn't care less about a moveset.

Midna isn't a fairy. Midna is to Twilight Princess' story what the Hero of Time is to OoT. She is the main character, the hero, the protagonist.
That is just bull****. The main character/hero/protagonist of TP was Link Midna was just the helper character.

Well, yeah. I consider an Imp with Twili powers, magical hair and a canine sidekick to have a greater potential for a unique moveset than an Imp with a Mask with tenticles.
Well then we will have to agree to disagree won't we now.

Fine. I'll get on it. Just don't harm my precious Pikmin...:(
Thats a good boy.

I'll be responding to Ferro from now on.

- Main (plot-wise at least) character of Twilight Princess.
The main character of TP was Link plot wise and otherwise. The game was about Link's quest to save the children of his village and how he got mixed up in the fight to save Hyrule. Midna was of equal story importance in TP as the King of red lions was in WW.

- FIRST Zelda character to actually have some development.
Wrong. Skull Kid had development when you learned about how he lost his friends and how he became twisted because of the mask and about when he met the fairies. Ralph had development when he tried to sacrifice his family line to defeat the evil in oracle of ages.

Link has always had the "I want to help everyone" attitude. Ganondorf has always had the "I want to destroy everyone" attitude. Zelda has always had the "I know everything" attitude. Midna, however, shows character development. When you first meet her, she is manipulative, rude, selfish, sadistic, and full of hatred.
Her personality is that of the MM fairy just ten times as bad.

But, as the game moves on, you see her selfishness replaced with selflessness (as shown by her sacrifice.)
You mean like how the MM fairy grew to start to want to help save the world of Termina more and more in MM?

Her sadistic nature is replaced with bravery (facing Ganondorf alone)
When she fought Ganondorf alone was just like when Ralph attacked Veran in Queen Ambi's body in oracle of ages.

THAT is why people love her; her personality is developed throughout the game. (Well, that AND she's cute... But we won't get into that.)
The only reason any body likes Midna is because of the sexy sound she makes whenever Wolf Link dashes and you all know it.

- With Wolf Link there is the great potential for a quadruped moveset.
With his masks and moods the Happy mask salesman can have a great moveset, your point?

She's not a fairy. Do you see any wings on her? Fairies serve no purpose in the Zelda universe other than to annoy and act like targeting devices... Midna > Fairies!
What I meant by glorified Fairy was she was a helper character (Which originally where fairies) with a glorified role. She is nothing more than TP's Navi and for some reason unknown to me people seem to think she is much more important than she really is.

*cough Shiek cough*
I love how people act like Shiek was a different character than Zelda when the reality is that Shiek is Zelda and Zelda is Shiek and SHE was given the ability to change between the two for originalities sake.

And, before you try that "She's too new" angle...

We had a trailer for Brawl long before TP was released. TP Link was reveiled in the first trailer. That is PROOF that Sakurai had access to the TP files. This means he knew everything about TP before we did. Which also implies that he has had plenty of time to have Midna added. Midna will have existed for close to/over a year when Brawl is released. Both of these poists successfully destroy any "She's too new" arguments before they start.
Actually they don't at all. Your first counter point about Sakurai having access to the TP files has nothing to do with the fact that Midna is recent and your second point about Midna being a year old by brawls release is counteracted because she will still be recent.

And, if you still don't see the logic in either of these arguments, there is always our good buddy Roy to fall back on as an example.
I just don't see any logic at all when people use Roy as an example of a recent character getting in which means Midna can get in. Roy was part of a dying franchise and was put in for advertisement which is nothing at all similar to Midna who is part of a thriving franchise and who's game is selling well.

Looks like you're running out of excuses. So tell me, friends. Aside from personal dislike of the character, what LOGICAL (meaning it can be backed up with evidence) reason is there to indicate that Midna is not a very strong candidate for Brawl.
Logical choices that can be backed up with evidence? Okay how about Skull Kid being in the same situation as Midna is now (recent major character) but still didn't get into melee even though it would have been the perfect time? See what I mean? If it can happen to the kid why can't it happen to Midna?

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
The main character of TP was Link plot wise and otherwise. The game was about Link's quest to save the children of his village and how he got mixed up in the fight to save Hyrule. Midna was of equal story importance in TP as the King of red lions was in WW.
Perhaps the first 20% of the game was about Link saving the kids...

However, if Zant had not taken control of the Twilight Palace and Zelda's castle, the children would not have been captured. Knowing that Link would want to save the kids, Midna offered her aid in exchange for his. Once the kids are found in Kakariko villiage, the "save the kids" plot is pretty much over and the main plot starts to slowly reveil itself. Link and Midna are both the main characters, but, as far as the plot is concerned, Link takes a backseat to Midna as the main plot revolves around her and Link is just her hired helper.

Ralph had development when he tried to sacrifice his family line to defeat the evil in oracle of ages.

When she fought Ganondorf alone was just like when Ralph attacked Veran in Queen Ambi's body in oracle of ages.
I'll give you these ones. I never played the GB Zelda games so I'll have to take your word for it.

The only reason any body likes Midna is because of the sexy sound she makes whenever Wolf Link dashes and you all know it.

That noise actually annoyed me. I prefered the noises that made up her voice and her cute little body.

What I meant by glorified Fairy was she was a helper character (Which originally where fairies) with a glorified role. She is nothing more than TP's Navi and for some reason unknown to me people seem to think she is much more important than she really is.
See first response.

I love how people act like Shiek was a different character than Zelda when the reality is that Shiek is Zelda and Zelda is Shiek and SHE was given the ability to change between the two for originalities sake.

Mentally, yes, they are the same person. Physically, though, they are two seperate individuals. Shiek served as nothing more than the guy that taught you the teleport songs. He has no importance outside of that.

I just don't see any logic at all when people use Roy as an example of a recent character getting in which means Midna can get in. Roy was part of a dying franchise and was put in for advertisement which is nothing at all similar to Midna who is part of a thriving franchise and who's game is selling well.
Six games is hardly a dying franchise. And the logic is that Roy's game wasn't even on shelves when Melee came out. Since Midna's has been out for a year, there is no reason why she can't appear based on the "She's too new" argument.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord

However, if Zant had not taken control of the Twilight Palace and Zelda's castle, the children would not have been captured. Knowing that Link would want to save the kids, Midna offered her aid in exchange for his. Once the kids are found in Kakariko villiage, the "save the kids" plot is pretty much over and the main plot starts to slowly reveil itself. Link and Midna are both the main characters, but, as far as the plot is concerned, Link takes a backseat to Midna as the main plot revolves around her and Link is just her hired helper.
Okay I'll pretty much admit that you where right on this point.

That noise actually annoyed me. I prefered the noises that made up her voice and her cute little body.
You liked it when she talked? Are you crazy? That stupid gibberish made me want to shoot myself. The only good part about her voice was when it accidentally formed funny sentences liked this one time she asked me was my bread worthy (She seriously said that once, I'm not joking).

Mentally, yes, they are the same person. Physically, though, they are two seperate individuals. Shiek served as nothing more than the guy that taught you the teleport songs. He has no importance outside of that.
Physically two separate individuals? What the hell are you talking about? Shiek is just Zelda with a Shiekah costume on and bondage underneath her clothes to hide her gender.

Six games is hardly a dying franchise. And the logic is that Roy's game wasn't even on shelves when Melee came out. Since Midna's has been out for a year, there is no reason why she can't appear based on the "She's too new" argument.
Considering the unpopularity of FE games at that point and the amount of time that went by between them I'd say it was a dying franchise. Again you can't use Roy as an example because he was a special case.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I was going to torture my wrist by typing a response to Numa even in this blasted Wii, but Ferro pretty much said everything I wanted to say. Midna is TP. Link was but her goon, Zelda was absolutely unimportant to the point of pretty much not being there, and you all know what's my opinion on Ganny's appearance. TP is, in fact, a tale that circles around the Twilight Realm, which means Midna and Zant. You don't go around looking for medallions or amulets to repel Zant's evil. No, you go searching for Midna's heritage so she can pwn him down.

EDIT: looks like he posted while I was typing. ****. Anyway, yes, I liked it when she talked. I actually pressed up un the pad a lot just to listen to her.

No, Zelda and Sheik are not the same individuals physically. This is mainly due to Sheik being a man and all. Remember, Zelda knows cool magicks, she merely transformed.

And calling FE "unpopular" is just wrong. It simply hadn't gone out of Japan. It was an absolute bestseller in there, shouldering with some of the most wellknown sagas in terms on sales. A saga with 6-7 games, some OVAs, and a rabid following is not what I'd call "unpopular"

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Physically two separate individuals? What the hell are you talking about? Shiek is just Zelda with a Shiekah costume on and bondage underneath her clothes to hide her gender.
The way she hid her gender was by the use of magic to change her gender. It's the ultimate disguise.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The way she hid her gender was by the use of magic to change her gender. It's the ultimate disguise.
She changed her gender and that automatically makes her a different person? It's still Zelda just a guy form. I'm freaking tired of talking about **** Shiek and Zelda being the same person. Sometimes I just wish Shiek never existed so I don't have to explain this ten times a day.

FE was unpopular enough for Nintendo to decide their next game needed advertisement.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
She changed her gender and that automatically makes her a different person? It's still Zelda just a guy form. I'm freaking tired of talking about **** Shiek and Zelda being the same person. Sometimes I just wish Shiek never existed so I don't have to explain this ten times a day.
Yes, I'd assume she was the same person mentally, despite the OoT manga openly assuming on the contrary. I never said anything to the contrary. I did have a bit of a qualm with considering them the same person physically, only wrapped up and bonded for a disguise, though. That's all I was saying.

