• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
is there anybody working on the vertex hacking method to do the model? or that idea was discarded?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
MarioKart64n made a beautiful Mewtwo.
I dunno where he is now...but you can always try headhunting at KittyCorp boards.
-DD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, I'm envious of the Mewtwo. You've also got more dedicated contributors in your project than I. *Jealous*

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
im new to the whole hacking thing so can someone give me a step by step to get fighter geno in pl0x

I already have all the stuff downloaded i just need help getting the geno on the sd card properly

Yeah, I'm envious of the Mewtwo. You've also got more dedicated contributors in your project than I. *Jealous*
I'm almost positive that once the Mewtwo project comes to a close (save for the occasional PSA tweak) and we get a REAL Roy vertex morph, everybody is gonna piledrive this thread. Geno is next on the list for sure.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
im new to the whole hacking thing so can someone give me a step by step to get fighter geno in pl0x

I already have all the stuff downloaded i just need help getting the geno on the sd card properly
I say in the first post where to put everything and how to name it.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm almost positive that once the Mewtwo project comes to a close (save for the occasional PSA tweak) and we get a REAL Roy vertex morph, everybody is gonna piledrive this thread. Geno is next on the list for sure.
This (minus the Roy part, that isn't really a huge project at this point, I basically consider Roy finished). After Mewtwo is finalized (which will probably be in the next week or so) Geno will be next. No longer will I have to tolerate TL in ma brawlz. (well, minus the fact he's a clone they wasted time on that could have been more productively spent :cough: Mewtwo :cough: balance :cough: I really have nothing against him or Wind Waker and actually enjoyed it (gets shot by Zelda fanboys)).

This (minus the Roy part, that isn't really a huge project at this point, I basically consider Roy finished). After Mewtwo is finalized (which will probably be in the next week or so) Geno will be next. No longer will I have to tolerate TL in ma brawlz. (well, minus the fact he's a clone they wasted time on that could have been more productively spent :cough: Mewtwo :cough: balance :cough: I really have nothing against him or Wind Waker and actually enjoyed it (gets shot by Zelda fanboys)).
Until we have a quality vertex hack that isnt a shorter Marth, I will not consider him finished.

Zeemis

Smash Rookie
I'm waiting for a Geno version that replaces a character (or an alloy) with a Geno model, not just a skin replacement. I'm also waiting for a "good" move-set that corresponds to what Geno actually does.
Geno Whirl anyone?

He's got rocket hands when unarmed and will also typically wield star-shooting guns.
Before I get flamed with "READ THE WHOLE THREAD", I won't. I won't read 68 pages of talk. :p
I however did read the first page and tried both versions available, both are good but don't really feel like Geno.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We have a model posted GameWatching. If you wanted to vertex-hack Toon Link to look like the Geno model we posted, you could make a lot of people very happy. ;)

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
(Model is on page 56 for people who don't want to flip through all of the pages ;) )

Also, how's the model placement in Brawl been working out? And another thing, can someone direct me to the forum/topic for this "new" vertex method? I'd like to check it out.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been a giant fan of these two movesets for a while.

Especially Fighter Geno, it's so brawl-like. Excellent work you two. :laugh:

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Pik, that has to be one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Not only is it one amazing vertex hack, it also looks almost professional. Good job, and have a few drinks on me

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
No words can be made to describe how **** epic that is..... Once it is done, a huge accomplishment in Brawl hacking will be made.

Zeemis

Smash Rookie
I've been rom hacking SMRPG lately, I can help in that regard.
As in I can give you details on the animations, the damage each spell does, etc...

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Good, since Fighter Geno would be over Lucas, Cosmic Geno should stay on Toon Link. I want Lucas to remain free until the Klonoa hack is finished. :)

ds22

Smash Lord
Good, since Fighter Geno would be over Lucas, Cosmic Geno should stay on Toon Link. I want Lucas to remain free until the Klonoa hack is finished. :)
But keep in mind, the port succeeded in most parts.
Some thing however (like his Side-B and Down-B), weren't ported over at all or failed after the porting.

Piks

Smash Journeyman

The cape is made out of his back shield, b2j.

Thanks for the reception guys. He's almost up for release. :D

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
Awesome Geno's almost done! Amazing job Piks :)

i'm guessing it's just the finishing touches on the textures that need to be applied?

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap Piks. It looks so real in-game! You are a pro at vertex hacking. :D

Oh and I made these so I can at least contribute something to the project:

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Pik's Geno = Hardcore Win. May I ask if you are adding in the top part of his cape ^ In the picture that top part covers his neck and acts as jacket sorta. Plz dont be mad if this statement is stupid I was just wondering

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
pik, really thanks! Your model is fantastic!

Are you planning to add the second ribbon on the hat?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say, no to both of those - I know Geno's vest isn't really a "cape," but there's limits vertex editing has. You can't deviate too far from the original model, I would know from experience. Vertex weights get all screwed up.

Same with the hair/ribbon, although the second strand is more likely to be successful than the vest.

Download is up by the way. check Stack Smash :)

Top Bottom