• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You know Basement Dweller/zombie, you're not really fooling anybody. You both always post with each other, and both of your accounts come from the same IP address. Why are you using two screen names?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Why do you say they are from the same IP address. So we are friends and have the same ideas for brawl we use different computers. I dont get on at his house and he doesnt get on at my house. We arnt trying to fool anybody. If we used the same computer how could we both be on at the same time.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I still don't see the point of Daisy in Brawl. Is she really that necessary? At least explain with some good explanations why she should be in over the stream of widely better choices. Ex: Sonic, Diddy, Ike, ect.

I entered to see if you guys could explain why Daisy should be in Brawl over characters like the ones I've just mentioned and I've yet to become impressed.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
zombie7775 said:
Because we are two different people.
*coughbull****cough*

I still don't see the point of Daisy in Brawl. Is she really that necessary? At least explain with some good explanations why she should be in over the stream of widely better choices. Ex: Sonic, Diddy, Ike, ect.

I entered to see if you guys could explain why Daisy should be in Brawl over characters like the ones I've just mentioned and I've yet to become impressed.
I don't want her in over better characters like Diddy and Ike she would be nice over some other characters though, I'm fine with the Daisy costume in melee but it would be nice to see more.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, given what Sakurai has said (they'll be revamping most if not all characters to utilize more advanced aerial combat), it's doubtful that Peach will stay the same.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I do, but he isn't over her right now I mean it's 12:00. Anyway its really none of your concern and before you say I'm on them both one is upstairsand one is downstars and further more if you must know I'm downstairs at the present so try again. What is with you people and your conspiracy theoris I have been accussed of being three people and I must say it would get crowded if I was anyway I barely can stand one of me. :laugh:

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I can barely stand one of you. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everyone is against us because we dont want what they think of.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
That's not nice. :cry: Anyway if she's allready in Melee as a costume and she has always looked the same except for the dressand hair as Peach thenwhy should she be considered a seperate entity. There's not much logic toit if you ask me she's Luigi's answer to Peach that is all.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Maybe they can change the hair for just that costume.

Sorry if that comment was too harsh Dweller. :(

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
zombie7775 said:
Maybe they can change the hair for just that costume.

Sorry if that comment was too harsh Dweller. :(
Too harsh ya right you have to have feelings to hurt them you know. :laugh: By the way sarcasm rules.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
See, that's the thing about Daisy. I don't get why so many people want her in when really, she already WAS in Melee. I have no problems if her costume also merits her voice (unless it consists of the dreaded "HI I'M DAISY!!!!1111", but as a fully fledged character? Toad's already on the fence on my ideal roster. That should give you an image as to where Daisy is.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Not that quote from Daisy that got annoying in lap one of the first race in Mario Kart. I dont mind the costume I really dont I just dont want to see her as a seperate character in brawl.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I like how people choose to ignore my question about how Daisy deserves a spot in Brawl. I can't say I support her if you don't give me a reason to.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Muffin_man said:
It's not sarcasm if you blatantly state it's sarcasm, you benighted moron.
I know it sounds better than saying being verbally ironic I don't need an English lesson from you thanks for you concern.
Sarcasm-The use of verbal irony in a way that is hurtful to others.
Just in case you want a definition I gave you one.
Sorry for spamming McFox I have to defend myself I suppose.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You know what, forget this. I'm out of here. This thread is becoming a spam fest. And to avoid spamming myself, no, I don't support Daisy as a character in Brawl.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
Arrgh!, what's with everyone saying "They should keep her a skin?" I'm finding this kinda hypocritical! Most people here seem to hate the clone characters in Melee despite all of them having differing stats that make different from the original characters, and in some cases, like Ganondorf and Falcon, they're REALLY different! Making Daisy merely a Peach skin w/ Daisy's voice is EVEN LAMER than a clone character, because they're EXACTLY like another character with NO differences whatsoever! I thought we all wanted uniqueness here!

And before anyone here claims she's too much like Peach to be able to differentiate from her much, I can assure you that with enough thought, she can end up with completely new moveset. Seriously, look at Luigi for example. In almost all games in the Mario series, Luigi essentially plays EXACTLY like Mario except he has green fireballs that float and he can jump a little higher. Look how friggin' different he plays from Mario in Melee! And that's without incororating anything from Luigi's Mansion in his moveset.

With Daisy, they can make her different in a number of ways. Firstly, Daisy isn't in SMB2, so she shouldn't be able to float or pull vegtables from the ground. Also, as far as I know, she doesn't have an umbrella, so take that away too. I don't think she has any Toad servants either, so take out the counter. From there, they can incororate what differences DO exist between them.

For instance, Peach seems to be more or less associated with hearts, whereas Daisy is associated with flowers. So, make some of her moves flora based. Make her have a (short ranged) fragrance shield around her that blows away people too close or something. Or make her have a counterattack which doesn't damage but puts a flower on your head to drain life like Lip's Stick. Or even make Pirahna Plant grow from the ground in front of her to bite opponents in the ***! These are just wierd examples I thought of just now, you don't have to take 'em seriously, but you get my drift, right?

Then, there's also the game she's orginally from. Make her use powerups from SML1, like the fireball that bounces off of all surfaces. I know Daisy doesn't exactly use these in the game, but neither does Zelda use Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Naryu's Love in OOT and she yet uses them in SSBM.