I'll leave the FE thing to people who know more. I'll just say the idea was most likely to make use of a clone slot somehow, and they decided to put Roy in there instead of some other lord. The workload would be the same, and if it'd make Ninty sell a few more copies of the new game and get a lil' more cash, instead of promotioning another, older FE they wouldn't profit from, I'd think it was somewhat of a superficial thing.

Because, hey, more reps is more exposure, and they were trying to market the series out of Japan, after all. They had to put in someone.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hi there folks. Miss me?
No...
nah just jk with you!

:laugh:

I'll update my stage and runnerup lists later today. For now, I have to get one obscenely long post out of my system.
Hmm....you didn't add any characters, but you cut Dark Samus, Miciah, and K. Rool=why=??? Keep DS, change Miciah to Roy, and change K. Rool to Dixie Kong=she has a much bigger fanbase.

In other news, Brawl has cusomizable buttom configurations! Power to the people!
Personally, I always thought is was odd that BOTH the X and Y buttons on the Cube controller were assigned to jump. I think I'll map the grab button to Y for easy access.
The Z button is wierd, but if all the Z button does is grab I'll be super happy! Maybe i'll put it as the x or y button, even if I useboth to jump=ya.

Only characters WORTHY of a character slot should be given one - and a minor, overrated character such as Sheik is most definitely not. The PAL version didn't do nearly enough to nerf Sheik, as the character is fundamentally broken to the core. My hope is that she is gone for good.
She isn't broken, other than the chain-grab=cheap. Other than that she is fine, and she isn't half as bad as the super cheap Kirby and Pikachu in SSB64. Now that is super cheap, and super broken!

You'd most likely win that bet, JK1. WW link is a shoe in, in my view. At the very least, Samusrules93 is guaranteed to have a "WW Link owns" sig. :cool:
I've got a WW pic setup, but I gotta make the background and stuff, and the saying "Johnknight1 owned me (me being Samusrules93) like the n00b I am!" in it. I sorta know how to do it, but it will take some time I guess. Anyways, like my new sig=???

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed at Gamespot's unfairly low TP review as well (why should sound and gameplay be given equal importance?)

Fortunately, they are changing their review scheme. Hense forth, they are rounding up to the nearest .5, meaning that a 8.8 counts as a 9.0.
Saying Perfect Dark Zero is as good as TP is retarted. I am sorry, that game was broken, lacked fun, and overall was crap compared to the original PD, and next to TP it gets beaten til death "OVER 9,000!!!!!" times! I conclude that GameSpot's ratings are retarted. Honestly, 95% of the pics are from the 1st dungeon, and they never show any other dungeon. Heck, most of the other scenes not in the 1st dungeon were before it, and the only scene they showed that takes place after the 1st dungeon was Link riding on Epona for 5 seconds. So do they rate games JUST on the 1st dungeon or wat=???

IGN and Gametrailers did a review on it, and showed every dungeon except the last two, and gave it a 9.5 for the best control scheme yet and insanely awsome gameplay. Obviously GAmeSpot's ratings are retarted, they forgot the other 9 dungeons, and the story past the first two provinces. Shows that GameSpot's review team is led by a Sony and Microsoft fanboy, and the average user and reviewer rating came in at around 9.6=.8 higher! Eat your *********** GameSpot reviewers! There, I'm done ranting, lol! :grin:

Yeah, and since Melee had two Marios and two Links, I doubt that it will be a problem.
Exactly!

Actually, Link and Zelda's appearances are taken directly from Twilight Princess. It says so on Link's character profile on Dojo.
It says something along the lines that they are based off it, but I find it odd that Link's hair is more blondish in TP, sorta like it's primaraly TP Link, but still has that universal [adult] Link feel. Same goes for Zelda IMO>

Except:
when when she is being controlled by Ganondorf
She uses only one attack, so that is my reasoning behind it. Maybe she'll get a new Bdown, and maybe Ganondorf can be original since he is a clone, and Goroh can replace his awsome cloneyness! Ganondorf on the other hand
used his sword, and had at least 5 or so attacks, and could have a original moveset sorta based off Link's, but without being a clone of course!

I can see how it would be disappointing to someone who lives close to the event.
Erghh..I was going to with my cousin and my friends. Hopefully they announce more Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid PRime 3: Corruption news, as well as a new Star Fox, Legend of Zelda (TP sequal that owns TP=hopeful, but half impossible since TP was the closest thing to perfection ever!), Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario (I doubt this one), Pikmin (2 would be nice=go DS, and go Wii!), EBA (need...more!), Animal Crossing (so Tom Nook won't be the AC rep!), etc.

Also, some Halo 3, Gears of War II, Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, Blue Dragon (a rpg made by the people who made the insanely legendary Chrono Trigger), Devil may Cry 4, Final Fantasy XIII and versus XII (go to the 360!) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and MGS4:Guns of the Patriots News (go to the 360!)! Bet you didn't expect that someone would be anxious to hear news about that on the SWF, lol! :chuckle: ;) :)

I believe that they are throwing a separate event for the public this October. It's called E 4 All.
I pray to God you are right! I think I will look it up on wiki or something=ya.

RE 4 Wii Edition got good reviews, so I'll probably get it (plus it's only $30!)=awsome game!

The multiplayer in Wii Sports is definitely worth the price of a second Wiimote. Even baseball (while imperfect) is pretty fun in short bursts.
Baseball is fun every once in a while, but all I ever really play is bowling and boxing (mainly bowling). I don't need a 2nd Wiimote, I got 3 GC controllers and 1 Wiimote=4 controllers for Brawl! Maybe I'l lget Wii Play just to get another Wiimote...Hopefully Fight Nights Round 4 comes out on the Wii with the realistic punching! Now that would be pretty sweet!

No, Marth isn't popular. His cheap moveset is.
I seriously need to find that Melee poll, which had Marth as the most desired character for Melee. Now if he was cut, several fans in Japan would be upset, and Sakurai putting in the not half as popular BK in instead=??? I tkink not, in fact if I am 95% positive now Marth will return. He'd be removing one of the most popular SSB characters in Japan=not smart.

Black Knight is Ike's main rival, a major character in the teo most recent FE games and a perfect candidate for Ike's clone. And I guarantee he will be extremely popular playable character, given his undeniably awesome appearance.
Well Waluigi is Luigi's main rival and has appeared in over 20 games, does that mean he is more than likely going to make it=??? ARe you just going to keep raking that Marth looks like a girl just to prove that you think BK is cooler (his new concept art looks cool). Plus I think Roy looks a lot better anyways! Besides, here is someone with a 10 times better appearance than the BK!

^^^ That is all the good looking apearance we need!

As for Miciaiah, her role as the main lord in GoD is major factor - plus she brings more originaality to the roster.
Marth is better, more popular, and plays a bigger roll. I'm glad you removed her actually...now place Marth there to be fair to Japan. Don't forget about Japan! And Marth's roll is more than twice as big, he stars 100% of the time in both of his games, she stars in 2/3rd's of hers.

You don't remember the invisible wall? When you are out in the main plaza, go out on the shore line, and use your propulsion jetpack-add to try and leave the island, you smack into a giant invisible wall that surronds the island.
I noticed it, and it was in SM64 as well, but I noticed it a lot more in SM64 (since I aimed at them with the cannon a lot). The same thing was in SM64, but it was a lot more obvious! I always forget it is in SMS, because I never run into it, while the opposite is true in SM64.

I don't mean to knock SMS (I rather liked it) but the idea that it pushed the boundaries of gaming is simply false. With their first GC Zelda game, Nintendo introduced Wind Waker: a game that took risks at every turn (stunning cel shaded graphics, sea exploration, etc). Conversely, their first Mario game was just a sequel to SM64 - with a jetpack.
The physics were amazing, the challenges were hard(er than SM64), and the overall game was graphically and mechanically beautiful. It had beatifully diverse levels. The jetpacks are awsome and make the gameplay's fun never end! I could pop in that game right now and be having a great time doing nothing, just like SM64! You have it all wrong Wiseguy, better boss battles, insane jumping, awsome fights (sadly still without Koopa Troopas, but also withou Goombas)...cleaning up an island will never be half as fun again! You're begining to sound like GameSpot reviewers, lol!

That is proof it pushed the boundaries, and the insane boss battles and all...man that is such a great game, I'll have to play it later today, lol! I actually think SMS was almost as inivative as WW, except well WW has like the biggest world map ever (they actually cut around 70% of it out, it was that BIG)! WW did take risks, and since Nintendo isn't owned by graphics (in otherwords they aren't grpahics n00bs who care about gameplay>graphics!), they were able to make the insanely large world map, and the insanely long, but insanely awsome WW!

Too bad you couldn't steal enemies weapons in TP, and too bad in TP and WW that you couldn't carry enemy weapons with you=uber pwnage! That would have been like the best thing ever to happen to Zelda. *prays it will be in the next Wii Zelda, and Phantom Hourglass*

If anything, I would say the opposite is true. A awesome, but relatively unknown character from a newer, more relivant series deserves a place in Brawl far more than a retro character.
The retro characters generally have done a lot more for gaming than newer characters. Besides, Sakurai and Miyamoto (the two guys in charge) love retro characters, so chances are there will be more retro than newer characters. IC started the side-scrolling genre where you have to climb up, G&W started random fun and Nintendo, Kid Icarus pushed the boundaries of side-scrollers and climbing side-scrollers, Earth Bound totally reinvented the RPG as we know it and started a craze with a insanely awsome twist, Balloon Fight started areal battles in video gaming (outside of airplan games), and Mach Rider started the race and kill everything in your path genre=sorta like pre-Burnout!

