• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Well I mean... I could, but if I stay for around 5-6 hours (which would seem to be a good amount), that'd mean I leave around midnight... I honestly don't like taking the transit that late, 2 buses and ctrain, being downtown at a late hour is pretty scary

Nes

Smash Lord
Hey Randall I wont need the housing anymore thanks though. ^^ I will try my best to attend it, though chances are slim. So yeah I will try my best to come. I'm looking foward to playing you guys, as well for you guys looking foward to playing a Socal smasher. ^^; oh yeah my friend that was coming with me can't make it anymore. He was too lazy to renew his passport haha. >_<

kithkin

Smash Champion
O shi- I wasnt thinking about that.

edit: oh by the way levi, I wont know if I can come till last minute and its a very low chance of me being able to, so make plans on getting there without me.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
k im coming. count me and, and since it doesn't look like alot of people are going to come is it okay if i bring my friend david? his tag will be XLSX, and maybe ill bring paul too

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Well I mean... I could, but if I stay for around 5-6 hours (which would seem to be a good amount), that'd mean I leave around midnight... I honestly don't like taking the transit that late, 2 buses and ctrain, being downtown at a late hour is pretty scary
I'm going to be driving my brother home anyway, so I can give you a ride this time, if you like.

k im coming. count me and, and since it doesn't look like alot of people are going to come is it okay if i bring my friend david? his tag will be XLSX, and maybe ill bring paul too
Sure, works for me.

And for the record, it doesn't matter to me so much what tag that new people are using in-game. I'm more concerned with the full alias under which they would like to be represented (as in "xpiritflare" vs. "FLAR" or "Kithkin" over "KITH"). Of course, if he happens to want XLSX, that's fine as well (as in "RJM" vs. "RJM" or "=]" and "=]"). :)

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lonely... I am so lonely... I have no buddy... to call me own Oooo.

edit: due to my comp being crappy I didnt know I posted this.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lonely, I am so lonely, I have no buddy, to call my own, Oooo (that better?)

I'm still unconfirmed but possible. just need to work out ride issues with my dad cause not sure how it'll work.

edit: **** half double post

mach5

Smash Journeyman
paul asked me to ask you if it was okay if he brought his little brother. is that alright? i dont think hes going to play though he just wants to watch.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm meeting some people at Dalhousie at 7:45, so I won't have much time to Smash... but I'm coming over anyways.

Last-minute confirmation!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Blech no ride abilities for me, so I guess i'm not.

and hm, the way I looked at the song it always sounded better as no buddy. I dunno just sounds better that way to me, well did, not any more.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah but he was sure to brag about apparently "owning" john. but he at least admitted that is was even, and that he considered it owning.

edit: he also prevented me from showing too.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Brad you noob, you were with Liz. By preventing you from showing, do you mean saturday? I posted in the thread saying I wasn't going.

I said I was owning, and was almost even with John, I won A LOT more matches than usual against John, not too long ago I had zero wins against him, It's not like everyone else in the world is drephen.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XV

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XV

We will be hosting our fifteenth bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, June 3rd, 2007.
"So, jumping with Y totally owns jumping with X.

A poorly veiled effort at returning the topic to Smash, but Smash needs to be talked about. It's awesome."
Gravity, The Official Oklahoma Thread, 2007
For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Sunday, June 3rd, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 403-869-3971

We hope to have everyone here for about 1:00 in the afternoon which should give us enough of a morning to prepare for the arrivals. As it is in my nature to be a hospitable host, I will do my best to ensure that no smasher goes dehydrated, however thanks to continued contributions to the Pro Impact Treasury, most of the gratitude for the refreshments is owed back to the players. Additionally, we typically have a variety of deliciously hedonistic snack foods available for all those who attend, too!

Now that I've sold you on the free food, I'd best explain the rest. The $5.00 entry fee you pay to enter the tournament grants you both passage into our house for a day as well as a position in the double elimination bracket for SSBM Singles; the Doubles tournament is free and tends to be less competitive anyway. The winner of the Singles tournament takes home half the pot comprised of all the entry fees and the other half goes towards the aforementioned Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat.

The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether or not you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around as well, just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home. So, if you would like to attend, please post here!

There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space. The player cap can stretch a little bit in either direction to best accomodate each tournament if necessary.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  • RJM - (Randall)
  • BlueBlueGlassMoon - (Jesse)
  • pibbers - (Alex)
  • M - (Allan)
UNCONFIRMED
  • =] - (Levi)
  • BackItch - (Chad)
  • Kithkin - (Brad)
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex)
  • Pawl - (Paul)
  • xlonesoulx - (David)
  • Valdemar - (Dean)
  • xpiritflare - (John)
  • JIN - (Chris)
  • MICH - (Mitch)
  • Neat - (Riley)
  • Koda - (Kevin)
  • DJT - (Jeremy)
  • PKT - (Preston)
  • No Limitz - (Leslie)
ROSTER
=] | BackItch | Bizzareo | BlueBlueGlassMoon | BlueInfusion | Buddyvishnu | DJT | Fox Machine | Hehe | I T I | Infil | JIN | Jonny Blaze | Kithkin | Koda | M | MICH | Myth | Nitrocidal | No Limitz | pibbers | PKT | Richard | RJM | Seyasha | xlonesoulx | xpiritflare | Zero

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Still alive'd!

I'll be going to Brazil for a week or so at the end of May (one of the perks of being a grad student), so I'll actually post to say I won't be making this one. I'm getting pretty Melee'd out, though. I hope the Brawl news that's due out on Monday ends up being sweet.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
So the Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash returns! And it looks like you've really got vBulletin code down to an art, Randall ;)
Unless my flight is moved up a week or so, I won't be making it to this one. But if all goes as planned, I shall be attending Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XVI :)

Please don't quit melee Infil, I have yet to play you!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Ricky, you have yet to show to a bi-weeklie... LOL

oooh the fox amchine returns for XVI that'll be fun, I wanna play you again gary.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
I want to play everyone again, and some for the first time :) Brad and Levi you guys improved a lot, or so i've heard. Though I guess John still is the one to beat.

Levi, I've played most of the BC guys, but none very frequently. Ones that I've had more than a couple matches with: Frank(Spite), Troy(dark_dragon), Andrew(supsup), John(the BC one), Manuel, and Adam.

kithkin

Smash Champion
you ever beat any of them?

and heh, I dont think levi improved his skill at all, he just can predict how people play now.

that and learned how to be incredibly flashy, which transfers into mindgames, which transfers into skill... so yeah hes improved.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I still whoop you ken!
I'm not really flashy, I dunno what Brad's talking about.

Gary, I only got to play Adam at CT3. John's too awesome, and Manuel was playing cards the whole time. =[

Top Bottom