• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If anyone does know a good Krystal moveset, feel free to show it off here, otherwise, ill probably be making one soon.

:phone:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll put my support for Krystal in.

I'm thinking Assault outfit with adventure's moveset. (With Adventure's tribal Bikini thingy as an Alt)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's what I've been thinking as well. She actually has legitimate costumes to choose from, unlike a lot of characters.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Oh my god please no. Don't waste any more slots on Star Fox than you already have Sakurai. Please>

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You fool. Get out before Kyrstal blasts you with an arwing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm fine with Krystal, as long as she wears her Assault outfit, and utilizes her staff for combat. We do need a Star Fox rep that's least likely to have semi-clone traits after all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If anyone does know a good Krystal moveset, feel free to show it off here, otherwise, ill probably be making one soon.

Oh, Shorts, how could you forget the moveset I made months ago.

KRYSTAL

[COLLAPSE="Specials"]B: Fire Blaster
Krystal shoots a Fireball with small knockback from her staff. However, by holding B, you can hold the charge and have a stronger, in general fireball. The main purpose for this attack is for zoning and scaring your opponent that you’ll shoot a fireball.

Side B: Ice Spray
Shoots a spray of ice from her staff. While Krystal is in any part of the startup or while it’s active, Krystal can adjust her aim. This is used as an anti-air, keep-out attack, or an edge guard move. Over time, the range of the spray decreases. If the spray is done at point blank, however, the opponent will be frozen.

Down B: Quake
Krystal strikes her staff to the ground to create a localized shockwave, there are three “points” where the shockwave will rise. This depends on your directional input. If you hold back during the startup, the shockwave will be close to you, while holding forward goes for max range. Holding just down or neutral lands between the two points. Useful for countering camping, or like the fireball, scaring the opponent. This attack is also jump cancelable. This attack does not work in the air for obvious reasons.

Up B: Rocket Boost
Krystal raises her staff and flies up. Doing straight Up causes her to go up vertically while Up-Left and Up-Right will cause her to travel in those directions. Like’s Snake’s Cipher recovery, Krystal can exit out of the recovery.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ground attacks."]AAA: Krystal does a forward jab with her staff high, then low, and then does two kicks.
FTilt: Swings her staff downward. A good poke.
DTilt: Krystal crouches and sticks her staff out, this is her best poke.
Up Tilt: Like Pit’s UTiltt, but has two hitboxes. If the opponent is next to you as you hit, the move has more knockback and damage, but the hitbox on the feet has less knockback and damage.
Dash: Does a swipe at the opponent's foot, causing them to trip, but because of the reward, this attack is unsafe at close range.
FSmash: Krystal raises the staff behind her and drops the staff like an axe.
DSmash: Krystal places her staff to the ground, spins around and then does a downward angled double kick to the opponent. This has good horizontal knockback, but poor vertical knockback. This is best used for tech chasing or as an edgeguard.
USmash: Krystal holds her staff like a baseball with the charge going to her staff’s head. She swings upward. Unlike the above attack, this has poor horizontal knockback, but good vertical knockback.
Wakeup Attack: Like AA, but the second hit goes behind her.
Ledge Attack: Climbs and does a quick, weaker version of her FTilt
100% Ledge Attack: Weaker version of her DSmash[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerials"]NAir: Spins once with her staff horizontally.
FAir: Spins once with her staff vertically. The range, unlike her NAir, goes far in front instead of covering both sides.
BAir: Swings staff horizontally behind her. Has two attacks. First few active frames have good knockback not too far from Zelda's kicks. The rest of the active frames function as a sex kick.
DAir:Pokes directly below her.
UAir: Extends her staff 30 degrees upward to the direction she’s facing.[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse="Throws"]Pummel: Knees the opponent.
FThrow: Lunges at them in the stomach.
BThrow: Stomps on their foot, uses the staff to push them behind by their neck moving them behind her, and then kicks them.
DThrow: Tosses them to the ground, does a quick jump and spin of the staff above her, land with her staff hitting the opponent and causing a ground bounce.
UThrow: Punches the opponent and then uses the staff like a shovel to launch the opponent.[/collapse]

Playstyle: Krystal is a character that excels greatly at mid-range combat thanks to her range while having her Fire Blaster and Quake as zoning backup. Your objective with Krystal is to scare the opponent with these projectiles while being close enough to poke in for damage. Her preferred way to K.O. is horizontally. Her attacks don’t do the greatest knockback aside from a few so use her aerial pokes, Ice Blast and potentially other attacks for edgeguarding the opponent which she is also good at.

Her main weakness is that she has a somewhat predictable recovery and that she only has a couple of kill moves. Therefore, she's more combo oriented than what you might expect from a mid-range fighter.

I'm not including stats like speed and whatever because there's a number of traits involve and I don't feel like thinking much about those. This also includes a gameplay idea or two I had in mind for the next game so you can choose to ignore it.

Krystal has been one of my most wanted characters since 2002 and is part of my top five along with Tom Nook, Ridley, Kumatora, and Toad.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Boom. I didn't forget, just had no way of finding it! Will set this on the front page tomorrow afternoon!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What are you talking about? I had it in the BR moveset discussion.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I legitimately thought "who?" for a good few seconds before remembering she exists.