AC humans are the eqivilant of trainers in Pokemon game - they are technically playable, but they lack all personality. Just as Pokemon are the true characters in their series, so also are the animals (particularily Nook) the real source of AC's quirky atmosphere.
Ya, but more people don't want Tom Nook in Brawl than want him. In fact more people hate him than like him! And comparing the AC humans to Pokemon trainers isn't the same. If you were the same Pokemon trainer in every Pokemon game then that trainer would be in Brawl, period! But since you change trainers, that isn't true.

What originality? With Zamus's sheik-like moveset and Simon's whip, we no longer have any use for the abomination.

Hope you know Galdiator did it wrong, thumbs down means you win in ancient Rome, lol! No way Simon is going to make it, Nintendo already has shown intrest in Sonic ( a lot), *sigh* Pac-man is in a Mario Kart Arcade game, and they don't want to screw over Capcom=basically their best 3rd party suppport. Plus Geno made a cameo appearance in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time=the perfect Square Enix rep (along with Crono!)

O, and last I check characters from tLOZ don't have guns, and that whip is a energy whip, and Shiek only uses her whip in one move. And Belmont isn't going to happen Wiseguy, take him and Sora out, and you can add IC and G&W back in.

Besides, Brawl is for reconizable all-stars, not Simon. ACtually, I don't like Simon, I just like Castlevania. Here, allow me to label the top selling non-Nintendo franchises! Also, due to length I cut out the franchises that never appeared on a Nintendo system, or have 0% chance of having a rep!

1.Final Fantasy: Only Crystal Chronical and FF I-VI characters have a chance, though they basically have a 0% chance.
2.Sonic the Hedgehog: Proof that he is the best-selling, most reconizable, and most likely rep for BRAWL!
3.Dragon Quest: You create your own character, so no DQ character will make it!
4.Resident Evil: A RE rep would be awsome *cough Leon*, but I doubt it.
5.Megaman: The Blue Bomber himself, ready to pwn all in his sight!
6.Street Fighter: My fav fighting series outside of Smash, but Megaman is a better Capcom rep.
7.Rayman: The Rabbids could make a intresting stage, lol! Ravving Rabbids2 looks better than the 1st one=ya!
8.Metal Gear: About to shoot up 6 levels with MGS4, this was the best choice IMO!

I want to note at this point that all games after this sold less units then Smash! TAKE THAT!
9.Kingdom Hearts: Urghh....good series, except I don't want Sora in Brawl!
Those are the only series that were qualified (sold over 10 millionunits), so virtually no other series really stands that much of a chance.

Not only would ROB have a far more unique moveset than Balloon Fighter, but he serves as a representative for all retro NES characters. He was Nintendo's original mascot for the NES, and he is easily the most iconic of all characters from that era. If any character deserves to replace G&W, it is he.
Ballon Fight can fly, swoop and hit you, and have the most unorthdox style ever! No one deserves G&W's spot or IC, they are that original! Same thing goes with Captain Olimar, all the way!

Well, Kratos might be cooler, but Lloyd is still the main character form Symphonia. I think if any character gets in, it will be him. But really, ANY Symphonia character in Brawl would be sweet.
Kratos, Lloyd, wat diffrence does it make=500 years, lol! Any Symphonia or Golden Sun character would be totally awsome=o ya!
Kratos would be the next best thing, since he is Lloyd's father!

Now every game has to inovate, this is true (two of my favorite games are Prime 2 and Tetris DS, after all) but in the case of a new 3-D Mario platformer, I think most people hold it in high regard since we usually only see one per generation.

With their first GC and Metroid titles, Nintendo produced games that were utterly unique and inspired. With their first GC Mario game, they gave us a polished sequel to an N64 game. I'm not saying it's bad, or even not great - but in comparison to other 3-D platformers from last gen (Ratchet and Clank in particular) Sunshine doesn't hold up as well as Prime or Windwaker.

Sunshine>Prime, Prime 2>Sunshine! Sunshine was the #2 selling game on the GC, and it was a amazing game. It isn't just a sequal...it is completely diffrent. I've beaten both games like 10 times, so I'd know. O, and it would pwn all the Ratchet and Clank games anyday, even if I like Ratchet and Clank.

[
Fortunatly, Galaxy looks like a game that will set a new standard for platformers, since it not only uses the Wii-mote in unique ways, but allows players to launch themselves from planetoid to planetoid in deep space. It also doesn't hurt that it has the best cartoon-esque graphics since Windwaker.
Cartoony...I'm guessing it will look a lot more realistic, but still epic graphics by it's release, and the same goes for MP3.

Fair enough. I could see him either remaining similr, or getting a bit of an overhaul. But I agree: the vaccume should be his final smash.
The Vaccume would own! HEHE...o Mario!

I dunno. After playing Sunshine and Super paper Mario, I would really like to see Boswer with more presonality, and a voice would be a great way to do it. Can't be at least have his signature laugh as a taunt?

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
That would own!

I hope have can get a Wii soon. Twilight Princess is the best Zelda to date.
Correction: Twilight Princess is the best GAME to date!

I couldn't agree more.
AS the ultimate WW Link for Brawl extremist, I agree. Heck, I'd be willing to go into communism just to get him in the game, lol! Looks like I won't have to do that *back off Stalin!* :chuckle:

WHAT YOU DON'T HATE SHIEK?!?!?!?! YOUR NOT WELCOME HERE!!!

After seeig a swordless Zelda, I'm inclined to think that they might do just that...
The fact that Zelda is original is the reason she wasn't altered. Ganondorf is a clone, and can be made original, while Samurai Goroh basically takes his old moveset=done deal!

Meh. To each their own I guess. If you like the character, that's all that matters.
Jigglypuff: Has priven itself twice to be a awsome and original character!

Double agreed. Sakurai usually saves a big update for friday, so maybe we'll see this how this transformation works tomorrow?
They will not transform, trust me! I am 99.99999% positive, and we won't see how Samus transform into ZSS, PERIOD! Besides, we saw Wario's <B> and B^ anyways, lol!

Absolutly. It's the revenge of the low tiers!
I use to main Kirby, and i say NOOO!!!!! Don't make him so spamable, make it to where he can instantly KO you so fast! Make him have the same stats, minus being half invincible! Erghh...hate it when I lose with my new main in SSB64 Mario (actual;ly I've mained him for a year or so) gets beat down by my old main Kirby. Don't even mention Pikachu....

A repeat of Kirby would be a bit extreme, but I think Fox should be about the same lelve as Mario or Link.
That is the one thing I worry with Brawl, making the top tier characters into the worst character in the game=Kirby. I'm guessing Fox will stay with Capt. Falcon in the mid-high tiers, and Mario and Link (who should WD better) will join them. But Kirby should be as strong as in SSB64, minus the super spams and insane adown! Man that can get extremely annoying on kaillera! :mad:

I like them both (Falco and Wolf) but I suspect only one will make it. I chose Wolf, since he deserves a turn in the spot light.
Falco-Luigified clone intended to be a clone.
Wolf-Clone at about the same level of Roy was in Melee. DONE=you can have both!

Diddy absolutely HAS to make it. There is no character more worthy than he.

If he doesn't make it I might boycott Brawl...NO one who isn't confirmed deserves to be a newcomer more! NO ONE AT ALL! NO ONE! NO ONE! NO ONE! Diddy PWNS! DIE DIDDY HATERS, DIE! *evil laugh* *calms down* Seriously, he haas a 109% chance of appearing in Brawl, so I don't think I'll have to boycott Brawl, lol! :chuckle:

I'm not so sure about Dixie, but it's not impossible.
She is better and more wanted than K. Rool. Donkey Kong deserves 3 reps, easily.

^^^ Funniest crap ever! Let us hope it will be severally nerfed in Brawl, lol! Also, C. Falcon without his helmet as a alternate costume would own!

Don't be decieved. Pikmin are deadly, bloodthirsty warriors. Soon, all will kneal before the awesomness that is Olimar and his minions![/QUOTE]

Pikmin make the RE Zombies look like tame puppies, lol!

You laugh now, but just wait until Nook is high tier...
It will happen...
when Master Chief is in Brawl, and when Pichu returns and becomes the god tier!

Yeah, possibly, but i'm not holding my breath.
Dr. Mario should be a alternate outfit for Mario! Doc pwns!

I'll be sad to see him go, as well but it seems inevitable. What would the reaction be if Falco were cut and G&W remained?
Or worse, Falco didn't make it and Nook made it. No one likes Nook, everyone likes Falco, and putting in Belmont instead of Marth. Simply put, Falco>Marth>G&W>Belmont>Pichu>Nook.

The way I see it, either Mewtwo or Deoxys will make it. It matters not to me which, though I suspect Deoxys would be an eve more unique addition.
There shall be 5 Pokemon, almost everyone on the Pokemon thread agrees on that one.

I can see your point, tough I would personally take three Luigis over one mewtwo any day. However, we;ll just have to wait for more character updates before we know for sure...
What is wrong with Mewtwo, he is the Pokemon that ties into the story the most in Pokemon R/B/G/Y versions, as well as FR/LG versions. Heck, he even plays a roll in S/G/C, in which he doesn't appear in. He was the character everyone wanted to play, but the biggest disappointment in Melee. He deserves redemption!

If it comes down to a choice, cut Machrider. An appearance in Brawl is Olimar's birthright!
Olimar>Mach Rider, but Mach Rider NEEDS to be in SSB4, PERIOD! Argue that Mach Rider doesn't deserve a spot in SSB4 and Solid Snake will slit your throat.

I could stand having another floaty character - as long as Midna's attacks aren't as unbalanced as Peach's (I don't consider her as broken as Sheik or Fox/Falco, but Peach is still in need of a nerf).
Only her adownsmash really...that move is cheap. Peach is one of my 3rd string characters (my 5th best, I'm better with Roy now, lol!), and as a Peach user I admit that is cheap!

