• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Infil

Smash Journeyman
By Street Fighter, do you guys mean 3rd Strike? That's a game I play fairly well. It'd be cool to have some matches sometime.

kithkin

Smash Champion
i throw a mighty fakie hadouken.

guilty gear is better. i own ya'll there.

and i dont think i ever confirmed for the next bi-weeklie, i coudlve sworn i did though... but i am now then.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a lot of high-level GGXX play, but I'm personally no good at it. One of my better friends from university is really pro at it, though. You should give him a shot, kithkin. :)

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha mind if its the DS version? i'm 1. best at that 2. never played any others.

either way, i'll take him on if i get the chance.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, the DS version is a much different game. It's a lot more like Smash Bros than it is any of the other "true" GG games. I don't think he's played the DS version. Ah well.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hah, dont worry i have a natural talent, not to mention i know the arcade/other ones, just the only guilty gear ones i've played are the DS one. but i still know it, and would gladly accept the challenge.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I can't even think of a pure fighting game for the NES... let alone one Nintendo would have the rights to.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
MK I was also on SNES.

I need to make another Calgary visit. Sometime early April perhaps... I need to meet all these new people!

I can't wait to see most of you in Red Deer :lick:

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
It seems I'm getting a ride with Stu now, so a quick pick-up from the bus station won't be necessary =-D

Thank you for offering though, it's really kind of you.

kithkin

Smash Champion
definately come again sid. its awesome playing you.

and i know for a fact there was a fighting game for snes, pure fighting, if i'm forced to i can try to remember what it was, but honestly. i'm not gonna right now.

too busy watching anime.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Lots for the SNES. MK1, MK2, MK3, various forms of Street Fighter, Killer Instinct just to name a few. If you meant NES, then I can't think of one.

I'll try to remember to bring my PS2 to the next gathering I attend, to see if anyone wants to mess around with 3rd Strike or Guitar Hero or whatever.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
OMFG I LOVE 3rd Strike! <3 I go to the arcade every Thursday to play 3S.

All this talk about old fighting games is really making me want to play Killer Instinct Gold >_>

And I'm glad I'm welcomed in cowtown... You guys are awesome!

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha randall proved me right.

also, down with PS2, if you bring that you wont like the condition you're leaving with it in.

not to mention, if you turn on guitar hero in my presence, you will surely regret it.

whats that? cowbell hero? totally.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Was that even released in the states, Randall?

And Sid, if you ever need a place to stay while in Calgary, you're always welcome here. It was awesome host'n 'ya last time.

As for playing some 3rd Strike, I'll give it a shot... but the last 2D fighter I played alot of was Street Fighter II for the SNES. No, not any of that new-fangled Turbo-Supreme-Ultra-Deluxe-Hyper-Ultra-Fighting versions... Just plain ol' SFII. Took me FOREVER to learn how to do a Shoryuken.. >.< But I can now! Honest! I was pretty young back then...

I hear Chun-Li might be an appropriate character for me! ;)

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, oh and chad, i think i started this part with the animal crossing Nes reference, in which case you could get japanese games.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
Hey there are still tournaments happening right? me and my friend would like to participate were just not sure where exactly the location is. were probably going to take a train. we live in the south east area and wouldn't mind coming down to the NW to play some smash

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Chun-Li is really high tier, and relies on just a few overpowered moves (and a ridiculously easy to use and strong super) to frustrate players to death. An excellent camping character, and near impossible to get out of the corner without eating a super or 5 kara throws.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
A few overpowered moves, easy to use, a camper and frustrating to fight?

Oh yah! Now THAT'S my kinda character!
(that list sounds oddly familiar... although Peach has ALOT of overpowered moves ;))

And mach5... I'll give you the same directions I gave Nitro on page3 of this obese thread:

---

I would take the train downtown at center street, then jump onto a north-bound route#2 bus. Get off on stop #4872 at Hunterview Dr and Hunterburn Hl. From there, it's a short walk to Randall's place. Hope to see 'ya there!

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Hey there are still tournaments happening right? me and my friend would like to participate were just not sure where exactly the location is. were probably going to take a train. we live in the south east area and wouldn't mind coming down to the NW to play some smash
Hey. Yeah, the next one is the 11th. I myself am down in the SE as well,

kithkin

Smash Champion
which reminds me, guys if you say you want to come, make sure you actually confirm if you are coming or not (since there can be space issues sometimes) and how many there are.

with alius's perferably, that way its easier for randall.

and whats this? two new guys and freinds? so is there 3+ new guys coming to the next one?

sudden burst of people engage!

also, chad, i'll fakie haouken you to death.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I take the #3, oh well.

By the way, c'mon South smashers, I'm the only one above 0.500 win %, while the North has 3.

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
Hey Calgary Smashers! Busy on the 23rd?

I'm hosting U of L's second SSBM tournament that Friday, and it'd be cool if some of you could make it out. My thread is over here, and our website is here. This time around we're doing both a singles and a doubles division, so hopefully we'll beat our previous record of 54 attendees.

I realize it's a bit of a trip just to play a video game, but if some of you guys would be willing to come down I can put you up for the night so you don't have to drive home right away. I can take three comfortably, more if you're willing to bring sleeping bags. Any questions, just ask me, or contact me via MSN at lee_wanderer@hotmail.com.

Bizzareo

Smash Rookie
this is me confirming i will be there :D ! unless you want me too call?
Should be me Ermine and one other guy. But definitely me. anything we should bring other than our own controller? feel free too add me to msn peter_249@hotmail.com

Ermine

Smash Ace
k Bizz just tell me what time on sunday and you can come pick me up... XD I can't wait to meet you all...

And just for the record I really do hope I find someone who can beat me more than 50% of the time otherwise I won't be getting better...

And I want to get better X_X...

Zero69

Smash Rookie
Yo,

My friend Pat and I will be joining y'all on the 11th. We're kinda tired of playing our current friends who well...aren't the best. So see ya then, smash on,

Steve/Zero/Sheik I suppose

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Wow, lots of people coming to the next one.

As for Friday, it turns out I'm going to be going to a seminar up north (at the University) at around 12 noon, and it will last about an hour. So, I'll be up north in the afternoon. Is someone planning to host a Smash event? I can probably attend as long as they don't start really late. Maybe I'll be able to play someone I haven't played before.

Anyway, anyone want to host on Friday?

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha quite the question you are asking.

if you wait it may happen though.

also, john, wait we're all below .5% win? ouch.

and hrmm. how many is it now? more than seven new guys at the next one?

huh. i swear its a conspiracy, they all waited till now. hoping we'd be tired from red deer.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, a bunch of you are close to the .5 win %, good thing the South is beating the North in that category. =)

It is indeed weird that a lot of new people are coming to this one haha.

and hrmm. how many is it now? more than seven new guys at the next one?
If I added correctly, if everyone were to show up to this next one we'd have 24 people...

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
We have 11 confirmed, 12 if I get a name for the third person coming as a part of Bizz & Koda's party. 14 if mach5 and his presently nameless friend come along too. I mean, you gotta at least have a name of some sort in order to be confirmed. :) But yes, that's 7 new people in one go.

This means I'm really gonna have to push to get the proimpact.ca up and running so we can get all the names sorted out and everyone can have a nifty little smasher profile. It will definitely help to sort out who's who, who lives where and who plays who and whose alias is what and who's on third, etc.

Top Bottom