And then there's personality differences. Daisy's a tomboy, so she needs to be b!tchslapping people, and I mean HARD! Her A moves shouldn't be the lady-like slaps and kicks that Peach does, but rather her fighting like one of the guys and unafraid to get rough! That way, her moves would be different cosmetically, as well as trajectory, power, etc.

Finally, they could incorporate at least a couple of moves from the sports games. Make her throw a baseball or do that slide kick in Strikers. Admittedly though, I personally don't want her moveset to be completely from these games, and I say only 2-4 A moves and maybe one B move should surfice.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I think half the problem is that everybody hates her since she's been brought back for the Mario sports games, and if she hadn't been, most people wanting her in probably wouldn't even know who she was.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Everyone loved her on the 64 but on the gamecube nintendo made her different (suprise suprise) and changed her hair, skin and voice. Lu-Gi-Oh thankyou.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Lu-Gi:

1) I love the clones.
2) Of course she COULD be made different. The question isn't CAN it be done, but SHOULD it be done? Should all of the time that could be spent making a better character be wasted on such an obviously cloney character? I can't think of any reasons why.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say I loved her on the N64, but I was very surprised and happy at the time when she was revealed for Mario Tennis. Then her personality went waaaaaaay downhill, along with Peach's. Which is weird, because characters like Luigi and Wario actually got a hefty amount of personality, yet Peach became dumber and more ditzier and Daisy became a tomboy stereotype.

I won't scream bloody mary if she makes it in outside of a custume (It'll be better than say, Bowser Jr. or Petey), but I will be severely ticked off if her inclusion means that one of my Brawl must haves (Diddy, K. Rool, Flint, Little Mac, Starfy, Lip, Mach Rider, Samurai Goroh, Geno, Dedede and ROB) couldn't make it in.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
McFox said:
Of course she COULD be made different. The question isn't CAN it be done, but SHOULD it be done? Should all of the time that could be spent making a better character be wasted on such an obviously cloney character? I can't think of any reasons why.
one of the smartest comments i hav seen in this thread... i used to be for Daisy, but now u put it that way, save the space for another char! :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I made a really crap moveset here

STATS:
Strenght: 4.0
Speed: 3.4
Weight: 3.0
Jumping: 2.4
Size: 3.4
Range: 2.3
Falls a tad slower then Peach

MOVESET:
A - Smack - Daisy Smacks foe

AA - Double Smack - Daisy smacks foe twice

Foward Tilt - Kick - Daisy kicks foe

Up Tilt - Flying Kick - Daisy does a flying kick...

Down Tilt - Kick - Daisy gets on the ground and kicks low

Dash Attack - Roundhouse kick - self explanitory

SPECIAL MOVES
B - Bouncy Fireballs - From SUper Mario Land the fireballs in this game bounced off the walls and floors so would these ones, the colour would be orange.

B > - Power Bat - Daisy Pulls out a baseball and swings it around (Charagable) does a lot of damage when fully charged

B ^ - Sweet Smell - Daisy pulls out a rose and the smell forms a small cloud and floats her upwards.

B v - Smash Kick - Similar to Falcon Kick, Daisy Kicks downwards with great force.

AIR MOVES
neutral Air - Backhand - Daisy Backhands foe infront of her

Foward Air - Punch - Daisy Punches foe infront of her

Back Air - Kick - Daisy Kicks backwards

Down Air - Peep show - Daisy smashs down on foe with both feet to send them to the ground

Up Air - Flying Uppercut - Daisy punches her enemy upwards

SMASHES
Foward Smash - Florist's Pick - same as Peachs fsmash but with different flowers (Daisys, Roses, Daffofils)

Upward Smash - Mega Kick - Daisy raises her leg then slams it down

Down Smash - Low Kick - Daisy crouches down and kicks

GRABS & THROWS
Grab - Daisy grabs foe with one hand and attacks them by slapping them hard with the other hand and headbutts you

Foward Throw - Daisy grabs you, turns you around and kicks you in the behind

Down Throw - Daisy Headbutts you to the ground and then kick you

Up Throw - Daisy Throws you upwards but also accompanies it with a kick

OTHER
Taunt - Daisy winks and sniffs a rose

Costumes:
Normal - Red Hair, Yellow dress with orange flaps, green jewlery and White gloves
Blue - Brown Hair, Blue Dress with Purple flaps, Turquise Jewlery and Pale Blue Gloves
Green - Red Hair, Green Dress with Blue flaps, Yellow Jewlery and Pale Green Gloves
Pink - Red Hair, Pink Dress with Purple flaps, Rose Jewlery and Pale Pink Gloves

Kirby Hat - Daisy's Crown and gloves

Winning Pose 1 - Daisy says "Hi I'm Daisy"
Winning Pose 2 - Daisy Giggles and Blushes
Winning Pose 3 - Daisy does a peace sign and takes a picture.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Lu-Gi:

1) I love the clones.
2) Of course she COULD be made different. The question isn't CAN it be done, but SHOULD it be done? Should all of the time that could be spent making a better character be wasted on such an obviously cloney character? I can't think of any reasons why.

1. I do too, I'm was just pointing out what seemed like the general consensus on this board.
2. :( And I think, "Why not?" Especially considering she's one of the more well-known and reconizable Mario characters (I tend to think those are the kind of characters Nintendo generally goes for.)

Top Bottom