Wish lists are welcome too. But some grounding in reality is always welcome.

Trode, Skull Kid and Revolver Ocelt would be on mine.
Vatti, Blastoise, Revolver Ocelot (or Liquid Ocelot=main villian in MGS4) (we agree on that, lol!), and Charizard would own! Don't doubt this...AT ALL! Add Raiden just so everyone can hate him, lol!

Well, the only thing I really have a major problem with is your decision to omitt WW Young Link. C'mon man, some form of "Young Link" has starred in more Zelda games than other character in the series - and WW Link is the star of the exceptional Windwaker and the highly anticipated Phantom Hourglass. He wouldn't be a useless clone, he would be a fun and popular clone! Besides, he's a completely unique individual from TP Link, so we can still have Midna/Wolf.

Besides that, your list is just about perfect! 9.8/10.
I give it a 9.6/10=exellent list. Honestly, a few months ago all I saw were bad lists, now all I see are good lists, lol!

Welcome to my thread! I'm glad you enjoyed my comments. I'll never know what people see in Pokemon...
It is the most addicting RPG series of all-time, that is why. Plus the music is great, and the Pokemon themselves are unique. The only problem I have is that it's the same thing everytime: Get 8 badges, beat 4 Elite 4 Members, and Beat the Champion.

Luckily, the series is constantly reinvented. The 2nd gen added Johto, plus returned Kanto bigger than ever, thus you beat the elite four and get 16 badges, not to mention there are 100 more Pokemon. With the 3rd gen abilities were added, along with 120 or so new Pokemon, and with the 4th gen there is online trading, battling, speculating, etc. and so much more. Not to mention over 100 new Pokemon=ya. Too bad the 2nd gen had the biggest world map...

Honestly, a 3D Pokemon that translates the first 2 gens would be pretty sweet, as well as super awsome! The series keeps consantly uping the antie when it comes to RPGs, remaking their brilliance everytime. Simply put it is 100% addictive!

Yeah, I think controversy has a lot to do with it. When you cut as many characters as I did, it was bound to get some responce. But I think a large part of the thread's longevity can be credited to you fine folks who continue posting here! Thanks, by the way.
Maybe it is because 9 character cuts won't happen, and we keep thinking we'll convince Wiseguy, lol!

In the recent games (Assault in particular) Wolf plays a greater role than Falco, so it's possible he could be included as Fox' new clone. I just can't see more than three SF characters, but I certianly wouldn't complain if that were the case.
But not Command, where Falco's roll IMO was the second biggest, behind only Fox himself! Make two SF characters clones, keep 1 as a original, and add 1 new original one, and we get the 4 SF characters that the majority of us ALL want. DONE!

Sheik isn't invincible, but she does give equally skilled opponents an unfair advantage against non-high tier characters. She has to go.
No she isn't, and no she doesn't. Pikachu and JKirby in SSB64 was far worse!

That's alot of Kirby hats! I can't wait to see Snake Kirby...
Kiby should wear Snake's bandanna, maybe Big Bosses' eyepatch, and he can use a rocket launcher. I would laugh if Kirby got Snake's knife, and stabbed people with it, blood, gore, and organs and all, lol! :chuckle:

I agree with you, to a point. Ike and Marth are different enough (in terms of fighting style)that it would be fairly odd and out of place to have one the clone of the other. However, they would be similar enough (given the reality that they are both guys with large, one handed swords) so I don't think it is worth the effort to spend time on a unique moveset for both of them. Thus, Marth should be cut.
Ike and Marth should have a diffrent moveset, period. If there is a 3rd FE character, they should be a clone of one of them, preferably Marth. That is your opinion Wiseguy, but more than likely Marth will return.

Metal Gear is filled with awesome characters, Psycho Mantis being one of them. Unfortunately, he could be beaten easily whenever his opponent puts their controller in the Player 4 socket...:laugh:
The End for the Win!

And... since when is Marth balanced?
Since if anyone was as good as Ken with 20 or so of the characters they could win, PERIOD!

I think sakurai might reveal DK or Yoshi in addition to Zamus and Meta, but otherwise he's probanly saving the big reveals for his E3 trailer.
Wind Waker Link, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Ike, Luigi, DK, Yoshi, Ridley, Sonic, Megaman, and Samurai Goroh for the WIN!

My guess is that he's complete most of the characters, and is just using these last months to add some layers of polish. But that's just a guess...
He's adding in the last original charcters, being WTF characters, balancing the tiers, etc. All that is left is the clones, a few stages, a few features, single player, etc. Then he'll balance the tiers more, and test the game on the best of the best *hopefully* to see how balanced the tiers/gameplay is.

I see it now....Kojima vs. Sakurai vs. Miyamoto vs. Ken...the match of the century! :chuckle:

Question: do you guys think that he'll reveal the entire rsoter before the game's release, or let us find out for ourselves who is unlockable?
He said he would reveal the entire roster to us before Brawl's release! That was a promise, and Sakurai is a very trustworthy guy!

I suspect we could see characters like Olimar, Meta, Pit, Diddy, Ridley and Ike as starters as well - though there is no way of knowing for sure..
Olimar will be a starter, Ike will be a starter, Pit will be a starter, Diddy could go either way, and Ike will be a unlockable character.

Good enough.

You are so going down...
I hope Samusrules93 wins that bet, otherwise Samusrules93 will have to wear my sig one month, yours the next, lol! What do you have planned to be Samusrules93's sig for a month by the way Wiseguy=???

@ Samusrules93
If you lose both bets, you have to wear whoever beats you first's sig the firs month, and whoever beats you later's the next, lol! I see 2 months of sheer joy ahead for you Samusrules93! :chuckle:

Fair enough. If his Knightliness agrees, you can use his WW sig for another month you've finished with mine. Boy, are going to get sick of looking at that character...

Edit: I can't find the place in Gray Fox's profile that I miss spelled Sakurai. Are you sure it wasn't somewhere else in my original post?
His Knightliness....HEHE I like that title, lol! Whoever wins first gets to have Samusrules93 wear their sig first, but if Shiek is confirmed not to be in Brawl while WW Link makes it, then we'll deciede. Personally Idc who goes first, just as long as I win, and I get a 3rd main in WW Link (along with Fox and TP Link of course). Hopefully I'm not an idiot and have multiple mains this time=YAE!

Only problem is the background. I sorta know how to make the background and all, but I guess I'll just have to learn as I go along with it. Shouldn't be too hard I suppose, won't take me too long. Samusrules93 is going to absolutely love it...:chuckle:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Wiseguy said:
Sure, we're bound to see more characters in certian places - but I would argue those spots on the roster would be better served if they were given to a series like Metroid or DK that has lacked any significant representation in previous games.
Oh man, you've got me all wrong. I completely agree with you. I think franchises like Donkey Kong and Metroid really deserve more characters. You probably think I'm some huge Pokemon fan or something :laugh:. I like Pokemon, but I'm not a huge fan towards it. I'm way more of a fan to things like Donkey Kong. I just don't see why Nintendo's second best selling franchise can't have more than four characters.

Wiseguy said:
Yes, Pokemon is an important series - I just think that four characters is a fair number considering the vast number of incredible newcomers competing for a select few spots. No doubt many people disagree, but that's just my opinion.
I agree that four is a fair number for Pokemon. I was actually saying they should only have four Pokemon. I just don't see why it would be a problem if they had more. My original idea for the Pokemon franchise was this:

Cut:
Pichu
Jigglypuff

Keep:
Pikachu
Mewtwo

Add:
Lucario
Deoxys

Wiseguy said:
Perhaps, but there are plenty of other characters who deserve an appearance in Brawl just as much as Mewtwo. I would argue that he had his chance, and now it's time for another worthy character (Deoxys, for example) to get a share of the spotlight.
By all means, I think Deoxys should be added as well, but that doesn't mean Mewtwo has to go, even if the roster size for the Pokemon franchise is only four. Mewtwo should honestly take Jigglypuff's place in returning. She's a character that doesn't really even serve a purpose when it comes to the story of Pokemon. Like I said before, why Jigglypuff was added in the first place is beyond me. I think they only added her just to fill up another character space in Super Smash Bros. Then, she only made it to Super Smash Bros. Melee because there weren't to be made any cuts to the original twelve. If there were cuts made from the original roster, I guarantee Jigglypuff would not have made it to Melee.

I really wish you would understand what I'm trying to say. I really think you should replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo on your list. He is a much more deserving, much more popular, and much more of a Pokemon that actually matters, or one that actually affected the story of Pokemon. He's a character that made some kind of difference. Jigglypuff is not. Jigglypuff being in the first game means nothing. On the old Super Smash Bros. Brawl website, it said that characters could even be cut from the first game. I use to think Captain Falcon and Ness would be cut from the origianl twelve, but I had forgotten all about Jigglypuff, and once I remembered her, I changed my mind. Jigglypuff, in the reality of the Pokemon games, is just some random Pokemon. Mewtwo is not. The only reason I can think of why Jigglypuff was added in the first place, was because of the Pokemon show. That pretty much ruined everything...Anyway, do you now get what I'm trying to tell you? I really think you should replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo on your list. That would make me feel better :laugh:. I'm sure most people would agree with me. I saw some other people in this topic who were saying the same thing as me. Cut Jigglypuff, add Mewtwo. What do you say :laugh:? If you did that, I would pretty much agree with your entire list, except for the fact that you cut King K. Rool...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong rocks! He's my second-most used character, after Doc. Maybe we'll see him in an update soon like Zelda?
Ya, Zelda was shown the day after Phantom Hourglass was released in Japan, though. DK's next game comes out August 9th (I think) in Japan...but they didn't wait for any of the other characters and DK's nearly as iconic and popular and such...so just forget that. I just wish they'd pass the torch of experimental games to someone else so we could get another full fledged traditional adventure game. :/

So ya...DK, King Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf (large characters FTW), and Wolf. Anyone else is just extra.>_>

Wrong and wrong.

