• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Press Kit with 240+ pictures (Items not in Direct featured)

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/

Notes:

-Galaga item
-Bee hive item
-Tanooki suit leaf
- Boomerang
- Drill gun of some sort
- Blue shell (saw in direct video)
- And lots more (lots of returning items like the warp star, etc)

If this has been posted already, awesome, go ahead and lock/delete/whatever. I didn't see anything though, so here you go.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Oh man, those scenery-focused Final Destination screenshots~

So, any guesses as to what the Retro Namco Game point flag will do?

Also, is this the team healer item? That's my best guess for it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Beautiful...!
Also glad to see there's a flickr automatic downloader for Chrome, they couldn't make that interface harder to use if they tried :p

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
can someone please explain what a press kit is and where exactly did these screenshots come from if they weren't in the direct?

ndayday

BRoomer
can someone please explain what a press kit is and where exactly did these screenshots come from if they weren't in the direct?
basically they send HQ images to gaming press outlets for them to use in hopefully promoting or talking about the game.
Many of the screens are actually from the direct though, just a lot better quality.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That drill item is Kid Icarus Uprising's Drill Arm. The eyeball turret thing is the Killer Eye from that game as well.
And hey, poor Pit finally has an expression when he trips on a banana.

EDIT: And him being attacked by a Metroid with ZSS around. Must be a reference to KI's Komayto, not to mention KI/Metroid being brother/sister games back in the day.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
basically they send HQ images to gaming press outlets for them to use in hopefully promoting or talking about the game.
Many of the screens are actually from the direct though, just a lot better quality.
ok, but how come I havent seen any of these images used anywhere else. its just this one guy on flickr who uploaded them all.

ndayday

BRoomer
ok, but how come I havent seen any of these images used anywhere else. its just this one guy on flickr who uploaded them all.
Serebii Joe (guy that owns and runs Serebii, probably the biggest Pokemon fansite if you don't know) posted some on his Twitter and mentioned it was a press release.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
THE RACCOON LEAF! I CALLED THAT ****! It gives you the ears and the tail and everything! Just like I imagined!

I can't wait to see Raccoon Samus an Raccoon Little Mac. :D

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
These have significantly more items than the Direct did.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
What is this item? It looks like the motion sensor bomb, but it's really big...

https://flic.kr/p/mVdybz

I suppose it could be shrunken Zelda throwing it...

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is the picture that I sent to Sakurai on Twitter in 2012... see which items actually got in!! :awesome:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Is there a list of items from Brawl that have NOT been revealed yet? Did any items from Melee that were cut in Brawl return?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nice! Master Ball, fairy, and POW right?
Master Ball, POW Block, Super Leaf, and Bombchu. So happy Sakurai added some new items that I actually asked for on Twitter.

I suppose the Stray Fairy was replaced with the Fairy Bottle?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Not that I feared for them, but nice to see Mother items to confirm Ness/Lucas will indeed come back.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
The only items I can think of off the top of my head that hasn't been confirmed yet are party ball and metal box.
SOOOO MANY FUN LOOKING ITEMS!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've seen the drill and the eye thing somewhere before and it's driving me nuts where they come from. Is the drill supposed to be the rock-cutter drill from Kirby and the Crystal Shards?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I've seen the drill and the eye thing somewhere before and it's driving me nuts where they come from. Is the drill supposed to be the rock-cutter drill from Kirby and the Crystal Shards?
Killer Eye and Drill Arm are both from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The Galaga is certainly interesting. Same thing with the Rally X flag.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
That seems plausible. But we'll have to wait and see. :p

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
The only items I can think of off the top of my head that hasn't been confirmed yet are party ball and metal box.
SOOOO MANY FUN LOOKING ITEMS!
The Metal Box was in that batch of pictures.

I think the only thing missing from Brawl is the Party Ball, Fan, Cracker Launcher,

and by Melee's items: Barrel Cannon, Red Shell, Cloaking Device, Parasol, Flipper (though that was confirmed not to be in the game, but is a stage hazard in Balloon Trip),

Top Bottom