• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

xianfeng

Smash Hero
rock_in_reo said:
nice moveset xianfeng... just needs some work on some of the attacks like B-down.
goodwork for a quick moveset thou
I was struggling with the B v I had several different options, I think I will swap it to somthing more mario party-esque

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
They already had daisy in melee (peaches alternate costume), and if they did, she'd end up a clone probably.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Just because you have a wanted moveset doesn't mean that is going to make a difference in people's opinion and as McFox said early any character can be made different, but should they have their own moveset is the question. Daisy is a costume so they are very similar in Nintendo's eyes aswell and therefor will probably not be in Brawl and if she is she will be a costume again. Mario and Luigi are different at least enough not so that Luigi is not a Mario costume, but Doc Mario could be and in my opinion should be the minor edits they did in Melee could be made again i.e. the pills instead if the fire balls, yes I know there is more, but I don't want to list the all the mor suddle changes also Daisy has had a very minute rolein all the games she was in and I think it is fine to have her in as a costume, but having such a minor character as a seperate entity is just ridiculous at best, Nintendo will try to represent more popular games before they recognizethe incrediblyminute characters such as Daisy and if she isn't a minute charactershe would have her own game or be a bigger support character in one such as Falco. He doesn't have his own game, but he plays a decent role in the Starfox games and Luigi is a very popular support character who even got his own game Luigi's Mansion.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The Basement Dweller said:
Just because you have a wanted moveset doesn't mean that is going to make a difference in people's opinion and as McFox said early any character can be made different, but should they have their own moveset is the question. Daisy is a costume so they are very similar in Nintendo's eyes aswell and therefor will probably not be in Brawl and if she is she will be a costume again. Mario and Luigi are different at least enough not so that Luigi is not a Mario costume, but Doc Mario could be and in my opinion should be the minor edits they did in Melee could be made again i.e. the pills instead if the fire balls, yes I know there is more, but I don't want to list the all the mor suddle changes also Daisy has had a very minute rolein all the games she was in and I think it is fine to have her in as a costume, but having such a minor character as a seperate entity is just ridiculous at best, Nintendo will try to represent more popular games before they recognizethe incrediblyminute characters such as Daisy and if she isn't a minute charactershe would have her own game or be a bigger support character in one such as Falco. He doesn't have his own game, but he plays a decent role in the Starfox games and Luigi is a very popular support character who even got his own game Luigi's Mansion.
Daisy has played a larger part in the mario games than Waluigi, she has been in 15 games (admittedly most sport/party titles) at the time of melee Daisy and Peach weren't different enough to seperate because Daisy looked just like Peach but with tan skin and red hair then on the GC she got paler and cut her hair and changed her dress / jewlery, Games like Mario Smash Football and Mario Superstar Baseball further developed her personality and made her seperate enough from Peach, I'm not saying she deserves a spot in over some characters because she doesn't I know that, but if the develepors have time and want to add her in that would be great and if Waluigi is in then she will be in the next one for sure.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I will agree they changed her some to make her less like Peach and I know there are other characters you wont more then her but she needs to stay as the costume just so as to not take up more character space.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
That would be fine by me as long as it is just a costume for peach and not a character for Daisy.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, I don't see Daisy making it, or Waluigi for that matter, as there are so many Mario characters and Wario has already been confirmed.
If another character from the series is included it seems like Toad would be the obvious choice.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
But Toad is one of Peach's attacks that would be weird. Toad attacking himself because Peach blocked with Toad.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok...here is my opinion.Peach and Daisy are both different People. Peach is a the more calm happy person.(kinda like Mario) and Daisy is more of a tomboy who seems to love a challenge and fight(like in games like Mario strikers).They act different therefore they will have seperate fighting styles if she was to be in Brawl. I read some where in this thread about putting characters that are not known well,play a big role or just a waste of space.ok. Lets look at melee for a second. Not many People knew about the ice climbers. They really only made one game(if im not mistaken). Game and watch. Not many play or really knew where he came from.Pichu. There was someone who said if Daisy was in brawl she would be a clone of Peach.....( If I read correct.) Is pichu not a clone of Pikachu. I think they are just the same except that pichu is alittle light and hurts himself and is weak. I think
Daisy will not be a watse in Brawl. she is not like Peach.(execpt the fact that she is a princess). Mario and doc. the same expect one is faster and has more. Daisy would be a good Character for Brawl, reguardless of how big she stars in a game or her role in one or how known she is. Just look at game and watch and the iceclimbers. Also look at Marth and roy....not very known to some of the people who Play smash when it first came out. But look how good they are..(marth really....I hate him since I main Peach.lol). All this about how she does not play big roles, Too many mushroom kingdom character should not really matter. And if she has move like the way Xianfeng said she could have, she will be very differnt from Peach(if she is still in it that is) and a very good character. They both have different styles, Attitudes, hair and cloths....(well not that much difference in the cloths.) But they do look different when it comes to there face and voice. So I truely think as a Peach fan, that Daisy should be in brawl and would make a nice, cool, funny and great character in the game. And a great fighter. I would really love to see her in it and use her..I think it would be really fun

