• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
no, I dont knows on third.

whos on first.

also, Guys, i'm having levi over today, and if anyone wants to join for basically after 6 to later they may be able to.

If you'd like to come please phone me or message here, because i have to check each person with my parents sadly. (my phone numbers 236-2274 for those who dont know)

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I'm leaving the university today around 5, which means I'll get to my car at the train station sometime aroudn 5:45 or so. Where do you live kith? I may stop by for an hour or two on my way home.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I've missed out on the last 2 bi-weeklies, so I'm looking towards this next one even more now with these new people.

Watched the highlight reel again, and I must say to you Chad, that you've gotten a lot better since the last time we've played. I'm pretty sure you could beat me in a Peach ditto now hehe. At this next bi-weekly, I demand friendlies vs you. :p

Zero69

Smash Rookie
24 people? That's maddening! I was expecting like 10-12 hardcore smash bro players! Im pumped, any of you go to MRC or U of C?

Steve/Zero/Sheik

Ermine

Smash Ace
Alrighty this is gonna be great XD I better go practice... on my 10 year old sister ='(

Though she is getting pretty good now due to all the losses I am handing her X_X...

Also the other guy I think comming with me and Bizz is Leslie and hes probably the second best in our group... Me being the best followed by Leslie and then Bizz but recently Bizz has been beating Leslie most of the time so I dunno XD... I win against both of them about 80+%of the time... Anyways I can't wait XD

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
24 people? That's maddening! I was expecting like 10-12 hardcore smash bro players! Im pumped, any of you go to MRC or U of C?

Steve/Zero/Sheik
That's only if everyone, and I mean everyone (including people who can't even come due to timing) were to come.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
WOOT PARTY! 24 PPL SMASH PARTAY! Y'all have fun now.
Someone send me a "Wish you were here" postcard.... :(

Wait, John, how did you get 24? When I add confirmed + unconfirmed i get 22

Anyway, welcome and good luck to all you new smashers.

@Randall this proimpact.ca thing sounds very interesting. Is it going to be like a SmashWiki but focused on the Calgary scene? BTW, are we going to see footage of Friday, Feb. 23? You know the one with the killer klaptrap.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
<_<
>_>

I added you too <____<;;

So I did miscount 1 person hehe :p

Edit: No wait! Neil! Mwahaha! There's 24 people
<.<;

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
It should be noted that that is only the shell of proimpact.ca and it will be all ported to the proper domain relatively soon I hope.

As to the killer klaptrap footage, yes we will see that in video form, I've just had a lot on my plate with the proimpact.ca work so it'll have to be set aside for the moment.

Myth

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wanted to drop a reply to let you guys know I'll be coming around with Zero69 on sunday. He already listed me coming as a "friend" so no need to add one more, just confirming that i'll be there :)

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, ptricky is mean green fox fighting machine.
Oh whats this? If he wants that title he'd have to take it from me. And even if he did I still wouldnt change my name :laugh:

@Randall - Thats a very nice site you got there. Should I register now or wait until the proimpact.ca domain is up?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Brad, don't worry about it, I wasn't going to be able to make it today after all. Some other day.

No Limitz

Smash Cadet
Is it too late for me to confirm and go?
Smash has become really boring for me, i've been trying out other fighters recently.
But that doesn't mean i've given up on melee yet.
And i'm the 3rd friend of Pine Thompson and Bizzareo

kithkin

Smash Champion
as long as there is room i dont think its ever too late.

i'm pretty sure theres room.

but i wanna ask, are you another new guy? or you a friend of anyone here?

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
This one is sure going to be crowded.

And... with all these new people, I wonder if I still have the best BtT time in Calgary
Anyone beat 3:38.46 ? :p

Edit: Randall, why ain't I on the confirmed :dizzy:

Oh, and I confirmed myself way back at the previous bi-weekly silly :p
That was for this one, as I couldn't make the previous one. So, I confirmed during the previous one for this one ehehe

DEAN

Smash Rookie
Sorry I can't make it to this one, dudes. Looks like it'll be a fun time.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha total of 3 and a half minutes? i could beat that... with one character...

also, Dean, this could be good, or could be overflow of 07', but by the looks of it, these guys arnt noobs, and i'm really hoping they arnt. with the whole crowding suddenly and all. (no offense if any is found guys. merely stating i hope you dont suck, cause i havnt judged yet)

and wait. randall, does the site update the confirmed and unconfirmed list for the bi-weeklies?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Edit: Randall, why ain't I on the confirmed :dizzy:
I can only keep track of posts that occur after the bi-weekly post itself, so that's why I missed ya. Should be fixed now, which effectively tops out the player cap and pushes it to 17. We are, of course, going to run it anyway and if there's any more last minute confirmations, you're still welcome.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha good ol' randall. still pulls through.

and does this mean we want moar gamecubes and tvs? cause if so i can bring a cube.

edit: also quick question since i'm not smart. Who's Meh?

and chris confirmed? havnt seen him in a while.

kithkin

Smash Champion
what is this Levi?

why not? (and wait so just me and alex for rides then.. kay)

edit: transit has a site.

edit2: that was rude, but very true.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I offer a step-by-step comprehensive transit route to all those who want to attend, it is completely fair for anyone to ask. It's not always simple and trustworthy to use websites and maps online anyhow. I'll PM that to you now, No Limitz.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha yeah the transit site sucks.

and yeah it came out rude, but it was meant to say, if all else fails use the site. (cause i do know like half the people here know it by memory)

edit: *becomes absent for 1000 get* watching movie.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't typically attend the bi-weeklies. Sunday is a bad day for me in general (especially in the early afternoon), plus it already sounds like there are too many people attending this one, so adding one more probably won't be a great idea.

I'd like to play that one guy in 3S, too, but that'll have to wait for another time, I guess. No Limitz, do you have tournament knowledge of 3S (counter-character matchups, tiers, best supers, etc), or do you just play for fun?

I'm trying to get some people together (3 or 4 tops for manageability) for some Smash and other games, but it hasn't worked out yet. I have no idea what this Red Deer tournament is (or when it is), so this will probably have to wait until more people are free. Maybe sometime next week. MWF are good days for me, but I understand some people have school or work to deal with. It also helps if you can drive, or have a way to get around town yourself; I live out of the range of transit. Though, I could pick some people up in a group from some place in town if it came to that.

kithkin

Smash Champion
i didnt miss it lawls. but i will cause i wanna sleep for red deer. for once.

also, ricky, i want to be one of those people, aside from the fact that i probably pale in comparison to the likes of you at them. expecsially since i dont think i've ever playyed 3S

still want to though. maybe friday of next week cause i have half days.

we'll work it out if I can come.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
ehh i fail @ breakthetargets. but im pretty decent at hrc. I think i did pretty good with bat drops. 7.9k with ganon. not the best like the 12k feet. HRC total 55759.0 Ft. Pretty good i guess... for my standards

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
3.5 min in BtT? That's impressive.
I had 63k in HRC, which I thought was pretty good back when I played it in 2003.

Aha! 1000th post! :p

Top Bottom