• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
**** thats crappy, oh well, don't worry about it randall, take all the time you need. A fryed computer is a fryed computer.

when its back, it will be better than ever.

and random smashing always works. levi, despite not being able to hold that many people, its still good for random smashing of at least 4 people

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
I just want take the opportunity to say thanks to Randall and the Pro Impact Players (PImPs). The Calgary smash scene was nonexistent before they stepped up to the plate and created the Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES. Many of us, including myself, were nurtured from the very start by the community they created, a community which I hope can now stand on its own two feet. The PImPs upheld a high degree of professionalism as suggested by their name, whether it was in smoothness of running the bi-weeklies, for which we were all very fortunate to have, or the sportsmanship and positive attitude that they carried about.

I also want to give a special thanks Randall, and man known not only for his slightly obsessive attention to detail and the cloud in Yoshi's Story sharing the same name, but also for an altruistic act that got him on television and his own method for drying oneself. (Don't believe me? Check out his bio.) With tireless enthusiasm he spearheaded many projects that benefited the smash community, such as the Pro Impact Highlight Reels, ProImpact.ca, and the CCSC.

Now this is starting to sound like a eulogy, so I will end on a different note. The PImPs are not gone! I know this because the "Stop" button is grayed out and therefore is not an option. I also know that with all the great people in the community, it is impossible to stay away from them indefinitely. So Randall, I hope that your personal issues get resolved. As for the financial ones, I promise I will try my best at the upcoming tournament I'm attending. (I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery. But seriously, I do have a few bucks to spare.) This really is a well deserved sabbatical and I am looking forward to seeing the PImPs back in full force this summer.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
It has been brought to my attention that a Smasher from Califorina will be in Calgary for nearly a week visting a friend.
His name is Nester and was wondering if someone in the Calgary Smash community would be able to host him.
Message me if you might be interested and I'll foward his contact information.
Thank you for your time.

Nes

Smash Lord
Yep yep thats me im also bringing a friend with my Ganon player if people can't host us its fine but info on cheap hotels or motel will be find thank you very much im looking foward to playing you guys. I'll be coming down after graduation some it'll be a week after so around late June and thank you. Socal loves Calgary.:)

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Sorry for not comming DUDES i was way to hung over at bkb's to go any where.

BKB

Smash Cadet
cancelled??

Now I'll never make the higlight reel. :(

Infil, you busy this sunday? I need to get beasted on again.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about it guys. it may be cancelled now but levi is looking for a place hopefully its cheap enough that we can use some of the money from the entry fee to rent. levi will have that figured out and we'll have our temp biweeklies till randal is back in buisness

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'll dig up some useful hotel info over the weekend here if someone else doesn't beat me to it. As residents of Calgary, our knowledge of lodging costs is actually less than that of most tourists who come visit. :) When exactly is your graduation and how are you getting here? We'll certainly host a tournament while you're in town!

Nes

Smash Lord
I see Calgary has some love for Cali smasher.:) I gruaduate on the 21st of June so ill be coming down on the 25th and staying in for a week and im going there by plane.It would be awesome if someone can house me and my friend for like 3 days and then I can just rent a motel for the other rest of the days.

kithkin

Smash Champion
*speculation alert* wasnt victra considering a red deer tournament around then?

Yeah and sorry my house isn't mine, and my parents simply arn't a unknown guest type of people.

but yeah lodging info, one sec.

edit: I was gonna do more, but I actually have a lot to do, and places to go, and my friends birthday (party) is today. so no time.

BUT! http://www.discovercalgary.com/Calgary/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels/

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
No problem Randall, take as much time off as you need. Random smash meetings will suit me fine.

Also, I have one thing to say...

...Please not Saturday. If it is, I'll try to get the schedule reworked, but if it is changed to a Saturday then I won't be able to make it for a little while. Hopefully I can get more weekday shifts (Wednesday), instead of Saturday.

Anyway, hopefully everything works out.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
BKB, sorry, was busy this weekend. Though, odds are I'll be free sometime during the week, and possibly next weekend if you wanted to play. Just MSN me or something if you have a day in mind.

EDIT - Oh, if the timing is right, I'll try to convince my brother to come too so you can play different play styles and/or see some good matches (and learn a little Falco).

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Just wanted to say that Edmonton has been having "Smash Sunday" for about 2 years now and that I don't think it's all that uncommon for Smash scenes to have events on a Sunday.

Also, ANYONE in Calgary who is coming to my tourney please post in the Tournament Topic to confirm your position in pools.

I look forward to seeing most or all of you May 5th!

Nes

Smash Lord
Can anyone house 2 smasher from Cali for 3 days please... im staying in Calgary for a week but since Motels are pretty high i was thinking getting house for 3 days and 3 nights in the motel so the bill of the motel wont be that high. Please if you can PM I really do wanna play some Calgary smashers. Im pretty sure you guys want to play some Socal peeps. The date would be around the 2th of June I know its a long time but i just wanna be prepare

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'll talk to the other Pro Impact Players and maybe you could stay a few days with us. I'm not sure what's going on around that time, but it probably won't be a problem. I tossed ya on my MSN list so I'll get back to you with details as soon as I know them. :)

BKB

Smash Cadet
Is it just me, or does ganon's specials... err.. B-moves, suck?