Olimar starred in two games: Pikmin 1&2 - both of which were published by Nintendo (reeased on the Gamecube in 2001 and 2004 respectively), produced by Shigeru Miamoto (the brainchild of Mario and Zelda, in case you haven't heard) and met with critical acclaim from reviewers and comercial success. You would know this if you had read my post, and consisidered what I had written before jumping to a conclusion. You disapoint me. :(

Second: while Olimar relies on the fighting power of his minions, he is also more than capable of holding his own in batte. In Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 he has the ability to furiously punch his enemes to widdle down their health bar. Thus he has plenty of "inner ability or strength".
This doesn't sound like something I'd say. :/

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
FE was unpopular enough for Nintendo to decide their next game needed advertisement.
They did that because there hadn't been a real FE game in a whie (FE5 was only available through Nintendo's official site iirc, so it was fairly inaccessible). Not to mention that Marth was the 6th most requested character for melee, and the 2nd FE slot was originally Sigurd, though Sakurai opted for Roy in the end. The advertisement idea wasn't due to FE becoming unpopular.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Way, way too much thought is going into this thread.

And mewtwo still isn't on the character list, for shame.
Given the amount of idiocy in a lot of other places, I like to think of the amount of thought in here as the forum's counterweight to keep the medium IQ in accepptable values. So we can never have too much thought ;).

And that is what we're trying to tell Wiseguy, but he won't listen! :ohwell:

melee_man

Smash Cadet
Where in the entire game of OOT does it even say sheik is a guy?

and what is this oot manga?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Possible spoiler warnings below.

Sheik is not a guy. >>

There are hints throughout the game, mainly while talking to those stones of truth(?), that Zelda is a tomboy, or likes to dress up as a boy/man. While it was never said that Sheik was a guy, it was supposed to give the illusion that she was one, to hide from Ganondorf.

End spoilers.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah right. And the fact that his outline is clearly masculine (pectorals and abs, for God's sake!), that Navi and Link clearly think he sounds like a man (Navi refers to Sheik a few times as "that Sheik guy"), and all other little clues of that are around are obviously everyone being fooled by a disguise. I'm going with the Occam razor here, and say those were no disguises or illusions, but a simple polymorph spell. It's safer (you really telling me Ganondorf would have fallen for a simple disguise for 7 years long? I'd like to note that Ganny felt and identified her less than twenty seconds after she turns back to Zelda. I'm thinking a mere disguise might not do against such an Evil-radar (tm).) and doesn't conflict with everything. The fact that Zelda's tomboyish probably was the main reason why she chose a man form, (and Impa was probably the one this man was a Sheikah). That's what I think, myself.

I think these two might be relevant to the topic at hand :p :

Well, it was for science...

Aaand we have the reason the gender of our resident he/she/it/potatoe will never be officially confirmed...

I love the comics by this guy :laugh:.

Oh, and the OoT manga is just what it says. A manga based (somewhat loosely) on OoT's storyline. Remember, in Japan, if it exists, there's a manga about it somewhere. I have the fansubbed scans, I think. What I don't remember is where I hosted them or what language they were in.

kma23

Smash Apprentice
The following characters should be cut imo:
Marth(sorry but we have ike now)
jigglypuff(he was added in the first place cause he was popular in the show which is hated worldwide by anyone over 10)
Game&watch(don't freaking ask about this)
D.r Mario(unless he is changed from being a mario clone)
Roy(Sorry we got sothe now)

Characters that need to be revamped:
Luigi:(make him own his own playing style such as EX: instead of fire let hi shot lightning balls as he did in the mario and luigi superstar saga game one)
Bowser:(just improve him please)
Link: (he needs more speed to compliment his power) he seems to have been revamped already but you never know.
Falco: give him his own fighting style more of an aerial fighter with most of his attack on the ground being(fast)setups for aerial combos.
Mewtwo: ok I don't know much about mewtwo but I know this he is very fast in pokemon and insanely strong with specials so I suggest he gets more devastating moves and his speed is tweaked a bit.

Characters that should be nerfed imo (basically lower theire strength)
Fox: give him slower animations than falco and mariolink kirby and pikachu)
I might edit this later

Charecters that should be in imo:
Pokemon:
lucario
Deoxys
Pikachu
pokemon trainer

Star fox:
Fox
falco

Mario series:
mario
luigi
peach
bowser
wario
waluigi

Zelda series:
link
Zelda
(see possible fighters)

Metroid:
Samus / Zamus (sheik play style - please dont have her wastes a metroid slot with zamus)
ridley
two of the hunters
(weavel and surge would be cool)

Kid icarus series:
Pit (nuff said)

Fire emblem series:
Ike
sothe
silver haired girl

Sonic series:
sonic

Megaman series
Megaman (classic)

I will finish this post later so wait for it.:chuckle::chuckle:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I honestly thought that K. Rool was saying "F*** you" to the crowd for like a split second. Then I realized he was saying "thank you."

Lol.

I'm gonna crack up laughing if K. Rool's taunt is like that if he turns up in Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hello all Happy Canada Day! Have you hugged your beaver today?

haha...
goodnesss :)

I realized something a while ago that MIGHT (ONLY might) pierce a flaw into midna/wolf combo: The Kirby Hat?!?

The solo midna's kirby hat was simply: fused shadow head and hair

I cant exactly think, though, of a good combo kirby-hat, or atleast with the forementioned moveset, considering it requires both wolf link and midna to execute the b-attack.
We all know that moveset is just theory, but still. any thoughts? :p
Maybe Kirby will simply be unable to absorb Wolf/Midna.
I like Ferro's solution: Kirby takes on characteristics of both Midna and Wolf Link (for example: Midna's hat and Wolf's fur and tail.

Wiseguy, my thread is up and running now. "Biv's Super-Duper Character Predictions". All I have is my character roster as of now, but by tomorrow I'll have a little bit of everything. Check it out.

Also, thanks lots on the permission for the stages.
No prob.

I look forward to reading your updates.

Do you know what the best part of being me is? THERE'S SO MANY OF ME! *2 clones of myself bring Wiseguy to me and all three of us beat him to a pulp*
I should have seen the shadow clone jitsue coming...

By the way, your assault left one my fingers unbroken - allowing me to continue typing. So HA!

Notice how I don't care what that quote says? Only four Nintendo games selling better than it does not make it better than other Nintendo games it just means that Nintendo hyped the crap out of it.
Well, if you had read my quote, you would know I wasn't talking about sales numbers - I was talking about critical acclaim. If you average out all the scores given by gaming mags and sites, Twilight Princess is the 17th greatest games of all time and the forth greatest Nintendo game of all time - according to the critics.

I'd say the fact that he is the rival of an almost guaranteed Link incarnation makes him worthy of brawl.
Like I said, WW Link and FS Link are different individuals and are connected only by their artstyles. If anything, Ganondorf is Cell Shaded Link's rival - since he appeared as the main villian in both Wind Waker and Four Sword Adventures.

I'd much rather see someone from the WW/PH branch of the series instead. Perhaps Tingle, or someone from Phantom Hourglass.

Or maybe they are waiting to see how Europeans like the game before they release it into such a big market. Think about it for a second if they where to release a game that was good that stared an unpopular character wouldn't that increase that characters popularity? Thats what I think the whole reason the Tingle game was made for, they want to make Tingle more popular all over the world and I think they would want that more than just selling a couple more copies of an already selling great game.
The way I see it, you either like Tingle or you don't. If he appears in Brawl, Tingle fans will still like him and Tingle haters will still despise him.

Tingle starred in his own game, not becuase Nintendo needs all their characters to be popular, but becuase Tingle was already popular - in Japan.

I suspect Nintendo is releasing the game in Europe as a test, to see if Tingle's wackiness sells outside Japan. I doubt that they are counting on that game to be the next Pokemon or Brain Age. Twilight Princess, however, has proven to be a system seller.

Yes well no matter how important TP is they aren't going to add a characters solely from that game just because it is the most recent and popular game in the franchise. I believe that they will expand their view and choose characters that best represent the series as a whole this time around.
You can beleive what you want Numa Dude, but simply stating something as a fact does not make it so. Do have any evidence to back up tour theory?

I would argue that popularity does play a factor in choosing the roster. Consider the Metroid and Pokemon series. Metroid is one of Nintendo's oldest as most celebrated franchises since the NES days, and is considered by many to be one of the greatest series of all time. Pokemon, in comaprison, was a comparitively young franchise. Yet in both SSB64 and Melee Pokemon had multiple representatives while Metroid got only one. Why is that?

Well, the most obvious reason is that Pokemon has a greater number of "characters" (and with Pokemon, I use the term loosely) but this doesn't explain why Jiggs got in both gvames while Ridley (one of Nintendo's biggest villains) wasn't. So, the only reason left is popularity. Pokemon was (and is) a far more popular series, so it got four reps while Metroid got one.

My point? Smash is a game for the masses, so the popularity of a character definitely affects their chances of appearing. Don't get me wrong, importance to their game of origin and how great their potential for a unique moveset is are also important. All three factors should be considered.

Since I honestly don't care if Midna makes it or not AND I believe her chances are incredibly low I couldn't care less about a moveset.
Uhhh... we were arguing over Midna's potential for a unique moveset weren't we?