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
so im not the only one! daisy annoys heck out of me in double dash, too . i dont think they should put her in brawl, there are cooler characters out there who should get the nod over daisy but what do i know:)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
so im not the only one! daisy annoys heck out of me in double dash, too . i dont think they should put her in brawl, there are cooler characters out there who should get the nod over daisy but what do i know:)
I think a lot of people should be in over Daisy but she would be good too and Dark Pch. I salute you.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think a lot of people should be in over Daisy but she would be good too and Dark Pch. I salute you.
Heh heh heh.thanks dude. I agree with your theroy. Peach is my favorite nintendo character in the game. My second is Daisy. She would make a great addition to the game. I think it would be fun to have her in it.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
But Toad is one of Peach's attacks that would be weird. Toad attacking himself because Peach blocked with Toad.
She could just pull out Toadsworth, but that's for the Toad topic. I still don't support Daisy, but I do not support her less than Waluigi.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
As much as I would really like to see Daisy kick Peach's a**, I'm gonna have to say no. Maybe in another Mario game.
Wow.People dont really like dasiy in the game. I dont know why nether..but oh well..People do have opinions. so i cant say anything about. I think it would be nice...........oh well.....:ohwell:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Because that comment pisses people off, and it tends to make people think she's an annoying character(which she is), so they end up not liking her, now do you understand?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Because that comment pisses people off, and it tends to make people think she's an annoying character(which she is), so they end up not liking her, now do you understand?
hold on....i just read your comment.you ment.........Hi im Dasiy. you should have seperated the words thats why I got confused with your comment. I get what you mean now. Yea.that is kinda annoying. but that is just one game.( I think anyway)........is that the only game that she said it in?....and if so, I dont think that is a good reason to hate a character

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Daisy's not annoying I just think she wouldn't have much to offer other than being a Peach clone.

P.S. IMO I think that Peach is way more annoying than Daisy.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
They're both annoying, it's just one has a very big chance to be in Brawl and one doesn't.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have nothing against you guys......( fell like im getting jumped here...lol.). But I just want to know.......is the reason you find them annyoing is because the way they are cocky?.like:

Peach: ooooooooohhhhhhh did I win?

"this is fun"

the way she is so happy when she attacks (like Mario)

Daisy: Hi im Dasy!

how most of the things she says, she has to include her name

she thinks she is so tuff and cocky at times....(in my opinon)

Is all this the reason you dont want dasiy in brawl or thing Daisy and Peach are annoying?
Because to me, this is not a good reason to keep Dasiy out. Or to hate a character for that matter. Once again I have nothing against you all...I just really want to understand why. Sry if im being a pain about this but.I really like Dasiy and I think she would be good in this game. But if you all say no then theres nothing I can do about it.....:ohwell:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
You want good reasons why she should be out?
Not very popular
Better choices for Mario characters
She was only brought back to be a partner to Peach(which is not a reason for her to be in, if it were, we'd have Birdo in to)
She isn't an imprtant character
She is exactly like Peach, don't give me crap about how she has a different personality, they have the same height, build, weight etc
Her only non-spinoff role was a small role in Super Mario Land
She's already an alternate costume, that's likely the most she will be
There, reasons she shouldn't be in.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You want good reasons why she should be out?
Not very popular
Better choices for Mario characters
She was only brought back to be a partner to Peach(which is not a reason for her to be in, if it were, we'd have Birdo in to)
She isn't an imprtant character
She is exactly like Peach, don't give me crap about how she has a different personality, they have the same height, build, weight etc
Her only non-spinoff role was a small role in Super Mario Land
She's already an alternate costume, that's likely the most she will be
There, reasons she shouldn't be in.
Ok you...there is not need to get smart with the dont give me crap statement. I just asked a question ok?...and to me they do have different quotes. If you dont think she has to be in it then that is fine..but dont come out your mouth with been rude. I already said i have nothing against you. We are just having a disccusion here.....no need for the attitude. We have our own opinon..and I just ask for yours.that is it. No need to get nasty

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Sorry if it looked like I was getting flame happy, I didn't mean that, I don't have anything agains you either, but you said to give reasons, so I gave them.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sorry if it looked like I was getting flame happy, I didn't mean that, I don't have anything agains you either, but you said to give reasons, so I gave them.
Oh.ok.its just the way you said that "crap" It just seemed to me like you were lashing out at me..its cool then..but here is my point. Look at game and watch, Ice climbers,Marth and Roy. If Im not mistaken.they were not really known or very important themselfs:

Iceclimbers: I think they only stared in one game. I never even heard of them until melee came out. and so did alot of people.

Mr. Game and watch: was he really needed in the game?.not many people use him and they think he is wierd. They dont even know about the game and watch which was very popular in the 1980's...but some still play with him and think he is fun.

Marth and Roy: what game were they in again? There are alot of Fire Emblems out there for nintendo. Not much known to people but look at how good Marth is and roy....The best smasher in the world uses Marth.

My point is that no matter what background they have or how many games they are in or how big an important a character is in a game, They can still be could enough to be in a game and do well too. Like Daisy. Yes I know you all say that she should not be in brawl.....I get that. Im just trying to make a point about not to put a character in brawl because of these reason. no matter what the case is....the character can still work.all depends in what you do with them.

Top Bottom