I bet it's just me. :(

I'm watching vids, and I don't see other people use them much at all either. Except purple foot in the air to spike and to reset your aerial jump..... and Up+B to get hit out of, on your way back to the stage after getting knocked off. *grumble*

Any Calgary ganon players out there I can leech off of? :D

mach5

Smash Journeyman
you can try leaching off of levi or riley, their ganons are quite alright. i wouldn't know for sure though i haven't played them when they were ganon

kithkin

Smash Champion
what are you talking about? ganon's b moves own, just have to use them right.

but lots of people have good ganon's.

like mines even alright.

Rileyzor

Smash Cadet
Actually, Ganondorf's down b is an excellent kill move on the ground, and if you want to surprise them with something ********, finish a combo with up b =P and i dont know about side b, i use it, but maybe im just weird. The warlock punch is just rediculessly hard to use, I recommend against it.

kithkin

Smash Champion
AUGH!!

also, yeah his Side B is alright for catching people off gaurd, or combos, its pretty much a slightly slower but more powerful falcons.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
My ganon tip is don't listen to Brad, but all of his B moves DO serve a purpose. Down B spike isn't that good, and if you miss you're likely to get edgehogged. Reverse U-air psuedo spike is good for edgeguarding, and so is down-angled forward tilts, down B from the flat part of the stage is situational too.

Who feels like getting something together this upcoming weekend? Who's not busy on what day? Is there any place better than mine?

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Smash @ Levi's sounds good to me!!

Edit: On a sidenote, I went to Neil's today and got my *** handed to me by his fox despite him not playing smash in a long time... :(

kithkin

Smash Champion
Oh yeah? well I went to edmonton!

hah, yeah I got my *** handed to me too, still finished best in calgary though just because I beat stu, and levi eliminated mich.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact Invitational - May 12, 2007

Pro Impact Invitational
SATURDAY - MAY 12th, 2007

We will be hosting a small smashfesht this coming Saturday for those tournament participants who are available to attend. Maybe we'll draw up a little tournament bracket, but I'm thinking it might just be three TV's worth of friendlies for a good evening of post-CT3 wind down and practice.

And as per usual:

Date: Saturday, May 12th, 2007

Time:
6:30 PM (ish)

When I say "small", I kinda mean just for the regulars. I wouldn't want more than about 8 or 9 players for this event, but the idea is just to tide us over until I can get the proper bi-weeklies going again. The event will run as long as folks are available to stay pretty much so it's up to your rides and other transportation to determine when y'all wanna leave.

I'm pretty much going to see how many people want to come and if there's too many I'm going to be forced to indiscriminately eliminate people from the pool at will like a savage totalitarian tyrant terrorizing your very freedom.

Yeah.

Discuss!

CONFIRMED
  • RJM - (Randall)
  • MICH - (Mitch)
  • M - (Allan)
  • xlonesoulx - (David)
  • Valdemar - (Dean)
  • BackItch - (Chad)
UNCONFIRMED
  • =] - (Levi)
  • Kithkin - (Brad)
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex)
  • xpiritflare - (John)
  • PKT - (Preston)
  • DJT - (Jeremy)
  • Fox Machine - (Gary)
  • Koda - (Kevin)
  • Bizzareo - (Peter)
  • Pawl - (Paul)
  • No Limitz - (Leslie)
  • Neat - (Riley)
  • BlueBlueGlassMoon - (Jesse)
  • pibbers - (Alex)
  • Seyasha - (Antonie)
  • Buddyvishnu - (David)
  • Myth - (Steve)
  • Zero - (Pat)
  • JIN - (Chris)
  • Hehe - (Long)
  • Richard - (Richard)
  • Infil - (Ricky)

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Hey guys school is over! Well for me anyways. Unfortunately my brother and I are busy this saturday, and Gary is in China until June 10th I think. But nowadays I have a lot of free time so if anyone is gonna be in the northwest (near country hills) just e-mail me (jeremy.tran@gmail.com) or call me (274-4235 ask for Jeremy) if you want to smash. I can't wait tilll the bi-weeklies are back, but until then I hope all goes well for you Randall, and thanks for hosting these things. Hope to smash with you guys soon.
Jeremy

BKB

Smash Cadet
Any vids from edmonton??

I'll be hosting Saturday Street Fighter day at my place again this week, to get ready for the tourney in Edmonton. Butd we've been having a TV for smash at these things.... so if anyone wants to drop by (or is booted out of Randal's shindig ;)) just drop me a line and I'll hook you up. There's usually free beer and pizza/etc. We're near Lyon's Park/SAIT.

You should come Infil, and bring little-infil again. I need to get pwned by fox. That little bugger is too fast!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Randall I wanna come! not confirmed yet though. Might be hanging with Liz' then, not sure, i'll get back to you.

Glad to know its still lively though.

Top Bottom