Starfox really does not have the importance to Nintendo to warrant a fourth character for me. I truly do not see what one would offer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't look at it in regards to importance. You have to consider what she would bring to the table that few, if any, other characters can bring. The staff provides potential, and it'd be nice to have a weapon user that doesn't uses swords/daggers for a change.

The whole importance thing is, in my opinion, the result of misinterpreting roster picks. The vast majority of the characters in Smash are very famous characters. Naturally, most people would put those characters ahead of other characters in terms of priority. They don't choose them because they're important. They choose them because they're brain dead picks/bring something new to the table - Peach is both of these for example.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That moveset is missing a Final Smash.

My best ideas is that Cloud-Runners (Pterodactyls) Swoop across the stage bombarding the opponent.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree with most posts here. she could be a unique character among the cast. who else uses a staff as a main weapon? none, that is.

regarding appearence, there's the possibility of alternate costumes, just like Wario in Brawl.

regarding moveset potential, if Star Fox is to have a new character, I think it's Krystal. only then we could consider the likes of Peppy, Slippy, Leon and Pigma (which, judging by Melee and Brawl, are likely to have semi-clone-ish movesets like Fox, Falco and Wolf, even though they could be very different from each other, mind you).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Front is updated with the moveset :3

smashbot226

Smash Master

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
I agree with most posts here. she could be a unique character among the cast. who else uses a staff as a main weapon? none, that is.

regarding appearence, there's the possibility of alternate costumes, just like Wario in Brawl.

regarding moveset potential, if Star Fox is to have a new character, I think it's Krystal. only then we could consider the likes of Peppy, Slippy, Leon and Pigma (which, judging by Melee and Brawl, are likely to have semi-clone-ish movesets like Fox, Falco and Wolf, even though they could be very different from each other, mind you).
General scales wouldnt.
but anyways krystal probably will be next followed by leon

smashbot226

Smash Master
Except Fox used it far more prominently in the game she premiered in. By that logic, we should give Fox a completely new moveset around the staff, except we won't because that's silly.

The same can and will be said for everyone else in Sm4sh. This does not make her any more or less possible.

Considering we have people who turned Ganondorf into a clone, I would not except a female anthropomorphic fox to have a vastly different moveset from her male counterpart. Not to mention the, uh, seeming lack of imagination between the sets I've seen for her.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"Stick will make Krystal teh uniquez guize!!" is still a flawed excuse for adding Krystal.
More important in the overall storyline.
By far most popular SF character yet to be added.

The only thing people are saying is that she's defionitely next in line, and that they want her. If you don't want her, go away.

That goes for all of you. You obsess over hating her more than people obess over liking her. Its kind of sad. Move on.

smashbot226

Smash Master
More important in the overall storyline.
By far most popular SF character yet to be added.
Arguable. Like someone mentioned a while back, she is hated as much as she is loved apparently.

The only thing people are saying is that she's defionitely next in line, and that they want her. If you don't want her, go away.

"STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME OR GO AWAY"

There is a reason Krystal is hated beyond being obvious furbait.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wouldn't say so. Considering its the same four hurtasses coming in and saying "she's hated and a dirty furry".

Everyone else who posts in here likes her.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I wouldn't say so. Considering its the same four hurtasses coming in and saying "she's hated and a dirty furry".

Everyone else who posts in here likes her.

And here I thought rational thought was an option. Well in that case, I'm pretty sure you're the only person that supports her and everyone else either doesn't want her in or is posting to confirm they would be interested, but not all that desperate to see her in the next installment.

Seriously, though, people hating the character and knowing her chances are two different things. Don't think these two are on the same side of the coin or you'll be mocked even more than you already are now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Regardless of what you say, it doesn't change the fact that she's the best choice for the next starfox character. She's most popular by far, and most important. Based on being the love interest and having a role intertwined with the main character. In brawl she's quoted both having the ability to fight, as well as saying "I'm the only one left here who can fight!" The ability to fight is something important to sakurai. And he has aknowledged her ability to do so. You say the hate is strong, but Sakurai doesn't seem to think so. If a character like her, or Tingle make appearences then he obviously doesn't see much in hatebases. So, she's a popular choice, something Sakurai cares about to an extent. She can fight, and has her gimmick, somethinf Sakurai likes. She's prominent enough to not be an obscure choice. Something that Sakurai thinks about. Her hatebase hasn't effected Sakurai so far, doubtful it will now. Its believed that Sakurai will probably look back on his brawl poll from 2007, to see some character suggestions. Back then Krystal was one of the most mentioned characters as samurai panda's posts had showed us. Krystal will be a character he comes across.

I don't know if he will pick her, but there is plenty of reasons to, and as far as we know, the only reason you can come up with is something he doesn't seem to give two ****s about.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh and by the way, the reason why I think the staff would not be implemented is because she hardly ever used to begin with. She only used it in Star Fox Adventures for about 5 minutes or so before being trapped in a blue crystal for the remaining portion of the game. Fox actually uses the staff more so then Krystal, despite the fact it was hers to begin with. After that game she uses the more standard equipment used by the Star Fox team, which is varies guns and the Arwing.