Sakurai has proven time and time again to favor characters with unique movesets, so the fact that Midna/Wolf is the most unique of all Zelda characters is definite plus in her favor.

That is just bull****. The main character/hero/protagonist of TP was Link Midna was just the helper character.
Ferro already hit this one home, But I'll chime in as well.

Initially, the player is lead to believe that, once again, Link is the main character in TP and Midna is the new fairy/helper/sidekick character that aids him in his quest. However, over before long the story about Link and the village kids vanishes and is revelaed to be a side story in a larger story involving Midna and the Twili Relm.

That's the brilliance of TP's story: it pulls a baten switch, puting the player in the role of the sidekick aiding the main character (Midna) in her quest.

Well then we will have to agree to disagree won't we now.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Skull Kid. He may even be my favorite character in the series. But in terms of bringing originality to the roster, an Imp/canine tag team is infinitely more unique in my view.

Wrong. Skull Kid had development when you learned about how he lost his friends and how he became twisted because of the mask and about when he met the fairies. Ralph had development when he tried to sacrifice his family line to defeat the evil in oracle of ages.
I wouldn't say SK and Ralf are lacking in character development, but in terms of number of hours devoted to a character Midna takes the cake. We didin't see an awful lot of Skull Kid in his game, as he was more lurking in the background.

Her personality is that of the MM fairy just ten times as bad.
You might find Midna's personality to be annoying, but it is there nevertheless. In MM, the fairy was justb a side character. In TP, Midna is the main focus of the story.

You mean like how the MM fairy grew to start to want to help save the world of Termina more and more in MM?
Sort of. The fairy was given a surprisingly amount of dialouge and is central to a few of the plot points - but Midna weighs in on just about every plot development in TP, and she often IS the plot.

I've never played that one, so I'll take you word on that point.

Come one, that's not fair. Just becuase the character is a female doesn't mean anyone who likes the character is automatically a pervert. I found her weirdness and unique perosnality to be a refreshing page out of the Majora's Mask playbook.

Come to think of it, didn't you say you liked the character when you reviewed the game on the Zelda character discussion thread?

With his masks and moods the Happy mask salesman can have a great moveset, your point?
Again, importance to the series, popularity AND originality are all important. Midna has all three going for her, while HMS only has the later.

Actually, it's Link who is the "helper character". Midna is the one who uses Link's abilities to gather the magical Twili artifact things and the mirror chards.

It doesn't really matter, to be frank. Sheik ha her own moveset, so she was no less time consuming to program into the game than anyone else.

The point is, they chose to include Sheik as a playable character because it was the logical way to include a unique gameplay mechanic and pay homage to a recent and popular game in the series. The real story is that Sakurai didn't rule out the character in spite of the fact that he/she/it/potatoe lacked importance to the series as a whole. Likewise, Midna is unique character whose inclusion would be a logical way to pay homage to a popular and recent entry into the series - so she has an excellent chance of being included in some form.

Like some have already pointed out, there were plenty of other characters that they could have chosen for the series - yet they chose to include the lord from the mot recent game. Once again, Sakurai and Nintendo choose to include a character from a recent entry to a franchise. At the very least, this proves that it isn't impossible for a recent character like Midna to make the cut.

Logical choices that can be backed up with evidence? Okay how about Skull Kid being in the same situation as Midna is now (recent major character) but still didn't get into melee even though it would have been the perfect time? See what I mean? If it can happen to the kid why can't it happen to Midna?
That's actually a good argument. You bring up a fair point: why would an alias from OoT get in over the main villian from the more recent MM (who is also more important to the series as a whole)? POPULARITY. IN spite of the fact that MM is infinitely better (in my view) OoT was imply more popular. Fortunately, TP is currently the most popular Zelda - so there is no "Sheik" to rob Midna of her place in Brawl.

Well said, Ferro. Your absolutely correct.

Okay I'll pretty much admit that you where right on this point.
So, if Midna is in fact the main character in TP isn't it at least a possibility that she will make the cut? I mean, what you think or why I think doesn't really matter - all that matters in this context is what Sakurai decides.

You liked it when she talked? Are you crazy? That stupid gibberish made me want to shoot myself. The only good part about her voice was when it accidentally formed funny sentences liked this one time she asked me was my bread worthy (She seriously said that once, I'm not joking).
Well? IS your bread worthy?

Personally, I think Sheik is OoT Zelda OUT of disguise, if you know what I mean.

Shiek and Zelda are the same person, but in the context of Smash bros Sheik is no less time consuming to include - so for all intents and purposes she is a separat character.

The point is, if Sakurai deemed a mere alias from a single game to be included over the far more worthy Skull Kid (becuase of the popularity of OoT) then there is no reason why Midna
could not similarly ride the wave of TP's popularity and be included over Tinlge ot Vaati.

Considering the unpopularity of FE games at that point and the amount of time that went by between them I'd say it was a dying franchise. Again you can't use Roy as an example because he was a special case.
It's interesting how many of these "special cases" keep croping up...

Isn't it just possible that Sakurai is open t the inclusion of recent character additions?

I was going to torture my wrist by typing a response to Numa even in this blasted Wii, but Ferro pretty much said everything I wanted to say. Midna is TP. Link was but her goon, Zelda was absolutely unimportant to the point of pretty much not being there, and you all know what's my opinion on Ganny's appearance. TP is, in fact, a tale that circles around the Twilight Realm, which means Midna and Zant. You don't go around looking for medallions or amulets to repel Zant's evil. No, you go searching for Midna's heritage so she can pwn him down.

EDIT: looks like he posted while I was typing. ****. Anyway, yes, I liked it when she talked. I actually pressed up un the pad a lot just to listen to her.

No, Zelda and Sheik are not the same individuals physically. This is mainly due to Sheik being a man and all. Remember, Zelda knows cool magicks, she merely transformed.

And calling FE "unpopular" is just wrong. It simply hadn't gone out of Japan. It was an absolute bestseller in there, shouldering with some of the most wellknown sagas in terms on sales. A saga with 6-7 games, some OVAs, and a rabid following is not what I'd call "unpopular"
I feel for you Drascin. Typing on the Wii is a huge pain. I hope Nintendo releases a keyboard with Animal Crossing Wii...

Hmm....you didn't add any characters, but you cut Dark Samus, Miciah, and K. Rool=why=??? Keep DS, change Miciah to Roy, and change K. Rool to Dixie Kong=she has a much bigger fanbase.
Nope. I also added Black Mage (as a Sora replacement) and Bonk and de-cloned Dx3. I hated cutting DS and Miciaiah, but I think the roster is now better overall.

She isn't broken, other than the chain-grab=cheap. Other than that she is fine, and she isn't half as bad as the super cheap Kirby and Pikachu in SSB64. Now that is super cheap, and super broken!
Sheik is WWWWAAAAYYYYY cheaper than SSB64 Kirby and Pikachu. Her attacks' spped and power (particularily her ariel attacks) give her a significant advantage over non-high tier characters. In SSB64, I was able to play as DK against equally skilled Kirby players and still compete. Try that in Melee against Sheik.

I've got a WW pic setup, but I gotta make the background and stuff, and the saying "Johnknight1 owned me (me being Samusrules93) like the n00b I am!" in it. I sorta know how to do it, but it will take some time I guess. Anyways, like my new sig=???
Your new sig rocks. I suggest you make SR93's sig as humiliating as possible. I had my bro (who goes by Bane round these parts) cook up a suitably atrocious looking WW sig that will make his eyes bleed.

Saying Perfect Dark Zero is as good as TP is retarted. I am sorry, that game was broken, lacked fun, and overall was crap compared to the original PD, and next to TP it gets beaten til death "OVER 9,000!!!!!" times! I conclude that GameSpot's ratings are retarted. Honestly, 95% of the pics are from the 1st dungeon, and they never show any other dungeon. Heck, most of the other scenes not in the 1st dungeon were before it, and the only scene they showed that takes place after the 1st dungeon was Link riding on Epona for 5 seconds. So do they rate games JUST on the 1st dungeon or wat=???

IGN and Gametrailers did a review on it, and showed every dungeon except the last two, and gave it a 9.5 for the best control scheme yet and insanely awsome gameplay. Obviously GAmeSpot's ratings are retarted, they forgot the other 9 dungeons, and the story past the first two provinces. Shows that GameSpot's review team is led by a Sony and Microsoft fanboy, and the average user and reviewer rating came in at around 9.6=.8 higher! Eat your *********** GameSpot reviewers! There, I'm done ranting, lol! :grin:
To be fair, Gamespot did give positive reviews to Warioware (9.1) and Super Paper Mario (8.9) so I'm hoping that the TP thing was an isolated incident from one reviwer who happened to hate fun. We'll know for sure when we see the reviews for Prime 3, Brawl and Galaxy.

It says something along the lines that they are based off it, but I find it odd that Link's hair is more blondish in TP, sorta like it's primaraly TP Link, but still has that universal [adult] Link feel. Same goes for Zelda IMO>
Whatever makes you feel better JK1, but Sakurai was pretty clear.

She uses only one attack, so that is my reasoning behind it. Maybe she'll get a new Bdown, and maybe Ganondorf can be original since he is a clone, and Goroh can replace his awsome cloneyness! Ganondorf on the other hand
used his sword, and had at least 5 or so attacks, and could have a original moveset sorta based off Link's, but without being a clone of course!
Hey, I don't disagree. Ganondorf SHOULD be given his sword, in my view. I'm just saying, Sakurai could have done the same for Zelda and chose to include a moveset more consisent with her Melee moveset. I hope you are correct, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Erghh..I was going to with my cousin and my friends. Hopefully they announce more Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid PRime 3: Corruption news, as well as a new Star Fox, Legend of Zelda (TP sequal that owns TP=hopeful, but half impossible since TP was the closest thing to perfection ever!), Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario (I doubt this one), Pikmin (2 would be nice=go DS, and go Wii!), EBA (need...more!), Animal Crossing (so Tom Nook won't be the AC rep!), etc.

Also, some Halo 3, Gears of War II, Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, Blue Dragon (a rpg made by the people who made the insanely legendary Chrono Trigger), Devil may Cry 4, Final Fantasy XIII and versus XII (go to the 360!) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and MGS4:Guns of the Patriots News (go to the 360!)! Bet you didn't expect that someone would be anxious to hear news about that on the SWF, lol! :chuckle: ;) :)
In addition to new trailers for Prime 3 (my favorite single player series ever) and Brawl (the most anticipated Nintendo game ever), I'm also looking forward to more news on:

1) Dragon Quest XI: Who cares about FFXIII? This game could be the greatest RPG ever - if it lives up to DQVIII's quality. This game is the reason I bought a DS and I can't wait for this game to grce our shores.

2)Fire Emblem GoD: I must have spent 200 hours playing and replaying Path of Radiance, and the sequel can't come soon enough. Where's my North American release date Nintendo?

3) Battaleon Wars Wii: Halo killer? Starcraft killer? Maybe not, but it's a wachy RTS/shooter in the same vein as Pikmin - with online play.

4) LoZ: Phantom Hourglass: It's Zelda. Need I say more?

5) FF: Chrystal Chronicles Wii: That trailer looked incredible, and made me ancious to see more of what looks to be the Wii's answer to Kingdom Hearts.

I pray to God you are right! I think I will look it up on wiki or something=ya.
They explain it pretty well here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=5&pt=1

In part 2 they discuss E4 for all:

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=5&pt=2

RE 4 Wii Edition got good reviews, so I'll probably get it (plus it's only $30!)=awsome game!
Indeed it did. I haven't played an RE game yet, so I'm looking forward to playing the Wii edition.

I seriously need to find that Melee poll, which had Marth as the most desired character for Melee. Now if he was cut, several fans in Japan would be upset, and Sakurai putting in the not half as popular BK in instead=??? I tkink not, in fact if I am 95% positive now Marth will return. He'd be removing one of the most popular SSB characters in Japan=not smart.
Marth was the most requested character for Melee. Was. And he got in Melee. Mission accomplished. Now, it's time for the more worthy and popular Ike to take his place. BK will be the new clone, so he'll replace Roy.

Well Waluigi is Luigi's main rival and has appeared in over 20 games, does that mean he is more than likely going to make it=??? ARe you just going to keep raking that Marth looks like a girl just to prove that you think BK is cooler (his new concept art looks cool). Plus I think Roy looks a lot better anyways! Besides, here is someone with a 10 times better appearance than the BK!

^^^ That is all the good looking apearance we need!
Waluigi has appeared in alot of games, but has yet to star in his own (as either a hero or a villian).

Snake is awesome, but that doesn't mean that more awesome characters need to be included. Ganondorf, Black Knight, Ridley and Simon Belmont all deserve a spot as well - and having them all in one game would be infitely more awesome.

Marth is better, more popular, and plays a bigger roll. I'm glad you removed her actually...now place Marth there to be fair to Japan. Don't forget about Japan! And Marth's roll is more than twice as big, he stars 100% of the time in both of his games, she stars in 2/3rd's of hers.
Marth is not more popular among FE fans - and that's really all that matters when deciding who will represent the series. Ike's games are more popular, because they are available worldwide.

I noticed it, and it was in SM64 as well, but I noticed it a lot more in SM64 (since I aimed at them with the cannon a lot). The same thing was in SM64, but it was a lot more obvious! I always forget it is in SMS, because I never run into it, while the opposite is true in SM64.
The difference is that Sunshine is a GC game, so it should meet higher standards.

The physics were amazing, the challenges were hard(er than SM64), and the overall game was graphically and mechanically beautiful. It had beatifully diverse levels. The jetpacks are awsome and make the gameplay's fun never end! I could pop in that game right now and be having a great time doing nothing, just like SM64! You have it all wrong Wiseguy, better boss battles, insane jumping, awsome fights (sadly still without Koopa Troopas, but also withou Goombas)...cleaning up an island will never be half as fun again! You're begining to sound like GameSpot reviewers, lol!

That is proof it pushed the boundaries, and the insane boss battles and all...man that is such a great game, I'll have to play it later today, lol! I actually think SMS was almost as inivative as WW, except well WW has like the biggest world map ever (they actually cut around 70% of it out, it was that BIG)! WW did take risks, and since Nintendo isn't owned by graphics (in otherwords they aren't grpahics n00bs who care about gameplay>graphics!), they were able to make the insanely large world map, and the insanely long, but insanely awsome WW!

Too bad you couldn't steal enemies weapons in TP, and too bad in TP and WW that you couldn't carry enemy weapons with you=uber pwnage! That would have been like the best thing ever to happen to Zelda. *prays it will be in the next Wii Zelda, and Phantom Hourglass*
Physics wise, the game was basically SSB64. That isn't a bad thing, since it's not always necessary to fix what aint broken. Bottom line, being fun and revolutionary are not the same thing. Sunshine is a fun game, but it isn't as revolutionary as WW or Prime.

The retro characters generally have done a lot more for gaming than newer characters. Besides, Sakurai and Miyamoto (the two guys in charge) love retro characters, so chances are there will be more retro than newer characters. IC started the side-scrolling genre where you have to climb up, G&W started random fun and Nintendo, Kid Icarus pushed the boundaries of side-scrollers and climbing side-scrollers, Earth Bound totally reinvented the RPG as we know it and started a craze with a insanely awsome twist, Balloon Fight started areal battles in video gaming (outside of airplan games), and Mach Rider started the race and kill everything in your path genre=sorta like pre-Burnout!
Retro characters have their place, but they should never tke the place of relevant and contemporary game characters. Games like Aniaml Crossing and Pikmin are just as revolutionary, and far more popular today.

Ya, but more people don't want Tom Nook in Brawl than want him. In fact more people hate him than like him! And comparing the AC humans to Pokemon trainers isn't the same. If you were the same Pokemon trainer in every Pokemon game then that trainer would be in Brawl, period! But since you change trainers, that isn't true.
Again, all that matters is what AC fans want as their representative. Lots of people hate Pikachu and Jiggs, but they usually aren't Pokemon fans.

You change AC characters from game to game as well, just like Pokemon trainers. The game randomly selects a facial appearance every time you start a new file.

Hope you know Galdiator did it wrong, thumbs down means you win in ancient Rome, lol! No way Simon is going to make it, Nintendo already has shown intrest in Sonic ( a lot), *sigh* Pac-man is in a Mario Kart Arcade game, and they don't want to screw over Capcom=basically their best 3rd party suppport. Plus Geno made a cameo appearance in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time=the perfect Square Enix rep (along with Crono!)

O, and last I check characters from tLOZ don't have guns, and that whip is a energy whip, and Shiek only uses her whip in one move. And Belmont isn't going to happen Wiseguy, take him and Sora out, and you can add IC and G&W back in.
Simon is the most likely thrd party character. He is owned by Konami, who also own Snake, while Sonic and Megaman require separate agreements with separat companies.

As for Sora, I already replaced him with Black Mage in my latest update.

Besides, Brawl is for reconizable all-stars, not Simon. ACtually, I don't like Simon, I just like Castlevania. Here, allow me to label the top selling non-Nintendo franchises! Also, due to length I cut out the franchises that never appeared on a Nintendo system, or have 0% chance of having a rep!

1.Final Fantasy: Only Crystal Chronical and FF I-VI characters have a chance, though they basically have a 0% chance.
2.Sonic the Hedgehog: Proof that he is the best-selling, most reconizable, and most likely rep for BRAWL!
3.Dragon Quest: You create your own character, so no DQ character will make it!
4.Resident Evil: A RE rep would be awsome *cough Leon*, but I doubt it.
5.Megaman: The Blue Bomber himself, ready to pwn all in his sight!
6.Street Fighter: My fav fighting series outside of Smash, but Megaman is a better Capcom rep.
7.Rayman: The Rabbids could make a intresting stage, lol! Ravving Rabbids2 looks better than the 1st one=ya!
8.Metal Gear: About to shoot up 6 levels with MGS4, this was the best choice IMO!

I want to note at this point that all games after this sold less units then Smash! TAKE THAT!
9.Kingdom Hearts: Urghh....good series, except I don't want Sora in Brawl!
Those are the only series that were qualified (sold over 10 millionunits), so virtually no other series really stands that much of a chance.
Simon is the most important caracter in the Castelvania series ( a series that is extrmeley popular still and is very commonly associated with Nintendo) and he has the potential for a far more unique moveset.

I could see Black Mage from FF I appearing...

Ballon Fight can fly, swoop and hit you, and have the most unorthdox style ever! No one deserves G&W's spot or IC, they are that original! Same thing goes with Captain Olimar, all the way!
Fly?! Your kiding! That's amazing! That will definitely set him apart from Metaknight, Pit, Dx# and Ridley.

ROB would be just as unique as G&W or ICs so he and Pit should definitely take their spots as the new reps for Retro Nintendo.

Correction: Twilight Princess is the best GAME to date!
They will not transform, trust me! I am 99.99999% positive, and we won't see how Samus transform into ZSS, PERIOD! Besides, we saw Wario's <B> and B^ anyways, lol!
Sakurai said she would be a transfromation. Until he says otherwise, we have to assume nothing has changed.

She is better and more wanted than K. Rool. Donkey Kong deserves 3 reps, easily.
Wel, if you give one new character to DK and Metroid it would be fair - as long as you are equally hard on series like Pokemon and Starfox.