Also keep in mind that characters don't always use their weapons for Super Smash Bros.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Oh and by the way, the reason why I think the staff would not be implemented is because she hardly ever used to begin with. She only used it in Star Fox Adventures for about 5 minutes or so before being trapped in a blue crystal for the remaining portion of the game. Fox actually uses the staff more so then Krystal, despite the fact it was hers to begin with. After that game she uses the more standard equipment used by the Star Fox team, which is varies guns and the Arwing.

Also keep in mind that characters don't always use their weapons for Super Smash Bros.
Wow I was about to say the same thing. I would only want Krystal in if she uses her staff that she's barely touched. If she's in the game "cool," if not, "ok." I do believe she is next in line for StarFox though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

unfortunately, that's true. I never got why Ganondorf doesn't use his sword in the game. but a staff wielding character would be something new for Smash, which is a strong reason for Krystal (along with other characters like Palutena) to be a playable character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Krystal was added, she would use her staff. Without her staff, she's nothing. Her staff is the only thing that makes her worth adding, which at the same time means she's not really worth adding.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Part of me makes me think that Krystal should be lighter than Fox. I know that she's taller than him, but it would still give Fox a break for always being treated as the lightest Star Fox fighter.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Palutena is more magic, Krystal would use her staff as more of a physical weapon, not a conjuring tool. And go back to the Ridley thread. Can't wait to fight Ridley in SSE again.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Krystal was added, she would use her staff. Without her staff, she's nothing. Her staff is the only thing that makes her worth adding, which at the same time means she's not really worth adding.
agreed. if they add Krystal just for her be another Fox (semi-)clone, then it's a wasted spot of the roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not really, because people like Krystal. If you consider her to be a waste, then by default so is Falco and Wolf. They don't get special treatment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not really, because people like Krystal. If you consider her to be a waste, then by default so is Falco and Wolf. They don't get special treatment.

you have a good point. if people just like her, they won't mind much with her moveset. but Wolf is quite different from Fox in terms of moveset (with the obvious exception of the Special moves and Final Smash). Fox and Falco being more similar could derive from the fact that they both trained to be Star Fox pilots...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thankfully the idea of Krystal using a staff is a pretty universal idea. (American and Japanese fans like the idea) which means the idea is a general one. "Krystal? She could use her staff!" Seems to go through most peoples minds. Hopefully that includes Sakurai.

Smady

Smash Master
Is it really her staff? Fox uses it for the whole game, she uses it a fraction as much as he does. The staff is more representative of the game than Krystal. She has even appeared in later games without the staff.

That's my main problem with Krystal as a newcomer. She's more a representative of Star Fox Adventure. I like the game, but it's hardly a Star Fox game. It's the odd one out in the whole series. So I find it hard to swallow that we get a newcomer pretty much entirely to represent this game that has a loose connection to Star Fox, just because Krystal has no potential otherwise, and apparently due to the staff having boundless creativity therein. It has as much potential as any other magic user has, I think. Sure, it does specific stuff, but I'm sure every other magic user has a niché too, and most of the time it isn't entirely thanks to a random weapon they used for ten minutes that one time.

Plus if we're talking about staffs, Palutena is a lock and also uses a magic staff, far more than Krystal ever did. She's in a game that came out this year that Sakurai directed and is insanely popular, and Pit is the sole representative of Kid Icarus in Brawl. It's obvious who will get in first, and invalidate the other one.

Honestly, I think Star Fox has enough reps. I supported Wolf for Brawl, we got him. I draw the line there.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like Wolf, he's a clone. Krystal could be a clone, don't add her. Awful.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it really her staff? Fox uses it for the whole game, she uses it a fraction as much as he does. The staff is more representative of the game than Krystal. She has even appeared in later games without the staff.

That's my main problem with Krystal as a newcomer. She's more a representative of Star Fox Adventure. I like the game, but it's hardly a Star Fox game. It's the odd one out in the whole series. So I find it hard to swallow that we get a newcomer pretty much entirely to represent this game that has a loose connection to Star Fox, just because Krystal has no potential otherwise, and apparently due to the staff having boundless creativity therein. It has as much potential as any other magic user has, I think. Sure, it does specific stuff, but I'm sure every other magic user has a niché too, and most of the time it isn't entirely thanks to a random weapon they used for ten minutes that one time.

Honestly, I think Star Fox has enough reps. I supported Wolf for Brawl, we got him. I draw the line there.
Every time I think about what Krystal adds to the game, it's about her staff and a Dinosaur Planet stage. So I think you nailed it. Because Dinosaur Planet itself is such an odd entry in the series, that's what makes Krystal such a refreshing idea of a character, especially for Star Fox. But to represent something so old that no one cares about might be a bad idea. And when you look at Krystal, by herself, she's nothing really special.

Reminds me a lot of Junior.

Top Bottom