It will happen...
when Master Chief is in Brawl, and when Pichu returns and becomes the god tier!
Or, you know, not. Nook for Brawl!!

Or worse, Falco didn't make it and Nook made it. No one likes Nook, everyone likes Falco, and putting in Belmont instead of Marth. Simply put, Falco>Marth>G&W>Belmont>Pichu>Nook.
I like Nook. Don't I count?

There shall be 5 Pokemon, almost everyone on the Pokemon thread agrees on that one.
Yeah, and who could be more objective than the peopl on the Pokemon thread?

What is wrong with Mewtwo, he is the Pokemon that ties into the story the most in Pokemon R/B/G/Y versions, as well as FR/LG versions. Heck, he even plays a roll in S/G/C, in which he doesn't appear in. He was the character everyone wanted to play, but the biggest disappointment in Melee. He deserves redemption!
Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I don't care as long as only 4 pokemans max make it.

Only her adownsmash really...that move is cheap. Peach is one of my 3rd string characters (my 5th best, I'm better with Roy now, lol!), and as a Peach user I admit that is cheap!
No argument here.

Vatti, Blastoise, Revolver Ocelot (or Liquid Ocelot=main villian in MGS4) (we agree on that, lol!), and Charizard would own! Don't doubt this...AT ALL! Add Raiden just so everyone can hate him, lol!
Ocelot won't be in Brawl. He is WWAAAAYYY too awesome.

It is the most addicting RPG series of all-time, that is why. Plus the music is great, and the Pokemon themselves are unique. The only problem I have is that it's the same thing everytime: Get 8 badges, beat 4 Elite 4 Members, and Beat the Champion.

Luckily, the series is constantly reinvented. The 2nd gen added Johto, plus returned Kanto bigger than ever, thus you beat the elite four and get 16 badges, not to mention there are 100 more Pokemon. With the 3rd gen abilities were added, along with 120 or so new Pokemon, and with the 4th gen there is online trading, battling, speculating, etc. and so much more. Not to mention over 100 new Pokemon=ya. Too bad the 2nd gen had the biggest world map...

Honestly, a 3D Pokemon that translates the first 2 gens would be pretty sweet, as well as super awsome! The series keeps consantly uping the antie when it comes to RPGs, remaking their brilliance everytime. Simply put it is 100% addictive!
Fine, fine. I get it. They're great. Moving on...

Maybe it is because 9 character cuts won't happen, and we keep thinking we'll convince Wiseguy, lol!
Your right. 12 chracter cuts seems more likely. Jiggs? Ness? Falcon? I'm coming for ya!

The End for the Win!
BEST. BOSS FIGHT. EVER.

Since if anyone was as good as Ken with 20 or so of the characters they could win, PERIOD!
Uh... call me crazy, but you shouldn't have to be as good as Sheik to compete with the character of your choice. Equally skilled players should b equally matched, regardless og their character pic. As it stands, if you try and fight a Sheik, Marth or Falco with Doc or Young Link you are at a disadvantage.

I hope Samusrules93 wins that bet, otherwise Samusrules93 will have to wear my sig one month, yours the next, lol! What do you have planned to be Samusrules93's sig for a month by the way Wiseguy=???
Let's just say a alot of bright purple and a collection of WW LInk's most dopey expressions is on the menu...

Oh man, you've got me all wrong. I completely agree with you. I think franchises like Donkey Kong and Metroid really deserve more characters. You probably think I'm some huge Pokemon fan or something :laugh:. I like Pokemon, but I'm not a huge fan towards it. I'm way more of a fan to things like Donkey Kong. I just don't see why Nintendo's second best selling franchise can't have more than four characters.
Fair enough. I just think that it's more likely that they will keep the same number of reps for most of the series, and just increase the number for series like Metroid and DK. We'll just have to wait and see...

I agree that four is a fair number for Pokemon. I was actually saying they should only have four Pokemon. I just don't see why it would be a problem if they had more. My original idea for the Pokemon franchise was this:

Cut:
Pichu
Jigglypuff

Keep:
Pikachu
Mewtwo

Add:
Lucario
Deoxys

By all means, I think Deoxys should be added as well, but that doesn't mean Mewtwo has to go, even if the roster size for the Pokemon franchise is only four. Mewtwo should honestly take Jigglypuff's place in returning. She's a character that doesn't really even serve a purpose when it comes to the story of Pokemon. Like I said before, why Jigglypuff was added in the first place is beyond me. I think they only added her just to fill up another character space in Super Smash Bros. Then, she only made it to Super Smash Bros. Melee because there weren't to be made any cuts to the original twelve. If there were cuts made from the original roster, I guarantee Jigglypuff would not have made it to Melee.

I really wish you would understand what I'm trying to say. I really think you should replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo on your list. He is a much more deserving, much more popular, and much more of a Pokemon that actually matters, or one that actually affected the story of Pokemon. He's a character that made some kind of difference. Jigglypuff is not. Jigglypuff being in the first game means nothing. On the old Super Smash Bros. Brawl website, it said that characters could even be cut from the first game. I use to think Captain Falcon and Ness would be cut from the origianl twelve, but I had forgotten all about Jigglypuff, and once I remembered her, I changed my mind. Jigglypuff, in the reality of the Pokemon games, is just some random Pokemon. Mewtwo is not. The only reason I can think of why Jigglypuff was added in the first place, was because of the Pokemon show. That pretty much ruined everything...Anyway, do you now get what I'm trying to tell you? I really think you should replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo on your list. That would make me feel better :laugh:. I'm sure most people would agree with me. I saw some other people in this topic who were saying the same thing as me. Cut Jigglypuff, add Mewtwo. What do you say :laugh:? If you did that, I would pretty much agree with your entire list, except for the fact that you cut King K. Rool...
Heck, if they cut Jigs for M2, I wouldn't complain. I don't care for either to be honest. Personally, I suspect that Jigg's role as one of the original 12 guarantees her spot on the roster - but I could be wrong.

I felt bad about cutting K. Rool - but de-cloning Dx3 left me no choice. I think having DK and Diddy represent their series would be acceptable, as long as the other series (like Pokemon) are also given the bare minimum.

You dare question the Wall of Pain?
Jiggs will now kick your arse.
Jigg's attack is NOTHING compared to my Wall of Pain.

Ya, Zelda was shown the day after Phantom Hourglass was released in Japan, though. DK's next game comes out August 9th (I think) in Japan...but they didn't wait for any of the other characters and DK's nearly as iconic and popular and such...so just forget that. I just wish they'd pass the torch of experimental games to someone else so we could get another full fledged traditional adventure game. :/

So ya...DK, King Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf (large characters FTW), and Wolf. Anyone else is just extra.>_>

Interesting. I had no idea that was when PH was released in Japan. Coincidence? Perhaps not...

This doesn't sound like something I'd say. :/
Oops. My bad. It was Wrath of Koarin who said that, Not you. Sorry...

Way, way too much thought is going into this thread.

And mewtwo still isn't on the character list, for shame.
Given the amount of idiocy in a lot of other places, I like to think of the amount of thought in here as the forum's counterweight to keep the medium IQ in accepptable values. So we can never have too much thought ;).

And that is what we're trying to tell Wiseguy, but he won't listen! :ohwell:
Hey, if this thread has TOO much thought put into it, it's better than the alternative.

Thanks for posting a Marth vs. Ike thread, by the way.

Where in the entire game of OOT does it even say sheik is a guy?

and what is this oot manga?
Say it with me: He/ She/ It/ Potatoe. that is how to describe Sheik.

@ Eveyone else: I've got to go. I'll respond to you later.

In the mean time, here's my latest challenge: list the five games you most want to here about at e3 (besides Brawl, Prime 3 and Galaxy.)

Wiseguy out.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
But those are the only three I want to hear about...
Same here. The only way they'd make me pay attention to anything else would be iNiS presenting EBA 2. I'd say Ouendan 3 better, but that's more likely at TGS, if anything :p. That, or maybe some new NIS game. I hope Odin Sphere reaches this parts soon.

Oh, and thanks for the worry, Wisey. But don't worry, I'm getting surprisingly proficient with this remote, I'd say. It's still uncomfortable, and slow, and multi-quoting is a *****, but I am starting to manage. Still, let's hope your keyboard idea doesn't fall on deaf ears. HEAR THAT NINTENDO?! WE WANT WIRELESS KEYBOARDS! AND THE ABILITY TO COPY/PASTE!

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Hey, why did you take Micaiah out?

I've been watching some FE10 trailers and now I want her in brawl :D

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Five, huh?

1. The third game from Team ICO
2. Metroid Dread
3. Kirby of the Stars
4. Final Fantasy XIII
5. The next The Legend of Zelda game (ya...I know it could be pretty far off but they said it's further along than we would expect and if they ban Mr. Miyamoto from intervening the game could come out within a reasonable time frame <_<)

As for unannounced games I'd like to see, I wouldn't mind a new Mario Kart or Star Fox for the Wii.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well, being the DMC fan I am, I'd like to see some Devil May Cry 4 footage (I should probably think about acquiring one of the consoles it'll play on soon). I want to see more of Dante now that they revealed he'll be playable. Fortunately the anime will keep me occupied for the moment.

I also want to see more of FF XIII and FF Versus XII, as that would be one of the things that would persuade me to actually want a PS3 if they look appetizing enough.

Anything regarding the next Tales of game would be good too, there's supposedly another one in development. I'm interested in which console Namco will bring the tales series to this time.

We'll also probably get more on Soul Calibur Legends and SC4, so I'll look forward to that too.

And hopefully we'll finally get an international release date for GoD by then.

Top Bottom